Delete post

[quote name='mang9432']you have an unreasonable price ceiling for that game.[/QUOTE]Agreed. You might get lucky around $20

Agree with all. Sniping is not some magical trick that wins you auctions for way below the going price. It WILL get you lower average prices over the long run but that doesn't mean everything will go for what you want.

I'm not sure what the going rate is on eBay and I don't really feel like looking but it sounds like your price is too low. If that's the case your only shot on eBay is to catch a badly priced Buy it Now auction early.

You can try posting the CAG trade forums - "WTB Zelda CE for $10 shipped". See what happens.... (but don't ask me to sell it to you)

You have to have a lot of money prior to the auction ending or get lucky. Know your prices.

I suggest you search for complete auctions of that game to see what it went for to get a more specific $ amount you'll need to win.

Only fools end it early if it looks like they'll get more bids... if you were the only bidder on some unwanted item, like a copy of Madden 97, then the seller might be tempted to end early.

Zelda CE still fetches a pretty price so unless you get absolutely lucky with a last-minute snipe or find an uninformed seller offering a complete copy for $20 shipped, I think you'll best find your luck at pawn shops and thrift stores...

Also, it seems disc-only copies and one disc+case have sold for about $20 shipped recently, with many complete copies ending up in the $30 - $40+ shipped range. eBay may not be your avenue to obtain this game.

[quote name='blackbird3216']are you sure about this? I don't think anyone would want to end it early if they could get more moolah.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was being an ass...you're not going to get ZCE for $10. You'd be lucky to get a disc only for $15-20 shipped, lucky.

[quote name='blackbird3216']alright, i asked a guy to end it early, he said he would if i give him a good price. What should that be?[/quote]If its complete, no less than $30.

I really can't believe you are serious with these threads. You know, I'd like Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for $10 each. That sure would be nice. Maybe I'll go start a thread about it...

:roll:

>>alright, i asked a guy to end it early, he said he would if i give him a good price. What should that be?

No, a good price 'for him', not a good price for you.

those are new games. We are talking about a game that is 4yrs old. Some of those games you are talking about haven't even come out yet. BTW, i got MP3 for $30.

If everyone snipes the price is typically lower.

That's why I only use three day auctions when I sell, because more people will jump the gun, and don't even care about the bids until about 10 minutes before close.

Case in point: Lunar 1 & 2 for Playstation that I sold in a lot - Lunar 2 goes for ~80, 1 for ~30, but no one bid until about 20 mins left and the whole lot went for ~90.

This thread is pretty ridiculous. Are you getting sniped and losing by $.50 or $1, or are you getting sniped and then getting outbid for another $10 more than you're willing to pay.

I put down a lot of bids of games and stuff I see running cheap near there endtime, but I rarely win them because there's always someone willing to pay close to the average.

wow. op how old are you? im really hoping you dont say you are older than about 10.

heres how you win an ebay auction. you bid higher than everyone else.

[quote name='blackbird3216']are you sure about this? I don't think anyone would want to end it early if they could get more moolah.[/QUOTE]
If thats the case, why put your max at $10 if you know its not going to go for that? Only time you'll get lucky is if it ends at a weird time or the seller spells it wrong and puts it in the wrong category..but that is rarely.

Even if the price is very low compared to completed auctions with like 10 mins left, that price will jump up dramatically within the few seconds. People try to snipe each other. Next thing you know it, an item with 2 mins left at $5 would jump up to $50 by auctions end.

[quote name='nativetongue88']wow. op how old are you? im really hoping you dont say you are older than about 10.

heres how you win an ebay auction. you bid higher than everyone else.[/QUOTE]
i didn't mean just win ebay auctions, of course i know how auctions work. Im just saying, how do i win this. BTW, the guy that was giving me offers will give it to me for $30 to end the auction early, or there's this guy on CAG that would sell it to me for $27.

[quote name='blackbird3216']i didn't mean just win ebay auctions, of course i know how auctions work. Im just saying, how do i win this. BTW, the guy that was giving me offers will give it to me for $30 to end the auction early, or there's this guy on CAG that would sell it to me for $27.[/quote]Just help a CAG out. That's a great price. In fact, I'm not so sure you would be helping him as much as he would be helping you. I doubt he would make more money on you than if he cared to bother with eBay.

But that is about the lowest you are ever going to find this game unless you get extremely lucky and buy it off of someone extremely dumb.

[quote name='blackbird3216']i didn't mean just win ebay auctions, of course i know how auctions work. Im just saying, how do i win this. BTW, the guy that was giving me offers will give it to me for $30 to end the auction early, or there's this guy on CAG that would sell it to me for $27.[/QUOTE]

nab the cag copy fo sho

I thought that if you bid on ebay and put a max in it would automatically (and instantly) re-bid the auction if you are out-bid until the bidding goes above your stated maximum. This way it is impossible to "snipe" someone if they have put a higher max on it than you.

Therefore you just need to bid and put in the max value you are willing to pay. Doesn't need to be at the last minute either, since the re-bidding is done automatically and instantaneously.

Does it not work this way or do some auctions not operate this way or what...?

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']I thought that if you bid on ebay and put a max in it would automatically (and instantly) re-bid the auction if you are out-bid until the bidding goes above your stated maximum. This way it is impossible to "snipe" someone if they have put a higher max on it than you.

Therefore you just need to bid and put in the max value you are willing to pay. Doesn't need to be at the last minute either, since the re-bidding is done automatically and instantaneously.

Does it not work this way or do some auctions not operate this way or what...?

Ruahrc[/quote]

Yes, eBay will automatically bid up to your max value. I think you're a little confused though. It doesn't automatically "re-bid" when you are "out bid". If you're out bid, that means someone else has put in a higher maximum value. It is impossible to snipe someone if they have a higher max than you do.

One of the reasons sniping works is because some people won't put in their max when they first bid. They will bid over and over if they keep getting out bid. That's how bidding wars happen:lol: .

[quote name='lordwow']This thread is pretty ridiculous. Are you getting sniped and losing by $.50 or $1, or are you getting sniped and then getting outbid for another $10 more than you're willing to pay.

I put down a lot of bids of games and stuff I see running cheap near there endtime, but I rarely win them because there's always someone willing to pay close to the average.[/QUOTE]
no, usually i get sniped by $20-30 bucks

[quote name='blackbird3216']no, usually i get sniped by $20-30 bucks[/quote]

That isn't getting sniped. That is getting horrendously outbid.
Getting sniped is having a max bid of $30 and the item selling for $30.50.
It's not having a max bid of $10 and the item selling for $30.50.

I have the game, and I don't think I'd pay more than $20 for it. The ports are all slow and the retrospective video is kinda disappointing.

[quote name='Proto Man']I have the game, and I don't think I'd pay more than $20 for it. The ports are all slow and the retrospective video is kinda disappointing.[/QUOTE]
well, that's what im trying to do, but people think that the price is ridiculous. Mind as well just download them on VC.

[quote name='blackbird3216']well, that's what im trying to do, but people think that the price is ridiculous. Mind as well just download them on VC.[/quote]
$5 Zelda
$5 Zelda II
$10 OoT
unavailable MM

That's $20 and you can't even get MM. Furthermore, this is a physical copy and a collector's item. People value those both more than ROMs. If and when MM comes out, you can get them on VC for at least $30. You have been offered this for $27 shipped. That's pretty darn good for a collector's item game compilation.

[quote name='blackbird3216']i didn't mean just win ebay auctions, of course i know how auctions work. Im just saying, how do i win this. BTW, the guy that was giving me offers will give it to me for $30 to end the auction early, or there's this guy on CAG that would sell it to me for $27.[/quote]

Shoot who is this CAG? If the disc isn't scratched and the game is complete I'll take it for 27 shipped. I've been looking for this.

I can't get it cheaper than 33 at Gamestop with coupons and Edge card. PM whoever you are!

[quote name='jling84']Shoot who is this CAG? If the disc isn't scratched and the game is complete I'll take it for 27 shipped. I've been looking for this.

I can't get it cheaper than 33 at Gamestop with coupons and Edge card. PM whoever you are![/QUOTE]
i pm'ed him already. you probably won't get it. I just didn't know the value of the game, ok. Just stop flaming me.

bread's done
Back