Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition - ~$50-$60

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Demons-Souls/~r420148/

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Demons-Souls-Black-Phantom-Edition/DEMONSOULSPS3/product.htm

http://hmventertainment.at/cheapyd?...oductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=138359

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/demon-s-souls-black-phantom-edition/10089364.html - Use coupon code APRIL2

Prices vary per store. Read the thread for info concerning opinions of each and such.

Thanks everyone for the extra links and store reccomendations!

Great price for those that missed out on the US Deluxe Edition

Demon%27s-Souls-Black-Phantom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='z3razerviper']Just got my copy and the guide is not a hard cover. ITS PAPERBACK!!![/QUOTE]

Called the "Black Phantom Edition," the package comes with a copy of Demon's Souls, a hardcover art book, a strategy guide and a soundtrack CD.

I think its only the art book that is supposed to be hardcover. Was your Art book hard cover?

[quote name='jacknicklson']How was the packaging though and where did you order from?

Much more interesting details[/QUOTE]

Also, where are you from, when did it ship?

I got my copy today from dvd.co.uk and they did a terrible job packing it. It came wrapped in this soft-cardboard like wrap. The package was crushed and all corners are kinda smashed in...

Never buying from them again.

i really should have ripped off my cover and got a 2nd guide when they were offering it for free/replacement but i didn't know what i would do with 2 guides. i should have kept one for using and encased the other in carbonite for future generations...;)

[quote name='Velo214']i really should have ripped off my cover and got a 2nd guide when they were offering it for free/replacement but i didn't know what i would do with 2 guides. i should have kept one for using and encased the other in carbonite for future generations...;)[/QUOTE]

Just be sure not to lick your finger when you're flipping through the guide or it might disintegrate faster ;)

On the topic of the new guide though, that's rather disappointing. Any impressions on the guide or artbook from someone who is familiar with the original deluxe edition? I read that the artbook is supposed to be new, is it more substantial than the US version?

Also, anyone who has received the game and hopped online ... are you experiencing any lag or other issues?

Ordered from dvd.co.uk

Order Details:
Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition (PS3) (x1) , £31.45 + £3.99 shipping

Strange because it states 36.95 before shipping...oh well I'll share my experience if/when it arrives. Supposedly it has already shipped. Ordered 06/27/10. Shipped 06/28/10.

[quote name='Vinny']I got my copy today from dvd.co.uk and they did a terrible job packing it. It came wrapped in this soft-cardboard like wrap. The package was crushed and all corners are kinda smashed in...

Never buying from them again.[/QUOTE]

Sucks to here that Vinny. I ordered from them also but still waiting for it to arrive.

Can anyone else who ordered from dvd.co.uk and received it already describe the type of packaging used and let us know if it was damaged or not.

I'm getting nervous now!

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Ordered from dvd.co.uk

Order Details:

Strange because it states 36.95 before shipping...oh well I'll share my experience if/when it arrives. Supposedly it has already shipped. Ordered 06/27/10. Shipped 06/28/10.[/QUOTE]
Mine was the same way when I ordered.

The price was listed as £34.59 + Free UK shipping. Then when I went to checkout, the price dropped to £30.60 + £3.99 shipping. My credit card has a charge an amount equivalent to the £34.59 price.

[quote name='Demonsoul']Sucks to here that Vinny. I ordered from them also but still waiting for it to arrive.

Can anyone else who ordered from dvd.co.uk and received it already describe the type of packaging used and let us know if it was damaged or not.

I'm getting nervous now![/QUOTE]

Mine was the same packaging but mine was not damaged

[quote name='Demonsoul']Did you receive the game yet from dvd.co.uk?[/QUOTE]
I have not received it yet - it shipped on June 25. I expect to receive it sometime in the next 5-10 days.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Mine was the same packaging but mine was not damaged[/QUOTE]

Glad yours was not damaged....that sucks that the packaging is the same though. I hope mine does not get damaged like Vinnys did.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Here's hoping that the packing job for Zavvi is better.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Zavvi and received my order today. Although I'm at work right now I can't describe the packaging as of yet, but I'll keep those who ordered from them updated.

Got to love my luck, as my Ps3 YLOD'd for the second time two days ago.

[quote name='Walt Jay']My copy from DVD.CO.UK came yesterday. It wasn't damaged thankfully, although the game disc popped out of the holder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update walt I'm glad yours was not damaged. I guess I shouldn't be too worried since only one person received it damaged so far from them (dvd.co.uk).

[quote name='Walt Jay']My copy from DVD.CO.UK came yesterday. It wasn't damaged thankfully, although the game disc popped out of the holder.[/QUOTE]

rough transit... must be one hella of a storm over the Atlantic :D

[quote name='Demonsoul']Thanks for the update walt I'm glad yours was not damaged. I guess I shouldn't be too worried since only one person received it damaged so far from them (dvd.co.uk).[/QUOTE]

Mine wasn't seriously damaged but it is easily noticeable. I definitely don't appreciate them using such crappy packaging on something that was going overseas. I ordered from Amazon UK before and they use strong cardboard packaging.

i ordered mine from dvd.co.uk, it came in a "cardboard box" (more like a cardboard envelope), the box was mostly fine with only a small bend in one corner. However, it was kinda warped slightly it seems, but that may also be due to the heat. Best of luck to everyone.

[quote name='etcrane']So for those who have received it, how are the servers? Any issues or slowdown while online?[/QUOTE]

I've had no issues with the ghosts or bloodstains. Just started so I dont have any info on invasions or co-op

Anyone else get the Zavvi orders? One CAGer in NY got his 3 days ago...

I'm in IL and haven't gotten mine yet, and there's no tracking links or anything, so it's anyone's guess where my game is. I assume it comes via USPS, though, and am looking out for it. It says simply "Dispatched" on the site in my account, yeah, not very informative.

It says to wait 10 bus. days until reporting a shipment to them, so if July 7th comes and I don't have it in my possession, I'm contacting them.

Got mine from zavvi in nj
Pretty much all edges got bumped from the bubble mailer
Don't really care unless the insides are damaged, will post when I open it

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Ordered from dvd.co.uk

Order Details:

Strange because it states 36.95 before shipping...oh well I'll share my experience if/when it arrives. Supposedly it has already shipped. Ordered 06/27/10. Shipped 06/28/10.[/QUOTE]

Got mine today. East Coast US. Did charge me the price on site not above. Came in flimsy cardboard like paper wrap. Was perfectly fine though. Nice papercut ripping it open. Haven't done that in awhile. Overall I am happy. Probably use this site again.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Only one question. On either the us or eu version can I change the voiceovers to japanese?[/QUOTE]
From a casual look over the internets, all versions (including the Asian version) have ONLY English (Scottish) voice actors, it's just the text which differs. Or at the very least, all versions have English voice as an option.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/versions

I found a standard edition down to $15 at my Best Buy the other day! I already have this seeing as I got it the day it came out, but I was saddened to see it meet such a terrible gaming fate haha

[quote name='no_exit']I have not received it yet - it shipped on June 25. I expect to receive it sometime in the next 5-10 days.[/QUOTE]
Received mine today from dvd.co.uk.

It was shipped in the thin cardboard that everyone else has mentioned. The only damage was some very minor creasing on one side of the outer box.

Received mine in California today, packaging from Zavvi was a bubble wrapper so it was a bit beat up but not terrible.

I have to say, the Deluxe Edition looks nicer than this edition. The outer packaging on the EU version is just thin cardboard where as the U.S. Deluxe edition is a nice thick slipcase. But at least I'll be opening this one, so I'm excited to check out the artbook and Strat guide.

Received mine in Vancouver today (ordered from Zavvi). Came in a bubble mailer, so not really much protection. Box was a little bent, but otherwise good condition.

Mine arrived today, too. Bubble mailer. Slight creasing/denting to outer cover. Not a big deal for me.

I have to say the two books are underwhelming. They are tiny! The artbook is mainly composed of single character shots on each page. And the strat guide is mostly text. I was hoping for more visuals/maps. Ah, well. At least it didn't cost much....

I got mine in today. The sides of the box had some creases on it, and the disc was popped out of the game case, but everything seems fine. From the brief intro I read on the strategy guide, it looks like the content may be different than the US guide. I hope playing on European servers isn't a laggy mess.

Got mine in IL from Zavvi today, not really bent or destroyed, though, slightly dented (very minor, if you're picky) on one lower corner. I've picked up games and DVD collections in stores that were more beat up for whatever reason.

[quote name='Zippon']Mine arrived today, too. Bubble mailer. Slight creasing/denting to outer cover. Not a big deal for me.

I have to say the two books are underwhelming. They are tiny! The artbook is mainly composed of single character shots on each page. And the strat guide is mostly text. I was hoping for more visuals/maps. Ah, well. At least it didn't cost much....[/QUOTE]

mostly text..hmm... :cry: told u it mostly is from demonwiki :roll:

Guys I finally got my copy! Ordered from dvd.co.uk. Unfortunately, I had the same problem as everyone else. It shipped in a weak and thin cardboard box that was touching the game box on all 6 sides with no space and no protection inside the box =(

The game box was creased on the side edge and 1 corner was slightly smashed in. Looks like zavvi wasn't too much better since they used a bubble wrap envelope.

I really wish that strategy guide had the hardcover instead of the stupid artbook. Oh well.

To those of you who own both strategy guides (UK & US) which one is better?
If the US one is better then I plan on getting that one as well.

[quote name='0dantheman0']http://www.atlus.com/spoils/d.html

Check out the guide and decide for yourself.

I got it from zavvi, bubble mailer but no damage, still haven't decided if i am going to open it since im playing the us version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link I'm checking it out now. Which strategy guide do you like better?

I haven't opened it yet. I am under the impression that the new guide is mostly text based from demonsouls.wikidot.com. So if that was the case then which is better would be a battle of form vs function. I think the US version is probably going to be nicer looking with pictures, etc while the EU version will have more up to date info and probably better information. So from a visual standpoint, the US version, but from a functional standpoint the EU.

[quote name='0dantheman0']I haven't opened it yet. I am under the impression that the new guide is mostly text based from demonsouls.wikidot.com. So if that was the case then which is better would be a battle of form vs function. I think the US version is probably going to be nicer looking with pictures, etc while the EU version will have more up to date info and probably better information. So from a visual standpoint, the US version, but from a functional standpoint the EU.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks that was a nice breakdown and make alot of sense. I guess I'll just stick with the EU version then. Plus I'm worried about the problem atlus had where the ink on the front cover of the US version keeps wearing off leaving ugly white spots.

bread's done
Back