Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

So was anyone surprised by Dead Orbit's victory??? :)

I guess my measly 78 79 packages for Future War Cult wasn't enough to hold back the tide, and now I bet there are going to be so many more Graviton Lances in Crucible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been without internet at home for the last few days so I've had to *gasp* play other games for a bit.  But that should change this afternoon.

Here is some Gambit gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSBdw668c4I

Over the weekend we maxed out the Season 3 Clan rewards.  Good job all!

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1008761665251209216

*crickets*

Did anyone else go really hard on Iron Banner last week?  I burned myself out a little bit, so I kinda wish there was an off week before the next Faction Rally.  But here we are, and here I go...

Also, I'm considering purging the clan of any member that hasn't played this year.  If you see this message and want to stay in the clan, just reply or PM.

I’m still in. I did level 50 last time to get the GL catalyst and that really burned me out. I did IB everyday just enough to get the daily reward and ended up with like 250 tokens. I pledged FWC this time but I’m not going hardcore into it this time. Right now I’m just trying to complete armor sets and add mods to them for each subclass.

I’m still in. I did level 50 last time to get the GL catalyst and that really burned me out. I did IB everyday just enough to get the daily reward and ended up with like 250 tokens. I pledged FWC this time but I’m not going hardcore into it this time. Right now I’m just trying to complete armor sets and add mods to them for each subclass.
A buddy of mine spent the entirety of the last FR trying to complete his Warlock's NM gear set but wasn't able to. I was able to jump right in to unlocking the FWC ornaments for all my characters except for the Warlock (how did I delete my bond without knowing it???)

I'm a bachelor this week so I'll probably play more than I should, but I'll at least get to rank 50 and unlock all the ornaments.

FYI to all - We can still use a third for NF and PNF!

And since no one had bragged in a while about this, why not me?

383 - Hunter
382 - Warlock
381 - Titan

This is without any raiding or Trials, and I still have most of my Powerful Engrams for the week available.

Anyone else hit Max Power?

I only play a Titan, and I'm at 365. My mark is holding me back - keep getting helmets and power weapons.

I try to play enough to get the non-NF/Raid milestones each week, but haven't had a chance to play this week and next week will be more of the same.

I think I can actually play tonight, so maybe I'll get somewhere.

FYI, according to TWAB, it looks like we're getting a Triple XP weekend (Valor only) from this morning all the way to reset.  If you need me that's where I'll be, working on my ornaments, unless someone needs me for a NF/PNF.

An update on my characters:

Hunter - lacks two pieces of 385 armor

Warlock - lacks one piece of 385 armor

Titan - lacks one piece of 385 armor

Of course, in a few weeks this won't matter anymore because the max PL will be increased to 400!

Seems like our clan is pretty much dead, so I had to bail.  Not that I'm super hardcore with the weekly rituals, but it was like dead-dead.  Can't say I've found a more active or "better" clan yet.  Still....felt crummy to bounce on a CAG clan. 

Seems like our clan is pretty much dead, so I had to bail. Not that I'm super hardcore with the weekly rituals, but it was like dead-dead. Can't say I've found a more active or "better" clan yet. Still....felt crummy to bounce on a CAG clan.
As it was before the latest expansion, the clan is about 80 people who are never even online, 10 more that do other stuff but not Destiny 2, and then the 5-6 regulars in this thread plus one or two others. I play with a real-life friend a couple times a week at fairly peak hours (he's in the clan too) and there are never more than maybe one or two other people ever online let alone playing Destiny.

As it was before the latest expansion, the clan is about 80 people who are never even online, 10 more that do other stuff but not Destiny 2, and then the 5-6 regulars in this thread plus one or two others. I play with a real-life friend a couple times a week at fairly peak hours (he's in the clan too) and there are never more than maybe one or two other people ever online let alone playing Destiny.
My clan is similar to this, but I have noticed more people starting to jump on . I think Foresaken will help out a lot.

Some pretty neat things coming out in today's patch, plus a sneak peek of the Solstice of Heroes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPtXYRxHjlw

Figured I'd post here instead of continuing talking about it in the deals thread.

Had a chance to test out Sweet Business in PvE my titan, already had the war rig chest. Based on perks sounded like a good combo, but just couldn't stand the recoil/lack of accuracy. Felt like I was just spraying bullets in their general direction instead of actually shooting them. Went back to Origin Story at least until I saw Xur was selling Crimson this last weekend.

Figured I'd post here instead of continuing talking about it in the deals thread.

Had a chance to test out Sweet Business in PvE my titan, already had the war rig chest. Based on perks sounded like a good combo, but just couldn't stand the recoil/lack of accuracy. Felt like I was just spraying bullets in their general direction instead of actually shooting them. Went back to Origin Story at least until I saw Xur was selling Crimson this last weekend.
The catalyst for Sweet Business (Rank 50 reward with New Monarchy during the Faction Rally) goes a long way to fix the flinch when firing the gun.

The roadmap has been changed slightly.  Some of the QoL updates that were being released with Forsaken will be released a week earlier now.

Di-zk7JU4AEAqTK.jpg

Anyone going be on Friday night to run the “Whisper(Black Hammer)” secret mission? I didn’t have any luck last week the few times I tried it with LFG randos. I think they said tgey are bringing it back for the weekend again but not 100% sure. Now it should be a little easier since my choices of 385 weapons is a lot better this time around.

There are some EXCITING new weapons and armor coming in the new expansion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5jdyjkGEYw

Anyone going be on Friday night to run the “Whisper(Black Hammer)” secret mission? I didn’t have any luck last week the few times I tried it with LFG randos. I think they said tgey are bringing it back for the weekend again but not 100% sure. Now it should be a little easier since my choices of 385 weapons is a lot better this time around.
Me and a buddy would be glad to have a third to run with us.

GT - Anak Chuckatoa

Here is a somewhat in-depth article on how Milestones and Mods will change:

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1022562966590423040

So I finally had enough of this game last night trying to do the "Whisper" quest jumping puzzle. After trying to get on all weekend and having things going on in the house preventing me from playing that had nothing to do with me. And than finally getting on Sunday evening and the Taken Public Event would never spawn to trigger the mission. For now I've already cancelled my Forsaken pre-order and I'm going to think about getting it at launch. I might just be in a life funk but since D2 is the only game I really play if I dont get the expansion I finally might be done with gaming. 

So I finally had enough of this game last night trying to do the "Whisper" quest jumping puzzle. After trying to get on all weekend and having things going on in the house preventing me from playing that had nothing to do with me. And than finally getting on Sunday evening and the Taken Public Event would never spawn to trigger the mission. For now I've already cancelled my Forsaken pre-order and I'm going to think about getting it at launch. I might just be in a life funk but since D2 is the only game I really play if I dont get the expansion I finally might be done with gaming.
I apologize that I couldn't sync up my schedule with yours over the weekend. There were a handful of Taken PEs on Friday and some last night, but by FAR were they in the minority. It was quite confounding.

That being said, don't forget that a 4-week celebration event starts tomorrow. There will be all kinds of things to do and to earn so (hopefully) it will be a good time had by all. Also, the armor you get from the event will be (up to?) 400 PL so that should help with the fights in the anomaly if you so choose to go into it.

FYI - Last weekend, and the weekend before that, I was a little obsessive with trying to earn the WotW. Any chance I would get to go into the anomaly I would, and I would tell myself it was so that I could practice the jumping puzzle so I would be ready for a real attempt with a full fireteam. I think I'm pretty good at it now (I can do it in under 5 minutes and closer to 4 if I'm in the zone). But, I would push through to the fight areas and try to get practice in at fighting those fights, and I would get destroyed and get frustrated. But last night, after I ended up with a few hours to myself, I sat there in front of the anomaly a few times and didn't enter and guess what! I didn't panic about not practicing it again. Instead, I spent a good chunk of the day trying to get my DFA from the Nightfall. I had such a good time doing that with random folks that if the one of them that didn't get his still hasn't gotten it, I'll probably help him out with it tonight.

TL;DR - Try not to spend time obsessing over one thing in the game because it has a lot of different things to offer. Sorry to come off preachy!

So it looks like the 400 SoH armor is going to take a lot of a grind to get. Apparently you start a 240 set of green armor do a bunch of specific missions and tasked for each piece and than they upgrade to a blue set at 340 and than you do a bunch more stuff and finally you get the purple 400 set. It’s even more of a grind to Masterwork them you have to run raids and do a certain number of strikes and crap like that.

Absolutely ridiculous that this edition does not come with the annual pass.
It's actually cheaper than buying the game ($60) and the statue ($50) separately.

EDIT - This statue actually looks really nice:

175159.jpg

Has anyone else been playing the Redux missions?  I think Bungie/etc. have done some fantastic work on them, and on the Solstice event in general.  Some of the Solstice armor upgrades are a little bit of a bear, but nothing too bad and should be doable within the four weeks of the event.

SGA - The requirement on the green armor for "Super kills in the Crucible" will be very much manageable after reset next week because Mayhem is coming back.  Put away your Shadowshots and your Tractor Cannons and Suppressor Grenades and go vaporize some Guardians!

I havent played this game since the third week after launch since it got bland right away but i hopped on last week since SBMM was removed and had a great time for about two hours dropping crazy kill low death matches. And the upcoming changes make me want to return. I miss year one and year two of destiny. years 3 and 4 have been extremely disappointing and unappealing.

I want that cayde statue edition and to start over on PC but apparently GS doesnt have that edition for PC even though I found a picture. The reps and manager couldnt find a preorder option for PC. 

Saturday is Destiny 2 Forsaken day at GS if you preorder on Saturday and Saturday only you’re supposed to receive a two sided Cayde 6/Ace of Spades poster.

I havent played this game since the third week after launch since it got bland right away but i hopped on last week since SBMM was removed and had a great time for about two hours dropping crazy kill low death matches. And the upcoming changes make me want to return. I miss year one and year two of destiny. years 3 and 4 have been extremely disappointing and unappealing.

I want that cayde statue edition and to start over on PC but apparently GS doesnt have that edition for PC even though I found a picture. The reps and manager couldnt find a preorder option for PC.
Welcome back! The game has steadily become more and more fun (the recent Faction Rallies have been a little bit of a drag though), and with the event going on now and the soon-to-be-released QoL changes the week before Forsaken drops and then all the content in Forsaken, I think the game will become the most fun it's been in a long time (the most fun ever for D2 specifically).

I am down to needing to complete a Nightfall to finish upgrading my Solstice armor to purple (only play a Titan). Nothing like the last minute.

I figure tonight I'll try the matchmaking and hope for the best, unless someone has a suggestion for increased chance of success.

I am down to needing to complete a Nightfall to finish upgrading my Solstice armor to purple (only play a Titan). Nothing like the last minute.

I figure tonight I'll try the matchmaking and hope for the best, unless someone has a suggestion for increased chance of success.
Prestige Nightfall + Solar Singe + Heavyweight = a pretty quick fight with the Shrieker boss. I saw a video and was stunned at how quickly it went down.

Edit - I forgot to mention that the guy was using the Whisper with a reloading rift.

Well, that was easier than I thought. Guided game was a waste of time. But using the Fireteam functionality of the companion app got me a group in about four minutes. Finished the normal NIghtfall in under twenty with no wipes.

And since I needed 15 more points to get to the shirt level of progression, spent about an hour with some YouTube videos hunting down all the Lost Memories on Mars. So, sword and sparrow to go with it.

If their goal was to increase engagement during the Solstice event, it worked on me.

After not playing since Osiris came out, I've gotten back into this game bigtime over the past couple of weeks. Played through the Warmind story, completed my 405 Solstice armor, grabbed a bunch of exotic catalysts, even raided for the first time. Pretty pumped to join my fellow Gunslingers and avenge our boss on Tuesday!

After not playing since Osiris came out, I've gotten back into this game bigtime over the past couple of weeks. Played through the Warmind story, completed my 405 Solstice armor, grabbed a bunch of exotic catalysts, even raided for the first time. Pretty pumped to join my fellow Gunslingers and avenge our boss on Tuesday!
Welcome back!

Does anybody know what I should do with my maxed Valor rank before tomorrow? Should i rest it now or wait for tomorrow hoping for higher than 380 rewards?

I have no idea.

The weapon slot change has made PvP almost unplayable for me. The amount of one-shot shotgun kills is crazy. I feel like I'm in Gears multiplayer.

I'm sure I'll figure something out, but this is incredibly frustrating.

On the flip side, loving souped up exotics in PvE.

So note to anyone who preorder via GS all they give you is a code worth whatever version you bought in Microsoft money. You than have to use that to purchase the version you wanted. I preordersnd paid for the expansion and the annual pass and I had a hell of a time finding that version. I basically had to google “Destiny 2 Forsaken plus Annual Pass” and purchase from the actual Microsoft Store via my PC.

So note to anyone who preorder via GS all they give you is a code worth whatever version you bought in Microsoft money. You than have to use that to purchase the version you wanted. I preordersnd paid for the expansion and the annual pass and I had a hell of a time finding that version. I basically had to google “Destiny 2 Forsaken plus Annual Pass” and purchase from the actual Microsoft Store via my PC.
AND that code for Xbox money doesn't factor in tax, if you have to pay tax. However, pre-ordering frm GameStop will get you a separate code for the pre-order bonus which you won't need because you get those bonuses when buying the game from the console or Xbox.com anyway.

bread's done
Back