Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

Nothing new from Xur it seems:

This week you can find Xur in the Tower, in the Hangar. Here’s what he’s selling this week:

Prometheus Lens – Exotic Trace Rifle

Young Ahamkara’s Spine – Exotic Hunter gauntlets

Ashen Wake – Exotic Titan gauntlets

Nezarec’s Sin – Exotic Warlock Helmet

Three of Coins

Five of Swords

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nothing new from Xur it seems:

This week you can find Xur in the Tower, in the Hangar. Here’s what he’s selling this week:

Prometheus Lens – Exotic Trace Rifle

Young Ahamkara’s Spine – Exotic Hunter gauntlets

Ashen Wake – Exotic Titan gauntlets

Nezarec’s Sin – Exotic Warlock Helmet

Three of Coins

Five of Swords
Interesting that he is selling 3oC, because all of my old 3oC expired and only gave me the option to dismantle them.

So note to anyone who preorder via GS all they give you is a code worth whatever version you bought in Microsoft money. You than have to use that to purchase the version you wanted. I preordersnd paid for the expansion and the annual pass and I had a hell of a time finding that version. I basically had to google “Destiny 2 Forsaken plus Annual Pass” and purchase from the actual Microsoft Store via my PC.
Ha, yeah, me too. That was the dumbest thing ever. Only reason I preordered at GS was for the poster, so at least I got that. How dumb, though?

The Forsaken campaign is amazing and the Tangled Shore is a lot of fun. All in all good stuff. I'm kind of overwhelmed, but that's to be expected I guess. As usual for me, I'm taking my sweet old time, but I'm working on entrance into the Dreaming City. Lots o grinding with this update, for sure. If anyone needs help and see's me online, give me a shout.

The Ace of Spades is an amazing gun but dang that first quest step was annoying. It took me 9 Gambit games, and I'm sure my teammates were super pleased that I never picked up any motes. But they can blame Bungie for a quest step that requires you to play the mode wrong.

Damn. I played like 5 matches yesterday and not a single kill. I'm terrible with hand cannons.

------------
Xur Update

Sunshot (Exotic Hand Cannon)

Eye Of Another World (Exotic Warlock Helmet)

Graviton Forfeit (Exotic Hunter Helmet)

Wormgod Caress (Exotic Titan Gauntlets)

This weekend, you can find him in the Winding Cove in the European Dead Zone. He's returned to his usual spot in the sector, and you'll find the shadowy merchant chilling all by his lonesome. Just spawn in at the landing zone and make your way directly north. He can be found on a hill next to a crashed ship.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Damn. I played like 5 matches yesterday and not a single kill. I'm terrible with hand cannons.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
This is me. I usually use Better Devils as my main go-to weapon and after 3 rounds of Gambit I didn't even get close to taking out an invader with an HC. This one is going to be brutal for me.

I feel so dirty using Sleeper in Gambit.
Shame on you! Never, EVER, feel dirty for using the most powerful weapon in the game! Sleeper all the time, my man!!

Dammit you guys ;).  I stopped playing Destiny 2 because all of you seemed to have quit and I told myself I wasn't dropping another $40+ on it to play mostly single-player.  Now I see all you guys are having fun with it again.  Do I get back into it? I already feel like I'll be way behind the curve.  Maybe I'll be a cheap ass and wait for a sale on it. 

Also, completely off topic question but I am out of the loop on sales and deals recently.  Is there still any way of getting Xbox Live for cheaper than retail?  I finally ran out the other day of all my cheap one-year and one-month codes that I got at various Blockbuster clearances and such.  I scrounged up one more one month code from the bottom of a stack of codes I had stashed in a drawer, but I'll be hard pressed to pay $60 real cash money for it when that runs out.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to catch up pretty quickly. You can plow through the campaign in a day or two.

XBL Gold deals still pop up every now and then at ~$40

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

If you've at least played through Curse of Osiris and Warmind, nevermind grinding for max light, you're fine.  This does feel like a whole new Destiny, though.  It's a bit overwhelming, even for me.  BUT!  It's fun, tons to do. 

I'm currently working on HC invader kills for the Ace of Spades and fuckthis quest step.  I have 3/5, but it's hard to take someone out with a hand cannon when they're pecking you off from afar with a sniper or Sleeper.  

It really is overwhelming now to try and complete everything in a week. Especially since I’ve got some of the weekly to glitch out and show up again on Saturday reset. Every time this happened I do them again for hopes of getting something decent to drop. I cashed in all my old IB tokens 400+ and ended up with two decent weapons and a full set of armor. Be careful if you plan on cashing in old IB tokens it was showing the rewards dropping at 536 which is 2 past my current power level but they were only between 518-521 once the decoded.

I’ve have got six Better Devils hand cannon in a row from crucible related rewards. What sucks is none of them are super great rolls. I did get one with Rangefinder and Explosive Rounds which seems to be the best of the bunch.

I’ve have got six Better Devils hand cannon in a row from crucible related rewards. What sucks is none of them are super great rolls. I did get one with Rangefinder and Explosive Rounds which seems to be the best of the bunch.
Honestly, I haven't found one that is better than the Y1 version I have.

Now I HAVE found a Go Figure PR that I really like (well enough to take it to MW10):

High-Caliber Rounds / Ricochet Rounds

Outlaw

Kill Clip

That's funny, one of the two things I've infused is my OG Y1 Better Devils because it is an orb creating machine.  Still love it despite three new Y2 versions of it with pretty good rolls. 

I got a solid Trust from Gambit last night that I can't put down. Like it better than my Ace of Spades.

The ruined the Crucible for me the when when they made the weapon slot changes. Also the bows are ridicules how can you shoy me dead in the face when I'm pumping rounds in you.

Anyone going be on tonight for a NF run and maybe the Ascendant Challenge?

The ruined the Crucible for me the when when they made the weapon slot changes. Also the bows are ridicules how can you shoy me dead in the face when I'm pumping rounds in you.

Anyone going be on tonight for a NF run and maybe the Ascendant Challenge?
I'd like to think I could contribute to either of those activities, but it will probably be a few weeks. My highest is ~515 and I haven't had much time to play lately.

Xur update:

The Agent of the Nine is selling the stock listed below, which can also be seen in the video (also below), which will also give you the all important stats.
Xur Stock September 21 - 25:
• Prometheus Lens - Energy Weapon Trace Rifle - 29 Legendary Shards 
• Young Ahamkara's Spine - Hunter Gauntlets - 23 Legendary Shards
• Ashen Wake - Titan Gauntlets - 23 Legendary Shards 
• Nezarec's Sin - Warlock Helmet - 23 Legendary Shards

• Five of Swords (Nightfall Challenge Card)
• Fated Engram

☆Credit to The DailyStar

He sold that the first week didn’t he?
Whoops yeah sorry the site I got it from posted the wrong update. Here's the real one via GameSpot:

For this latest appearance, Xur has returned to Nessus. If you've visited him there before, you'll know where to go--he's located in Watcher's Grave. Spawn in at the local landing zone and simply make your way straight toward a giant tree. Walk near the base of it and you'll find a branch you can jump up, and you can make your way to Xur.

Crimson (Exotic Hand Cannon) -- 29 Legendary Shards

St0mp-EE5 (Exotic Hunter Leg Armor) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Khepri's Horn (Exotic Titan Helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Verity's Brow (Exotic Warlock Helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards

I've seen a lot of people on Reddit (read:  one or more people) complain about not having a Crimson to help with certain HC-related steps of certain exotic quests.  Now they should have no problem completing those steps.

BTW, the Crimson is hands down the best way (IMO) to get HC precision kills.

Yesterday’s quick fix update changed the Ace of Spades quest to make it a little easier. Now instead of 5 invader kills with a HC it’s just use a HC in Gambit with a % bar to fill. Wish they would have implemented that last week since I had 4/5 invader kills and they were a pain to get.

Yeah I picked up the Crimson and thought the same thing. It would be perfect for the Axe quest. Too bad I already got it the hard way.

I hate this frigging game wait all morning to find an LFG group to do a NF finally find one and get a 550 helmet when my current is already 551 thanks Bungie. Iron Banner and Gambit are freaking nightmares to play without a squad. I think the one game of Gambit I played I banked the only 33 motes my team banked the whole game. And I cant even do the glitch to get to the raid chest because I know my Warlock cant make the one jump.

I think it was changed because the Ace ornament was a pre-order bonus gated behind a really difficult quest step for anyone who is lousy with hand cannons or PvP modes (or both).

I know they want Gambit to feel like a mix of both sides and the quest step was probably intended to be a "hey, this new mode is fun, come play it!", but I saw way too many posts saying that they don't mind a hard or grindy quest step, but when it was "impossible without boosting" in the eyes of people spending money, that was probably a bridge too far.

Especially when the invading meta is pretty much "find a vantage point and snipe".

It is one of those quest steps that was never going to be a focus for me, but I was going to try and ping at it kind of like the Mercury materials weapon thingamabobs. I have two Powerful bounties in Gambit at the moment, so trying to knock those out. I wasn't sure if I actually got a kill last night and noticed the quest had changed when I checked.

Same happened to me yesterday. Raid chest shortcut -2 from current, Spiders bounty -1. WTF?

I'm a Warlock BTW, can confirm you can make the jump. It's easier with Warlock

Same happened to me yesterday. Raid chest shortcut -2 from current, Spiders bounty -1. WTF?

I'm a Warlock BTW, can confirm you can make the jump. It's easier with Warlock

Any chance you will be on tonight to give me a hand?

I figured out how to glitch to the first chest from the raid and I got a RL with crappy perks. I was having trouble with the one jump but the one time I died it spawned me up on the platform I was trying to get to. 

I guess there is a way to glitch to another chest but you need a Titan with Lion Rampant and a sword to jump over this big gap. Once he gets to the room he can invite other people in to join him. I guess you can do it with a top tree Dawnblade but I cant figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKorz4XzEI

I figured out how to glitch to the first chest from the raid and I got a RL with crappy perks. I was having trouble with the one jump but the one time I died it spawned me up on the platform I was trying to get to.

I guess there is a way to glitch to another chest but you need a Titan with Lion Rampant and a sword to jump over this big gap. Once he gets to the room he can invite other people in to join him. I guess you can do it with a top tree Dawnblade but I cant figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKorz4XzEI
I watched a video on how to get to that second chest, and the video started out with a Hunter. Then the video switches to a Titan with a message "only Warlocks and Titans can get past this point."

...oh, well, never mind then.

I'll see if I can find a video for the first chest instead.

Also if you get a Titan to make the jump for the second chest he can invite you in when he enters the next area and you can backtrack to the chest. I guess I will try and figure out how to Dawnblade over it.

Also if you get a Titan to make the jump for the second chest he can invite you in when he enters the next area and you can backtrack to the chest. I guess I will try and figure out how to Dawnblade over it.
https://youtu.be/y8bEbxnpQQw

Xur is in the hangar:

Sweet Business (Exotic auto rifle) -- 29 Legendary Shards

Hallowfire Heart (Exotic Titan chest armor) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Winter's Guile (Exotic Warlock gauntlets) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Aeon Swift (Exotic Hunter gauntlets) -- 23 Legendary Shards

I definitely feel Exotic drops have tweaked better. I managed to find two new ones yesterday after finding nothing for the longest time.

Super weird shotgun that looks like a flamethrower but fires like a pulse rifle (Lord of Wolves), and the Titan helmet that marks people who hurt you first (One-Eyed Mask).

I'm in the seemingly defunct "Destiny CAGs" clan (PS4). Is there an active clan for CAG that's ok with members like me who play 99% single-player that I can slip into for a few XP perks?

I'm currently playing through Warmind to get to Forsaken.  I don't do raids, fireteams, PVP, and very rarely do strikes. Might try Gambit again (tried it once, made me miss Prison of Elders)

I told myself I wasn't dropping another $40+ on it to play mostly single-player. Now I see all you guys are having fun with it again. Do I get back into it? I already feel like I'll be way behind the curve. Maybe I'll be a cheap ass and wait for a sale on it.
Ah, a fellow Destiny boat-sailor! I went from Vanilla D2 to the Forsaken Legendary Collection Disc from Best Buy for $47.99 w/GCU

(ProTip: it's just another Vanilla D2 with codes for expansion pass and forsaken, cheapest way to upgrade).

I'm having a literal blast getting back into it and watching my light soar without having to strain at all. Biggest change to know for now is that infusing won't be the same as it was (until they fix it), but I've managed to keep my Better Devils relevant by finding/buying a high exotic to infuse into it at minimal cost without Masterwork Cores (as I haven't met Spider yet).

Man, I just read this:

https://kotaku.com/four-weapons-you-should-really-have-in-destiny-2-forsa-1829473267

and I am not even familiar with what they are calling "year 1" guns even though I played Year 1.  For example that escalation protocol thing I never really understood.  It never seemed to go past 1 round.  There was always some big Ogre that we usually didn't beat but sometimes it seems we did.  But nothing ever happened afterwards.  I'm not even sure that was the Escalation Protocol.  I feel like the whole thing was very vague and hard to figure out.  Also I didn't even know Sleeper Simulant came back.  LOL.   And for sure I never heard of this Whisper of the Worm thing.

I guess I could play without Forsaken and try to get some of this stuff and see how it goes?

Or I could go Kerig's route and just start all over on PS4.  (I have been playing on Xbox One).

What I am not liking about what I'm reading is the return of shotguns and snipers.  I feel like PvP was good last year without those two in the mix.  And I say that as someone who liked using shotguns in D1.  But I was glad to see them go along with snipers in D2 regardless.  Now that's all back again?

Man, I just read this:

https://kotaku.com/four-weapons-you-should-really-have-in-destiny-2-forsa-1829473267

and I am not even familiar with what they are calling "year 1" guns even though I played Year 1. For example that escalation protocol thing I never really understood. It never seemed to go past 1 round. There was always some big Ogre that we usually didn't beat but sometimes it seems we did. But nothing ever happened afterwards. I'm not even sure that was the Escalation Protocol. I feel like the whole thing was very vague and hard to figure out. Also I didn't even know Sleeper Simulant came back. LOL. And for sure I never heard of this Whisper of the Worm thing.

I guess I could play without Forsaken and try to get some of this stuff and see how it goes?

Or I could go Kerig's route and just start all over on PS4. (I have been playing on Xbox One).

What I am not liking about what I'm reading is the return of shotguns and snipers. I feel like PvP was good last year without those two in the mix. And I say that as someone who liked using shotguns in D1. But I was glad to see them go along with snipers in D2 regardless. Now that's all back again?
I haven't seen a glut of sniper rifles and shotguns in Crucible, so if anyone says it is ruining Crucible they are probably exaggerating. There are probably more shotguns in Crucible now than there will be in the future, simply because people are working on the quest steps for the Chaperone.

I'm not sure I understand the desire to start over on a different console, but if you wanted to try to get any of these fancy weapons on :xb1: just say the word.

Well, I fired it up last night to see where I was at with stuff and it turned out the other day when I set my Xbox to download the ridiculous 40GB update that it stopped half way through and shut itself off apparently. So I had to leave it on again late last night to finish. I'll find out later if it actually did. Seems dumb for the system to turn off when it is downloading stuff. I feel like the 360 used to stay on till it finished and then would shut off - even if I told it to turn off. The Xbox One likes shutting down on its own.

I had been thinking of switching to PS4 for a long time - this is the first time when I could do it for almost the same price. $48 for Forsaken plus last years expansions on PS4 vs. $40 in cash just for Forsaken. I feel like I'd progress super quick too. I dunno. If there are still enough active players here maybe I'll just stick with Xbox One. But I get the feeling most people have probably already moved on from it.

OK jumped back in last night. Man... I dunno… I thought well at least I can bump up my light from 362 or whatever it was with a little infusing. No, apparently that costs tons of rare materials now!? Masterwork cores to infuse? What the actual F?

Also, I thought they fixed the stupid shaders taking up inventory slots thing. Nope, still there. Though now Rahoul will crush them for you. I guess that's somewhat useful. I was hoping for a shader collection like in D1.

I picked up a clan engram and it wasn't even above my current light level. I ran around on Mercury a bit because it was the only thing that showed a weekly goal to it. I also got an Eververse bounty. I guess all the other weekly milestones from before are gone though?

I guess all the other weekly milestones from before are gone though?
Not really. They just aren't active (visible? maybe you can do them anyway?) until some threshold. I cannot remember and cannot find with a quick search what it is - I want to say it is either getting to a certain point in the story or reaching level 50.

They are displayed differently now, though. Instead of having a list on the left trigger, they are tracked by icons at each destination node.

And yeah, infusing is completely different. If you haven't hit 500, it's better to just be fluid with your weapons and armor. Once you hit the soft cap, you can start to focus on what you want your primary equipment to be. Also, infusing higher rarity items into lower rarity items cost significantly less resources, and infusing the same named item into a different version only costs glimmer.

With the way equipment/weapon perks work now, there really isn't a reason to infuse year 1 gear outside of a few exceptions.

Also, I thought they fixed the stupid shaders taking up inventory slots thing. Nope, still there. Though now Rahoul will crush them for you. I guess that's somewhat useful. I was hoping for a shader collection like in D1.
If you want, you can dismantle all shaders that you get and just pull them from the Collections tab of your character screen as you need them. They will cost though, either Glimmer or Legendary Shards or Bright Dust (depending on what you get when you dismantle them). You will still need to dismantle shaders as they come in though, and if you want to test a shader against a piece of gear it might become cumbersome to do so. I think the shader system might change again to be like applying an ornament or a projection, but Bungie is going to have to do some rethinking about how they dole out rewards.

With the way equipment/weapon perks work now, there really isn't a reason to infuse year 1 gear outside of a few exceptions.
I was blessed to have a lot of MW cores before Forsaken launched and I still have a good chunk of them left, but the few guns from Y1 that I still think about I don't infuse unless they are like 30-40 points lower than my level.

Bungie mentioned in the recent TWAB that they are looking at changing that economy because a lot of people are complaining about it.

*Xur Weekend update:

You'll find Xur right now on Io, in the Giant's Scar region. Spawn in at the landing zone, hop on your Sparrow, and make your way forward through an overpass. Head left in the wide-open area with the large drill and then jump up the small hill on the left of this area. You'll find Xur hiding out in a cave, as you can see in the map below.

Skyburner's Oath (Exotic scout rifle) -- 29 Legendary Shards

Young Ahamkara's Grasp (Exotic Hunter gauntlets) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Exotic Warlock helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Helm of Saint-14 (Exotic Titan helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards

*Credit GameSpot

Xur Weekly Update *taken from GameSpot*

Right now, you can find Xur on Titan. Head to the The Rig landing zone, turn left, and make your way through the open building. Once you reach the next wide open area, turn left again and drop down one floor. You'll find Xur hanging out in a building, as seen in the map below.
In terms of items, it's the standard lineup: one Exotic armor for each class, and one Exotic weapon. The weapon is Tractor Cannon, the Portal gun-looking shotgun that prevents affected enemies from using abilities and makes them take more damage, especially from void. More entertainingly, however, it also blasts enemies backwards.

For armor, Titans get the Synthoceps gauntlets, which increases how far you can lunge with a melee attack and provides you with more melee and Super damage when surrounded by enemies. Hunters can pick up the Gemini Jester leg armor, which provides your dodge with some added perks: it disorients enemies and causes their radar to disappear temporarily. Warlocks can grab the Sanguine Alchemy chest armor; this buffs your Rift to provide you and allies with some enhancements. This includes being able to see your radar when aiming down sights and visual markers being placed on powerful enemies. You might already own this armor, but bear in mind that these are Year 2 versions that feature more perks than the versions from Year 1 you might have.

Tractor Cannon (Exotic Shotgun) -- 29 Legendary Shards

Synthoceps (Exotic Titan gauntlets) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Gemini Jester (Exotic Hunter leg armor) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Sanguine Alchemy (Exotic Warlock chest armor) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Alongside these specific items for sale, Xur offers the Fated Engram. This is expensive, at 97 Legendary Shards, but it guarantees you a Year One Exotic you don't already own, so it's a good way to fill out your collection, provided you can afford it.
Although this week didn't bring with it much in the way of new content, aside from the latest Ascendant Challenge, there is a lot coming soon. Tuesday, October 16, will see the release of the first of two big updates launching for the game this month. This patch will coincide with the debut of Festival of the Lost, Destiny 2's Halloween-themed event, as well as the next instance of Iron Banner. Unlike the first instance of the multiplayer activity after Forsaken's release, this one will have easier bounties, and each one will offer a piece of Powerful gear as a reward. For more on what's new in the world of Destiny, check out our guide to the latest weekly reset.

bread's done
Back