Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to do after I hit level 30. December seems so far away.
Yeah. I have my two Warlocks with all the gear they need. I am just going to keep playing for Raid Gauntlets since I use my Exotics and should have a full set of Raid in case I want to swap out my Exotics with future DLC. Then I am also just focusing on weapons and storing material so that I have it ready for the DLC. Plus I still need the Mythoclast, ugh.

This is why I started a new character though too. Already my Hunter is 27 but it is like I am 'hunting' for the armor all over again and I like that!

Anybody want to give me a hand with the weekly and daily strike tomorrow night around 10:00 PM EST? My gamertag is ajh2298 and I am a level 24 warlock.

Thanks,

I wish I got the Vex before they nurfed it. I still like it though. Kinda interested to see how long till they adjust it again.
Yeah that is exactly why I have been rushing my Hunter this weekend to get to a high level so I can have one 3rd attempt at getting it.

First hard I got the ship. Second I got the Helmet and the Sparrow. Now ideally the third I would get the Mythoclast : D haha but really I would be cool with even the Raid Helmet for my Hunter or hell even another Sparrow so I dont have to swap it between characters as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that is exactly why I have been rushing my Hunter this weekend to get to a high level so I can have one 3rd attempt at getting it.

First hard I got the ship. Second I got the Helmet and the Sparrow. Now ideally the third I would get the Mythoclast : D haha but really I would be cool with even the Raid Helmet for my Hunter or hell even another Sparrow so I dont have to swap it between characters as much.
I really should have created another character before they patched the Atheon glitch. But my first go through on hard netted me the Mythoclast, the Raid Helmet for my Warlock and the Sparrow.

I am curious to see how they buff up the Mythoclast in the coming weeks.

I dont understand why it cant just have slightly different stats between PvE and PvP. I am fine with weakening it in PvP, that makes sense but why such a heavy nerf on the PvE side? They are saying they need to find the perfect balance that works in both environments. I suppose from how it is programmed they may have to but still it just seems odd.

I am curious to see how they buff up the Mythoclast in the coming weeks.

I dont understand why it cant just have slightly different stats between PvE and PvP. I am fine with weakening it in PvP, that makes sense but why such a heavy nerf on the PvE side? They are saying they need to find the perfect balance that works in both environments. I suppose from how it is programmed they may have to but still it just seems odd.
Not sure why they can't utilize the pve specific damage modifiers e.g. "bonus damage to oracles" and segment it from there.

*Does moderate bonus damage to minions of the darkness

*Does significant bonus damage to.....etc

Oh, is that what "Does bonus damage to minions of the darkness" mean? That the buff applies to PVE but not PVP? Because that would make perfect sense. I thought that was supposed to be referring to a certain enemy faction, but was like, aren't they ALL minions of the darkness...?

I think the last update notes metioned them readjusting for PvE, or it might have been a news update. I forget.

No matter, it sounded like they would buff it again for PvE but leave it as-is for PvP.

On a separate note, did some crucible on my 2nd titan in order to knock out some bounties.  And shocked at how well I did using some basic A/R rifles that I was saving.

Guess I'm still hung up on thinking higher level gear is instantly better.  Also helps that I started leading with my gun instead of my head :lol:

I would love to get in on the raid tomorrow, but looks like Wednesday will be the earliest. Thursday for sure. Hopefully some people are still up for doing it because I like our crew more than randoms. ;)

Renegade Moose said:
I would love to get in on the raid tomorrow, but looks like Wednesday will be the earliest. Thursday for sure. Hopefully some people are still up for doing it because I like our crew more than randoms. ;)
I thought you were out of town this week?

In any case, I'll be up for the Raid again with my second character. I'd love to run them both through it with the CAG group, actually.

This is a crazy week for me though with lots of kid-related activities nearly every evening right in that sweet spot of 6-9 Pacific when you guys want to run the Raid. I'm pretty much completely free after 9-10 Pacific, but I know that is too late for most of you.

Are we trying for 6 Pacific / 9 Eastern Tuesday? Like I said, I have to be out of here by 7:30 but I figured an hour+ should be plenty for us to get to Atheon at least.

I did a run with randoms this weekend and it wasn't too bad, but it was not nearly as enjoyable and was way more stressful than running it with you guys. For one thing, they all ran off before the Gorgon part and I was completely lost. I just cannot easily find the exit to that area with the spirit bloom chest. I can't adjust the brightness on the TV I play on because the kids broke the original remote and the universal one we use for it doesn't access the menus ;). So, remember, guys, wait for me there!

Then in the Gorgon part people just started running off by themselves. It is amazing we managed to get through only getting spotted a couple of times. They were also sprinting and jumping all over which goes completely against what Broly taught us. So I had to do the same to keep up with them.

Then, finally, on the platform section I was left by myself for a while trying to get across (which was even harder with my Warlock than when I did it with you guys with my Titan).

In the actual vex/combat sections I was doing better than most, if not all, of them. Except when the whole team wiped I don't think I had a single death within the normal sections (Vex plates, Templar, and Atheon). At one point with Atheon I was the only guy left alive outside the portal and managed to regain control of a plate and open the portal despite being surrounded by Supplicants. That was like half way through killing Atheon and without that we'd have wiped.

FYI - One thing I learned about plate duty during the Atheon fight is that it is critical to take out the supplicants that are camped out at the other portal plate when you have nothing better to do. It makes it so much easier to transition to the other side if needed. That is what kept killing me the first time I did the Raid with you guys.

It was just unpleasant for me on the travelling/sneaking/jumping parts so even though it was easy to hook up with a random group, it's not something I want to do again if I can help it.

And of course I didn't get a single piece of Raid gear out of it for my Warlock: just an exotic and legendary rocket launcher. So the whole thing was more or less a waste of time, though it was nice to get Ghallajorn.

Anybody having network issues with this game. I get to play for awhile and than I get a random disconnect. They always have a code name after them like canary or zebra. I look up the code troubleshoot the issue than I have a disconnect again with another code word.

Speaking of Gorgons, I have a couple of interesting interactions:

A week ago, the leader of the group I was in decided to kill one... took a few tries but we did it.  Meant EVERYONE leading with RL's, specifically 2 shot RL's, then switch to your next best weapon and praying you do it fast enough :lol: .

Another group, from this past weekend, was doing the usual hide & seek, but kept failing because of a couple of idiots.  During one of the failures, a player and I stayed alive (don't know how).  Well, we run in front of the gorgon in order to die and restart. Damn thing wouldn't kill us.  So we both attacked.... using melee.  Took that sucker down with our fists :D/

[quote name="io" post="12173177" timestamp="1413847058"]I thought you were out of town this week?

In any case, I'll be up for the Raid again with my second character. I'd love to run them both through it with the CAG group, actually.

This is a crazy week for me though with lots of kid-related activities nearly every evening right in that sweet spot of 6-9 Pacific when you guys want to run the Raid. I'm pretty much completely free after 9-10 Pacific, but I know that is too late for most of you.

Are we trying for 6 Pacific / 9 Eastern Tuesday? Like I said, I have to be out of here by 7:30 but I figured an hour+ should be plenty for us to get to Atheon at least.

I did a run with randoms this weekend and it wasn't too bad, but it was not nearly as enjoyable and was way more stressful than running it with you guys. For one thing, they all ran off before the Gorgon part and I was completely lost. I just cannot easily find the exit to that area with the spirit bloom chest. I can't adjust the brightness on the TV I play on because the kids broke the original remote and the universal one we use for it doesn't access the menus ;). So, remember, guys, wait for me there!

Then in the Gorgon part people just started running off by themselves. It is amazing we managed to get through only getting spotted a couple of times. They were also sprinting and jumping all over which goes completely against what Broly taught us. So I had to do the same to keep up with them.

Then, finally, on the platform section I was left by myself for a while trying to get across (which was even harder with my Warlock than when I did it with you guys with my Titan).

In the actual vex/combat sections I was doing better than most, if not all, of them. Except when the whole team wiped I don't think I had a single death within the normal sections (Vex plates, Templar, and Atheon). At one point with Atheon I was the only guy left alive outside the portal and managed to regain control of a plate and open the portal despite being surrounded by Supplicants. That was like half way through killing Atheon and without that we'd have wiped.

FYI - One thing I learned about plate duty during the Atheon fight is that it is critical to take out the supplicants that are camped out at the other portal plate when you have nothing better to do. It makes it so much easier to transition to the other side if needed. That is what kept killing me the first time I did the Raid with you guys.

It was just unpleasant for me on the travelling/sneaking/jumping parts so even though it was easy to hook up with a random group, it's not something I want to do again if I can help it.

And of course I didn't get a single piece of Raid gear out of it for my Warlock: just an exotic and legendary rocket launcher. So the whole thing was more or less a waste of time, though it was nice to get Ghallajorn.[/quote]
Plans changed slightly. I'll be gone tomorrow night but on my way back Wednesday. Just a matter of what time I get back... I guess I could bring my Xbox with but I don't think hotel wifi would be very beneficial to my experience. I don't know what Noah's Ark of error messages I'd be getting then.

For the labyrinth it definitely makes a difference if you lead. I've done it a few times following and I think I may have it stuck in my head finally after leading.

I'm assuming everyone has already done it, but if anyone still needs to do Nightfall on one of their characters, I am looking to do it tonight.

I have an exotic weapon bounty that requires 200 fusion rifle kills during the Nightfall raid. I have been dropping in the raid solo and getting kills but have not been getting credit for them toward the bounty. Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name="ajh2298" post="12173395" timestamp="1413852884"]I have an exotic weapon bounty that requires 200 fusion rifle kills during the Nightfall raid. I have been dropping in the raid solo and getting kills but have not been getting credit for them toward the bounty. Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]
I had a few friends do it solo, but you need to go into the nightfall not the raid. It will be on the left side of the map when you open it in orbit or on top if you go to the strike play lists.

I have an exotic weapon bounty that requires 200 fusion rifle kills during the Nightfall raid. I have been dropping in the raid solo and getting kills but have not been getting credit for them toward the bounty. Am I doing something wrong?
I understand it as killing Nightfall enemies. In other words, the baddies that are in the respawning restricted areas instead of the ones that are out on your way to the restriction areas.

aFrostyONE said:
I understand it as killing Nightfall enemies. In other words, the baddies that are in the respawning restricted areas instead of the ones that are out on your way to the restriction areas.
I dunno. But I just looked that one up and it looks like besides Super Good Advice it is the only one that doesn't require Crucible stuff. I might just give this a shot when I get another exotic bounty. I've bailed on my last 4 or 5 after getting 2 Super Good Advice - which I never use any more.

I wish I has known about this one or I would have taken it the last time I got one.

One thing I read says you maybe have to kill the level 28 enemies. So if you are just killing the regular mobs on the way to the strike, maybe that doesn't count.

(Edit: Hah, lots of answers written while I was looking stuff up - yeah, that seems to be the problem then - you need to be in the actual Strike portion with the high-level enemies)

Oh ok that makes sense. Crap that sucks I didn't think it was going to be that bad to do until now.

Finally got my Hunter to Level 29. I do not really want to think of what I have to do to get him to 30.  First thing is to actually get to run the raid.

Finally got my Hunter to Level 29. I do not really want to think of what I have to do to get him to 30. First thing is to actually get to run the raid.
I recommend reddit/fireteams or destinylfg, both are pretty good

Okay so I will be on to do the raid tomorrow with my friend non ducor. Assuming we have io/chubby/simo? If any of you are on early I will probably try to run the nightfall. And moose we are definitely doing it again with our alts later in the week so got youu

I recommend reddit/fireteams or destinylfg, both are pretty good

Okay so I will be on to do the raid tomorrow with my friend non ducor. Assuming we have io/chubby/simo? If any of you are on early I will probably try to run the nightfall. And moose we are definitely doing it again with our alts later in the week so got you
I should be on around 8:30 eastern and am down to do nightfall and raid tomorrow

I definitely want to run the Nightfall. I'll see if I can get on around 5-5:30 my time. It is so nice to have that bonus for Vanguard level and marks and Cryptarch level. It seems like with the bonus, the stuff the Cryptarch gives you for leveling up gets you at least 1/4 the way to the next level.

I finished story mode with my Hunter and am now at level 17. As soon as I get to 20 I have 2 legendary and an exotic piece of armor to put on. So that character ought to be VoG-ready pretty soon as well and then I have 3 I can take through ;).

[quote name="io" post="12174073" timestamp="1413879332"]I definitely want to run the Nightfall. I'll see if I can get on around 5-5:30 my time. It is so nice to have that bonus for Vanguard level and marks and Cryptarch level. It seems like with the bonus, the stuff the Cryptarch gives you for leveling up gets you at least 1/4 the way to the next level.

I finished story mode with my Hunter and am now at level 17. As soon as I get to 20 I have 2 legendary and an exotic piece of armor to put on. So that character ought to be VoG-ready pretty soon as well and then I have 3 I can take through ;).[/quote]

For people running nightfall you can use the same strategy as Xyor to solo it. Arc damage is the modifier this week.

Damnnnnnn

So I REALLY wanted to cheese Atheon one last time on hard before the patch and so I power leveled my lowly Hunter up to 20 and then threw on an exotic helmet and legendary gauntlets and then did the nightfall (scored another exotic hunter helmet haha) and heroic and a shit ton of strikes to get my Vanguard to Rank 2 and then I bought a legendary chest and so I was just at 27. We cheesed him AND I GOT THE MYTHOCLAST mwahahah oh man. Now my Warlock is set! Only thing I need is Raid Gauntlets but I already can hit 30 without them since I have my Exotic ones but it would be nice to have.

Also, I have about 10 awesome primary weapons, 5 of which I regularly use now. Suros, Hard Light, Vex Mythoclast, Vision of Confluence and then Atheon's Epilogue. My secondaries however are limited to Ice Breaker and my random FWC Shotgun. Then Heavy weapons I just have Hezen Vengeance (which is my favorite legendary rocket anyway) and then the Truth. With that though then I totally need a new legendary sniper because I can't use my exotic primaries and then Ice Breaker and my shotgun is only decent, nothing compared to the other shotguns. So in the coming weeks I am really hoping to score Praedyth's Revenge or however you spell the Raid Sniper.

And on a crazy awesome note. My buddy powered his 3rd character up in the 11th hour and needed his character run through normal late last night and so we plowed him through in 40 minutes without any sort of cheesing or anything. Kicker was, there was only 5 of us and one of them was 27! Hahah I love my main team, we just destroy that Raid!!! : DDDDD

What is everyone's top wish of what they can get this week?

With that though then I totally need a new legendary sniper because I can't use my exotic primaries and then Ice Breaker and my shotgun is only decent, nothing compared to the other shotguns. So in the coming weeks I am really hoping to score Praedyth's Revenge or however you spell the Raid Sniper.
I got the Praedyth's Revenge and its awesome lol.

If anybody needs a level 25 warlock to be cannon fodder for the daily, weekly, or nightfall strikes I will be on around 10:00 PM estt.

GT-ajh2298

I'm in for something tonight. About 9:15 EST. I'd love to get a raid started or at least the nightfall knocked out.

its Tuesday and I'm working from home tomorrow.....time for a night of bad decisions. :D

I did the raid last night with randoms and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Most of the guys hadn't done it before but we still managed to get everything done but the final boss. I didn't get anything good though, only some materials and the legendary shotgun Found Victim.  I just need the raid gauntlets and I'll be able to hit 30.

I'll be on tonight if anybody needs another for the raid or nightfall strike.

I finished story mode with my Hunter and am now at level 17. As soon as I get to 20 I have 2 legendary and an exotic piece of armor to put on. So that character ought to be VoG-ready pretty soon as well and then I have 3 I can take through ;).
You got me beat. Still haven't finished the story missions on any of my 3 guardians.

Never mind that I've played all the missions (mostly out of order) from various strikes, Queen's bounties, etc. Just finished Venus last night and played one Mission on Mars; charging the gatelord's eye. Only pushed that far just to take care of the bounty, which had me kill the boss at the end of the mission :D .

The really good news is that I can freely travel to Mars now, to farm Relic Iron. No more waiting for a daily/weekly mission to pop up.

I did the raid last night with randoms and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Most of the guys hadn't done it before but we still managed to get everything done but the final boss. I didn't get anything good though, only some materials and the legendary shotgun Found Victim. I just need the raid gauntlets and I'll be able to hit 30.

I'll be on tonight if anybody needs another for the raid or nightfall strike.
Most of the random groups I've been in have been good too... but I've been in a couple of stinkers to.

The bad ones were bad because a couple of players wouldn't listen to advice and would go off to do their own thing. This can also happen with a group of friends... but at least you can shame those friends into paying attention :twisted:

BrolyB593 said:
What is everyone's top wish of what they can get this week?
I just need those damn gauntlets for my Titan so I can get to 30. That's all I want!

I'll be on around 5pm to do the Nightfall and then hopefully we can start up a Raid around 6 (Pacific time).

So... did Bungie officially cut the cheese (Atheon)???

Been looking online but haven't seen much talk yet other than the expectation of it happening.  Figured someone would've tried already.

Okay, hit level 18 today! Now I can start getting Vanguard marka and stuff correct? What do I need to do to start getting the good stuff haha? Any links to stuff I should read up on? Thanks for the help guys! Been enjoying reading about your adventures

Only One Haze said:
Okay, hit level 18 today! Now I can start getting Vanguard marka and stuff correct? What do I need to do to start getting the good stuff haha? Any links to stuff I should read up on? Thanks for the help guys! Been enjoying reading about your adventures
Get yourself to level 20 and to Vanguard level 2 via the bounties.

Also do the Strike playlists and find public events to earn Vanguard marks. You can use those (once you are level 2 I think) to buy legendary gear from the Vanguards. Even if you just get green or blue engram from the strikes that is OK because you will need lots of armor/weapon parts for upgrading later. Plus any engrams you decrypt will earn you points with the Cryptarch. When you level up with him you have a chance to get good stuff.

Save up coins/motes for Xur on the weekend as he often has exotic armor. You should grab one of those ASAP.

Sweet, thanks!

Went through and added some of you as friends. Look forward to running the strikes and stuff later when I get leveled up.

I wanted to but I think we need to start the Raid soon.

I was in a party with Gott and couldn't hear anything so I rebooted my system. Hopefully it works next time.

Garbage PoS Microsoft Xbox One. I can't hear anyone in a party, and I keep getting booted from the Party and games. I managed to get in one story mission with Gott and finish it (after getting disconnected the initial time I joined). Now trying to join you guys on the Raid and I got into the Tower for 1 minute, then got booted to orbit. And I could never hear anyone. Nothing is muted. I turned off the system and will try it again after I eat dinner.

Piece of crap system :bomb:.

Edit: I got back on and was able to do the Strike playlist with no problem. If only those didn't bore me to tears now after doing them 100 times. I tried to join your party a few times and it shows me talking (circle lights up) but I didn't see any of you talking. If you guys could hear me let me know - or did it even show that I joined? If I went back in to Destiny and then back to the Party I wasn't in it any more. I see nothing about this sort of problem online. I made sure my NAT was still open (I hadn't changed it from 2 days ago when this all worked fine anyway).

Other people in my house are able to watch Netflix, play Terraria online, and get email and surf the web just fine (like me here on CAG). So I don't know WTF is the problem but it is damn frustrating.

Were you guys sending me invites prior to the Raid? If so, I never saw them. Something very odd is going on.

I was so looking forward to doing the Raid too. This has really soured me on the game. I have better things to do with my time than screw around with system and network settings to get something to work that should work (and was working) already.

They were still doing it last time I checked. But since I was (and probably still am) having some sort of general connection issues I didn't do it.

I still want to run the Nightfall at least if anyone is up for that after the Raid. Post here or send me a PM and I'll hop on - maybe with an invite it will work. I dunno...

we were trying to cheese on hard. i was the only warlock and had to do it with no mic so it took an hour. we came close 3 times before that but he glitched on the edge and stood on air like he was vex jesus. 

Garbage PoS Microsoft Xbox One. I can't hear anyone in a party, and I keep getting booted from the Party and games. I managed to get in one story mission with Gott and finish it (after getting disconnected the initial time I joined). Now trying to join you guys on the Raid and I got into the Tower for 1 minute, then got booted to orbit. And I could never hear anyone. Nothing is muted. I turned off the system and will try it again after I eat dinner.

Piece of crap system :bomb:.

Edit: I got back on and was able to do the Strike playlist with no problem. If only those didn't bore me to tears now after doing them 100 times. I tried to join your party a few times and it shows me talking (circle lights up) but I didn't see any of you talking. If you guys could hear me let me know - or did it even show that I joined? If I went back in to Destiny and then back to the Party I wasn't in it any more. I see nothing about this sort of problem online. I made sure my NAT was still open (I hadn't changed it from 2 days ago when this all worked fine anyway).

Other people in my house are able to watch Netflix, play Terraria online, and get email and surf the web just fine (like me here on CAG). So I don't know WTF is the problem but it is damn frustrating.

Were you guys sending me invites prior to the Raid? If so, I never saw them. Something very odd is going on.

I was so looking forward to doing the Raid too. This has really soured me on the game. I have better things to do with my time than screw around with system and network settings to get something to work that should work (and was working) already.
yea you kept joining and leaving and we were trying to talk to you for a while. we waited about 15-20 min while sending you invites to see if it got fixed

we were trying to cheese on hard. i was the only warlock and had to do it with no mic so it took an hour. we came close 3 times before that but he glitched on the edge and stood on air like he was vex jesus.
You did awesome man, thanks for taking me along for the ride. I got Atheon's epilogue and the ship.

I ran the raid on normal with my buddies earlier tonight and got a chestpiece and I got the gauntlets last week. I have a couple exotic Hunter helms, so now I just need some boots.

gotdott said:
yea you kept joining and leaving and we were trying to talk to you for a while. we waited about 15-20 min while sending you invites to see if it got fixed
OK, if you were sending me invites I didn't see a single one of them.

So Atheon is still cheesable, eh? I guess it is on till next week - assuming the game ever works for me that is.

But regardless, what the hell is going on with my system/conection?

I'm able to play strikes and patrol and such and I see other people there. It's like I'm back to the first few weeks when I had the game and could do that stuff but couldn't join fireteams until I opened my router's NAT up. I did that and I tonight I reset it and checked it and it is still open.

Crap. Maybe I'll try putting the X1 on wireless which goes against everything I believe in (wired connections have always been better for me) and see what happens. Blah...

Yeah, I even did the multiplayer connection test on the Xbox One and it says everything is great. The only thing left is that there was some sort of change at my ISP that happened in the last 2 days. If it continues I'll have to contact them but I know even if there is a problem there it is unlikely they'd be able or willing to help.

I finally got my Hunter to level 20 and then made an instant jump to 24 1/2 after I put on all the gear I had collected for a Hunter. I still need a helm too (using a blue now).

But... I will lose interest in this game super quick if I can't do anything but patrol and matchmaking (basic strikes and the Vanguard strikes).

Edit: I've already lost interest in checking out the Daily. What's the point if I can't play with other people to get the good gear? Usually I'd get on after 2am and maybe run through it with 2 of my characters. Tonight I'm going to play Persona 4 before bed instead ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back