Dell Promo Deals (now Wiki)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Promo Deals Page:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Deals Currently Active (use promo link above to see all listings):

NOTE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR SOME TITLES

$25 Gift Card with free shipping:

FIFA 17

NHL 17

Final Fantasy XV

Battlefield 1

Kingdom Hearts III

Forza Horizon 3

Dead Rising 4

Halo Wars 2

Madden NFL 17

Gears of War 4

Skylanders Imaginators

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Dishonored 2

Gran Turismo Sport

Days Gone

Death Stranding

Detroit: Become Human

God of War PS4

Prey

Spiderman PS4

Injustice 2

NBA 2k17 

Horizon Zero Dawn 

The Last Guardian

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

$15 Gift Card with free shipping:

F1 2016

PES 2017

Dragon Quest Builders

MGS V Definitive

Ride 2

Agents of Mayhem

Recore

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition

World of Warcraft Legion

XCOM 2

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Skyrim Special Edition

Batman: Return to Arkham

Gravity Rush 2

Nier Automata

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Star Ocean

World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

Hitman

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

$10 Gift Card with free shipping:

None currently

Gift Card Notes:  Please remember that eGift cards take about 20 days to be issued after the item ships and usually expire within about 90 days of issuance.  You should wait AT LEAST 20 days from the ship date before contacting Dell for missing cards.  Also, keep in mind that you may receive smaller gift cards (usually 5% of your order total) for the Dell Advantage Rewards program which is in addition to their advertised $15 or $25 gift cards.  Don't assume Dell is not giving you the full gift card amount simply because you receive a Dell Advantage Rewards gift card.  These are issued earlier than the promo gift cards.

Screenshots of website showing gift card amounts, etc. (provided in case you are having trouble receiving gift cards):

Yoshi's Wooly World

http://s16.postimg.o...l/yoshidell.jpg

Zelda Tri-force Heroes

http://s24.postimg.o.../zeldadell2.jpg

Dishonored: DE

http://imgur.com/Ygd6yus

WWE 2K16

http://i.imgur.com/Znzb410.png

CoD BO3

http://i.imgur.com/nyk3KLS.png

Fallout 4

http://i.imgur.com/KYPBKap.png

Shipping: Shipping is usually release date or the day after, but Dell can be hit or miss with shipping speed, so be warned if that is important to you.  DON'T trust release date delivery even if advertised.  Expect to receive most items within 1-3 days after release date.

DEAD DEALS:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a Dell chat and they will get back to me when they check with the gift card department.

Uploaded my screen shot showing both the $25 and $15 in the chat session so now will wait and see.

Wooly World was delivered last week so it looks it will be the same mess for that one and then TriFoce Heroes as well when that arrives.

Good job Dell.

Don't know why anyone is surprised we gave plenty of warning this would turn into a clusterfuck.
Yeah knew full well and took screenshots.....

I like Dell challenges and have come out on top on pretty much every deal I took part in since the early 2000's. The best being the fully loaded PC for $169 in 2003 :D/

Let's keep the streak going!!!!

I just gave up on my first attempt at Dell shenanigans and am returning everything.  First they cancelled my Zelda order.  Then the $25 GCs showed up but no $15.  Called about $15 and the idiot CSR just keeps explaining the 5% Dell Advantage cashback thing.  Then he finally says he will ask some team to investigate the $15 but that will take a week and no guarantee.  I don't have time to be constantly following up with them, sending screenshots, etc.  I just asked them to process a return for everything which will probably cost them more to do than the $15 GCs that are missing, but hey, I don't run their business. 

I just gave up on my first attempt at Dell shenanigans and am returning everything. First they cancelled my Zelda order. Then the $25 GCs showed up but no $15. Called about $15 and the idiot CSR just keeps explaining the 5% Dell Advantage cashback thing. Then he finally says he will ask some team to investigate the $15 but that will take a week and no guarantee. I don't have time to be constantly following up with them, sending screenshots, etc. I just asked them to process a return for everything which will probably cost them more to do than the $15 GCs that are missing, but hey, I don't run their business.
Why not use Dell's chat? That tends to have more positive results.

I asked earlier, but didn't get a response. How do you all know the $25 is from Chibi Robo vs Woolly world, etc?
To figure out which order your gift card comes from, you should refer to the "Reference ID" in the email. The ref ID is basically the order # for the associated preorder that qualified you for your gift card.

The $15 gift cards won't be sent out I'm pretty sure. The offers were stacking as a glitch so it stands to reason that they already fulfilled their gift card orders like the $25 chibi ones. The $15 are going to require CS to comp you if you want to argue it. Remember it only cost $30 from Dell so getting a $25 gift card is making me lean on just leaving it alone.

My NBA 2K16 gift card came in so I'm all caught up (Dell Advantage $3 promos are still pending though). Used them towards Halo 5 on the mobile site. Had to manually select the next business day shipping option since the 2 day option comes up as a default. Kind of annoying but still a great deal.

To figure out which order your gift card comes from, you should refer to the "Reference ID" in the email. The ref ID is basically the order # for the associated preorder that qualified you for your gift card.

The $15 gift cards won't be sent out I'm pretty sure. The offers were stacking as a glitch so it stands to reason that they already fulfilled their gift card orders like the $25 chibi ones. The $15 are going to require CS to comp you if you want to argue it. Remember it only cost $30 from Dell so getting a $25 gift card is making me lean on just leaving it alone.

My NBA 2K16 gift card came in so I'm all caught up (Dell Advantage $3 promos are still pending though). Used them towards Halo 5 on the mobile site. Had to manually select the next business day shipping option since the 2 day option comes up as a default. Kind of annoying but still a great deal.
I'm still going to give it a shot once the 25 days are up since I don't really have anything to lose by trying.

I just gave up on my first attempt at Dell shenanigans and am returning everything. First they cancelled my Zelda order. Then the $25 GCs showed up but no $15. Called about $15 and the idiot CSR just keeps explaining the 5% Dell Advantage cashback thing. Then he finally says he will ask some team to investigate the $15 but that will take a week and no guarantee. I don't have time to be constantly following up with them, sending screenshots, etc. I just asked them to process a return for everything which will probably cost them more to do than the $15 GCs that are missing, but hey, I don't run their business.
I understand being upset with delayed or canceled orders, but I think referring to missing $15 GC's as "shenanigans" is a bit unfair. The concept of getting two gift cards was clearly an error and everyone knew it. You said you got the larger of the two gift cards that showed in the cart. Whether Dell should honor their mistake and provide the second GC is up for debate, but everyone knew going in that there was a good chance it would be a hassle to follow up on the second gift card and get them to honor it. Given that the second gift card made some items "free" or close to it, expectations for how this would turn out should have been tempered.

I understand being upset with delayed or canceled orders, but I think referring to missing $15 GC's as "shenanigans" is a bit unfair. The concept of getting two gift cards was clearly an error and everyone knew it. You said you got the larger of the two gift cards that showed in the cart. Whether Dell should honor their mistake and provide the second GC is up for debate, but everyone knew going in that there was a good chance it would be a hassle to follow up on the second gift card and get them to honor it. Given that the second gift card made some items "free" or close to it, expectations for how this would turn out should have been tempered.
Ummm, yeah, if you advertise something on a website and I purchase it I expect you to deliver it and if you don't it's shenanigans. Either honor what you sold or fix your website to not sell things you don't want to sell. Dude, you're whiteknighting Dell!

I don't know why so many of you are freaking out.  It can take up to 20 days to receive the gift cards.  It hasn't been 20 days yet.  There is no guarantee that you will receive all of them on the same day. I received my $25 one for chibi robo, but I haven't received the rewards one or the $15 one.  Looking at past orders I have not always received the reward card on the same day as the other one.  Has anyone received the advantage reward gift card for chibi robo?  If I remember correctly you had to be a rewards member to get the $15 gift card.  Perhaps they will come together.

Don't get me wrong it is certainly possible there will be issues, but it is too early to be stressing out about this.

Ummm, yeah, if you advertise something on a website and I purchase it I expect you to deliver it and if you don't it's shenanigans. Either honor what you sold or fix your website to not sell things you don't want to sell. Dude, you're whiteknighting Dell!
They didn't advertise two gift cards on their site. The site sale page only showed the $25. The only time you could see two cards was in the cart. I'm not saying they shouldn't honor it, but it's not like they deceived everyone by advertising $40 in gift cards. It was clearly a mistake that multiple people in this and other threads discussed as not likely to be honored or at least a pain to get honored.

I'm not "white knighting" Dell. I just think people should be reasonable. When you pre-order a $40 game and then expect to get $40 worth of gift cards without significant hassle, it's seems unreasonable.

That being said, yes, Dell definitely needs to clean up their website functionality. It's pretty embarrassing for a tech company.

Triforce Heroes getting pretty meh reviews too so far, I wish I hadn't ordered it. You can't even cancel an order online, either.
mine shipped but sending it right back already opened up a dispute with paypal saying they would not allow me to cancel or and force me to accept it

writing RETURN TO SENDER on it Been on chat and phone for an hour and still on hold Screw dell

fuck  dell     been on the phone for 90 mins and chat for 2 hours still 14   on chat   to return the piece of shit  stuff.

Paypal told me to chuck the crap and dispute lol

How to Return a Product: Before returning a product, you MUST first contact Dell customer service and obtain a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) number before the end of the applicable return period. Dell will not accept returns without a CRA number. To find the appropriate phone number or to send an email to customer service to request a CRA number, go to Dell.com/contact or see the "Contacting Dell" or "Getting Help" section of your customer documentation. To initiate a return online, please click here. NOTE: You must ship the product to Dell within 5 days of the date that Dell issues the Credit Return Authorization number and MUST follow these steps:

fuck dell been on the phone for 90 mins and chat for 2 hours still 14 on chat to return the piece of shit stuff.

Paypal told me to chuck the crap and dispute lol

How to Return a Product: Before returning a product, you MUST first contact Dell customer service and obtain a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) number before the end of the applicable return period. Dell will not accept returns without a CRA number. To find the appropriate phone number or to send an email to customer service to request a CRA number, go to Dell.com/contact or see the "Contacting Dell" or "Getting Help" section of your customer documentation. To initiate a return online, please click here. NOTE: You must ship the product to Dell within 5 days of the date that Dell issues the Credit Return Authorization number and MUST follow these steps:
I don't understand what's going on. Are you trying to cancel the order because the game got bad reviews? Why would you be filing a complaint with Paypal anyway? If Dell has already shipped it, just wait for it to arrive and then contact them for the return. Or just refuse shipment like you mentioned. It seems like you're going out of your way to make it more difficult on both yourself and Dell. Maybe i'm misunderstanding what's going on.

Also, I've never waited on hold or chat for Dell for more than a few minutes, but I mostly contact them in the mornings when I have.

mine shipped but sending it right back already opened up a dispute with paypal saying they would not allow me to cancel or and force me to accept it

writing RETURN TO SENDER on it Been on chat and phone for an hour and still on hold Screw dell
The chat for Returns will be a 3hr wait while the chat for purchase assistant is like 2-3 minute tops. Absolutely BS practice. The people on sales chat are unable to do returns, etc.. I tried to return a broken (DOA) charger and just gave up. Was not going to wait 3 hrs for something that cost $15.

I don't understand what's going on. Are you trying to cancel the order because the game got bad reviews? Why would you be filing a complaint with Paypal anyway? If Dell has already shipped it, just wait for it to arrive and then contact them for the return. Or just refuse shipment like you mentioned. It seems like you're going out of your way to make it more difficult on both yourself and Dell. Maybe i'm misunderstanding what's going on.

Also, I've never waited on hold or chat for Dell for more than a few minutes, but I mostly contact them in the mornings when I have.

how i understand it if you refuse shippment Dell will not take it back meaning who knows where the game will end up at.. Says Dell will not take any returns without the return number. I really dont give a rats ass about a company that keeps you on hold for up to 2 hours on chat and then when your number 1 they go

WE ARE CLOSED PLEASE TRY BACK LATER

or

MY SYSTEM JUST CRASHED I CAN NOT HELP YOU

like i said screw del. i tried to cancel for days online it and it would not allow it. keep saying contact support what is a joke

how i understand it if you refuse shippment Dell will not take it back meaning who knows where the game will end up at.. Says Dell will not take any returns without the return number. I really dont give a rats ass about a company that keeps you on hold for up to 2 hours on chat and then when your number 1 they go

WE ARE CLOSED PLEASE TRY BACK LATER

or

MY SYSTEM JUST CRASHED I CAN NOT HELP YOU

like i said screw del. i tried to cancel for days online it and it would not allow it. keep saying contact support what is a joke
I've been absent from these forums for about a week, I find it really absurd all the trouble your putting yourself through for this return. Look man, just sell the game to gamestop and run with that gift card dell gave you, take a deep breath, it's not that bad. Returning stuff to dell is a headache but honestly you bought a $40 game and it really doesn't need to escalate to this level.

Also read this, they will charge you. Like I said, trade it in, buy a gas card and use that gift card. I got 3 free zeldas from dell, not understanding your fuss

Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, Dell may charge a restocking fee of up to 15% of the purchase price paid, plus any applicable sales tax.

Who's giving Triforce Heroes bad reviews?   I checked a bit and didn't see anything horrible.  Not that I want to return it or anything, just curious what the complaints are.

Who's giving Triforce Heroes bad reviews? I checked a bit and didn't see anything horrible. Not that I want to return it or anything, just curious what the complaints are.
It's not a cookie cutter Zelda game, so clearly this is a crime against nature, the lore and baby jesus.

That's about where I am on this too. I got the $25 Chibi Robo GC and that's enough for me. The $15 one in addition would literally mean they were giving me the game for free + $10 in credit. A $5 game is good enough for me.

well log into chat at 8am   197th in line  ... i just let paypal  fix the problems 

lucky was home when they showed up so i refuse the package.. Really dont care if dell gets it back or not ... not waiting for a return number

I received my Triforce today and it also appears that I've received my $25 gift card today as well. Anyone else get theirs? It's surprising as I didn't think it would appear so soon. 

edit: Actually, I think that $25 card I got was from Yoshi's Woolly World 

Am I unable to use an e-gift card and pay the rest with Paypal? It's only letting me select a credit card after I redeem my promo e-gc.

They fucking shipped my games in paper thin plastic like a garbage bag. No bubble mailer.
Same here, Dell just fails is so many ways.

Good news is Dell support just emailed me a $15 coupon for my inquiry for Chi Chi Robot earlier in the week

Bad news is I just received the $25 email gift card for Wooly World with of course no $15 so I get to do Dell chat all over again on Monday morning. Then again for two Triforce Heroes in next week or two.

Its weird because i know overnight fedex isn't free so if you spending money to ship it correctly why not use a proper package. Also I got $25 for woolly world today too but does that mean the $15 won't come? Since i think one was for all people promo and the other was if you joined their membership i assume 2 different emails? 

Am I unable to use an e-gift card and pay the rest with Paypal? It's only letting me select a credit card after I redeem my promo e-gc.
Agent (TIP_Katherine L): "Unfortunately, gift cards can't be combined with PayPal as payment method. That's why you only have an option to add a credit/debit card, another gift card or your Dell Preferred Account."

Its weird because i know overnight fedex isn't free so if you spending money to ship it correctly why not use a proper package. Also I got $25 for woolly world today too but does that mean the $15 won't come? Since i think one was for all people promo and the other was if you joined their membership i assume 2 different emails?
I did join the membership to get the extra $15 gift card to show in my cart in conjunction with the $25 promo gift card for the Nintendo game orders I placed that day.

Nothing came separately for the Chi Chi Robot and I highly doubt it will come separately for Wooly World or Tirforce Heroes.

We just have to deal with Dell chat, paypal or file with your credit card to get it honored.

I just got my $25 GC from Yoshi's Wooly World. Didn't expect anything from that glitch but I'll still take it. I recall that Wooly World originally came with $15 (and an additional $25 from the glitch). So I got the better of the two. Dell's CS on chat kind of sucks and they're slow but as far as getting these GCs (IMO) they are great. I'm getting them a lot faster than 20 days. Mario Maker's GC came in 14 days and now Wooly World in 7 days. 

I'm going to ask them if i should expect it . Or ask for an RMA. Still sealed and really i rather have waited to buy it on sale with GCU then get a dell giftcard. Its not valuable imo. 

yeah I also just received my WW $25 GC. I'll chat Monday, def made sure to screenshot at purchase. hopefully Triforce GC(s) come thru in time to preorder SW Battlefront and get a $25 GC on that too.

Good news is Dell support just emailed me a $15 coupon for my inquiry for Chi Chi Robot earlier in the week
That's good to hear, hopefully some of us still waiting will get the same news... even if we have to do it x3 times once for each game :wall:

I ordered Yoshi and Zelda and got a $25 gift card today.  I'm assuming its for Yoshi even though I got notice Zelda shipped already.  Still haven't gotten the $15 gift card, but I'll wait the 20 days before contacting Dell.  Also got a survey, but I'm not doing that until the transaction is completely done.

I always check these threads to remind myself the dell discount isn't worth the headache. It's like Kmart all over again.

I always check these threads to remind myself the dell discount isn't worth the headache. It's like Kmart all over again.
Maybe I'm lucky then because I'm not encountering these issues. My GCs arrive on time (faster actually) and I get my pre-orders on release day. Of course I've only bought two games from Dell so far (Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World).

Traded in my triforce heroes to gamestop today, each one had a $30 base, bought those with $25 gift cards paired with the $3 advantage rewards. $15 out of pocket costs for each.

So I paid $30 for two copies that traded in $30 a piece plus the gift cards that come with it..... BOOM

Dell has been great recently. Overnight delivery for Mario Maker, Yoshi, and Triforce Heroes, got all 3 on Friday release day.

Received the $15 gift card for Mario Maker a week after release. Still waiting for Yoshi and Triforce Heroes giftcards tho, and expecting $15 + $25 for each one. Hopefully they'll come through, I've been rolling these dell cards since Mario Kart 8. This is the first time tho that there's supposed to be a $15 + $25.

Oh yeah, and I'm upset about their shipping in a plastic bag too. Don't care so much for Yoshi and Triforce Heroes because they are fine, but with Mario Maker I like my boxes in mint condition. First chat I had after receiving a messed up Mario Maker box the guy said they would make sure to ship it in a box. Received it a few days later in a plastic bag again and damaged. Chatted again for another replacement and this time was told that the packing is not done by Dell but straight from the manufacturer... I don't think these reps know what they are talking about. My 3rd box of course was damaged too in a plastic bag. Sick of trying with them, so I'll probably end up buying it at target or something and then just returned the one with bent edges box back to Target since I can't get a decent one sent from Dell.

bread's done
Back