Not open for further replies.
Xur is here... and oh... my... god... Becky, look at those wares

titan-Glasshouse Int 113/122

hunter- Achlyophage Sym. Dis 104/112

Warlock-Obsidian Mind Int 49/53 Str 50/54

Exotic weapon-Ice Breaker

No engram, No Heavy ammo

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Glasshouse, Obsidian Mind, and a 4th Icebreaker (will shard one of the other two older versions I had). I had just spent 10 minutes switching all my characters around trying to find my 331 attack one to do the Heroic Weekly and after that I decided I'd just buy another to level up. I have like 100 coins, so might as well.

So last week he had Lucky Raspberry with a great roll of 160 max intellect. Today he has one for upgrade at 166. I've never seen a chest armor that high before!

Oh yeah, Obsidian Mind looks incredible with Sunsetting - no need to grind for that Dead Orbit shader or find some other combo. It's like they were made for each other... Too bad I won't be using Obsidian Mind any time soon. I have to hit 32 by Weds and don't have the desire to grind just to level that helm when I have another that is already max. If I run some Roc strikes before then, though, I'll be sure to use my Warlock (then I can level the new Icebreaker as well).

No engram, No Heavy ammo
Obsidian Mind??? Icebreaker??? My coin hoarding has paid off! :D/ :D/ :D/

Praise Jeebus!

After all the complaining I do about Xur, I'm strangely disappointed he's selling Ice Breaker. I guess I wanted the satisfaction of finding one. There's also the fact that EVERYONE will have one after this weekend. Obviously I'm buying it though, and I'm happy I bought sniper telemetry last week. I'm about to have 4.5 exotics to upgrade. Ugh, back to the grind.

Played Iron Banner for a couple hours last night and got well over halfway done my Thorn and Juju bounties (thank you magnetic grenades and storm fist). Should wrap them up tonight, anyone else going to need to kill Xyor in the near future?

No engram again...

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

Great for people who don't have Ice Breaker though. And the fact that he's selling it again gives me hope that I'll see Suros Regime too... someday.

After all the complaining I do about Xur, I'm strangely disappointed he's selling Ice Breaker. I guess I wanted the satisfaction of finding one. There's also the fact that EVERYONE will have one after this weekend.
That is what everyone said LAST time he sold it. Now the player base has settled more and Strange Coins are not in as short of supply so I bet this time it is meant way more haha.

So yet again, absolute GARBAGE luck on the Raid. I did not get a single piece of armor on my Hunter and Warlock run and then my Titan did actually get gloves with the Critical Hit Orb generation which is better than my current grenade one. She also got legs which were crappier and were promptly dismantled hah.

I did have crazy luck on Deathsinger though. Like I said about my Nightfalls it has been about a month since I got an Exotic at all and bam I got 2 from the Nightfalls this week and then I got two different ones from the Deathsinger. Which is nice seeing as I never got anything worthwhile from that first chest. It is comical the two I got, I obtained probably the most and then least desired guns... both of which I of course already have. Gjallarhorn and then No Land Beyond hahaha I decided to keep Gjallarhorn and slowly level it up to have extra but No Land Beyond couldn't get dismantled fast enough!

Since Hard Raid is coming out it looks like I am going to solidify all 3 builds to 32 this weekend. Both my Hunter and Warlock will be using an Exotic Helmet and then I decided that Ruin Wings would be the most beneficial for me for my Titan.

I would rather have Armamentarium I think because my chest piece gives Pulse Rifle and Shotgun (neither of which I use) but that constant stream of heavy with a maxed Gjallarhorn is just far more appealing.

I did the math though and I need 100 Platsteel plating before I can get my Titan to 32 : (( I REALLY wish there was a more effective way to obtain that material.

No engram, No Heavy ammo
Of course as soon as I max out my current exotic helmets, they finally sell these new ones, lol. Might still buy them and work on them town the line, although I'm getting to the point where I have too much stuff to upgrade and I probably won't ever use most of it anyways. Plus when the next expansion comes out in a couple months all the exotics will have to be upgraded anyways. I'll still probably buy these ones and then actually pull raid helmets, haha. No need for a 6th icebreaker for me, but that reminds me i definitely need to shard a couple.

I'm predicting very few changes for Hard mode. They will bump the levels and possibly make a few sections more difficult, but anyone that is looking for a new experience will be disappointed. What were the major differences in VoG? No revives? Exploding supplicants?

Of course as soon as I max out my current exotic helmets, they finally sell these new ones, lol. Might still buy them and work on them town the line, although I'm getting to the point where I have too much stuff to upgrade and I probably won't ever use most of it anyways. Plus when the next expansion comes out in a couple months all the exotics will have to be upgraded anyways. I'll still probably buy these ones and then actually pull raid helmets, haha. No need for a 6th icebreaker for me, but that reminds me i definitely need to shard a couple.

I'm predicting very few changes for Hard mode. They will bump the levels and possibly make a few sections more difficult, but anyone that is looking for a new experience will be disappointed. What were the major differences in VoG? No revives? Exploding supplicants?
My buddy mentioned he saw a video of what was assumed a glitch with Swordbearers on the Crota fight. Having the Blue Swordbearers like on the bridge that chase you down and can only be killed with the sword would definitely mix up the Crota fight and make it a longer bout.

Even simple changes like faster light decay in the beginning or extra enemies including knights at that point more often. Shriekers floating around above each lantern would be interesting too. After crossing the first bridge we have Ogres consistently come out on the other side so you would have to kill them and run past as quick as possible.

Hell even just having the bridge work as it is supposed to would be good enough of a change for me on Hard haha

Added Boomer Knights on the outside during Deathsinger would be cool too. Would need to reallocate the team a bit to account for them.

Again, we do not need HUGE changes, just changes that are substantial enough that we have to alter the way we play/ approach it will be nice.

Enemy's on the opposite side of the first bridge could be a problem if you only have one survivor at that point.

How's the roll on the Glasshouse compare to what anybody's had dropped?

for reference the pre-DLC max roll on a helmet was about 117, post-DLC is somewhere in the 140s iirc

so the Glasshouse this week (122) is decent while the Obsidian Mind (107) is terrible 

Good run on the Raids (Crota & VoG) last night, thanks for the invite Vash, and feel free to invite me anytime ;)

Loot Score:

Crota: Deathsinger's Herald (boots), Light of the Abyss (fusion rifle), Cryptographic (shader).

VoG: Praedyth's Timepiece x2 (pulse rifle), Praedyth's Revenge (sniper)

Plus some shards that I badly needed. 

-----------

Still need to run Weeklies...If I can run it by Sat it will depend on whether I can get some Xur stuff or not. Anyone need to run it?

Some changes that i think hard mode might offer:
- revive disabled
- lamps explode faste
- chalice that has limited uses. After nth time it respawns back at the center.
- detainment after the sword despawns
- addition of wizards or shriekers at the boss fight instead of just thralls, knights, & orges

Hopefully im wrong. Hehe!

Good run on the Raids (Crota & VoG) last night, thanks for the invite Vash, and feel free to invite me anytime ;)

Loot Score: Good Stuff

Still need to run Weeklies...If I can run it by Sat it will depend on whether I can get some Xur stuff or not. Anyone need to run it?
Thanks for sticking around and running Crota that second time. Glad you benefited from my buddie wanting to do VoG too! haha

I was so dead last night, it was just one of those long days and so I was dragging all night and just couldn't stick on for Atheon stuff. I saw my buddy BangBang took my spot. Completely irrelevant, it is funny that whenever I am playing with my buddies, Los, Hooptie and Skillz... and we have a full team, if I leave or get disconnected BangBang almost always somehow squeezes in. No matter what time or anything it is actually pretty funny.

I think I need two more Weeklies but don't really need more coins so that is not a top priority. If I am on and you need help though just shoot me a message.

Really all I need to do is farm for glimmer and farm for platsteel plating all weekend haha

Sounds good, thanks Vash!

We didn't finish the VoG last night, one of us kept dying, we got Atheon down to 5% early on, and we couldn't do it again, then one of the other guys...VampireKiller's connection kept dropping him...so the guys gave up around 12:45am PT and called it a night.

Thanks for sticking around and running Crota that second time. Glad you benefited from my buddie wanting to do VoG too! haha

I was so dead last night, it was just one of those long days and so I was dragging all night and just couldn't stick on for Atheon stuff. I saw my buddy BangBang took my spot. Completely irrelevant, it is funny that whenever I am playing with my buddies, Los, Hooptie and Skillz... and we have a full team, if I leave or get disconnected BangBang almost always somehow squeezes in. No matter what time or anything it is actually pretty funny.

I think I need two more Weeklies but don't really need more coins so that is not a top priority. If I am on and you need help though just shoot me a message.

Really all I need to do is farm for glimmer and farm for platsteel plating all weekend haha
Two hours in the exclusion zone and you will be set.. if you don't fall asleep in the middle

Sounds good, thanks Vash!

We didn't finish the VoG last night, one of us kept dying, we got Atheon down to 5% early on, and we couldn't do it again, then one of the other guys...VampireKiller's connection kept dropping him...so the guys gave up around 12:45am PT and called it a night.
Damn, that sucks! Looks like I should have stayed to help out haha

Who kept dying? Or do you mean in general one person kept dying? And yeah VampireKiller seemed a bit off haha he was a random we pulled from the Tower : P

Two hours in the exclusion zone and you will be set.. if you don't fall asleep in the middle
Haha that is my problem! It is so boring. It is so much more efficient both in terms of killing everything AND staying awake when you do it with friends. I just would rather be PLAYING the game with my limited time this weekend rather than just farming.

Damn, that sucks! Looks like I should have stayed to help out haha

Who kept dying? Or do you mean in general one person kept dying? And yeah VampireKiller seemed a bit off haha he was a random we pulled from the Tower : P
In general we kept losing 1 person...of course I helped on that count :oops:

Some changes that i think hard mode might offer: - revive disabled - lamps explode faste - chalice that has limited uses. After nth time it respawns back at the center. - detainment after the sword despawns - addition of wizards or shriekers at the boss fight instead of just thralls, knights, & orges Hopefully im wrong. Hehe!
They already messed with the chalice in this last patch... it randomly disappears from whoever has it.

Seen it happen in 2 runs this week.

LinkinPrime said:
VoG: Praedyth's Timepiece x2 (pulse rifle), Praedyth's Revenge (sniper)
Wow, that's amazing that you got 2 Timepieces. All the times I've run hard mode, I only ever got that once. Amazingly, I only got Praedyth's Revenge (which is a Normal mode drop ) once as well up until last week.

gotdott said:
Presence of Crota throughout the raid ;)
That wouldn't surprise me actually. From the Bungie notes:

If you’ve experienced Hard Mode in Vault of Glass, you have some clues for how we can scale up a Raid. Prepare to take better care of your teammates. You’ll have fewer options for healing yourself, and each other. The enemies you’re about to face are stronger and more prone to temper tantrums. Be brave!
"fewer options for healing yourself" could certainly point to something like Presence of Crota in more places. And of course the "each other" part probably refers to there being no revives.

Other speculation I've seen:

1) Weight of darkness x 20 at the lamps (apparently people's games have glitched this week and done that)
2) Gatekeepers at various other places (but in particular at Crota)
3) Maybe two swordbearers at Crota so you can deal with gatekeepers and Crota at the same time
4) And the scariest one: something that prevents the same person from picking up the sword more than once at the Crota encounter thus making it like Atheon where everyone has to learn all the roles.

After all the complaining I do about Xur, I'm strangely disappointed he's selling Ice Breaker. I guess I wanted the satisfaction of finding one. There's also the fact that EVERYONE will have one after this weekend.
I get what you're saying.

In a way, I think this is about hooking all the kinderguardians that joined over the holidays. They've been playing long enough to run into people with IB and should have enough or be close enough to having coins for a purchase.

Plus, I'm still surprised at the number of players who passed on IB, either not buying it or dismantling a drop.

The entire first page of the Bungie forums is full of threads arguing over Icebreaker. It seems pretty split between those upset over it being sold (and saying people didn't "earn" it) and those thrilled with it being sold.

As someone who got my first one from Xur (but then later had one drop at Atheon) I'm in both camps ;).

Now, Gjallahorn - that one I don't think he should ever sell again.

I also didn't realize IB could be used to generate ammo for other snipers but I had this happen when I was running the Weekly last night. Of course on the Weekly (as opposed to the Nightfall) you can just run out of all your ammo and get an automatic refill. But one time I switched to IB when I was out of just special, then switched back to Black Hammer after a bit, and I had 3 more shots for it. That is something I may use in the future.

Black Hammer is just awesome on that Walker though - You can fire continuously on the legs and then on the main critical spot when it opens up. It makes taking that down much faster than it used to be, even with Icebreaker.

The entire first page of the Bungie forums is full of threads arguing over Icebreaker. It seems pretty split between those upset over it being sold (and saying people didn't "earn" it) and those thrilled with it being sold.

As someone who got my first one from Xur (but then later had one drop at Atheon) I'm in both camps ;).

Now, Gjallahorn - that one I don't think he should ever sell again.

I also didn't realize IB could be used to generate ammo for other snipers but I had this happen when I was running the Weekly last night. Of course on the Weekly (as opposed to the Nightfall) you can just run out of all your ammo and get an automatic refill. But one time I switched to IB when I was out of just special, then switched back to Black Hammer after a bit, and I had 3 more shots for it. That is something I may use in the future.

Black Hammer is just awesome on that Walker though - You can fire continuously on the legs and then on the main critical spot when it opens up. It makes taking that down much faster than it used to be, even with Icebreaker.
Wow you've been missing out lol. When you switch weapons usually you lose ammo. If you switch from a full IB you will "lose" half of your ammo. This is amazing with snipers that have the field scout perk.

Wow, that's amazing that you got 2 Timepieces. All the times I've run hard mode, I only ever got that once. Amazingly, I only got Praedyth's Revenge (which is a Normal mode drop ) once as well up until last week.
Yeah I thought it was weird to get 2 at the same time as well. I haven't tried either of the 2 weapons yet...not a fan of pulse rifles, but I hear this one is good, so guess I'll try it out.

Gotdott - well, it isn't often that I switch weapons around in the middle of something. Usually I just stick with what I have. I think the only reason I went to IB was that the Wizards with their solar shields had just come out and being low on ammo I needed to go to Icebreaker. Since I usually pair Black Hammer with Gjallahorn, I am hesitant to switch the two since I'd lose heavy ammo. So I used up my heavy, then switched to IB/some random purple RL (still need that damn Hunger of Crota to make that my go-to alt!). Then when I went back to my standard loadout I noticed the extra ammo for Black Hammer. I don't see it being something I'd do very often just to get 3 shots for Black Hammer (the exception being something with a big critical hit area like the Walker or Nexus). I'd rather just use a synth or wait till I get the auto reload (which I did like 3 times running the weekly last night).

LinkinPrime said:
Yeah I thought it was weird to get 2 at the same time as well. I haven't tried either of the 2 weapons yet...not a fan of pulse rifles, but I hear this one is good, so guess I'll try it out.
Well, if you don't have Fatebringer, this will be very useful for Arc burn Nightfalls (like the current one). I used it once on an arc burn Nightfall a few weeks ago and it seemed to do more base damage than Fatebringer, though it is hard to pass up that firefly perk on Fatebringer so I always go back to that. But like I said, it is a very good alternative.

I loved pulse rifles early on in the game, but really haven't used them much since then. Conversely, I thought hand cannons were horrible but now that's nearly all I use (well, just Fatebringer really). I hope the new Raid hand cannon is a good one even though it doesn't seem to match up perk-wise with Fatebringer.

Anyway - last night I hopped on and soloed the Heroic Weekly up until Sepkis with my Titan and then invited one of the guys from my Raid group to finish him off. Then he helped me run it again on my Hunter (was much faster with two people). So that's another reason I splurged on Xur - got 18 coins just last night.

Then I was playing Dragon Age and got a party invite at like 5am from one of the other guys from my Raid group. He wanted to see if I was going to be available next Weds at 10am for Crota hard mode. It looks like most of the group is taking off of work to run it. I said I could (since my schedule is flexible) so we'll see how it goes. I doubt very much we can be the first to clear it, though that is their goal.

SO, yeah, I'll post an update here as soon as we are done with all the gory details - though if you see any videos posted on my Xbox feed then you'll probably see how it is going before that.

Gotdott - well, it isn't often that I switch weapons around in the middle of something. Usually I just stick with what I have. I think the only reason I went to IB was that the Wizards with their solar shields had just come out and being low on ammo I needed to go to Icebreaker. Since I usually pair Black Hammer with Gjallahorn, I am hesitant to switch the two since I'd lose heavy ammo. So I used up my heavy, then switched to IB/some random purple RL (still need that damn Hunger of Crota to make that my go-to alt!). Then when I went back to my standard loadout I noticed the extra ammo for Black Hammer. I don't see it being something I'd do very often just to get 3 shots for Black Hammer (the exception being something with a big critical hit area like the Walker or Nexus). I'd rather just use a synth or wait till I get the auto reload (which I did like 3 times running the weekly last night).
I was just surprised you never did this since you used to solo nightfalls and weeklys a bunch. It's nice to switch back and forth (depending on the burn) and getting up to 2 clips back. Also the point you mentioned is exactly why I swapped out my g-horn for Hunger of Crota as soon as I got one :p

Pffft!

I had IceBreaker before Xur ever sold it many months ago! At first when he first sold it I was bummed and like aw man now everyone has it. But really when playing with people... the more people that have the better weapons the better the experience so I say the more the merrier.

And yeah, getting two Timepieces is pretty crazy seeing as I cannot even count how many times I have done VoG and I am yet to EVER get one myself haha.

Man, I wish I could take off of work Wednesday for the Raid, I have way too much going on here at work and then I have class Wednesday night anyway. I won't get to touch Hard Raid until Thursday at the earliest!

I'm with you, Broly:  It's more fun if everyone has the best gear they can find or buy.  With as vicious as the RNG is in this game, I don't get why someone would be expected to "earn" a certain weapon.  I passed on IB last time (long story) but I bought it today.  I  have lost count how many times one of you would say, "Everyone just use your Icebreakers..." because it is already assumed everyone who has logged more than 200 hours has one.

Still like my Black Hammer better though...

simosaurus said:
Still like my Black Hammer better though...
Before Black Hammer there was no need to use anything else but IB unless there was an arc or void burn modifier. But now, yeah, I tend to use Black Hammer by default and then IB only in certain situations (like Oracles checkpoint on VoG). I still kind of prefer IB when on Crota Boomer duty too - just don't have to worry about running out of ammo and while I can almost always headshot those guys, getting 3 rapidly is a little more difficult. So having the constant ammo is a plus - though at times I'm at 0 ammo on my IB when I have a head shot lined up.

I know I complain a lot about not getting Hunger of Crota (it just seems to ridiculous that I haven't in 18 tries...) but I'm definitely glad it wasn't the other way around and I had 3 HoC but no Black Hammer. I'd be happier if I never got Swordbreaker (shotgun) and the fusion rifle and got HoC instead though. RNG is definitely an odd thing in this Raid, as it has given me exactly 1 Song or Ir Yut and the fusion rifle, and yet multiples of all the others except HoC of course. And no helms - I guess the people on my Raid team have gotten them multiple times because they were astounded when I told them the other day I hadn't gotten any. In fact, they were complaining when they got duplicate helms - the bastards ;).

Back to Icebreaker:

To Broly's point about it being better if everyone is geared up: we have been on Oracles checkpoint before and there always seems to be someone who runs out of sniper ammo and can no longer contribute. I expect that not to be the case any more for what it's worth (not much now as I don't see running VoG all that often any more).

Speaking of which, I do believe I have the Oracles checkpoint (from Vendetta) on one of my characters if anyone is up for that some time this week. I don't really need to run it, but if anyone else wants to coordinate I'm willing to help. Same for full VoG run for the clan achievement.

Finished my Juju and Thorn bounties in the same round of IB. Considering I kind of suck at this game and never play PVP it wasn't bad. Took about 4 hours total. Now to beat Xyor.

So I have Hard Light 2/3 leveled, and now need to also level up Juju, Pocket Infinity, Thorn, and Ice Breaker. Sucks that I have to do it one at a time. I don't know when I'll get a chance to use Ice Breaker with all the exotic primaries I have. Oracles I guess.

I may hop on in a few minutes if anyone wants to run stuff. I'll just be doing Roc strikes to get new loading screens...

Finished my Juju and Thorn bounties in the same round of IB. Considering I kind of suck at this game and never play PVP it wasn't bad. Took about 4 hours total. Now to beat Xyor.

So I have Hard Light 2/3 leveled, and now need to also level up Juju, Pocket Infinity, Thorn, and Ice Breaker. Sucks that I have to do it one at a time. I don't know when I'll get a chance to use Ice Breaker with all the exotic primaries I have. Oracles I guess.
If you need help with Xyor feel free to ask! I just had to do that crap last week and it was a bit harder than I expected it to be.

I'm in the same boat...

Working on Ice Breaker right now. Then I still have:

-Thorn

-Last Word

-Hard Light

-2nd Suros

-2nd Vex

-2nd Ice Breaker

-2nd Gjallarhorn

-MIDA Multi-Tool

-No Land Beyond (this is out of pure curiosity)

-Then rather than save myself a shard and avoid yet another exotic to level, I decided to upgrade my Thunderlord :wall:

Still need to get upgraded:

-Invective (I have the bounty for this right now)

-Pocket Infinity (Can't get the Shattered Memory Fragment bounty again to save my freaking life)

-Patience & Time

-Truth

I tried running VoG on hard last night and it was a huge fail. Picked up a full team from the Destiny recruitment board and ended up with like 3 10 year olds -______-. I have never found a team to consistently run through the VoG on hard. Maybe i shouldn't waste my time anyway. Im doing it for that very slight chance on an exotic drop.

I tried running VoG on hard last night and it was a huge fail. Picked up a full team from the Destiny recruitment board and ended up with like 3 10 year olds -______-. I have never found a team to consistently run through the VoG on hard. Maybe i shouldn't waste my time anyway. Im doing it for that very slight chance on an exotic drop.
Just post up here. The CAG crew is really awesome.

On XOne? What time zone you at? I tend to play nights PST, add me if you play around then.

Yeah, we are all pretty great aren't we? ; P
Word :)

Guess the game wants you, me, and io to never get that damn rocket. :bomb:

Grats on the warlock helm though. Did you get a good roll on it?
It is intellect +55 strength +54. I don't really know if that is good or not. I don't even keep up with the rolls on armor since in a week or a month they wont matter anyways.

Just hit 20 and went right to 22 with my Titan. Now to grind the Vanguard playlist tomorrow night and Monday night before the reset. Then some more Tues/Weds and I should be able to buy 33 light stuff so hoping to play with some of you guys for weekly as I want some strange coins for Xur next week.

So in preparation for next week I have been making all three of my characters level 32 despite less than ideal armor pieces for my Warlock and Titan it is all good. 

I am finally almost done! All I have been doing is farming basically the whole time so that I have the glimmer to buy green armor from the Vanguard for Platsteel plating, to exchange my Energy for Shards and then to actually level up. I have everything now and just need a couple thousand more glimmer to make it complete!

Since I have everything now though I got sidetracked and started using my Warlock even though she is 32 I would much rather use the Obsidian Mind during Hard Raid vs the other Exotic Helmets because that one at least has some INT and with killing minions you get your super faster. I always want at all times to have my revive ready just in case when playing on hard and that is my best bet! But yeah so now I am doing a bunch of bounties and leveling up that Helmet before I give any of the ISO to my Titan and Hunter to finish their last piece of 32 gear. Warlock comes first bitches. haha

BrolyB593 said:
Since I have everything now though I got sidetracked and started using my Warlock even though she is 32 I would much rather use the Obsidian Mind during Hard Raid vs the other Exotic Helmets because that one at least has some INT and with killing minions you get your super faster. I always want at all times to have my revive ready just in case when playing on hard and that is my best bet! But yeah so now I am doing a bunch of bounties and leveling up that Helmet before I give any of the ISO to my Titan and Hunter to finish their last piece of 32 gear. Warlock comes first bitches. haha
Hmmm - I didn't consider that about Obsidian Mind. I just figured it was for Void Walker and thus useless in the Raid. Now I might want to level that up...

I have my other two characters at 32 but not my Warlock. But like you I'd rather go into that first hard mode run with my Sunsinger Warlock. I have enough radiant energy but not a single shard so I'd have to convert 42 energy to shards to level up my Warlock and that seems like a pain. I still have the Monday night run of Normal mode to get more shards and possibly better armor as well, so I think I will hold off till then. Then I can top off that armor (or run the Nightfall and power level any new armor I get) by Tuesday night so I'm ready to go on Wednesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back