Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='caMOFOg']Does anyone know if I can go to customer service with a receipt (subtotal of $42) from Thursday night's purchase and buy something else which will put the subtotal over $50 so I can use this coupon? Or do I have to return everything I bought and rebuy with a subtotal of $50 or more?[/QUOTE]

More than likely for it to register with the system, you'll have to return and rebuy. Though I have to say, seems like a lot of work to get the $10 gc. I'm sure you could probably spend another $50 in-store (it's not hard to do, my gf can vouch for that) to get the gc.

I doubt I'll get to go. I was doing the math and the $10 gift card is essentially what I would pay in tax at the store than if I was to just get a $100 item on Amazon.

I spent like $145 on a single purchase on target like 3 days ago. Can I take my receipt and get 1 or 2 $10 GC? Would I only qualify for 1?

[quote name='darknight88']I spent like $145 on a single purchase on target like 3 days ago. Can I take my receipt and get 1 or 2 $10 GC? Would I only qualify for 1?[/QUOTE]

Again, more than likely to get the system to register the promo you would have to return and rebuy. You could however talk a manager into honoring the purchase, but I'd call YMMV on that.

Hmm...nah I'll pass. I bought like PSN cards and they would need to be deactivated then activated again which would be a huge pita. Thanx

I just found some recent receipts over $50 and got 3 GCs. I haven't tried the 2 GC for over $100, but I am pretty sure they will not do it since it is one coupon per transaction.

I just went grocery shopping at Super Target. Got half of my stuff, paid $50, got a gift card, put it in my trunk, went back in, got the rest of my stuff, spent $50, got another gift card, and used the first one on the second order to make that total $40. So $100 worth of groceries for $90 plus another $10 gift card. Good stuff!

[quote name='mightymek']I just went grocery shopping at Super Target. Got half of my stuff, paid $50, got a gift card, put it in my trunk, went back in, got the rest of my stuff, spent $50, got another gift card, and used the first one on the second order to make that total $40. So $100 worth of groceries for $90 plus another $10 gift card. Good stuff![/QUOTE]

That's the method people used on the kmart/duracell/GC promo. Old deal hunters will remember that one. :cool: Basically every time you made a purchase you were adding to your previous GC, so you were making money and getting free stuff. It was all within the rules of the promo, but my store wouldn't let me do it after a few days. Some people ended up making thousands of dollars from their initial $10 investment.

I had already won a $15 Target gift card at work the week before Thanksgiving, so I put that toward my $50 plus purchase today and got:

Atari’s Greatest Hits Volume 1 (DS) - $13.98
Dead Rising 2 (360) - $14.98
Mod Nation Racers (PS3) - $17.00
Wario Ware: D.I.Y. (DS) - $10.48

After applying the $15 gift card I had, I only spent $43.76 out of pocket. Then, I went back and used the $10 gift card on the last copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition (360) they had and paid $10.99 for it. Thanks, OP, and I’m glad I waited to use my $15 gift card to take advantage of the deal.

Inexplicably, yesterday I bought the XBox wireless controller (with $10 coupon) and also bought something else for just over 10 bucks to give the pre-coupon total of $50.20. First I got the $10 off for the controller, then the guy in electronics gave me 2 $10 gift cards. My guess is he misread the controller coupon and thought it also came with a $10 card (vs the $10 discount, which did apply).

[quote name='bushdog']Inexplicably, yesterday I bought the XBox wireless controller (with $10 coupon) and also bought something else for just over 10 bucks to give the pre-coupon total of $50.20. First I got the $10 off for the controller, then the guy in electronics gave me 2 $10 gift cards. My guess is he misread the controller coupon and thought it also came with a $10 card (vs the $10 discount, which did apply).[/QUOTE]

I bought something yesterday that was over $50 and the woman (a new girl) just gave me the $10 straight off the purchase I was making, no need for a coupon or anything...

Do we have any Target reps on CAG? The God of War Origins+DS3 pack is showing instock at all Targets by me, but I visited 3 and none of them could find any trace of the item in their system. I've already tried calling the online customer service, but got an extremely unhelpful supervisor.

Lucked out and got $10 off my purchase AND a $10 gift card! Thanks OP, might try to go again since I need to get groceries :)

I'm torn. On one hand, I want to buy more Kindle cards because 20% off of Amazon is never a bad deal. On the other, I know if I spend the money, I will waste it on crap I don't need on Amazon.

Wow my local Targets barely had any Kindle cards left. The Curtner Target is OOS and the San Jose East store had 1 left after I picked up my cards. Call ahead if you're gonna try to use the coupon for the Kindle cards!

Thanks for the coupon OP!

Kindle card deal may be dead. Able to get one $50 card, but attempted another and the register said that the kindle card was invalid. Went and got another and wouldn't work. Went to guest services and they said that the item was no longer valid. Still worked with other stuff though.

Finally finished up on this deal. After buying 4 $50 kindle cards and thinking I was making out I found out you could buy Target gift cards first and then double dip on any other gift card. So after $230 down $300 worth of Virgin Mobile top up cards and $50 worth of goods with a bonus 2 $10 gift cards I have my phone payed off for the next year.

Managed to get 1 50 Kindle card and 1 25. There were 2 50 kindle card left, and I was thinking of getting another one after I paid, but an employee grabbed it. They were aware of the deal because the lady who helped me said I was the 5th customer today who came in and bought it with a coupon. The only difference is that my coupon wasn't black and white hehe. When I left they were still talking about the Kindle card deal, so I wouldn't be surprised if the employee who grabbed the last two bought it. I'm just glad it wasn't cleaned out before I got a couple. Bought some groceries as well. Got some sodas since it was on sale and used a Target coupon to stack with it :)

I had 2 more coupons which I just gave away to a family I saw making a large purchase. Now, time to pay for my pre-order game on Amazon :) Thanks for the heads up!

Wasted the ink on printing 2 coupons before heading to Target, Donut2922 was right about calling ahead to check stock on Kindle GCs, saw 4 empty pegs and asked the employee if they were kept in any other aisles, no such luck.

(all was not lost, pricematched the PS+ deal at the Best Buy down the street with no problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back