DeepDiscountDVD.com's 20% Off Sale announced now through 11/20/04

cleaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
349 (100%)
From DVDtalk courtesy Dabaomb; from today's NY Times; it's official. Pre-orders, video games, accessories, and electronics are excluded. Only code announced so far is NYTIMES, but last year they released like 6 or 7.

Edit: The codes
NYTIMES
USATODAY
bargainflix
currently working

STRANGE DAYS $ 5.74
LEONARD MALTIN'S ANIMATION FAVORITES $ 14.60
ED WOOD JR COLLECTION $ 23.40
BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY (WS) $ 23.99
MANIAC $ 9.59
NINE INCH NAILS-AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN $ 20.10
JURASSIC PARK (DTS) $ 7.48
WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE $ 7.48

Merchandise Total: $ 112.38
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Handling: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 112.38

I made 2 different orders on seperate days so I wouldn't feel so terribly bad about it. :wink: At least I didn't spend it on a stack of down feather pillows at the new IKEA :p

[quote name='Richter']any anime recommendations?[/quote]
Personally, I'm picking up the recently released (on Tuesday) third volume of Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum, Animatrix (been meaning to pick this one up forever), and Kite Uncut. I also considered Akira, Mezzo Forte, Mezzo TV, Noir, and S-cry-ed. I probably would have sprung for the Special Edition Akira, but I don't think it comes in the limited edition tin. For $30, I want that tin! :p
Out of my current collection, I would recommend Berserk, Hellsing, Iria, and I won't even go into the standard Toonami fare (Blue Submarine No. 6, Outlaw Star, etc.)

PRINCESS BLADE $ 9.59 1 $ 9.59
THE MUSA-WARRIOR $ 10.52 1 $ 10.52
WAKING LIFE $ 5.74 1 $ 5.74
FREAKS & GEEKS-COMPLETE SERIES $ 33.52 1 $ 33.52
DANE COOK-HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED (CD $ 7.67 1 $ 7.67
PUNCH DRUNK LOVE (SUPERBIT SE) $ 17.56 1 $ 17.56

Your promotional discount is reflected in the prices above.
The promotional discount on this order was: $21.18

[quote name='Alpha2']So okay did anyone else have this porblem?

I logged in. made my selections went through the whole purchase process and at the end of the checkout WinXP SP2's popup blocker kills the window, clicking the "allow pop up temporarily" refreshes the window leaving me with a "your cart is empty" screen.

So now I dont know if the purchase went through or not, the account tab says I have to wait 24 hours for my data to be updated but dont they usually send you a confirmation email to let you know you bought something? I dont know if I should try and redo my purchase or not.[/quote]

i just installed the winxp sp2 lastnight and made my final order last night afterwards....the same exact thing happened, so i became paranoid and pressed the back button so i would still have my stuff in the cart in case i had to reclick it.......a few hours later, i received my email saying that the order went through...

I was thinking of getting the Indiana Jones trilogy, but when I saw it's $51, no thanks. That's even more expensive than the star wars trilogy. (Yeah, I know it comes out to $17 a piece, but still).

I went light this year. I'll do more during the spring sale and next year's winter sale, since I'll have more money by then, so I got...

1 CRD002532 DVD : SOUR GRAPES $ 4.79
In-stock
1 HBD099248 DVD : SEX & THE CITY-2ND SEASON $ 29.99
In-stock
1 PIO012133 DVD : TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (AMAR $ 5.59
In-stock
1 VMG015952 DVD : HAGGARD (UN) $ 13.18
In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 53.55
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Handling: $ .00 .

Total for this Order: $ 53.55

No tax, free shipping, and great deals already on the site makes this site a great site to order from year-wide regardless of sales or not.

[quote name='cyberlian']CRITTERS 2 $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
CRITTERS 3 $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
STAR WARS TRILOGY (WS) $ 33.50 1 $ 33.50
CRITTERS $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
CRITTERS 4 $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
SHORT CIRCUIT $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79
TRADING SPACES-THEY HATED IT $ 6.37 1 $ 6.37
BATMAN THE LEGACY $ 38.84 1 $ 38.84
TRADING SPACES-VIEWERS CHOICE $ 14.88 1 $ 14.88
HAMTARO-V.06 HAM HAM TIMES THE FIR $ 7.88 1 $ 7.88
HAMTARO-V.05 A HAM HAM VALENTINE $ 7.91 1 $ 7.91
DONNIE DARKO $ 8.26 1 $ 8.26
DEAD ALIVE $ 6.37 1 $ 6.37
POLTERGEIST 1 $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
POLTERGEIST 2/POLTERGEIST 3 (DF) $ 7.29 1 $ 7.29
MARS ATTACKS $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79
TOTAL RECALL (SE) $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79

around $180[/quote]

and now for my second order

ALF-1ST SEASON $ 15.91 1
NBA-100 GREATEST PLAYS $ 6.24 1
SCREAM TRILOGY BOX SET $ 18.24 1

so do they charge tax? and i'm assuming this sale ends saturday at midnight, right?

sorry for the questions......i'm just paranoid because i haven't ordered from them before......i don't want them to try to add on fees at the last second

Also, for those who have ordered Twin Peaks season 1, there will be a remake of season 1 (included with the Pilot already!) and season 2 (which isn't coming out until the new version of season 1 is coming out) sometime in 2005.

[quote name='Legolas813']so do they charge tax? and i'm assuming this sale ends saturday at midnight, right?

sorry for the questions......i'm just paranoid because i haven't ordered from them before......i don't want them to try to add on fees at the last second[/quote]

No tax, no hidden fees, the sooner you order, the sooner you will be enjoying your dvds.

CONFIDENCE IN PROCESS 1 $4.79
THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN IN PROCESS 1 $7.29
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS IN PROCESS 1 $7.99
JACKIE BROWN (COLLECTOR'S EDITION) IN PROCESS 1 $11.04
THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS (CRITERION) BACKORDER 1 $11.04
THE GREAT ESCAPE IN PROCESS 1 $17.15
FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (CRITERION) IN PROCESS 1 $23.00
BACK TO THE FUTURE-COMPLETE TRILOGY (WID BACKORDER 1 $23.99
JOE DIRT IN PROCESS 1 $7.92 0

Order Total: $114.21

Discount: About 28 bucks

I'm thinking about buying a few more though

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I have no money :cry:[/quote]

Well, fuck. I still have no money but I went ahead and spent $111.

Eva Platinum Vol 3, Dead Zone season 1 & 2, Mr. Show seasons 1-4.

Damn my will power.

COWBOY BEBOP SESSION 4 1 14.39
COWBOY BEBOP SESSION 5 1 $ 14.39
COWBOY BEBOP SESSION 6 1 $ 14.39
RONIN WARRIORS-COMPLETE COLLECTION 1 $ 71.99

Total $ 115.16

Saved $ 28.00

Saved off MSRP $ 124.64

Just place my 1st small order $275 worth anime Box Set ($220 after 20% off discount). Also, too many Backlogs titles in my collection list to pickup but i wonder which one I should pickup 1st (my wallet is limited).

Well... have to makeup my mind to place my 2nd order b4 the 20th (heavy traffic jam) :)

Damn the multiple codes! I just put in a second DVD order. Got a bunch of Criterion DVDs though for an average of less than $20 each. Can't beat that. I thought of more that I want to pick up, but....must.....ressit....urge..............

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Legolas813']so do they charge tax? and i'm assuming this sale ends saturday at midnight, right?

sorry for the questions......i'm just paranoid because i haven't ordered from them before......i don't want them to try to add on fees at the last second[/quote]

No tax, no hidden fees, the sooner you order, the sooner you will be enjoying your dvds.[/quote]

They do charge tax in some states. I had to pay tax this time around. Ass! Last time I didn't (I lived in MN then).

I couldn't stand it... I HAD to order more:
STRANGERS WITH CANDY-2ND SEASON $ 14.40 1 $ 14.40
STRANGERS WITH CANDY-1ST SEASON $ 14.40 1 $ 14.40
STRANGERS WITH CANDY-3RD SEASON $ 15.60 1 $ 15.60
10 DVD STACK RACK (CHERRY/BLACK) $ 6.49 1 $ 6.49
:)

[quote name='Querjek']I couldn't stand it... I HAD to order more:
:)[/quote]

Excellent choice. that show was great. I hope you have Upright Citizen's Brigade as well.

[quote name='Legolas813']Just got the Home Alone Caper Collection (Home Alone 1-4 on DVD) for $29.27[/quote]

Good deal, but those last two Home Alone movies... were SO hideous.

is anyone picking sanitarium? i know some ppl on here mentioned that the game was pretty damn cool, but what about the movie? its only $5.99 before coupon....

also....the sale ends on the 20th, which is saturday....so does it end on saturday, meaning we can't order anything on saturday, or saturday is the last day that we can order on?

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Legolas813']Just got the Home Alone Caper Collection (Home Alone 1-4 on DVD) for $29.27[/quote]

Good deal, but those last two Home Alone movies... were SO hideous.[/quote]

yeah i agree the last two weren't very good......but its only a couple of dollars more to order the whole pack compared to just buying the first two separately, so i just said what the heck......its a gift anyways; my little brother is obsessed with home alone......we have the first two on vhs, but they have been played so many times they are starting to wear out pretty bad

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I have no money :cry:[/quote]

Well, shaq-fu. I still have no money but I went ahead and spent $111.

Eva Platinum Vol 3, Dead Zone season 1 & 2, Mr. Show seasons 1-4.

Damn my will power.[/quote]

I went back yesterday afternoon and ordered Clash of the Titans and Full Metal Jacket. About $15 for both.

Damned sales, they're killing me.

THX 1138 (2DISC SE/WS) $ 16.62 1 $ 16.62
ED WOOD (SE) $ 16.32 1 $ 16.32
CLERKS 10TH ANNIVERSARY ED (3D) $ 19.00 1 $ 19.00
THE IRON GIANT $ 11.11 1 $ 11.11
EDDIE IZZARD-GLORIOUS $ 9.57 1 $ 9.57
FUTURAMA-V.02 $ 27.13 1 $ 27.13
FUTURAMA-V.03 $ 29.27 1 $ 29.27

The sad thing is, I know that tomorrow I'll probably go back for more.

[quote name='Querjek']
Excellent choice. that show was great. I hope you have Upright Citizen's Brigade as well.
Yep, I;ve had UCB season 1 for a while... I'm just hoping that they put the other 2 seasons on DVD.[/quote]

They won't, ebcause they're too good. People can't handle them.

My order shipped on Wednesday, recieved half of it (Twin Peaks s1) today. Mars Attacks was shipped yesterday. Awesome, esp. since the shipping was free. :D

Though I suppose being in the same state helps matters. :)

Ive ordered Arrested Development Season One, and I cant wait to get it. Ive only seen a few episodes from the first season, so Im really looking forward to seeing all the episodes I haven't seen, and rewatching some old favorites.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']is anyone picking sanitarium? i know some ppl on here mentioned that the game was pretty damn cool, but what about the movie? its only $5.99 before coupon....
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the game's not based on the movie. And the game is indeed really good, if very hard to find now.

[quote name='Querjek']I couldn't stand it... I HAD to order more:
:)

Excellent choice. that show was great. I hope you have Upright Citizen's Brigade as well.[/quote]
Yep, I;ve had UCB season 1 for a while... I'm just hoping that they put the other 2 seasons on DVD.[/quote]

They won't, ebcause they're too good. People can't handle them.[/quote]
Yeah... well, at least I'm still better than them since they've all handled my ass-pennies!

[quote name='mkelehan'][quote name='trustcompany1013']is anyone picking sanitarium? i know some ppl on here mentioned that the game was pretty damn cool, but what about the movie? its only $5.99 before coupon....
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the game's not based on the movie. And the game is indeed really good, if very hard to find now.[/quote]

the game is widely available at best buys and office supply stores (i.e. officemax)......just look in the clearance section

[quote name='Kaijufan']Ive ordered Arrested Development Season One, and I cant wait to get it. Ive only seen a few episodes from the first season, so Im really looking forward to seeing all the episodes I haven't seen, and rewatching some old favorites.[/quote]

I just watched season 1 last week, and I think I might watch it again very soon. It's that good.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Kaijufan']Ive ordered Arrested Development Season One, and I cant wait to get it. Ive only seen a few episodes from the first season, so Im really looking forward to seeing all the episodes I haven't seen, and rewatching some old favorites.[/quote]

I just watched season 1 last week, and I think I might watch it again very soon. It's that good.[/quote]

Same here. I borrowed it from a friend at work, watched the entire season in about three days, and ordered it from DDD last weekend. I'm sure I'll watch it again as soon as I get my own copy.

Kinda tight being so close to XMas, but ordered the following:

Transformers Season 1 Set
Frequency
Fright Night
Near Dark
Silver Bullet
Scanners
Pet Sematary
Watchers/Watchers 2
3 Stooges Colorized/Remastered Set
Ninja Scroll DTS
Akira DTS
Star Wars Trilogy

All for $175 and shipped FREE!!! Thanks for the post cleaver. Deep Discount DVD sent me an email promo, but I would have missed the sale w/o your post.

The highlight of my purchase was the Star Wars Trilogy Box Set for $33.50 after the discount. Rock on! :)

Placed my first order this afternoon:

Curb Your Enthusiam: The Complete Season One/Curb Your Enthusiam: The Complete Season Two (I got the combo which saves you a few bucks) - $46.04
ECW: Rise & Fall of ECW - $14.51

Both these DVDs are out of stock, but I can be patient and wait.

I placed my final order literally. the last minute of the sale:

Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition - $23.99

Oddly, when I add something to my cart now it still takes off 20% because I put in one of the codes I didn't use.

how long does it usually take for them to put the items on the order status after you have submitted the order?, I ordered mine at about 8:30pm and right now it's 1 am and still says "You have 0 open orders." in the open order history...

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']Does any1 know how long it takes for them to get their dvds back in stock so it wont be on backorder anymore?[/quote]
I'm sure it varies, but I bought a backordered DVD from them during the last big sale, and it took less than a week for them to get it back in stock and shipped out. Based on that good experience, I had no qualms ordering items that aren't currently in-stock. When they say that they'll ship as soon as the item is restocked, they mean it.

I placed a last minute order recently just because I could not pass up the Star Wars DVDs that I completely forgot about.

STAR WARS TRILOGY (WS) BACKORDER 1 $33.50 0 :)( damn backorder, (not like I didn't see it comming though))
THORN BIRDS IN PROCESS 1 $18.71 (don't ask, it was a request for a gift)
SOUTH PARK-1ST COMPLETE SEASON IN PROCESS 1 $23.04

[quote name='xzafixz']STAR WARS TRILOGY (WS) BACKORDER 1 $33.50 0 :)( damn backorder, (not like I didn't see it comming though))[/quote]
I'd tell you to blame me for that, but it was already on backorder when I ordered it, too. :wink:

bread's done
Back