Destiny 2 *Official* CAG Thread - Farmhands Wanted

The Dawning starts today and goes for four weeks.  This is a good opportunity to farm for Bright Dust if you're running low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo5H_BWujyo

Well, dammit, I think I will buy the stupid Anniversary thing.  Let me know when you are free for a dungeon run Chuck.

Well, dammit, I think I will buy the stupid Anniversary thing. Let me know when you are free for a dungeon run Chuck.
If you do so don't forget to activate the card in the Xbox Rewards app first. There's also a punch card in the app for buying a minimum amount of Silver.

I'm probably going to be available tomorrow night and most nights going forward.

If you do so don't forget to activate the card in the Xbox Rewards app first. There's also a punch card in the app for buying a minimum amount of Silver.

I'm probably going to be available tomorrow night and most nights going forward.
I have no idea what you are talking about so I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll look into it.,

Edit: Hmmm... I see discussion of how to complete various punch cards but not how to get them in the first place. I have the Xbox app and the Gamepass app and I can go into my Rewards account in a web browser and do the 50 point quizzes and such. I see nothing about a Rewards app or punch cards in there anywhere though.

Never mind, I found it - it is an app on the actual Xbox. I actually didn't think to look there, When I hear "app" I think mobile ;). It would for sure be nice if these were accessible from the Xbox app on my phone though!

So now I'm trying to figure out how to buy the silver first rather than buying the 30th anniversary pack directly in the MS store. Edit #2: Apparently you can't do that. So the punch card for silver would just be for buying it for cosmetic things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what you are talking about so I'm glad you mentioned it. I'll look into it.,

Edit: Hmmm... I see discussion of how to complete various punch cards but not how to get them in the first place. I have the Xbox app and the Gamepass app and I can go into my Rewards account in a web browser and do the 50 point quizzes and such. I see nothing about a Rewards app or punch cards in there anywhere though.
You need to download the Microsoft Rewards app to your Xbox.

I bought the pack.  Is a lot of the content locked behind grinding for strange keys?  It seems like it would take dozens of hours of running the 6-man event to get enough keys to open all those chests.

So far all I got was the streetwear armor.ornaments and eventually I found the G-Horn quest (it was hidden on Xur's second page so I missed it for a bit).  I did finish up the Forerunner quest and I'm glad I did.  I usually hate sidearms because most seem to me like close-range only pea shooters (like non auto auto rifles that shoot slow).  But the zoom on this thing is awesome.

I bought the pack. Is a lot of the content locked behind grinding for strange keys? It seems like it would take dozens of hours of running the 6-man event to get enough keys to open all those chests.

So far all I got was the streetwear armor.ornaments and eventually I found the G-Horn quest (it was hidden on Xur's second page so I missed it for a bit). I did finish up the Forerunner quest and I'm glad I did. I usually hate sidearms because most seem to me like close-range only pea shooters (like non auto auto rifles that shoot slow). But the zoom on this thing is awesome.
Those armor ornaments will definitely take a while to purchase, but there are a few ways that you could get more Treasure Keys:

• At the end of the second round of DoE you could get a Taken boss that drops some extra loot.
  • At the end of the boss round you could get the Lightning Round, which depending on how well you do you could get up to four chests at the end instead of just one.
  • If you have a glut of Strange Coins, you can spend them on a Treasure Key or a package that randomly has 0 or more Treasure Keys in it. Also, try to complete as many of Starhorse's bounties as you can because those give 1/2/3 of those same packages that you can buy from him with Strange Coins.
The DLC is definitely about loot, and most if not all of the weapons you can get from the various things are top tier with the right perks.

The events are a lot of fun both the Xur six man thing and the stuff for the Dawning. I did get the Forerunner and Gally quests done also and I am working on the Gally catalyst as we speak. I did get a Dawning Fusion Rifle to drop with Subsistence and Reservoir Burst it’s like the ultimate add clearing machine.

The events are a lot of fun both the Xur six man thing and the stuff for the Dawning. I did get the Forerunner and Gally quests done also and I am working on the Gally catalyst as we speak. I did get a Dawning Fusion Rifle to drop with Subsistence and Reservoir Burst it’s like the ultimate add clearing machine.
Congratulations YOU BASTARD!!! My search continues.

Also, before you get too deep into the Dawning, do these two things:

• Either print or purchase from Eva (if you don't own) the Starfarer 7M ship. It has a unique perk on it that will help you gain Dawning Spirit.
  • Masterwork your oven by baking all the cookies you haven't already baked and it will lower the amount of Essence of Dawning needed for every cookie.

Are those things in the chests armor ornaments for the DLC?  It seems like if you prioritize getting those then you can't get the weapon roll drops from the first chest.

Congratulations YOU BASTARD!!! My search continues.

Also, before you get too deep into the Dawning, do these two things:

• Either print or purchase from Eva (if you don't own) the Starfarer 7M ship. It has a unique perk on it that will help you gain Dawning Spirit.
  • Masterwork your oven by baking all the cookies you haven't already baked and it will lower the amount of Essence of Dawning needed for every cookie.
I'll have to check for that ship. As for the oven, I seem to be missing recipes so I'd have to get those first and I'm not sure how. I think last year I remember being able to masterwork it pretty quickly so I have no idea how there are new recipes i don't have.

Are those things in the chests armor ornaments for the DLC? It seems like if you prioritize getting those then you can't get the weapon roll drops from the first chest.
Yes those are the Marathon-themed armor ornaments. You'll probably gain the keys faster than you'll be able to spend them to open those chests because it will take a while to rank up. Also, there are chests for a Sparrow, a ship, and a Ghost Shell. Even though I main Hunter, I really like the Titan and Warlock sets.

I'll have to check for that ship. As for the oven, I seem to be missing recipes so I'd have to get those first and I'm not sure how. I think last year I remember being able to masterwork it pretty quickly so I have no idea how there are new recipes i don't have.
You should automatically be able to bake all the cookies, even the new ones, because they show you all the recipes from the get-go. If you've already baked all the previous cookies, there should only be two new ones - one for the Exo Stranger and one for Queen Mara.

Ok, I'll check it out again.  The new ones were "grayed out" but maybe I just didn't have the ingredients.  I thought it wasn't even showing me how to make them, but I'll double check.

Also will be on later so if you want to run the dungeon with me I'd appreciate it!  I was on last night and not a single Xbox friend was playing Destiny 2.  The funny thing is that after playing for a bit I decided I'd give Halo Infinite a shot.  Well, nope - still had to download 20+ GB campaign.  So I went back to Destiny while that downloaded and that's when I finished Foerunner and found the G-Horn quest ;).

This week's TWaB discusses some interesting changes coming in the new expansion:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50939

• Pretty great change --> Fully masterworked armor can have its element changed for a much reduced cost.
  • Pretty great change --> With enough XP, you can unlock every mod in the Artifact instead of just 12.
  • Pretty questionable change --> Weapon orb generation will no longer be dependent on the weapon being masterworked but rather now a suite of armor mods on the helmet.
We'll have to see how this shakes out.

Here is this week's TWAB:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50957

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/s8q5jh/this_week_at_bungie_1202022/

Highlights:

• New Power Level details:
    Floor - 1350 (what everyone will be pushed to on Day 1)
  • Soft Cap - 1500 (only Powerful / Pinnacle / Prime for increases after this)
  • Power Cap - 1550 (only Pinnacle for increases after this)
  • Hard Cap - 1560

[*]Raid launch date - March 5, 2022
[*]Use your Gunsmith Materials and Weapon Telemetries before launch as they are going away
[*]Gunsmith reputation changes and Banshee/Ada-1 inventory changes
[*]Rahool taking on material exchange duties from Spider
[*]Mod components going away
[*]Hawkmoon and Dead Man's Tale being sold by Xur
[*]Exotic weapon catalysts being added to activity completion pool:
  • Hawkmoon
  • Dead Man's Tale
  • Fourth Horseman
  • Ager's Scepter
  • Outbreak Perfected
  • Whisper of the Worm

Next week's TWAB should go into more detail of weapon changes and continue the controversial conversation from last week.

This week's TWAB:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50975

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/se4zbx/this_week_at_bungie_1272022/

Some highlights:

• Reputation gains:
    Increase in reputation earned for Vanguard and Trials
  • No changes to Crucible rep
  • No changes to Gambit rep because Gambit is being overhauled

[*]Vanguard Strikes playlist absorbing Battlegrounds and being renamed to Vanguard Operations
[*]Shaking up Nightfall modifiers (burns seem to be back)
[*]Nightfalls will now mention which shields are present (thank the Traveler)
[*]There will be a single daily rotating Lost Sector that you can choose to start as either Legend or Master level difficulty.
[*]Some major HDR changes
[*]A new LATAM Community Manager (¡Hola Bruno!)
[*]Bungie Names should be changeable before Witch Queen launches
[*]A list of rewards that will need to be claimed before the end of the season and a mention of the DCV (https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50752)

I was hoping this would be the TWAB that talks about the weapon changes that are causing the "Orbs on Multi-kill" aspect of weapons to be moved to helmet mods, but not yet.

In my obsession to earn better Artificer armor from the Master Grasp of Avarice dungeon (and my insatiable need to run the regular version for a flawless run), I'm sending out a call to anyone that owns the 30th Anniversary content and wants to run the dungeon.  If interested, let me know here or in-game!

In my obsession to earn better Artificer armor from the Master Grasp of Avarice dungeon (and my insatiable need to run the regular version for a flawless run), I'm sending out a call to anyone that owns the 30th Anniversary content and wants to run the dungeon. If interested, let me know here or in-game!
Could run it Friday or Saturday night if we can hammer down a specific time I’ll be there.

In my obsession to earn better Artificer armor from the Master Grasp of Avarice dungeon (and my insatiable need to run the regular version for a flawless run), I'm sending out a call to anyone that owns the 30th Anniversary content and wants to run the dungeon. If interested, let me know here or in-game!
You can always hit me up even when I'm playing another game.

By the way, I ran the Legend Lost Sector and got the armor type (chest) that was advertised, but it was an Armamentarium. Then I read online that if you don't have Beyond Light you won't get the newer exotics. If only I had run those when I had it! That sort of took the wind out of my sails for the game for the time being, but I will always be willing to run Grasp or any raids. I just probably won't waste time trying to get that one last piece of 1330 armor for each class (down to one on my Hunter now as well), since it won't make much difference once the new expansion drops. So that means I probably won't be in Destiny daily like I have been. I am so close to a gilded Dredgen title, but I need like 35 wins, which is just drudgery.

Oh, I am always up for a GM Nightfall though. Those adept drops are sweet.

I looked at buying Beyond Light but it is just too much. $30 for what amounts to a few chances at some new exotics. They should have dropped the price of that in anticipation of the new expansion.

Is it also true that if I don't buy the $80 version of Witch King, I won't get the 2 dungeons? It looks like the $40 version excludes those. That is... atrocious.

You can always hit me up even when I'm playing another game.

By the way, I ran the Legend Lost Sector and got the armor type (chest) that was advertised, but it was an Armamentarium. Then I read online that if you don't have Beyond Light you won't get the newer exotics. If only I had run those when I had it! That sort of took the wind out of my sails for the game for the time being, but I will always be willing to run Grasp or any raids. I just probably won't waste time trying to get that one last piece of 1330 armor for each class (down to one on my Hunter now as well), since it won't make much difference once the new expansion drops. So that means I probably won't be in Destiny daily like I have been. I am so close to a gilded Dredgen title, but I need like 35 wins, which is just drudgery.

Oh, I am always up for a GM Nightfall though. Those adept drops are sweet.

I looked at buying Beyond Light but it is just too much. $30 for what amounts to a few chances at some new exotics. They should have dropped the price of that in anticipation of the new expansion.

Is it also true that if I don't buy the $80 version of Witch King, I won't get the 2 dungeons? It looks like the $40 version excludes those. That is... atrocious.
You're right about the Deluxe Edition being the only way to get those dungeons, but the Deluxe Edition also gives you four season passes to use on the seasons throughout the year. You're not only paying $40 for just the dungeons.

You're right about the Deluxe Edition being the only way to get those dungeons, but the Deluxe Edition also gives you four season passes to use on the seasons throughout the year. You're not only paying $40 for just the dungeons.
I know but what I hate about getting all the season passes is that I feel like I will have to participate every season and I like taking breaks from this game every so often! I liked being able to pick and choose seasons the last year.

I know but what I hate about getting all the season passes is that I feel like I will have to participate every season and I like taking breaks from this game every so often! I liked being able to pick and choose seasons the last year.
It looks like the dungeons will be available as separate purchases at some point:

https://massivelyop.com/2021/10/21/destiny-2s-two-new-witch-queen-dungeons-will-require-a-separate-purchase-to-access/

So you can go about the purchase of this new content in a few different ways:

1. Buy the Deluxe Edition for $80 and get everything.
  2. By the regular edition first and then buy the Deluxe Edition upgrade later.
  3. By the regular edition first and then just buy the dungeons themselves.
I don't think we have info as to what they will cost, but if you don't want to commit to playing every season then I think option three might be the most palatable.

OK, that's what I wasn't sure about - didn't see that the dungeons would be separate.  I'm plugging away as fast as I can on the MS Rewards to hopefully get a $10 card Feb 1st, though I may not be able to until March 1st.  If so, I can use that and then I'm thinking maybe I'll get a $100 MS card at Costco for $90.  Then maybe just buy the damn Deluxe edition ;).  But I can't just pay full price for it - gotta feel like a cheapass in some way at least.  So I may wait until March to start playing.

Whatever happened to the discount from buying things from Gamepass?  I remember the season I bought around a year ago (or rather the 1000 silver I think) only cost me $9 instead of $10 because of some sort of auto discount.  But then I didn't get any discount when I bought the Anniversary pack.  By the way the only reason I bought that was because I had $15 of expiring credit.  $10 was from previous MS rewards.  I have no idea where the other $5 came from though.

OK, that's what I wasn't sure about - didn't see that the dungeons would be separate. I'm plugging away as fast as I can on the MS Rewards to hopefully get a $10 card Feb 1st, though I may not be able to until March 1st. If so, I can use that and then I'm thinking maybe I'll get a $100 MS card at Costco for $90. Then maybe just buy the damn Deluxe edition ;). But I can't just pay full price for it - gotta feel like a cheapass in some way at least. So I may wait until March to start playing.

Whatever happened to the discount from buying things from Gamepass? I remember the season I bought around a year ago (or rather the 1000 silver I think) only cost me $9 instead of $10 because of some sort of auto discount. But then I didn't get any discount when I bought the Anniversary pack. By the way the only reason I bought that was because I had $15 of expiring credit. $10 was from previous MS rewards. I have no idea where the other $5 came from though.
It's because all of the expansions that were on Game Pass were removed, so the game no longer has a presence in Game Pass.

However, that doesn't stop me from popping the "Play any Game Pass game" reward when I start the game. :bouncy:

This is kind of a big deal:

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1488211903482527744

Interesting.  They claim Destiny 2 will remain multi-platform.  I wonder, though, if in the future if Sony won't put it on their (inevitable) GamePass competitor?  If so (and all expansions and whatnot were included), I'd make the jump.

Interesting. They claim Destiny 2 will remain multi-platform. I wonder, though, if in the future if Sony won't put it on their (inevitable) GamePass competitor? If so (and all expansions and whatnot were included), I'd make the jump.
This brings to mind a big request I have for Bungie, and that's to provide a high quality cross platform in game voice chat. I've used Fireteam chat and it's not that great.

This brings to mind a big request I have for Bungie, and that's to provide a high quality cross platform in game voice chat. I've used Fireteam chat and it's not that great.
I guess it didn't even occur to me that fireteam chat might work cross-platform. It was always a bit wonky, so it seems like the solution has been for years to just start up an Xbox Live Party.

Bungie dropped a trailer dripping with new stuff today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzTQJzJ6TG4

One of the Community Managers tweeted that this week's TWAB will be about weapons, so stay tuned!

The problem I'm gonna have here is Elden Ring coming out around the same time as this... That's going to be an issue ;).

I did just sell a few old PS2 games out of my collection for way more than I ever thought possible, so maybe I'll splurge and get myself a $100 Xbox gift card from Costco for $90, and with that buy both Elden Ring ($60) and Witch King ($40).  Just need to decide if I want to splurge more for that Deluxe Edition.  If I do, I have to maintain discipline to not spend 100's of hours on each season - it may just be best for me not to get the season passes...

Bungie released a pretty meaty TWAB out into the wild:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50995

There is a lot going on in here, but they talk a little bit about:

• Weapon crafting
  • Weapon tuning (+40% damage buff against minors for exotic weapons that use primary ammo will be NICE)
  • MOAR weapon stuff
  • A mention of the Year of the Tiger Eververse stuff (the Ghost Shell is probably going to be mine)

It's definitely worth a read, although they didn't mention anything about the Orb generation mods that are going on helmets and how that pertains to weapons, I guess other than the tangential statement that Masterworking a weapon won't be as important anymore.

I was looking for an old bookmark on obsolete Internet Explorer and found this which I totally forgot about.  One of my old raid crew was streaming for a bit way back when (7 years ago to be exact) and a few videos of us doing the Crota raid are still up.

If anyone has time to kill and wants to watch a dysfunctional raid group that eventually gets it done, here you go:

There's also an older (and longer) run on there if you go to the channel:

Foxy and The Boys: Dark Below 12-22 Run 2 Part 1 - Twitch

Foxy and The Boys: Dark Below 12-22 Run 2 Part 2 - Twitch

For some reason I'm playing as a Hunter on this raid, which probably makes it our third run of the week ;).

I was looking for an old bookmark on obsolete Internet Explorer and found this which I totally forgot about. One of my old raid crew was streaming for a bit way back when (7 years ago to be exact) and a few videos of us doing the Crota raid are still up.

If anyone has time to kill and wants to watch a dysfunctional raid group that eventually gets it done, here you go:

There's also an older (and longer) run on there if you go to the channel:

Foxy and The Boys: Dark Below 12-22 Run 2 Part 1 - Twitch

Foxy and The Boys: Dark Below 12-22 Run 2 Part 2 - Twitch

For some reason I'm playing as a Hunter on this raid, which probably makes it our third run of the week ;).
I've never run this raid, so watching it on silent I didn't learn all that much about it. However, I can see why some people in the community want to bring it back as a dungeon instead of a raid. With two more dungeons being added to the game with this expansion, I wouldn't be surprised to see it make a return.

I've never run this raid, so watching it on silent I didn't learn all that much about it. However, I can see why some people in the community want to bring it back as a dungeon instead of a raid. With two more dungeons being added to the game with this expansion, I wouldn't be surprised to see it make a return.
The first part is dark and confusing and there's holes everywhere. We did this blind on day 1 of the raid - no Internet hints or anything because everyone was new to it then. That was fun. Like I said before, we spent hours on it and we got to Crota, but couldn't quite beat him. Back then you needed raid gear to level up so all of us were a bit too weak on that first attempt. Plus of course we had to figure out all the mechanics.

I just watched the beginning of this video and while we had done the raid already, I think we were still figuring stuff out - like finding the chests, at least one of which was hidden behind doors on the edges of that opening area. I barely remember what we were doing, even watching the video. I think you needed to go from lamp to lamp and discharge that purple aura that was building up. Though I think all it did was slow you down and make it hard to jump. Meanwhile you are swarmed with thrall. I do know that we were able to breeze through this part in later runs - I think 1 or 2 people were able to sprint ahead to the end and finish it quickly.

Start watching the first video around 16:00 if you want to watch us progress through like you are supposed to (though we wipe one more time after that too). The whole part before that is everyone off looking for chests I think (and dying a lot). At the end of that section you have to charge up a plate while knights with swords and ogres come after you (in addition to all the thrall). Then you have to run down a corridor while being chased. Only one of our guys made it that run, but that competed it for everyone else and pulled us forward.

What's amazing is that we later used this raid for the Flawless Raider achievement (which to this day is still pinned to the top of my activity feed), which was pretty nerve wracking (took several attempts). But it's funny to think of that when we died so much in this video. It's also silly that I didn't 100% my Destiny achievements while getting by far the hardest one. The only one I'm missing is some stupid one where you had to ring bells in the tower in a certain order and that never worked for me. But I see a lot of people missed that: it's at like 1.7%. (Flawless Raider was 1%).

I also don't think I heard myself once in that whole video. Those other guys were always so chatty so I usually kept quiet unless it was something important ;).

Watch this space for a ViDoc about Witch Queen, releasing tomorrow (2/8):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me7CuPcpWno

Got my platinum in Bloodborne and jumped back into Destiny last night to do the very fun task of... cleaning my vault.  Spent like an hour going through and checking things for god rolls and deleting them if not.  It kind of reminded me how much of a chore this game can be and turned me off getting the expansion, at least for now, We'll see...

Got my platinum in Bloodborne and jumped back into Destiny last night to do the very fun task of... cleaning my vault. Spent like an hour going through and checking things for god rolls and deleting them if not. It kind of reminded me how much of a chore this game can be and turned me off getting the expansion, at least for now, We'll see...
Ooooooh, you should have waited for the new season to launch. Banshee's new reputation system is going to (somehow) be reliant on the things that you dismantle.

But that being said, once you get more into weapon crafting (assuming Bungie goes big with it), you might still find more things to dismantle.

Ooooooh, you should have waited for the new season to launch. Banshee's new reputation system is going to (somehow) be reliant on the things that you dismantle.

But that being said, once you get more into weapon crafting (assuming Bungie goes big with it), you might still find more things to dismantle.
Well, I needed room to get new stuff, so not much choice. There's always stuff to dismantle in this game anyway ;). But I hadn't gone through my other two characters yet - so I will hold off on those I guess. I did free up like 50+ vault spaces, which is more than I've had in years.

From what I understood about the new weapons is that with their new extra perk they will be preferable to most of the old ones. For the most part I got rid of 1060 capped stuff.

Here is the Witch Queen launch trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYM7KDrx_Ho

Don't forget that this is the last weekly reset before the launch of the new expansion/season, so if you've been waiting to wrap up this season's story line the final mission should be available at reset.

Although we were told not to expect any more beefy TWABs, tomorrow's is looking to be pretty beefy.

We're almost done with this season and lots of stuff is going away on reset next week. Is there anything anyone still wants to knock out?

Although we were told not to expect any more beefy TWABs, tomorrow's is looking to be pretty beefy.

We're almost done with this season and lots of stuff is going away on reset next week. Is there anything anyone still wants to knock out?
I'd appreciate a summary of what I should be getting rid of. I know gunsmith materials. Anything else? I reduced mine from like 1900 to 1500 and that was tedious - having to check all the perks on what I get back. And then of course dismantling those gives you more materials back!

I'd appreciate a summary of what I should be getting rid of. I know gunsmith materials. Anything else? I reduced mine from like 1900 to 1500 and that was tedious - having to check all the perks on what I get back. And then of course dismantling those gives you more materials back!
Here is a list of everything that is going away when the next season/expansion/year starts:

https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/4408012728084

Here are the currencies that are going away:

• Gunsmith Materials and Weapon Telemetries -- If for nothing else than to gain Legendary Shards and maybe a decent weapon roll or two. If you have a lot of Weapon Telemetries, this will be a pain. :razz:
  • Etheric Spiral -- Chances are Rahool will have a very unfavorable exchange rate for Etheric Spiral when he takes over Spider's store duties, so you can probably keep them if you would rather. I'm probably going to watch Spider to see if he will exchange Etheric Spiral for Legendary Shards or some other planetary material.
  • Season activity currency:
    Season of the Hunt -- Recon Data at The Crow on The Tangled Shore
  • Season of the Chosen -- Hammer charges in the Hammer of Proving
  • Season of the Splicer -- Key Codes in the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data for focusing Umbral Engrams and Corrupted Key Codes in the Corrupted Expunge mission (THE BEST farm for high stat armor in the game)
  • Season of the Lost -- Parallax Trajectory for focusing Umbral Engrams.

Some to-do's:

• You'll want to complete any Triumphs that have to do with The Tangled Shore or the MMXXI Title if you so desire.
  • Make sure to claim all the rank-up rewards at all vendors because they will all go away.
  • Make sure to finish any rank resets or rank-ups because the reputation for all vendors will be reset. Don't forget that this week is double reputation for Crucible (Iron Banner is in town, so also no Trials of Osiris this weekend).
  • I recommend saving a few weekly and daily (but not repeatable) bounties for a quick boost of XP at the beginning of the new Season. This will help with the early unlocks of mods in the seasonal artifact.
  • Make sure to un-equip any seasonal mod from your armor as they will be going away. In the past there have been issues with still having them equipped and Bungie has since learned that lesson, but it wouldn't hurt to be proactive.
  • Several of the top-end Ghost Shell mods will be going away at the end of the season (all of the mods that mention that they are fragile). We will presumably be able to re-acquire them again, but who knows. It's best to equip the tier of said mods just below the highest so you can still benefit from the mods.
  • Make sure to claim any Title that you've earned but haven't actually claimed yet.
  • Traditionally, all access to the Destiny API will be disabled for the first day or so, so make sure to have the gear you want on your main character before the end of the season.
  • MAKE SURE TO DO ALL OF THIS BEFORE 7PM MONDAY NIGHT (2/21/22) BECAUSE THERE IS A 14-HOUR DOWNTIME EXPECTED, WHICH WILL END AT RESET ON TUESDAY.

If you thought my last post was more than light reading, then you should try and compare it to the season's last TWAB:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51091

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/suwfgf/this_week_at_bungie_2172022/

Highlights:

• Gambit stuff, and lots of it.
    Freelance!  YES
  • Gambit Labs with potential variations of the game mode
  • Gambit Engram focusing, similar to Saint-14

[*]Ritual activity loot pool changes (most engrams will now drop loot specific to that activity)
[*]A peak at the new Vanguard / Crucible / Gambit armor sets: 
JJ_Ritual_Armor_16-9.jpg
[*]A sneak peek at next season's Eververse ornaments:  
Eververse_Void_Armor_16-9.jpg
[*]High stat armor has been added back to the Season Pass.  This makes me think we won't have a lucrative source for high-stat armor anymore, but it was fun while it lasted.
[*]A new emblem for the Twitch Bounty.  They just released a new one mid-way through this season, but in my opinion that emblem and the one before it weren't that great.  THIS one is nice. 
d2_102_Emblem-Social_16-9.png
[*]Here's a quick schedule of the events leading up to the release and when they will happen:
  • February 21, 6:45 PM PST (0245 UTC): Destiny 2 is brought offline.
  • February 21, 7 PM (0300 UTC): Pre-load for Update 4.0.0.1 will be available on all platforms.
  • February 22, 9 AM (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought back online. Update 4.0.0.1 will be playable on all platforms and regions.
  • February 22, 10 AM (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to complete.

bread's done
Back