Deciding on a Game

khloudstrife

CAGiversary!
So I'm caught between buying either Crysis 2 or Mortal Kombat 9. I love playing both genres of these games, shooting and fighting. I already own games similar or identical to these genres (CoD, MvC3, etc). So far reviews for the two have led to Crysis 2 having a slightly higher score than MK9 but not by much at this point. I've played the demo for MK9 but was not able to experience Crysis 2. I have played previous Crysis games though. It's no surprise that Crysis 2 has amazing visuals. The two things I am most concerned with though is gameplay and replayability. I want to buy the game that makes me go "Just one more.." before I call it a night and something I can play for months to come. I've seen the loads of content (or "kontent") in MK9 which I love. The mini-games, challenge tower, and alternate costumes are things that have really pushed me to buy this game. On the other hand, I heard Crysis 2 has a fun campaign, something that you can enjoy every second of. Uncharted 2 is an example of one of the games I had an amazing time playing but more importantly, experiencing. The idea of a powered nano suit is great and something I enjoyed in the past Crysis games. I know it also has multiplayer but the opinions I've heard about it has been mixed. So I just want to see the BCG opinions on which I should choose.

Tough choice! Crysis 2 is $40 on Amazon right now though.

And MK9 is pretty baller, though I'd get it only if you had a friend to play with.

I haven't played either, but I'd say Crysis 2. The only reason I suggest that one over MK is because Crysis 2 has the potential to be good offline opposed to MK (and God knows fucking Sony won't have the PSN back up til probably mid June or some bullshit)

[quote name='panzerfaust']Tough choice! Crysis 2 is $40 on Amazon right now though.

And MK9 is pretty baller, though I'd get it only if you had a friend to play with.[/QUOTE]
MK9 is also $40 though, if you use the $10 off coupon in the Gamer magazine thing that's free at TRU in conjunction with their current $49.99 price.;)

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I haven't played either, but I'd say Crysis 2. The only reason I suggest that one over MK is because Crysis 2 has the potential to be good offline opposed to MK (and God knows fucking Sony won't have the PSN back up til probably mid June or some bullshit)[/QUOTE]

The Crysis 2 story is rather flat in my opinion. MK9 has tons of stuff to do aside from multiplayer. Story mode, challenge tower, tons of stuff to unlock in the Krypt, etc...

Crysis 2 wasn't anything special and the replay value was weak in my opinion. Visuals is the only thing going for Crysis. I've heard nothing but good things about MK.

Thank you for all the inputs! MK is actually going to be $30 starting next week at TRU. The price is dropping to $39.99 and stack that with the $10-off coupon that's in the free magazines there then bam. Definitely picking it up.

bread's done
Back