Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wrapped that up just in time. I had to run out the door to help my wife take the kids to swimming lessons. I barely avoided making her mad ;).

Nice, Broly - Fatebringer was great on the Nightfall the last two weeks (and even the weekly this week). I never really used Hand Cannons before but I like that one.

I just got 3 shards and 6 energy. Oh well... My Hunter will have to wait another week for a chance at one of those 2 last Raid gear pieces. Funny, I've gotten the hard mode helm but not two of the regular pieces.

I'll have to check the lists again but I think I've gotten every single weapon and non-armor item from the Raid. I just need the cuirass and boots for the Hunter and the helm for my Warlock.

I still have the Hard Oracles checkpoint on my Titan. If anyone wants to run that later in the week let me know. I won't get anything new out of it, so I'd actually root for materials in that case - might as well stock up for the new gear coming with the DLC. I suppose there's a chance of getting armor with a better roll (or stat emphasis) than what I already have.

I still need to run Nightfall and Weekly on my Titan. I soloed both on my Warlock and did Nightfall on my Hunter by jumping into Sinfulfate's game yesterday.

Oh yeah, in case you guys didn't look the Daily is super-easy today. It is the one on Earth where you first discover the Hive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have the Hard Oracles checkpoint on my Titan. If anyone wants to run that later in the week let me know. I won't get anything new out of it, so I'd actually root for materials in that case - might as well stock up for the new gear coming with the DLC. I suppose there's a chance of getting armor with a better roll (or stat emphasis) than what I already have.

I still need to run Nightfall and Weekly on my Titan. I soloed both on my Warlock and did Nightfall on my Hunter by jumping into Sinfulfate's game yesterday.

Oh yeah, in case you guys didn't look the Daily is super-easy today. It is the one on Earth where you first discover the Hive.
I'm finally back tomorrow so I'd like to do a hard run from oracles if you are running it again. Also still need to do nightfall and weekly on my 30 hunter. I'll be back around 10pm eastern if there are no snags with the travel so I'll be on the lookout once I get the patch downloaded.

^ So you had the pass from before but didn't get the sparrow?And hey, I see you playing Destiny a lot, but you never join our Raid group. You should check it out.
Yeah i had it since launch, got the digital collectors edition. As for the raid, id love to join you guys one of these days. I'm usually on after 9pm PT.

LinkinPrime said:
Yeah i had it since launch, got the digital collectors edition. As for the raid, id love to join you guys one of these days. I'm usually on after 9pm PT.
Yeah, most of these other guys play much earlier. I'd prefer after 9pm myself. I did my random Raid group last night after midnight PST.

I might get on in a bit to see if I can run the Nightfall with my Titan.

Edit: Used DestinyLFG.net and got into a Nightfall group. So once again the fireteam chat didn't work (whereas it did earlier when we did the Raid). The other 2 guys were talking and there was no option on the select screen for switching the chat (and d-pad did nothing).

Then afterwards I went into a normal Strike for some bounties and I noticed the message that one of the guys connected to the Fireteam chat. So that time on the select screen there was a note on the bottom right showing the d-pad controls and it was a toggle between "strike chat" and "fireteam chat". I didn't hear the guys at first so I switched to fireteam chat. I still didn't hear anything and just seconds afterwards I got disconnected due to a "jackrabbit" error. So I went and did it again without messing with the chat and completed that strike (in silence) without getting booted. In any case, I think the d-pad option on the select screen is for matchmaking events only.

There are definitely some glitches around the fireteam chat. Hopefully they will sort that out soon.

Also, the Nightfall rewards got even worse for me from earlier this week. On my first two characters I just got legendary weapons (including one I already had). Tonight I got five strange coins. WTF!? Last week when it gave me coins it was 7. I definitely don't think the supposedly more difficult Nightfall should be giving you less than the Weekly Heroic. You ought to get 13 or something from the Nightfall. But that's the first time I haven't gotten at least one exotic across my 3 characters.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12253754" timestamp="1416450361"]Aw yeah, good stuff guys. Moose may have gotten the gloves I need but I at least finally got Fatebringer! woohoo! Handcannon domination baby![/quote]
I would gladly trade them for boots. Hell, I'd just give them to you if I could since I don't need two. I do kind of like the stats better so I may end up leveling these instead. Only one rank to go in IB to get my boots, though.

[quote name="io" post="12253994" timestamp="1416456926"]Yeah, most of these other guys play much earlier. I'd prefer after 9pm myself. I did my random Raid group last night after midnight PST.

I might get on in a bit to see if I can run the Nightfall with my Titan.

Edit: Used DestinyLFG.net and got into a Nightfall group. So once again the fireteam chat didn't work (whereas it did earlier when we did the Raid). The other 2 guys were talking and there was no option on the select screen for switching the chat (and d-pad did nothing).

Then afterwards I went into a normal Strike for some bounties and I noticed the message that one of the guys connected to the Fireteam chat. So that time on the select screen there was a note on the bottom right showing the d-pad controls and it was a toggle between "strike chat" and "fireteam chat". I didn't hear the guys at first so I switched to fireteam chat. I still didn't hear anything and just seconds afterwards I got disconnected due to a "jackrabbit" error. So I went and did it again without messing with the chat and completed that strike (in silence) without getting booted. In any case, I think the d-pad option on the select screen is for matchmaking events only.

There are definitely some glitches around the fireteam chat. Hopefully they will sort that out soon.

Also, the Nightfall rewards got even worse for me from earlier this week. On my first two characters I just got legendary weapons (including one I already had). Tonight I got five strange coins. WTF!? Last week when it gave me coins it was 7. I definitely don't think the supposedly more difficult Nightfall should be giving you less than the Weekly Heroic. You ought to get 13 or something from the Nightfall. But that's the first time I haven't gotten at least one exotic across my 3 characters.[/quote]
I'd be fine doing it after 9 on the weekend.

Also, the Nightfall rewards got even worse for me from earlier this week. On my first two characters I just got legendary weapons (including one I already had). Tonight I got five strange coins. WTF!? Last week when it gave me coins it was 7. I definitely don't think the supposedly more difficult Nightfall should be giving you less than the Weekly Heroic. You ought to get 13 or something from the Nightfall. But that's the first time I haven't gotten at least one exotic across my 3 characters.
I'm hearing that party chat is what's causing the big lag right now in PvP. And that switching to fireteam chat eliminates/reduces lag.

And NF rewards have never been great for me. IIRC,best I ever got was Gjallahorn. Otherwise it's just coins, shards or a purple. Like last night, I got a purple chest for a 'lock (already got 3 in the vault), sheesh.

aFrostyONE said:
I'm hearing that party chat is what's causing the big lag right now in PvP. And that switching to fireteam chat eliminates/reduces lag.

And NF rewards have never been great for me. IIRC,best I ever got was Gjallahorn. Otherwise it's just coins, shards or a purple. Like last night, I got a purple chest for a 'lock (already got 3 in the vault), sheesh.
Oh yeah, for sure you have to bail on Party chat now. The problem is that the Fireteam chat is hit or miss as well. Two out of three times this week I couldn't hear anyone. The one time it worked was with the CAG group yesterday and we had that odd thing where Broly and Moose couldn't hear each other but everyone else could hear both of them.

I think I've gotten mostly exotics up to this point from Nightfall. For the most part they've been useless (like duplicate exotic helms). But I also got Gjallahorn. And the exotic chest armor I use for my Hunter was from that as well. In fact I think it was the first thing I ever got from the Nightfall and it prompted me to start up my 3rd character as a Hunter.

I got my Warlock up to level 30 last night. I still want to try for the Raid helm so I can use sunbreakers instead of the exotic helm. Then my Hunter still needs at least the boots to hit 30 (though I also want the cuirass).

Then, yeah, I'm done with the Raid. I'll just run Nightfall/Weekly until the DLC hits. But who knows - it could take me 3 more weeks of Raid to get those last couple of pieces!

^ You thinking of doing Hard raid runs only for the double loot chance?

I seem to have better luck that way and some guys I raid with swear by it... they don't bother with the normal raid.

At this point, all I want from the raid is VOC and Fatebringer... though wouldn't mind another Gjallahorn ;)

So I'll stick to Hard only just to improve my luck.

aFrostyONE said:
^ You thinking of doing Hard raid runs only for the double loot chance?

I seem to have better luck that way and some guys I raid with swear by it... they don't bother with the normal raid.
At this point, all I want from the raid is VOC and Fatebringer... though wouldn't mind another Gjallahorn ;)
So I'll stick to Hard only just to improve my luck.
I actually did normal and then a separate run on hard with my Hunter to improve my chances of getting the regular gear.

I had always thought you get the normal chance plus the hard chance if you just run hard. Gotdott claimed it was double chance on hard. The only way to prove that would be if someone pulled two of the same hard mode items from the same checkpoint and I had never seen that... until this week!

I forget if it was our CAG run last night or the one I did Monday night but someone pulled two Fatebringers from the same checkpoint. So that proves you get 2 chances from the hard pool at each checkpoint.

Since, at this point, I have all the hard mode weapons, I actually do not want to get a double chance on the hard items since that makes it less likely I'll get the regular gear that I need for my Hunter. I have 3 or 4 Fatebringers, for example - which means I got that instead of possibly the regular gear that I'd prefer to get.

This also explains something I thought was odd from that other group that I run Hard mode with. There was one woman in that group (yeah, that was a shock - first one I ever came across in all the runs with randoms that I've done ;)) that was just looking for gloves or boots or something. This group had been doing the hard raid for weeks. When we got to the end she complained about once again getting yet another helm. I was, like, WTF!? You've gotten multiple helms (which to me is the hardest thing to get along with Vex Mythoclast since you have to beat Atheon on hard) but not all the regular gear 20 times? So it seemed she hurt her own chances of getting the regular gear by just running it on hard all the time.

So from now on my plan is to do a regular Raid with my Hunter, then try to do the Oracles checkpoint afterwards (as I did this week). I got squat for that this week, but that's what I'll keep trying.

On my Warlock all I need is the hard mode helm, so for her I might just try to join a group that is already at Atheon on hard. Or I'll just run the whole Raid on hard with that other group using that character now.

My Titan is maxed out (all Raid gear) so that is just my backup (and the one I still have the Hard Oracles checkpoint if anyone wants to run that this weekend).

Here are the Oracles/Templar checkpoint rewards:

Templar's Oracle Clear
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss Battle: Templar
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (hard mode only)
Exotic weapon (random)
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

So it isn't much, but assuming there are equal chances for all the rewards you get a slightly lower chance for normal Raid gear on the Templar in hard mode since the Fatebringer is thrown into the mix. Though really with it just being that one checkpoint, it certainly saves you time just to run the Raid on Hard and skip normal. But then again, if you can cruise through Normal quickly and then get the Oracles/Templar checkpoint for hard, you can get a pretty good chance of loot with minimal work.

I don't know what was going on with the chat. It said it was a NAT issue, but I checked and mine was open so I should have been able to talk to anybody whether their NAT was strict, moderate, or open. I think their update just introduced more bugs.

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12256555" timestamp="1416541643"]Anyone want to do Raid from Oracles on Hard or Nightfall?[/quote] ps4? Me invite me! Hehe

sorry xb1. I can barely keep up with this game on one console let alone 2.. hah
Yeah I bought it on both not knowing just how much of a commitment it is on just one console to get good stuff! I haven't played my PS4 copy since the week of launch I think.... Definitely shouldn't have gotten a digital collectors edition for both consoles.. hahah

The irony is that despite the fact that PS4 has more content I stuck with the X1 because of the community and my friends list. Plus I just love the X1 far more than my ps4 anyway : P

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Anyone want to do Raid from Oracles on Hard or Nightfall?
I just got back from my meetings and such. I could do it tonight but I doubt we'll find enough others. I ought to be relatively free on Saturday though if we want to plan something for then.

Did a normal raid and got my 3rd Praedyths... Nothing else there.

Got a message from a buddy to do Oracle/Templar on hard. So glad I chose to do it. My drops were Fatebringer and Praetorian Foil! :D

It's time for Mr. Xur's Neighborhood

Right side, all the way down in the bar/cantina area

Titans-No backup plans (81/91str) gauntlets

Hunters-Young Ahamkara's spine (88/99dis) gauntlets

Warlocks-Voidfang Vestments (116/131str) chest

Weapon-Mida Multi-tool scout rifle

Exotic engram-helmet

Vendetta_x360 said:
Did a normal raid and got my 3rd Praedyths... Nothing else there.

Got a message from a buddy to do Oracle/Templar on hard. So glad I chose to do it. My drops were Fatebringer and Praetorian Foil! :D
Did you still want the checkpoint? What is Praetorian Foil? I don't have that one and it isn't on the list for those two checkpoints so they must have missed it. I thought I had all the weapons - d'oh! (OK, it is a legendary fusion rifle - a regular one as opposed to Vex Mythoclast. I'd probably never use it but for the sake of completeness I wouldn't mind getting it ;))

aFrostyONE said:
It's time for Mr. Xur's Neighborhood

Right side, all the way down in the bar/cantina area

Titans-No backup plans (81/91str) gauntlets
Hunters-Young Ahamkara's spine (88/99dis) gauntlets
Warlocks-Voidfang Vestments (116/131str) chest

Weapon-Mida Multi-tool scout rifle

Exotic engram-helmet
I actually didn't play tonight for the first time in ages. Totally forgot about Xur, but it doesn't look like I missed much. I actually got the Mida Multi-tool from the Raid.

At this point I've maxed the armor that I have so all I'd be playing for (until the reset) is to max weapons like Vex Mythoclast, Last Word, Praedyth's Timepiece, etc...

But if that Preatorian Foil can be had from the Oracles/Templar, I definitely want to run that with my Titan this weekend. I can do pretty much any time Saturday afternoon/evening/night. You guys throw out times you are available and lets schedule this ahead of time. If we get enough at 29/30 (my Titan is 30) we can just continue on through Atheon as well.

Did you still want the checkpoint? What is Praetorian Foil? I don't have that one and it isn't on the list for those two checkpoints so they must have missed it. I thought I had all the weapons - d'oh! (OK, it is a legendary fusion rifle - a regular one as opposed to Vex Mythoclast. I'd probably never use it but for the sake of completeness I wouldn't mind getting it ;))

I actually didn't play tonight for the first time in ages. Totally forgot about Xur, but it doesn't look like I missed much. I actually got the Mida Multi-tool from the Raid.

At this point I've maxed the armor that I have so all I'd be playing for (until the reset) is to max weapons like Vex Mythoclast, Last Word, Praedyth's Timepiece, etc...

But if that Preatorian Foil can be had from the Oracles/Templar, I definitely want to run that with my Titan this weekend. I can do pretty much any time Saturday afternoon/evening/night. You guys throw out times you are available and lets schedule this ahead of time. If we get enough at 29/30 (my Titan is 30) we can just continue on through Atheon as well.
I ran through Hard with a random group last night and had mixed results. Didn't get any good drops, and got 2 Hunter Chests from the Templar (totally lame). I still need to defeat Atheon though as this group couldn't get it together enough to take him down which was really sad considering there were half lvl 30 and the other half 29s and most people had maxed raid weapons.

How high level do you have to be to do hard raid? I could join with a lower level character for Oracles/Templar, then switch back to my lvl 30 for Guardian/Atheon.

I ran through Hard with a random group last night and had mixed results. Didn't get any good drops, and got 2 Hunter Chests from the Templar (totally lame). I still need to defeat Atheon though as this group couldn't get it together enough to take him down which was really sad considering there were half lvl 30 and the other half 29s and most people had maxed raid weapons.

How high level do you have to be to do hard raid? I could join with a lower level character for Oracles/Templar, then switch back to my lvl 30 for Guardian/Atheon.
Yeah, a few too many people assume that HARD raid will be a cakewalk when you go in as a 30. And so they focus on hitting 30 but don't think about their weapons.

You're more help at lvl 29 with maxed, 300, weapons than you are at lvl 30 with 248 weapons. At least that's been my experience. But like others have said, it might be a case of those 30's having cheesed their way to 30 so they never developed the skill or gained the experience to do well in the raid.

To give you an idea, the two easiest HARD raids I've done were in groups where we had three 30's and three 29's. Everyone had at least one maxed primary or special weapon. Each raid group only needed two teleport trips to finish Atheon. I wanna say it was 5 minutes, tops, to beat him (felt more like 2 minutes) :D Helped that we also had 2 Gjallahorns punishing him.

Where last night, a group of five 30's and one 29 couldn't get Atheon past 1/2 health. smh

Saddest part was the commentary before we went in... "awe man we got five 30's? we gunna rape his azz.y'all gonna see. My atheons epeegolee is gunna tear-him-UP (btw, his AE was about 260)! I'm gunna get me some raid helmet and a vexmistocrast, or whatever that shit is called. Let me just get my Truth put in place (also about 260)" :???:

Gah, I have experienced this so many freaking times now too. Hard mode is still hard. Period. Doesnt matter how you look at it, you need a solid team of 29/30 with maxed weapons AND know exactly what they are doing. Seriously I played with a level 30 the other day and he couldnt get through the caves or the jumping part, he had no idea how. That means he was carried through normal and got insanely lucky on drops or whatever but he was garbage. I have played with so many people who are 30 and by no means deserve to be in any fashion and it pisses me off to a great deal especially when they trick you into having them in your group.

I could rant on this for a long time but I wont but damn yeah people are still really stupid and do not understand what it actually takes to beat the Raid on hard. The end.

I really need raid boots or arms so I can hit 29. I did gatekeepers on normal after we did oracles/Templar on hard the other day, so the only drop I haven't got this week is Atheon, hopefully I'll get lucky (but I'll probably get a third chest piece instead, haha)

I really need raid boots or arms so I can hit 29. I did gatekeepers on normal after we did oracles/Templar on hard the other day, so the only drop I haven't got this week is Atheon, hopefully I'll get lucky (but I'll probably get a third chest piece instead, haha)
Well Iron Banner has both, if you want an alternate way to get lvl 30 boots and gauntlets. And since the Raid elves can't make boots fast enough, you may want to at least go for the IB boots.

Hard mode is still hard. Period.
Sums it all up. :)

Yeah, a few too many people assume that HARD raid will be a cakewalk when you go in as a 30. And so they focus on hitting 30 but don't think about their weapons.

You're more help at lvl 29 with maxed, 300, weapons than you are at lvl 30 with 248 weapons. At least that's been my experience. But like others have said, it might be a case of those 30's having cheesed their way to 30 so they never developed the skill or gained the experience to do well in the raid.

To give you an idea, the two easiest HARD raids I've done were in groups where we had three 30's and three 29's. Everyone had at least one maxed primary or special weapon. Each raid group only needed two teleport trips to finish Atheon. I wanna say it was 5 minutes, tops, to beat him (felt more like 2 minutes) :D Helped that we also had 2 Gjallahorns punishing him.

Where last night, a group of five 30's and one 29 couldn't get Atheon past 1/2 health. smh

Saddest part was the commentary before we went in... "awe man we got five 30's? we gunna rape his azz.y'all gonna see. My atheons epeegolee is gunna tear-him-UP (btw, his AE was about 260)! I'm gunna get me some raid helmet and a vexmistocrast, or whatever that shit is called. Let me just get my Truth put in place (also about 260)" :???:
I don't think weapon damage matters that much because you do so much damage with the times vengeance buff and you can always bring in more people to help with oracles if need be. I think the problem is experience. Ever since they changed it so it teleports 3 people at random, you now have a lot of 30s who have no experience with the relic being teleported and forced to use the relic because they're 30s.

I did the hard raid the other night on my Titan and finally got some good items. I got the fatebringer, vex mythocast, the raid helm and gauntlets, the sparrow, and a bunch of materials. I didn't get anything good on my normal playthrough on my hunter, only some materials and Found Verdict. I'm probably gonna do hard mode tonight on her but if I don't I can help you guys tomorrow.

Anyone interested in going for the flawless raider achievement this weekend? I only need that, Warlock Mastery, and Strength of the pack to have all the achievements.

Well Iron Banner has both, if you want an alternate way to get lvl 30 boots and gauntlets. And since the Raid elves can't make boots fast enough, you may want to at least go for the IB boots.

Sums it all up. :)
I feel like I'm the only person here resorting to doing the Iron Banner to get the missing armor I need.

pvp20141119.jpg

I don't think weapon damage matters that much because you do so much damage with the times vengeance buff and you can always bring in more people to help with oracles if need be. I think the problem is experience. Ever since they changed it so it teleports 3 people at random, you now have a lot of 30s who have no experience with the relic being teleported and forced to use the relic because they're 30s.
Well, there is the random teleport twist. But there's still the issue with weapon damage.

I've seen too many instances where underpowered players are always running out of ammo all because it takes so much more ammo to do the basic work of killing oracles, supplicants... heck, just knocking out the detainment bubble.

The hard raid is already a glitch-fest, specifically Atheon. No need to make it more frustrating.

I'm always willing to help, even when I won't get any loot. All I ask is that you do me the courtesy of coming in with your best...and if your best is a newly acquired legendary, then be smart enough to know that you need to level that up before you go into the HARD raid.

I feel like I'm the only person here resorting to doing the Iron Banner to get the missing armor I need.
Haha I loved that comic.

I have been going crazy hardcore in the Iron Banner. I love Crucible and so now my friends are all playing it so I have ample people to play with instead of usually going solo or with one other. I am already just a couple hundred points shy of rank 5. I have picked up the Gauntlets since the Raid is yet to ever reward me with them on any character. I also got Timur's Lash and have wasted about 16 Motes of Light trying to reroll it into something better with no success and I finally gave up accepting nothing will beat Fatebringer anyway.

I totally scored the ship too, 'Birth of History.' I freaking love it hahah it is by far the most hideous ship in the game and it stands out like a sore thumb : P

GLOCKGLOCK said:

Yeah, as the others have said, 29 or 30 for sure but with maxed weapons. I think the problem with being 29 though is that you take more damage. It was a struggle for me at 29 just to not get taken out by the Goblins when protecting the portals during the Gatekeeper phase (let alone the Minotaurs). The group I run hard with is really good with that part though. They send 1 guy into each portal at the same time and take down both of them around the same time. So we have 2 people protecting each portal and then rush to the middle.

At Atheon it is a little less of an issue. You just have to be able to handle 3 different jobs there (Oracles, Relic, and portal protection/supplicants). It's taken me several Raids but I finally know how to deal with supplicants pretty well (with the trickiest parts being when you jump out of the middle when Time's Vengeance ends and learning not to rush from portal to portal and instead take your time and clear them out first).

But for the Oracles/Templar checkpoint on Hard mode you can easily do that at 28, as long as there's 6 people and enough Warlocks/Titans.

I'd have loved to get 2 Hunter chests from the Templar - I still need that damn thing. That can drop from, what, 3 different checkpoints? And I've been through the Raid at least 3 times with that char and have hit 2 of those checkpoints on both normal and hard and still nothing but the gloves... (And yet I do have the Hunter helm from one single Atheon kill on Hard).

So when I ran the Normal Raid with my Hunter the other day I was in a group where people not only didn't have maxed weapons, they had blues and greens! But then I forgot how much easier the normal Raid is, what with revive and such. I had forgotten all about that since I've been doing so much Hard mode the last 2 weeks! 2 of them had only run it once before. But with a couple of pros in there (and yeah, I consider myself one now) we actually cruised through it pretty easily, though it did take a little longer than it would with the CAG group. And this was the run when I couldn't communicate with anyone either. That made the Gorgon section a pain in the ass (because I knew where to go while most of them didn't but I couldn't tell them anything) - but the rest wasn't too bad.

Haha I loved that comic.

I have been going crazy hardcore in the Iron Banner. I love Crucible and so now my friends are all playing it so I have ample people to play with instead of usually going solo or with one other. I am already just a couple hundred points shy of rank 5. I have picked up the Gauntlets since the Raid is yet to ever reward me with them on any character. I also got Timur's Lash and have wasted about 16 Motes of Light trying to reroll it into something better with no success and I finally gave up accepting nothing will beat Fatebringer anyway.

I totally scored the ship too, 'Birth of History.' I freaking love it hahah it is by far the most hideous ship in the game and it stands out like a sore thumb : P
I don't know what it was last night, but I actually had a friend join that was also struggling to get boots. I convinced him to give Iron Banner a shot. Normally I do averaged to bad in the crucible, but whenever I have another person in my party I seem to do pretty good. It could be I just have good friends who carry me a bit or just that sense of having a teammate to rely on and work with boosts my abilities a little bit.

Yea, everything you wrote is so true on all levels. The pre game big talkers are pretty much guaranteed to be the worst ones too. This group kind of fooled me though because we were about 3 seconds from running through the guardian on the 1st try. Then it all went to hell. After finally getting through the guardians mr. big talk was pretty much guaranteed to wipe every other time he tried to run the Relic on Atheon. The major problem was that too many people didn't know what to do when teleported, which is due to never actually doing the raid . Oh well hopefully I'll find some better luck tonight.

My buddy ended up giving the save to both my Lock and Hunter. So I'm good for this week. Thanks for offering to help me out though. If you see me on and need help don't hesitate to ask.

As for the Foil... The base charge rate is pretty solid but I'm gonna have to play around with one set of perks. It is between sacrificing range and stability (more range) for a faster charge, using the base charge and getting longer range, or going for the stability. I've been having more fun with the Fatebringer to be honest. :D

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Yea, I guess io only got 5 strange coins from it
Yep, I'd be thrilled with 10. I got 7 in one run last week and 5 this time. I thought maybe there was a set amount based on the strike type, but apparently not.

I still have a weekly to run through. I might want to buy those telemetries to level up some weapons. I'l be on in a bit if anyone wants to run Weekly. Otherwise I'll just try to solo it.

Had some fun on Iron Banner today...got to level 3 ( a quarter of the way to 4), got the boots.  Already had the emblem and shader from the last one, for some reason I remember them unlocking after the very first match.

Also I can't believe it took me this long to realize how the game works...control for that matter.  I always assumed that points accumulated automatically for whoever holds the flags, but all it is is multipliers to get you to the end quicker.   Once I realized this I started having more fun.

So the game hosed me on the dailies. I didn't play the night before so I definitely hadn't done them. I joined Glockglock for one but he was doing it lower level. So I replayed it at 28 and got nothing at the end. OK, I thought maybe it glitched and since I did it at a lower level it didn't reward me (though that's not the way it is supposed to work).

So I did it on a different character - still didn't get the materials rewards. WTF!? So then after the reset I didn't even bother since it is a much longer mission this time. I did get the postmaster reward for the public even though.

Meh... All I'm doing is messing around to level up Vex Mythoclast and Last Word. Would be nice to get extra mats when doing so though.

I'm still up for hard mode Oracles/Templar and possibly Atheon tomorrow evening. I'm free after about 4pm Pacific (and maybe briefly from noon-1:30 or so).

^ Yeah I'm now in desperate need of ascendant mats.

I've got 2 weapons that can be fully maxed, but need mats.  Plus another 3 that should be maxed by the time I get enough mats to max the other 2 weapons... smh

If only the quartermaster sold cheaper legendary weapons.  I'd buy them just to break down for the mats.

So the game hosed me on the dailies. I didn't play the night before so I definitely hadn't done them. I joined Glockglock for one but he was doing it lower level. So I replayed it at 28 and got nothing at the end. OK, I thought maybe it glitched and since I did it at a lower level it didn't reward me (though that's not the way it is supposed to work).

So I did it on a different character - still didn't get the materials rewards. WTF!? So then after the reset I didn't even bother since it is a much longer mission this time. I did get the postmaster reward for the public even though.

Meh... All I'm doing is messing around to level up Vex Mythoclast and Last Word. Would be nice to get extra mats when doing so though.

I'm still up for hard mode Oracles/Templar and possibly Atheon tomorrow evening. I'm free after about 4pm Pacific (and maybe briefly from noon-1:30 or so).
I'd be up for hard mode. I won't get home till late tonight though. You going to be around tomorrow? I have the day off and so does my buddy who wants to do a Hard Run for Oracles/Templar via cheese method. We'd both definitely be down for Atheon.

I've been running Iron Banner and destroying people since last night. Kids play so stupid it isn't even funny. So many non 300 weapons and not to mention really shitty ones. I enjoyed crapping on their faces with my Suros :D

The first part is as intended - if you do a daily on a lower level, you won't get anything if you do it again, it's been like that since launch.

gotdott said:
The first part is as intended - if you do a daily on a lower level, you won't get anything if you do it again, it's been like that since launch.
Well, that's stupid - doesn't work that way with the Weekly. In any case, the second time definitely hosed me so I don't know what's up with that.

I'll try to get on later this evening and will see if we have enough for the Oracles/Templar at least then.

Would I be at 29 with 2 pieces of armour at 30 and 2 at 27? If I farm helium coils for an hour I could max my non-raid armour and hopefully be able to finish the raid on hard. I got owned on IB last night, I think the raid is the only way I'll get level 30 armour any time soon.

Would I be at 29 with 2 pieces of armour at 30 and 2 at 27? If I farm helium coils for an hour I could max my non-raid armour and hopefully be able to finish the raid on hard. I got owned on IB last night, I think the raid is the only way I'll get level 30 armour any time soon.
EDIT: sorry I'm a little punch drunk and didn't see the part that you had 2 pieces up to 30; I thought it was only one. Yeah, you will be at at 29 with that setup. Think it'll show 29 1/2 on your progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back