Delay in Live cards?

strife18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,
I just purchased a 12 month live card for my account which I just got back after a long period of not having a 360.
I went online to xbox.com and entered the code and everything seems smooth. It showed that I have gold status and that my subscription expires April 2011.
However when I go on my 360 it still shows me under silver status. I went to manage accounts and look at my memberships and it shows a live card. I select it and it shows the same as online, im Gold and it expires April 2011. But still my account avatar says silver and I have no options to "activate" the gold status, only setup a renewal plan.
Kinda weird, so I thought I would ask the brilliant minds at CAG to see if there is just some sort of delay, or is there a step I seem to be missing.
Or maybe the off chance something screwed up in the process.
Thanks for your input!

There was a delay in card redemptions on March 30 because their servers were getting hammered with requests because of the Stimulus Package DLC for Modern Warfare 2. If it's still a bit screwy after another week, you may need to contact XBox Support (I would suggest @xboxsupport on Twitter to talk to Americans.)

You don't say when you did it, but I assume it was early this morning / late last night?

If so, I want to say that's normal. I don't remember the 12 month card I put on last winter, but I remember once or twice in the past with the three month cards my account didn't reflect me becoming gold right away, I believe it was updated in the past 24 hours though, so as long as the code went through, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

[quote name='strife18']Hey guys,
I just purchased a 12 month live card for my account which I just got back after a long period of not having a 360.
I went online to xbox.com and entered the code and everything seems smooth. It showed that I have gold status and that my subscription expires April 2011.
However when I go on my 360 it still shows me under silver status. I went to manage accounts and look at my memberships and it shows a live card. I select it and it shows the same as online, im Gold and it expires April 2011. But still my account avatar says silver and I have no options to "activate" the gold status, only setup a renewal plan.
Kinda weird, so I thought I would ask the brilliant minds at CAG to see if there is just some sort of delay, or is there a step I seem to be missing.
Or maybe the off chance something screwed up in the process.
Thanks for your input![/QUOTE]

Is this a second xbox 360 for you i.e. RROD, etc? If so, your 12 month card could be linked to the xbox 360 that was registered to you online i.e. your first xbox 360. I had an issue downloading a game in the past from the website when I didn't register my new xbox 360 to my gamertag. You have to change the primary on the website.

bread's done
Back