Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low 20's would be pretty rough for the Raid. You want to be at least 26-27 before you attempt it. Since I now have THREE characters to run through it and I missed the main group yesterday I might be up for it if you need some help. That is, assuming my connection issues are sorted out today. I'm afraid to check.
Oh, for sure. Our plan now is to grind through the next week until we're at least 26. I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position, since we would prefer to play with a team who has never done the raid before.

Anytime today.
I could tonight.

Edit: I should be available after 7:00 central. GT Renegade Moose

I wasn't lucky getting my boots last night so either I get lucky and get them from Atheon or try the run on hard. I've never done it on hard, but if anybody wants to give it a go let me know. Now that I know how to push the templar off as well that should make things a little easier. As long as the Vex don't get too overwhelming or the hobgoblins during the oracles... Ok, maybe it still wouldn't be easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do we have anyone interested in cheesing HM Atheon tonight? If so, list your times avail tonight and gamertag.
if you guys want to carry my hunter i can come and look pretty :whistle2:

I could tonight.

Edit: I should be available after 7:00 central. GT Renegade Moose

I wasn't lucky getting my boots last night so either I get lucky and get them from Atheon or try the run on hard. I've never done it on hard, but if anybody wants to give it a go let me know. Now that I know how to push the templar off as well that should make things a little easier. As long as the Vex don't get too overwhelming or the hobgoblins during the oracles... Ok, maybe it still wouldn't be easy.
well... it's getting to the templar that's the hard part. those confluxes are rough man.

[quote name="gotdott" post="12179653" timestamp="1414083645"]if you guys want to carry my hunter i can come and look pretty :whistle2:

well... it's getting to the templar that's the hard part. those confluxes are rough man.[/quote]
Sure, put all the pressure on me to push him again. ;)
My friend from last night might jump in too to hopefully get some stuff since he had to leave early. Not war machine, though. I don't think I want to raid with him again...

[quote name="Renegade Moose" post="12179673" timestamp="1414083838"]Sure, put all the pressure on me to push him again. ;)My friend from last night might jump in too to hopefully get some stuff since he had to leave early. Not war machine, though. I don't think I want to raid with him again...[/quote]
Isn't War Machine in jail? :O

Sure, put all the pressure on me to push him again. ;) My friend from last night might jump in too to hopefully get some stuff since he had to leave early. Not war machine, though. I don't think I want to raid with him again...
well as long as there's more than one warlock and you guys have mics** it should be fine - if you guys are planning to cheese him before the time shift anyway.

and lol no comment on your war machine friend

[quote name="gotdott" post="12179680" timestamp="1414084208"]well as long as there's more than one warlock and you guys have mics** it should be fine - if you guys are planning to cheese him before the time shift anyway.

and lol no comment on your war machine friend[/quote]
He was the only person I didn't know. I think he was a random sarge met earlier. I would have gladly booted him for any other cag if they were available.

I really need to get an Xbox One to join all these raids.  Started my Titan last night and got my Warlock to 26.  So now I have a 29 Hunter, 26 Warlock and a 6 Titan.  I never thought I would try to get all 3 of the Subclass achievements but I guess I am now.

[quote name="Ryuukishi" post="12179711" timestamp="1414085183"]Right? :lol: Seems like everyone's raiding on Xbone. Are there even 6 of us who play on 360?[/quote]
Well, that sounds like a perfectly valid reason to upgrade to me... ;)

I still play on 360 sometimes if you are ever looking for someone.

You can't get rewards for finishing just the end part of the raid on the same character can you?  Since I finished the end boss on hard I'd have to play the other parts of the raid to get rewards for those points correct?  Or use a different character?  The raid progress on the destiny website is a bit confusing.  shows the first of 4 'progress' blocks filled for me. 

I still play on 360 sometimes if you are ever looking for someone.

You can't get rewards for finishing just the end part of the raid on the same character can you? Since I finished the end boss on hard I'd have to play the other parts of the raid to get rewards for those points correct? Or use a different character? The raid progress on the destiny website is a bit confusing. shows the first of 4 'progress' blocks filled for me.
You can get rewards from both running through normal and hard. Not chests though iirc

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the thread but I did read this last post by got.

Yes all 4 Raid Chests are once per week regardless of difficulty, the 5th Spirit Bloom one I dont remember if that can get two times but it doesnt really matter haha. And then the rewards are SUPPOSED to be able to get once per checkpoint per difficulty per character.

I have seen I believe 3 times now where we cheese Atheon on Hard and THEN GO BACK to normal and those people did not get anything for beating Atheon on normal then. It is likely a glitch but I have seen it happen three times so to be safe I beat normal before I attempt hard on any of my characters.

Also big thanks to io who saved my ass the other night! I was running the Nightfall with my buddy but I was using my low level hunter class and I was trying to level up armor and guns on top of that so I was useless and my buddy and I got pinned down and died multiple times but io came into the game last minute and saved our ass multiple times. It was pretty intense hahah

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the thread but I did read this last post by got.

Yes all 4 Raid Chests are once per week regardless of difficulty, the 5th Spirit Bloom one I dont remember if that can get two times but it doesnt really matter haha. And then the rewards are SUPPOSED to be able to get once per checkpoint per difficulty per character.

I have seen I believe 3 times now where we cheese Atheon on Hard and THEN GO BACK to normal and those people did not get anything for beating Atheon on normal then. It is likely a glitch but I have seen it happen three times so to be safe I beat normal before I attempt hard on any of my characters.

Also big thanks to io who saved my ass the other night! I was running the Nightfall with my buddy but I was using my low level hunter class and I was trying to level up armor and guns on top of that so I was useless and my buddy and I got pinned down and died multiple times but io came into the game last minute and saved our ass multiple times. It was pretty intense hahah
You should get double drops if you do hard first no?

[quote name="Ryuukishi" post="12179804" timestamp="1414087546"]Unfortunately I have this whole other person who lives in the house with me, and has her own ideas about certain $500 purchases. :p[/quote]
It has Dance Central. What's the problem? :D

GLOCKGLOCK said:
As for joining games, shouldn't I be able to join anyone on my friends list in a game if they have an open spot? I was trying to join the game with Dragon & io but everywhere I tried to join from was greyed out, from the party, from the profile page, from the in-game menu . This was even when there was that little icon next to their name in game that I thought meant it was 'joinable'. I checked some others and I could jump right in with no issue.
I hope it isn't me and my multiplayer/Party chat connection issues that is causing problems like that. At this point I have no idea what to do about it except a sure-to-be frustrating attempt to contact Microsoft support. They will just tell me all the stuff I already know/tried.

defiance_17 said:
Oh, for sure. Our plan now is to grind through the next week until we're at least 26. I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position, since we would prefer to play with a team who has never done the raid before.
Well, I have a new character that is level 24 1/2 and has not gone through it. It certainly helps to have someone who knows what is going on when doing the Raid.

Fearia said:
So, do we have anyone interested in cheesing HM Atheon tonight? If so, list your times avail tonight and gamertag.
Yes, but I'm not available until after 9pm Pacific. Actually, I am available before that as well: as early as 5pm Pacific. I just need to be gone from 8-9:15 or so. If we are just cheesing and all I need to do is hide, I don't need the Party chat thing to be working. I'd like to get in on that at least especially if I can't do a full Raid.

CAGkrazy said:
Yup. Posted there as well. This isnt xbox exclusive thread eventhough it certainly got taken over by xbox peeps and some people dont know that the other thread exist so i posted here.
But as someone else posted this one is in the 360/Xbox One forum. I was just pointing out to you that it is probably useless to ask people in this thread to join you on PS4. You are way more likely to get a response in that other thread. As for general discussion of the game such as Raid strategies and whatnot, of course it doesn't matter which thread you post in. I read the other one too to see what is going on with those guys.

I can be on in about 15 minutes.

Edit: I lose again - it was full... This week has sucked for Raids for me.

I'm off now but can hop back on if anybody is cheesing... Fearia - when were you going to run it?

gotdott said:
i am doing the nightfall if anyone needs - we are at the boss
Would have hopped in with my Hunter if I saw this in time. Maybe I'll get on now and see what is going on...

Beat hard with some friends, moose, and a random. I now have every weapon the raid offers plus the ship. Oh yeah 5 chedder white. If anyone needs help let me know be happy to help.

Fearia said:
Later tonight. Maybe in a half hour? Just finishing up date night now with some American Horror with the wife
You are just cheesing the end, right? At this point I will only have an hour.

I still can't seem to connect to Party chat, but if you just use the fireteam chat that seems to work fine.

I'm so sick of this game. I got booted to orbit ("you have left the fire team") while I was doing nothing.

So, so, fucking sick of this.

I managed to do the Heroic Weekly with Gott earlier but I got booted like 3 times and had to keep reconnecting. Then I was on patrol with him and Simo and got booted yet again. And I couldn't hear anyone the whole time.

I've done the detailed check of NAT settings and everything is as it should be. There is no reason for any of this.

In any case, all the people who would do it with us were all in Weekly strikes and such. So I guess I miss out again since I have to leave soon. If you want to try it after 9:15 Pacific I'll be back then.

Fearia - sorry, the game booted me with a "pineapple" error right in mid-chat there. So I turned off the system in disgust ;). I'll be back on at 9:15 or so Pacific if anyone is down with trying the normal Raid or something. I was able to talk with Fearia for the short time I was connected - it was just via fire team chat (NO stupid Party).

I'm trying to set up port forwarding according to an Xbox One support page but I'm finding one of the ports is in use - could be my son playing on Steam. When he's done I'll see if maybe that is the problem (though he wasn't playing it earlier when I was having issues). (Turns out it was my Network attached storage drive that I use to watch movies on the PS3 - I reset that so all the ports are for the X1, we'll see what that does).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Really all this sort of crap shouldn't be necessary... This pretty much takes away one of the advantages of console gaming over PC gaming!

[quote name="io" post="12180921" timestamp="1414117424"]I'm so sick of this game. I got booted to orbit ("you have left the fire team") while I was doing nothing.

So, so, fucking sick of this.

I managed to do the Heroic Weekly with Gott earlier but I got booted like 3 times and had to keep reconnecting. Then I was on patrol with him and Simo and got booted yet again. And I couldn't hear anyone the whole time.

I've done the detailed check of NAT settings and everything is as it should be. There is no reason for any of this.

In any case, all the people who would do it with us were all in Weekly strikes and such. So I guess I miss out again since I have to leave soon. If you want to try it after 9:15 Pacific I'll be back then.

Fearia - sorry, the game booted me with a "pineapple" error right in mid-chat there. So I turned off the system in disgust ;). I'll be back on at 9:15 or so Pacific if anyone is down with trying the normal Raid or something. I was able to talk with Fearia for the short time I was connected - it was just via fire team chat (NO stupid Party).

I'm trying to set up port forwarding according to an Xbox One support page but I'm finding one of the ports is in use - could be my son playing on Steam. When he's done I'll see if maybe that is the problem (though he wasn't playing it earlier when I was having issues). (Turns out it was my Network attached storage drive that I use to watch movies on the PS3 - I reset that so all the ports are for the X1, we'll see what that does).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Really all this sort of crap shouldn't be necessary... This pretty much takes away one of the advantages of console gaming over PC gaming![/quote]
If your router supports upnp I would turn that on. It saves on the headache of Port forwarding. Especially if you are running other Xboxes or something else that may use the port. I was having issues trying to join gotdott's fireteam as well so I'm sure maintenance on Bungie's end isn't helping your situation.

Renegade Moose said:
If your router supports upnp I would turn that on. It saves on the headache of Port forwarding. Especially if you are running other Xboxes or something else that may use the port. I was having issues trying to join gotdott's fireteam as well so I'm sure maintenance on Bungie's end isn't helping your situation.
That was on - I had to reset that to get the network attached drive to let go of port 80 so I could set it up for just the X1. This may very well do nothing. I mean, everything was rock solid for me last week - almost no drops and I did the Raid for 2+ hours twice.

There are the in-game disconnects that may very well be Bungie's problem. But the fact that I haven't been able to join a Party since last weekend is a little troubling. I suppose I should try it completely outside of the game. I might get on in a minute and just try to invite whoever is on to see if that works at all.

Xur is down by the Vanguard people again. His weapon is Suros Regime which seems pointless now that I have legendary primaries with elemental damage. Is there supposed to be something really good about it? It seems like people talk about it a lot.

He does have a really nice chest armor piece for a Titan. I'm tempted to get that for 13 coins considering that I have like 41 now. But then I'd need to get the Raid helm and that seems unlikely at this point unless someone has a hard mode cheese save ready for this week.

I switched my X1 to use wireless. That seems counterintuitive since wired is nearly always better. But I do have 2 switches in between it and the router, while the wireless is direct to the router. I ran the Daily (which is the archive - seems like we just had that or maybe that was for a bounty) and then did a bunch of patrols and had a flawless connection the whole time (never booted to orbit at least). But I didn't try any invites/Party chat so we'll see.

Earlier in the evening I tried to get into a raid via that web site I mentioned earlier. Apparently several people tried to invite me but I don't get invites any more it seems. That was before I switched it over to wireless. We'll see if that works Friday night as I may try it again then. I won't be able to get on at all before 9 or 10 Pacific though so I'm guessing I'll have to run with randoms.

I do want to try inviting one of you (ie, someone I know) to a Party and see if that works so maybe I'll hop on briefly earlier and invite whoever I see from here. It would just be to test things.

I think I will buy that Suros Regime just for PvP since I do not have a good Auto rifle.  The Titan chest is nice also. I may buy that because the helm I have is more for a Defender Titan.  I really hope at some point they allow us to use all our exotics but I am sure that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back