Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Promo Deals Page:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Deals Currently Active (use promo link above to see all listings):

NOTE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR SOME TITLES

$25 Gift Card with free shipping:

FIFA 17

NHL 17

Final Fantasy XV

Battlefield 1

Kingdom Hearts III

Forza Horizon 3

Dead Rising 4

Halo Wars 2

Madden NFL 17

Gears of War 4

Skylanders Imaginators

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2

Gran Turismo Sport

Days Gone

Death Stranding

Detroit: Become Human

God of War PS4

Prey

Spiderman PS4

Injustice 2

NBA 2k17 

Horizon Zero Dawn 

The Last Guardian

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

$15 Gift Card with free shipping:

F1 2016

PES 2017

Dragon Quest Builders

MGS V Definitive

Ride 2

Agents of Mayhem

Recore

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

World of Warcraft Legion

XCOM 2

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Skyrim Special Edition

Batman: Return to Arkham

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Star Ocean

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Hitman

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

$10 Gift Card with free shipping:

None currently

Gift Card Notes:  Please remember that eGift cards take about 20 days to be issued after the item ships and usually expire within about 90 days of issuance.  You should wait AT LEAST 20 days from the ship date before contacting Dell for missing cards.  Also, keep in mind that you may receive smaller gift cards (usually 5% of your order total) for the Dell Advantage Rewards program which is in addition to their advertised $15 or $25 gift cards.  Don't assume Dell is not giving you the full gift card amount simply because you receive a Dell Advantage Rewards gift card.  These are issued earlier than the promo gift cards.

Screenshots of website showing gift card amounts, etc. (provided in case you are having trouble receiving gift cards):

Yoshi's Wooly World

http://s16.postimg.o...l/yoshidell.jpg

Zelda Tri-force Heroes

http://s24.postimg.o.../zeldadell2.jpg

Dishonored: DE

http://imgur.com/Ygd6yus

WWE 2K16

http://i.imgur.com/Znzb410.png

CoD BO3

http://i.imgur.com/nyk3KLS.png

Fallout 4

http://i.imgur.com/KYPBKap.png

Shipping: Shipping is usually release date or the day after, but Dell can be hit or miss with shipping speed, so be warned if that is important to you.  DON'T trust release date delivery even if advertised.  Expect to receive most items within 1-3 days after release date.

DEAD DEALS:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you waiting for gift cards, Dell is very slow on sending them.  Make sure you expect AT LEAST 20 days from the date the item was shipped for the gift card to be issued.  Occasionally they have issued them faster, but 20 days from ship date is usually the minimum.

Do the xbox live gift cards expire?  I have credit expiring that i have to use or do you guys have any recommendations on what to splurge on?

Do the xbox live gift cards expire? I have credit expiring that i have to use or do you guys have any recommendations on what to splurge on?
I don't know if Xbox gift cards expire, but wouldn't be surprised. I recommend asking in the Xbox Live forum since they will likely know pretty easily.

FYI, Dell will pricematch, so their crummy prices for many existing games can be pretty decent once you price match. This might be a good way to use up expiring credit. You can price match online chat or over the phone. I have found the chat is surprisingly efficient and they will let you check out over chat, too.

Here are the RETAILER WEBSITES DELL WILL MATCH PRICING FOR ON DELL PCs OR ELECTRONICS & ACCESSORIES:
· Amazon.com
. Apple.com
· BestBuy.com
· BHphotovideo.com
· CDW.com
· HP.com

· Frys.com
· Lenovo.com
· Microcenter.com
· Newegg.com
· OfficeDepot.com
· OfficeMax.com

· Sears.com
· Staples.com
· Target.com
· TigerDirect.com
· Walmart.com

FYI, Dell will pricematch, so their crummy prices for many existing games can be pretty decent once you price match. This might be a good way to use up expiring credit. You can price match online chat or over the phone. I have found the chat is surprisingly efficient and they will let you check out over chat, too.
Thanks for the heads up. This knowledge will help nicely.

For those of you waiting for gift cards, Dell is very slow on sending them. Make sure you expect AT LEAST 20 days from the date the item was shipped for the gift card to be issued. Occasionally they have issued them faster, but 20 days from ship date is usually the minimum.
Amazingly enough I've gotten some only 7 days after the shipping date :D/

For those of you waiting for gift cards, Dell is very slow on sending them. Make sure you expect AT LEAST 20 days from the date the item was shipped for the gift card to be issued. Occasionally they have issued them faster, but 20 days from ship date is usually the minimum.
They even say 20 days I believe on all of them (as in that must be a policy of sorts), and in my experience when they say 20 day minimum they really mean 20 days MINIMUM - but normally it comes around 20-22 days after shipment.

I did have to contact them once to actually receive my card, but on another occasion they mistakenly sent me 3x gift cards when they were only supposed to send 1. So it's all good I guess.

The problem with dell it seems, it's become an issue on what to use the promo card on. Their selection keeps getting slimmer and slimmer. I wouldn't know what to do with $100 from them. $25 I can handle.

So finally looking to take the Xbox One plunge (The Witcher finally forced me to).

Normally I can go anywhere and get the system and 2 digital games (Halo or AC) for $350

But this deal makes you pay an extra $30 up front to get $100 later.  So its a NET $70, which I can use to buy The Witcher.

So in conclusion (correct me if I'm wrong)

DELL:  Xbox One (Halo/SoD/KI) & Witcher for $380  (FREE SHIPPING & assuming no tax?)

Target/Gamestop/Amazon/BB:  Xbox One (Halo OR AC) & Witcher for $435 (no shipping but tax included)

So if I don't have a bug up my rear to get this IMMEDIATELY and don't mind waiting a few weeks, I can save $55

wow dell sucks my gift card was expiring yesterday so i placed a order for a bunch of $25 xbox gift cards and they charged me tax for them...so i had to order one less to compensate for it.  Once the order went through and i got my confirmation this morning tax is no longer applied and it shows a lower total amount but my gift card is no longer valid (expired) so i lost that amount on it...

Just woke up to this lovely email about my The Witcher Pre-Order:

"We are sorry to let you know that there is a delay with your order. We are working to resolve this issue and get your order to you as soon as possible.

Based on the latest available information your order is now projected to reach you on or before 5/27/2015"

Between them changing the deal to $15 instead of $25 GC,  order cancellations (yep, they did cancel one of my preorders out of the blue for "fraud", and later called saying it was cancelled in error and i lost the deal) and now this bullshit, i`d advise all you guys to stay away from dell for your gaming purchases  fuck

Dell seems shady, I really doubt I'll buy from them again (though if it's a good deal I will probably do it anyway). I bought the PS4 with $100 promo gift card, waited 20 days, nothing. Contacted Dell support, the guy said he put in a request to the gift card department that day and I should get it in 3-5 days (this way May 13th). I wait 5 days, nothing again. Contact Dell yesterday (the 18th) and tell them what happened. They say that a request was already put in to the GC department on the 16th, 3 days after my first conversation. I am annoyed but try to keep my cool. I'm told that I should get my GC in 1-2 days. I ask for compensation for the delay and am told I will get a $15 coupon in 5-7 days. I doubt I'll get that in 5-7 days but I am going to raise hell until I get everything I've been promised.

I'm also probably going to report them to the Better Business Bureau for all this. I doubt it will do anything since 49 of the last 50 reports to them were negative and 0/50 of the reports would recommend Dell, but Dell still has a 4+ star out of 5 rating but it will make me feel better.

Dell promos have been awesome for me.  I'm sad they dropped to $15 eGift cards, otherwise I would still be in.  I have 2 left, but just price matched Monster Hunter 4 to Amazon at $30 and got it for $7.04 after tax and free 2 day shipping.  I still have one left to use, not sure what I want to use it on.

Now I need to figure out how much I actually spent overall at Dell and what I got...

$40 Forza Horizon 2
$40 Sunset Overdrive
Both with $25 gift cards.
Majora's Mask 3DS - $15
Mario Party 10 - $25
Monster Hunter 4 - $5

$125 for $200 in games.
and one more $25 card to go. Not bad.

Dell seems shady, I really doubt I'll buy from them again (though if it's a good deal I will probably do it anyway). I bought the PS4 with $100 promo gift card, waited 20 days, nothing. Contacted Dell support, the guy said he put in a request to the gift card department that day and I should get it in 3-5 days (this way May 13th). I wait 5 days, nothing again. Contact Dell yesterday (the 18th) and tell them what happened. They say that a request was already put in to the GC department on the 16th, 3 days after my first conversation. I am annoyed but try to keep my cool. I'm told that I should get my GC in 1-2 days. I ask for compensation for the delay and am told I will get a $15 coupon in 5-7 days. I doubt I'll get that in 5-7 days but I am going to raise hell until I get everything I've been promised.

I'm also probably going to report them to the Better Business Bureau for all this. I doubt it will do anything since 49 of the last 50 reports to them were negative and 0/50 of the reports would recommend Dell, but Dell still has a 4+ star out of 5 rating but it will make me feel better.
Dell is not shady. They just have a poor website, poor internal systems, and poor (or very spotty) customer service. It's not an excuse by any means, though. Also, as mentioned by many people here, you are probably jumping the gun if you are contacting Dell right at 20 days. You might even be delaying your own gift card by having them look into it. Of course, several people here have mentioned getting extra gift cards when they complained, so maybe it will work out even better for you.

wow dell sucks my gift card was expiring yesterday so i placed a order for a bunch of $25 xbox gift cards and they charged me tax for them...so i had to order one less to compensate for it. Once the order went through and i got my confirmation this morning tax is no longer applied and it shows a lower total amount but my gift card is no longer valid (expired) so i lost that amount on it...
So what happens if the gift card expires AFTER you placed an order - are you saying it won't go through?

I think Sears/KMART is the only other retailer I know that works like that - if promotion/coupon expires when an order is "in processing", even if the delay is egregious or entirely their fault, it can screw up your order and you might get overcharged.

Dell is not shady. They just have a poor website, poor internal systems, and poor (or very spotty) customer service. It's not an excuse by any means, though. Also, as mentioned by many people here, you are probably jumping the gun if you are contacting Dell right at 20 days. You might even be delaying your own gift card by having them look into it. Of course, several people here have mentioned getting extra gift cards when they complained, so maybe it will work out even better for you.
Yeah. Dell is hardly a "shady" business. We aren't talking about some marketplace seller or Rakuten here. We are talking a major PC manufacturer/seller. Of course the concensus of people writing to BBB are going to be negative, that means nothing. Does anybody bother writing to better business bureau to send in glowing POSITIVE reviews? :wall:

With how the deals on new games have gone downhill the last few years, we're actually lucky Dell make their half-assed attempt to sell games. I honestly don't even know why they bother, but they've had by far the best new/pre-order prices on all the games where they've had the $25 GC in place. I'm willing to put up with a few issues and the 20+ days to get that $25. But if they are really reducing gift cards to $15 they might be dead to me. $25 is kind of what was needed for me to bother with their limited website in the 1st place - and even then I only did it a handful of times when I *HAD* to have the game day 1. Otherwise I usually just wait awhile for prices to drop.

this is bs. i need to get off this coupon train. how do one go from $25 gift cert to $15 gift certs.
You can just use it on flash memory or some cheaper game to get off the coupon train (or price match to something Amazon has for about $20). Unfortunately Dell's limited offerings might not make the easy for everyone.

So what happens if the gift card expires AFTER you placed an order - are you saying it won't go through?

I think Sears/KMART is the only other retailer I know that works like that - if promotion/coupon expires when an order is "in processing", even if the delay is egregious or entirely their fault, it can screw up your order and you might get overcharged.
As long as you place the order by the expiration date, there shouldn't be a problem. You're right about Sears/Kmart. They have a horrible process/policy regarding using rewards/promo credit for pre-orders.

Yeah. Dell is hardly a "shady" business. We aren't talking about some marketplace seller or Rakuten here. We are talking a major PC manufacturer/seller. Of course the concensus of people writing to BBB are going to be negative, that means nothing. Does anybody bother writing to better business bureau to send in glowing POSITIVE reviews? :wall:

With how the deals on new games have gone downhill the last few years, we're actually lucky Dell make their half-assed attempt to sell games. I honestly don't even know why they bother, but they've had by far the best new/pre-order prices on all the games where they've had the $25 GC in place. I'm willing to put up with a few issues and the 20+ days to get that $25. But if they are really reducing gift cards to $15 they might be dead to me. $25 is kind of what was needed for me to bother with their limited website in the 1st place - and even then I only did it a handful of times when I *HAD* to have the game day 1. Otherwise I usually just wait awhile for prices to drop.
There's really little to no incentive for anyone using Dell for the pre-orders if the games stay at a $15 GC. Even $25 was questionable for the potential hassles involved. Best Buy GCU is obviously the best option for pre-orders, but other retailers are often offering something close to what Dell offers with fewer hassles. Dell is still worthwhile to consider for other promos with higher GC amounts like their TV deals or the current Xbox One console deal.

Btw, just a tip for those that don't already know about it. While the drop to $15 sucks, and I'll definitely be using Dell less now, I did decide to pick up The Witcher with both an old $25 card as well as an additional one I bought for only $20 via Raise.com (referral link if you want it). Just a tiny bit of extra savings, but enough to be worthwhile for me. You can also sell yours there if you don't find anything you want. I might end up doing that eventually.

I don't know if Xbox gift cards expire, but wouldn't be surprised. I recommend asking in the Xbox Live forum since they will likely know pretty easily.

This may be the only thing that makes being stuck waiting for my promo gift worth it.

But they really need to reword some stuff on their site if they go by shipping invoice date instead of order invoice. Plus it took them 10 days just to ship my PS4, so I have to wait 30 days from my original order date. Five years ago their site was much more navigable and their service was much better.

got off the dell gc train. PM Bloodborne PS4 for $40-25=$15. (may not be the best deal b/c the bby glitch).  

I also got off the GC train by PMing Amazon's $29.99 price for Monster Hunter 4 on Friday, paying ~$6 after the $25 e-GC. However, I received the game in the mail yesterday and it looks like the case is slightly broken despite the game still looking sealed. Should I contact Dell via chat in the hopes of receiving compensation or should I just let it go?

Finally got my promo GC for my PS4, a whopping 33 days after my original purchase.

Sucks that for price matching you have to do it one item at a time. I PMed Bloodborne yesterday. I should have time during my lunch break to PM Dark Souls 2 SotFS for PS4 today. Then I should have enough left over for a controller charging station. So in the end the PS4 deal was worth it, but it sure has been a test of patience.

Ugh Dell is shady as hell.  So I ordered the PS4 bundle back on April 22nd.  Thought it was odd that the $100 gift card, which was visible through out the purchase process, never showed up on my purchase email/final screen but figured it may be a separate thing since it's shipped well after the return date to cover them from people flipping.  Took them forever to ship the actual bundle so much so that I had to call them to get on it (shipped the 30th, received the 5th).

As of this morning, no email yet for the gift card.  Call them up today.  Guy tells me that there isn't a gift card attached to the order, and how much was the gift card for?  I tell him $100 and that it was a part of the promotion.  He says that he'll send it in 3-5 days, but man if it doesn't make me feel like I'm the one at fault when CLEARLY the bundle was advertised with the gift card.  Reading up here and at the dead slick deals page for the same deal,  looks like its a crapshoot of who gets what.  Some getting bonus gift cards for the delay, one person getting a ps4 controller for the delay, and others getting denied the card because they ordered after the 23rd.  Cant wait to spend that gift card and then never buy anything from them again.  IF I get that gift card.   

Ugh Dell is shady as hell. So I ordered the PS4 bundle back on April 22nd. Thought it was odd that the $100 gift card, which was visible through out the purchase process, never showed up on my purchase email/final screen but figured it may be a separate thing since it's shipped well after the return date to cover them from people flipping. Took them forever to ship the actual bundle so much so that I had to call them to get on it (shipped the 30th, received the 5th).

As of this morning, no email yet for the gift card. Call them up today. Guy tells me that there isn't a gift card attached to the order, and how much was the gift card for? I tell him $100 and that it was a part of the promotion. He says that he'll send it in 3-5 days, but man if it doesn't make me feel like I'm the one at fault when CLEARLY the bundle was advertised with the gift card. Reading up here and at the dead slick deals page for the same deal, looks like its a crapshoot of who gets what. Some getting bonus gift cards for the delay, one person getting a ps4 controller for the delay, and others getting denied the card because they ordered after the 23rd. Cant wait to spend that gift card and then never buy anything from them again. IF I get that gift card.
I didn't get the $25 gift cards from my Dualshock 4's that I ordered. The promo was the same time as the one you're mentioning. I emailed customer service not expecting much, but didn't want to chat or stay on the phone at the time. After a day or two I got a response that they were looking into it and then got the gift cards a day or two later. The gift cards never show up at final checkout or anywhere else, so it always seems shady or weird, but Dell has never failed me yet (with the minor exception of the hiccup I just mentioned).

I think I'm going to end up getting Bayonetta 2 with my last $25 GC.  Price matched to Amazon it will come out at $20 for me...not bad for 2 games.

I think I'm going to end up getting Bayonetta 2 with my last $25 GC. Price matched to Amazon it will come out at $20 for me...not bad for 2 games.
Yeah, we need to put together a list of games that can be PM'ed at DELL; I have 2 $25 GCs that will expire in a bit. I am trying to find stuff to buy without money outta pocket. I'll share if I find something.

Yeah, we need to put together a list of games that can be PM'ed at DELL; I have 2 $25 GCs that will expire in a bit. I am trying to find stuff to buy without money outta pocket. I'll share if I find something.
the difficulty in this is that Dell only carry a limited number of games.

Also, today's the last to match Bloodborne @ BBY.

Probably won't jump back on the dell gc train anytime soon unless the $25 comes back. 

Anyways, spent $55 pre-tax and got Majora's Mask, Dual Shock 4, and Bloodborne. Not too bad, I guess.  

Ugh Dell is shady as hell. So I ordered the PS4 bundle back on April 22nd. Thought it was odd that the $100 gift card, which was visible through out the purchase process, never showed up on my purchase email/final screen but figured it may be a separate thing since it's shipped well after the return date to cover them from people flipping. Took them forever to ship the actual bundle so much so that I had to call them to get on it (shipped the 30th, received the 5th).

As of this morning, no email yet for the gift card. Call them up today. Guy tells me that there isn't a gift card attached to the order, and how much was the gift card for? I tell him $100 and that it was a part of the promotion. He says that he'll send it in 3-5 days, but man if it doesn't make me feel like I'm the one at fault when CLEARLY the bundle was advertised with the gift card. Reading up here and at the dead slick deals page for the same deal, looks like its a crapshoot of who gets what. Some getting bonus gift cards for the delay, one person getting a ps4 controller for the delay, and others getting denied the card because they ordered after the 23rd. Cant wait to spend that gift card and then never buy anything from them again. IF I get that gift card.
Dell is the worst! I had terrible experiences with them. Gave up on them. Not buying anything Dell no matter how good a deal it is.

they finally sent me this morning the $25 promo GCs from the dual shock deal
I emailed them last week asking about my missing GC's (two of them) and got them within the next day or so (they were very quick and responsive). Today, I got two more. Wanting to be honest, I emailed the person helping me and he basically said he was glad I was happy with the service. So, essentially, I got two Dualshock 4's for free.

Dell may have some weird quirks and problems, but there are some positives to say about them too.

Dell is on my blacklist for sure. And now I find out they're not even doing $25 credits anymore? Yeah, that'll get more people on board. Morons.

Yeah, contacting support worked for me, but I didn't get my $100 GC until 33 days after I placed my original order. Certainly feels like a "if they don't ask for it, we won't give it to them" situation. I PMed a couple games last week and have about $25 of GC left. I'm watching for a good deal to use them on, otherwise I'll just get a controller charging station. But after that, I'm done with Dell until I hear better things.

I emailed them last week asking about my missing GC's (two of them) and got them within the next day or so (they were very quick and responsive). Today, I got two more. Wanting to be honest, I emailed the person helping me and he basically said he was glad I was happy with the service. So, essentially, I got two Dualshock 4's for free.

Dell may have some weird quirks and problems, but there are some positives to say about them too.
yea, weird. i also didn't get my dualshock 4 $25 egc and had to chat with them to get a case open(2wks ago) and got the $25 the next day, but today, got another $25egc.

oh well, that only mean i paid $30 for majora's mask, bloodborne, and DS4.

they finally sent me this morning the $25 promo GCs from the dual shock deal
Same here, and I ordered that back in late April, then the product got shipped in mid May with constant messages about something about shipping problems and FCC and whatever. At least I now have it but it took way longer than it should have.

Didn't somebody say there was a way to use up to five gift cards online in one order? When I use the mobile site, I only see the option to split between 3 payments. I don't see an app for website purchases either.

Didn't somebody say there was a way to use up to five gift cards online in one order? When I use the mobile site, I only see the option to split between 3 payments. I don't see an app for website purchases either.
I don't believe so. Pretty sure the max has always been 3, unless it changed very recently. And even to use 3, you need to use the mobile site, chat, or call in.

I didn't get the $15 GC from Witcher yet but I got a $6 promo code from them, anyone else got it? I might actually get Arkham Knight now, only reason I wanted it was Harley but Dell doesn't have the bonus.

New GC Deals apparently added today:

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - PS4 for $39.99 with $15 eGift Card (NOTE YOU SHOULD USE CAUTION SINCE THE GC DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE CART YET)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A8369354

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - PS3 for $39.99 with $15 eGift Card (NOTE YOU SHOULD USE CAUTION SINCE THE GC DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE CART YET)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A8369353

FYI, Heavensward is only $40 which makes the $15 GC a little more enticing.

Has anybody preordered two copies of a title with different platforms and still gotten the bonus for each order?  I'm thinking about preordering the PS4 and Xbone copy of Batman in separate orders and wondering if I'll get two $15 gift cards?  TIA

Has anybody preordered two copies of a title with different platforms and still gotten the bonus for each order? I'm thinking about preordering the PS4 and Xbone copy of Batman in separate orders and wondering if I'll get two $15 gift cards? TIA
late response for batman, but should be usefull for next pre-orders: i did this for Mortal Kombat X and got two $15 GCs. By the way, my batman pre-orders did not ship yet :/

bread's done
Back