Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, exactly like that . . . That's the one case where Best Buy could legitimately look at your account, say that you were violating the terms of the coupon, and ban you or whatever. I'm not saying that they will -- in fact, history shows they probably won't. But it's the one real case where they could easily prove that you are indeed knowingly and intentionally gaming the system if they wanted to do so.[/QUOTE]Assuming you don't leave them any identifiable trail behind you, such as using a RZ # for the transaction when it's more than $0.00 or using a credit card for the purchase when it's more than $0.00, then there's not much to track.

The store can bar you from entry if they wish, though that's just for the store itself. It could easily go to other stores in the region if the RM or DM gets involved.

Having lost my RZ Silver membership over a situation like this back at the beginning of the year for "abuse" of a coupon for a RZ Silver-only promotion, BB does track more information than you might give them credit for. If you give them no information to track or don't like a jackass over an item like this, they won't have any way to identify you.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, exactly like that . . . That's the one case where Best Buy could legitimately look at your account, say that you were violating the terms of the coupon, and ban you or whatever. I'm not saying that they will -- in fact, history shows they probably won't. But it's the one real case where they could easily prove that you are indeed knowingly and intentionally gaming the system if they wanted to do so.

It's pretty clear at this point that he's just fishing for the attention. Otherwise he'd have the common sense to not repeatedly post that he's doing things that he knows piss people off, especially when there's no point to posting it. Pathetic, but for some people, negative attention is still attention regardless.[/QUOTE]

I agree! People like this guy are the ones who ruin the sanctity of cheap ass gamer and the deals that ensue. They are also the ones who complain about not getting deals because hoarders got to their store first and bought all the games but in all the hypocrisy they themselves are hoarders. I think there should be some kinda creed for the cheap ass gamer but then again that would have to be personally set but as we see by this guy it would be inffective because there are too many like him.

Hypocrites never WIN!

I believe using more than the limited three copies to be procured by coupons is fraudulent. Thus I hope this guy never complains about the system because essentially he is contributing to messing up the system that which he complains about (Hypocrisy at it's finest). Hopefully one day he'll have to bite the bullet for his actions but until then ....... just ignore him.

Let me explain something that he just does'nt understand . He think that he isn't harming anyone by his actions but I see it differently. While he may think it is just stealing deals from other CAGers and making a profit he is in fact doing much more. He is limiting the amount of CAGers who actually get in on this deal and this directly effects the amount of CAGers who are willing to contribute because of their savings to the CHILD'S PLAY CHARITY. Therefore, he is harming the numerous hospitalized kids that are there and have no way to cope with the stress and and trauma in thier lives but videogames. So yea the typical scenario of "Think Of The Children" become apparent but what does he do he boasts on our forum. If the mods a two-cent brain this guy would be banned already!:bomb:

Just because I keep seeing this and its bothering me:

Its Cheap Ass Gamer not Cheap Ass Gamerers

So you are a CAG we are all CAGs

Anyone want to shed light on Terminator...was it in the scans?

[quote name='joshnorm']Just because I keep seeing this and its bothering me:

Anyone want to shed light on Terminator...was it in the scans?[/QUOTE]

^this

[quote name='shrike4242']
Having lost my RZ Silver membership over a situation like this back at the beginning of the year for "abuse" of a coupon for a RZ Silver-only promotion, BB does track more information than you might give them credit for. If you give them no information to track or don't like a jackass over an item like this, they won't have any way to identify you.[/QUOTE]

not to be too personal here, but how did you learn that you lost your RZ Silver membership? and is there anything you can/are doing to get it back??

I mean, the obvious would be to just sign up with someone else's name. Like mine is in my wife's name, so if they come after me, I'm giving her up!!

I have a feeling the coupons will not be allowing sale prices this time around so no free games. With that said, I'm going up there on Sunday for A Boy and His Blob so I'll probably get Madworld too and bring the coupon. If it rings up free, great, but if not, I'll pay the $10 and be on my way.

[quote name='shrike4242']Assuming you don't leave them any identifiable trail behind you, such as using a RZ # for the transaction when it's more than $0.00 or using a credit card for the purchase when it's more than $0.00, then there's not much to track.[/QUOTE]

Don't they require a RZ card to use these coupons, though? According to the terms printed on the coupon, they should -- I don't think the coupons will even scan without one. Therefore, an identifiable trail most certainly is being left, as an RZ account tracks every purchase on which the card is used (even those that ring up at $0.00).

[quote name='viksmart']Let me explain something that he just does'nt understand . He think that he isn't harming anyone by his actions but I see it differently. While he may think it is just stealing deals from other CAGers and making a profit he is in fact doing much more. He is limiting the amount of CAGers who actually get in on this deal and this directly effects the amount of CAGers who are willing to contribute because of their savings to the CHILD'S PLAY CHARITY. Therefore, he is harming the numerous hospitalized kids that are there and have no way to cope with the stress and and trauma in thier lives but videogames. So yea the typical scenario of "Think Of The Children" become apparent but what does he do he boasts on our forum. If the mods a two-cent brain this guy would be banned already!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

The key here is "I see it differently". Everyone sees things differently. If you don't like it, then go buy up all the deals and offer them to CAGs who may or may not pay you shipping (if you charge for shipping, you're some kind of A-hole), may or may not say thanks, etc. If you're donating to Child's Play only if you're getting deals, then you're the hypocrite. I laugh that anyone that has an issue with someone buying something has to tie it to whether or not in their crazy shadow world, it should be illegal (even if it isn't) or who make it seem like IATCG is hurting the kids in the Child's Play charity. I personally think that IATCG is causing cancer by buying up all the deals. Damn you, IATCG. You caused CANCER!!! And you gave at least 100 of us swine flu, too. You A-hole.

[quote name='arcane93']Don't they require a RZ card to use these coupons, though? According to the terms printed on the coupon, they should -- I don't think the coupons will even scan without one. Therefore, an identifiable trail most certainly is being left, as an RZ account tracks every purchase on which the card is used (even those that ring up at $0.00).[/QUOTE]
Many people have said you don't need to use your card, just scan the coupon. These coupons are really up to the cashier to read for any intervention, otherwise they work as they were programmed to. I personally could care less if they ban me since I lose nothing and I just use my card anyways so they shut up about signing up for one.

[quote name='Jodou']Many people have said you don't need to use your card, just scan the coupon. These coupons are really up to the cashier to read for any intervention, otherwise they work as they were programmed to. I personally could care less if they ban me since I lose nothing and I just use my card anyways so they shut up about signing up for one.[/QUOTE]

Huh -- the one time that I did (accidentally) try having them scan a coupon without scanning my card first in the past, it didn't actually work until after they had scanned the card. Maybe that one was an exception? Dunno, I usually always just hand them my card first anyway.

If a card is required for the coupons to work, then what you would have to lose would be access to future coupon deals. If not, then yeah, I guess not much really (other than whatever RZ certificates you would get from shopping there).

[quote name='arcane93']If not, then yeah, I guess not much really (other than whatever RZ certificates you would get from shopping there).[/QUOTE]

Which, in my case, has been a whopping $5 or $10 certificate ONE time. I rarely buy anything electronic that's not on clearance or that I haven't found a deal for otherwise.

I think the only way I qualified for the $5/10 cert that one time was because I had a friend putting their Christmas purchases on my card as it was.:lol::lol:

Otherwise, aside from the 1 PS2 and 1 Xbox and a few random CD's on occasion that I've bought from them, I don't spend any real discernable amount of money at Best Buy.

Well, unless 300 or so penny guides since I joined CAG count.:lol:

I am the epitome of a devil customer.

[quote name='arcane93']Huh -- the one time that I did (accidentally) try having them scan a coupon without scanning my card first in the past, it didn't actually work until after they had scanned the card. Maybe that one was an exception? Dunno, I usually always just hand them my card first anyway.[/QUOTE]
It varies I think. I remember for X-Blades you didn't need to scan your card, so who knows until you try.

[quote name='mousebites']Ha, you guys made Blockbuster take off Fairy Tale Fights from their system. Good Job. Don't go to crazy this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Damn. I had one copy left. How did you confirm this?

[quote name='dmdragon']Yep, hit tuttle on sunday and got 3 fairy tale fights for 360 for free and gave them to friends as bonus gifts.

Story is kind of meh, but the destruction is awesome and worth the price of admission alone

I got Red faction and Sr2 from BB, both great games.[/QUOTE]

I scored the last 360 copy there and no ps3 copies were left either. Decided to get SR 2 from BB on Monday also. Do you play online? Send me a pm we'll discuss further.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']The key here is "I see it differently". Everyone sees things differently. If you don't like it, then go buy up all the deals and offer them to CAGs who may or may not pay you shipping (if you charge for shipping, you're some kind of A-hole), may or may not say thanks, etc. If you're donating to Child's Play only if you're getting deals, then you're the hypocrite. I laugh that anyone that has an issue with someone buying something has to tie it to whether or not in their crazy shadow world, it should be illegal (even if it isn't) or who make it seem like IATCG is hurting the kids in the Child's Play charity. I personally think that IATCG is causing cancer by buying up all the deals. Damn you, IATCG. You caused CANCER!!! And you gave at least 100 of us swine flu, too. You A-hole.[/QUOTE]
Moral Relativism FTW!

[quote name='joshnorm']Call and its in the BBV Thread[/QUOTE]
Oh, well. I called last night but got delayed and couldn't make it out. One last score lost. It was actually a copy I intended to keep. Then, I played the damn thing and realized it wasn't even worth using as a coaster.

These games will probably end up like the puffy (pirate) shirts on Seinfeld.

I seriously doubt they are going to hand out free games again. look what happen to lets tap this monday. They still have 4 days to fix this. I hope that I can get a copy of transformer even if its $5 since I want to try this game out.

[quote name='joshnorm']Just because I keep seeing this and its bothering me:

Anyone want to shed light on Terminator...was it in the scans?[/QUOTE]

Ha... ya you got me!

I've become used to using that because I thought :drool: that's how we write it "here". I know it may not be correct in an English class but I started using that term because a multitude "CAGs" were using CAGers to describe our populous.

What's up my CAG peoples!!!! XD

[quote name='dino88']I get my paycheck today. I bet it's more than yours (if that even applies).

edit: Sorry, I misread the title of the thread. I thought I was in the "Bragging and Shitting on Others" thread.[/QUOTE]
Pics or GTFO. :)

[quote name='arcane93']If a card is required for the coupons to work, then what you would have to lose would be access to future coupon deals. If not, then yeah, I guess not much really (other than whatever RZ certificates you would get from shopping there).[/QUOTE]

All you gotta do is have a family member make an account and use theirs lol.

[quote name='token2k6']not to be too personal here, but how did you learn that you lost your RZ Silver membership? and is there anything you can/are doing to get it back??

I mean, the obvious would be to just sign up with someone else's name. Like mine is in my wife's name, so if they come after me, I'm giving her up!![/QUOTE]It's a long and detailed story that is too involved to get into here. Basically, if you find that you can't check any information on your RZ account via the phone or via the Internet, that would be an indicator.

[quote name='arcane93']Don't they require a RZ card to use these coupons, though? According to the terms printed on the coupon, they should -- I don't think the coupons will even scan without one. Therefore, an identifiable trail most certainly is being left, as an RZ account tracks every purchase on which the card is used (even those that ring up at $0.00).[/QUOTE]They do need a RZ card to work, so there should be an audit trail for that, even if they're $0.00. Though, the only way to see if it needs a RZ card for it to work would be to provide coupon + game and see if it works without the RZ card being scanned.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']The key here is "I see it differently". Everyone sees things differently. If you don't like it, then go buy up all the deals and offer them to CAGs who may or may not pay you shipping (if you charge for shipping, you're some kind of A-hole), may or may not say thanks, etc. If you're donating to Child's Play only if you're getting deals, then you're the hypocrite. I laugh that anyone that has an issue with someone buying something has to tie it to whether or not in their crazy shadow world, it should be illegal (even if it isn't) or who make it seem like IATCG is hurting the kids in the Child's Play charity. I personally think that IATCG is causing cancer by buying up all the deals. Damn you, IATCG. You caused CANCER!!! And you gave at least 100 of us swine flu, too. You A-hole.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I think you've exhausted your posting time here for a while. Take some time off from posting with this foolishness.

And I think we need to tone it down with the trolling and other flame-laded posts. I know situations like this are polarizing, though regardless, if you don't post about what you did, no one can comment on it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm thinking of picking up Transformers now at $20 and PM'ing later in the week to get my $20 back...do you guys think that will work?[/QUOTE]

I did that with the X-Blades game and got it pricematched to free.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh I'm well aware of places giving more than $10 credit, but the only FYE here doesn't take trades and I never do business at BBV, etc. Plus I'm still getting my games at 30% off at Amazon thanks to an old ECA order. I'm making that $60 go a mile haha.[/QUOTE]
Same here, love my still open 30% Amazon order.
Though I had the 6 copies locked in when it was $15. :)

Well, looks like I'm off to BB this Sunday as well.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm thinking of picking up Transformers now at $20 and PM'ing later in the week to get my $20 back...do you guys think that will work?[/QUOTE]
If you do, don't open it until you've finalized the deal, otherwise you're stuck with the game. I personally don't like drawing attention to the deal by having the clerk think too much. I'd rather just loot n' scoot before they realize what happened.

yeah, i can confirm that BBV is no longer taking FTF, however they wanted to give me $6 for Rock Revolution :lol: :roll: So I didn't even bother with it. Then GS told me they wouldn't take RR to pad the 50% coupon b/c it trades in under $1. However, I think this is YMMV b/c I did it for the L4D2 promo and they took them, so I'm pissed. Oh well, got $38 w/ FTF 1&1 and the Godfather 2, got PSN cards for the wonderful sales going on there.

looking forward to this Sunday, if nothing is 'free' I'll still be in for Transformers if it's $10 or less..

[quote name='perdition(troy']I did that with the X-Blades game and got it pricematched to free.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

[quote name='Jodou']If you do, don't open it until you've finalized the deal, otherwise you're stuck with the game. I personally don't like drawing attention to the deal by having the clerk think too much. I'd rather just loot n' scoot before they realize what happened.[/QUOTE]

Will do, thanks for the tip.

I imagine that BB has fixed their system so that the coupon won't apply to sale priced items, especially since the FTF fiasco was so recent, but one can hope!

BTW, I cross-checked all the games that will be going on sale, and Terminator:Salvation will be $10, not free- my bad.

Still, we're looking at free copies of Madworld, Transformers 2 and Let's Tap.

Called FYE, and the trade-in values weren't pretty:

5ish for Terminator
2 for Madworld

Edit: Called BBV, and got:

10 for Terminator
4 for Madworld

If BB allows Transformers to be free then I really have NO remorse for the FTF ordeal I abused. Well to be honest I won't have remorse either way, but if it happens a week after the huge FTF deal then they're just that much stupider and are really asking to be abused. That being said I wouldn't mind just getting a single copy for myself and that's it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That being said I wouldn't mind just getting a single copy for myself and that's it.[/QUOTE]

ya, id still just get a ton free even if the TiV sucks.

I've created quite a few barcodes in my time (in emergencies when the original Barcode Generator Personnel was out). There are hundreds of numbers (001-999 based on information) that you have to applied based on the sale coupon. It use to take me about 45 minutes to create one from start to actually testing the barcode out to make sure it works (this is not my line of expertise in Advertising, so I made sure I was extremely careful). The actual program that generates them are basically the same across the board for Corporate Retailers (I've had to do them for 3 separate Corporate Retailers) with minor variations:

1. Name of Sale
2. Effective Dates of Use of Barcode (This is where Target constantly screws up and coupons are valid long after they have expired).
3. Department (Video Games Software/Hardware/both, Appliances, Furniture, Women's Clothing, etc. Again another Target screw up with the 1600 MS points deal).
4. Effective Merchandise (the actual SKU/UPC(s) the sale applies to).
5. Amount ($) Off
6. Effective Inclusions (Regular Sale-priced items, Sale, Clearance, 1st Markdowns items. This could be any combination of them. For FTF, it seemed this is where they went wrong and inputted Regular and Sale priced items)
7. Region (North, South, East West)
8. Effective Exclusions (Regular Consumer, Members, Employees, Not Valid for Employees, etc. This could also be any combination of them)
9. Misc Information (used for tracking by the company to see how many were used )

With the exception of the name of the sale and #9, you could easily input the wrong code or incorrectly type 1 digit on any of the above listed and give the consumer a real bargain!

The Generators can do these in 5 minutes. Their main concern is making sure the barcode actually scan, the $ amount and exclusions are correct (so employees are ripping them off with their discount). It is the Marketing department that makes sure the item's final price is correct based on the coupon. 70% of the time, this is not done. And this is where the trouble lies.

Also, you'd be very surprised how coupons can be used on other items, as well as the item listed. Some Corporation barcode programs only have a "Department" category to input and not a UPC/SKU one.

[quote name='mfitzmorris']Called FYE, and the trade-in values weren't pretty:

5ish for Terminator
2 for Madworld

Edit: Called BBV, and got:

10 for Terminator
4 for Madworld[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us TIVs are better for some:
Madworld $8.95
Transformers $15

Let's Tap (another possible freebie) is $5.50
Terminator is only $4.75 for 360 though. Ps3 version is $9. Big difference there.

Well, seeing as how they reacted to the free saints row 2 situation by upping the price to $25 (thus resulting in a $5 game), I would think some preventative measure will be taken to avoid a free transformers game. It is pretty amazing though that these loopholes keep popping up.

Space Cowboy, do you mean you generate coupons to give yourself unwarranted discounts? Sorry if I misunderstood your intention, but it sounded that way to me.

Here's a novel idea. I know it'll be asking a lot out of people, so I don't expect much to happen.

Let's not discuss the wide-spread abuse of this coupon, flips, TIV's and the like. All it's doing is add to the trolling possibilities in this thread, and as we're already so beyond what's normal, it's ridiculous.

Seriously this is getting nuts, I had to go through 5 pages just to find out what may or may not be free. Look if it happens it does, why flame the thread with crap?
We all seem to get the TIVs now, great you are trading for whatever, yes we know they've changed prices and coupons for the games.
When sunday comes I would like to hear if the coupons do or do not work. Until then we don't know what will happen. As we've seen from Sr2 and Lets tap more than likely they will make sure to change it, ok?
Just thought I'd maybe put some reason back in here?

[quote name='estofan']Space Cowboy, do you mean you generate coupons to give yourself unwarranted discounts? Sorry if I misunderstood your intention, but it sounded that way to me.[/QUOTE]
No. I've worked in Advertising for 3 major retailers and have created the barcodes/coupons you see in the newspaper, online, etc. when asked for the Company. I volunteered to learn in case of emergencies (which all seem to have a lot of) and to make myself somewhat "valued". Realized later it's a great skill to have in Advertising and Marketing (no one likes to touch those things with a 10 ft pole everywhere I've worked because of the possible screw ups that could cost the Company thousands of dollars).

bread's done
Back