Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will anybody be on tonight that will be willing to party up with to get through the weekly strike? I can be ready to go by around 11:00 pm est.

Level 24 Warlock.

Thanks
If im still on I can help.

Im about to hit vanguard rank 3, are any of the legendary weapons worth buying?

I see you have 5 for the Raid and invited me. I totally would have done it but I had to leave. I need to go learn the father/daughter dance we are doing at the high school football game next Friday. My daughter is a captain on the Dance Team so I get to be totally embarrassed right in the front row.

It is 8:20 now. I'll be back at 9:10 or so if you still need another and can wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you have 5 for the Raid and invited me. I totally would have done it but I had to leave. I need to go learn the father/daughter dance we are doing at the high school football game next Friday. My daughter is a captain on the Dance Team so I get to be totally embarrassed right in the front row.

It is 8:20 now. I'll be back at 9:10 or so if you still need another and can wait.
Ah that's unfortunate we were using simo's checkpoint right before Atheon. It ended up being super glitchy and took a bit lol

You guys did it with 5? Well, anyway, I'm available now if anyone wants to run it from the beginning even (using my second char).

gotdott said:
Ah, man, and I thought I had a cool Titan Exotic Helm. That one looks even better...

FYI - I'm starting up a Hunter character now. Anyone feel free to jump and in and help me speed run the missions ;). I need to get to level 20 so I can wear all the cool stuff I picked up for a Hunter so far.

And I'm open for VoG any time this week with my Warlock.

Broly - I see you doing runs tonight. I'm available if you need someone.

Dang, son! Some of that gear looks great. I'm kind of bummed the DLC doesn't introduce a new planet or area, but it sounds fun.

Edit: congrats to the team that finished the vault last night!! I would have loved to join, but I crashed hard and was comatose by 8:30, haha. I'd love to run through it again, for sure.

Also, congrats to Broly for finishing it on hard!

FYI - I'm starting up a Hunter character now. Anyone feel free to jump and in and help me speed run the missions ;). I need to get to level 20 so I can wear all the cool stuff I picked up for a Hunter so far.
I started a new Titan character earlier this week for the same reason: I want to wear some of that Titan gear I keep unlocking! I have her to level 8 now and wouldn't mind teaming up with you to blow through the story missions.

You guys did it with 5? Well, anyway, I'm available now if anyone wants to run it from the beginning even (using my second char).
Broly is indeed the master. He got us through the end of VoG with just about every problem imaginable: A player dropping and leaving us short-handed, a couple newbies (like me), glitching enemies, party chat outages, and our 5th being abruptly kicked to orbit in the middle of the fight. Very cool and thanks to those of you who helped me wrap up my first run!

Dammit, instead of patching loot caves and such, Bungie needs to fix this daily reset BS. Once again I ran through the Daily story after the reset and didn't get the rewards for it.

And this time it was more of a pain. It isn't that hard, it is just longer than the last two. I also didn't get rewards from a public event.

I got on around 1:45 Pacific (so 15 minutes before the reset) and did a Strike. I went back to the Tower around 2:15 and got new bounties. Then I went to orbit and the new Daily Heroic story mission was there so I did it. On my way to it, I found a public event - that's perfect! Yeah, except where I didn't get credit for either... Bah... But seriously, if the event switches over to a new one, it ought to count. They got the bounties and events switching over promptly at 2am (I even watched the Daily switch the other day). But then your having completed them apparently does not.

Anyway, so Friday evening I'll be up for the Daily on both my characters, the Raid on my Warlock, or just low-level story missions on my new Hunter (at level 6 now).

I saw Broly doing the Raid again late at night after he helped you Simosaurus. I thought about jumping in but they kept going from 5 to 6 and back again so maybe there were connection issues. Plus I didn't know any of the other people and didn't want to jump into their hard mode Raid or something ;).

Edit: Oh yeah, Xur is down in the shipyard section to the right when you get down there. I could tell by the crowd of people that were off in that otherwise fairly useless section of the Tower. He is selling "Truth" Exotic Rocket Launcher for 17 coins. I bought one since I had like 26 coins. I dunno, I like using the Icebreaker as my Exotic but I figured a good rocket launcher might be good for something.

I was hoping he'd have Gjallahorn. Apparently a Raid crew armed with that can take out Atheon after just one portal jump: http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/16/6988473/destiny-raid-vault-of-glass-kill-video

You guys that beat it last night - did you cheese him or beat him the normal way? I have yet in two runs to see him beat the normal way.

if you guys  need vog help on xbox one shoot me a message. done it plenty of times on both hard and regular. just have 1st phase atheon to do this week myself on hard. got the 5th chest yesterday too.

The content of that DLC seems lacking. 3 Story Missions. 2 Strikes and 1 Raid seems small. I think the fact the raid is not solo player friendly I have a hard time getting excited for another one. New gear should be added as free updates in my opinion.

I guess the 3rd subclass is getting unlocked in that DLC also. That might nice.

[quote name="cancerman1120" post="12166310" timestamp="1413548944"]The content of that DLC seems lacking. 3 Story Missions. 2 Strikes and 1 Raid seems small. I think the fact the raid is not solo player friendly I have a hard time getting excited for another one. New gear should be added as free updates in my opinion.

I guess the 3rd subclass is getting unlocked in that DLC also. That might nice.[/quote]
That is only what is known. There could be more. I agree, though, if that is all the new content it is kind of disappointing. Especially coming from an age when "expansion pack" meant a ton of new content.

Count me in. I decided to work on my level 2 Warlock. There are too many good reasons to have a secondary character available.

Now I'm regretting dismantling a couple of legendary warlock and hunter items for the shards. Oh well, I can earn more. 😁

Broly - I see you doing runs tonight. I'm available if you need someone.
I didnt even turn on my computer last night and so I hadnt looked at CAG since while at work! But yeah we were doing hard mode anyway o_O

Dang, son! Some of that gear looks great. I'm kind of bummed the DLC doesn't introduce a new planet or area, but it sounds fun.

Edit: congrats to the team that finished the vault last night!! I would have loved to join, but I crashed hard and was comatose by 8:30, haha. I'd love to run through it again, for sure.

Also, congrats to Broly for finishing it on hard!
Those new helms for Warlocks look amazing. I want it now!!

And thanks! Everyone, everyone! ! Guess what I got from hard mode Atheon!!!!!!!!

A ship. A stupid effing ship. Other people got the sparrow, the mythoclast, the helmet and all the good stuff.... and I got the ship. The one thing that is absolutely useless. Not to mention the ship is stupid and ugly anyway haha. Oh well.

We did pretty much solidify the fact that lower levels get better gear. The lowest level guy got 3 amazing things from Atheon and yet all of us 29s barely got squat. Ugh. So when I beat Atheon on hard again I am going to swap my gear to be like 27 and see if that works : PP

Broly is indeed the master. He got us through the end of VoG with just about every problem imaginable: A player dropping and leaving us short-handed, a couple newbies (like me), glitching enemies, party chat outages, and our 5th being abruptly kicked to orbit in the middle of the fight. Very cool and thanks to those of you who helped me wrap up my first run!
Aw! Hahah thanks man! I am no master, I just play it a bunch : P Plus I am just one player, you guys did great too! Glad to help you guys push through! : )

warlock master race :p
8208731cace7e39f9ae527e5ea2344b92c5119635d0cd8ec19fdd510ed593b31.jpg

Xur I feel like is going to be more and more disappointing. We all are pretty much set with most weapons and so the ones he provides are never really that great because most of us already have them or have other comparable types.

I personally dont see the use of having that Exotic Rocket. Exotic heavy weapons seem silly anyway because why waste your best gun on the one with the least ammo? I am still debating whether I grab it or not because I do have so many strange coins just to have it but I dont think so. I also am tempted to buy the engram for shits and giggle but I have no use for an exotic chest. I already have two maxed Raid Chest pieces with different attributes for different situations. I did however buy the Warlock Helmet just to have. I hate it really. It is ugly and not all that good. It seems like a great skirmish PvP helmet (that is the one where you can revive teammates right?) But I will keep this helmet because in the off chance I get Raid Gauntlets before my Raid Helmet at least i can still wiggle may way to 30 that way as I wait for my Raid Helm!

I can debunk the notion that lower levels get better loot from the raid. I got a legendary shotgun (dont remember which one), the chatterwhite shader and ascendant material. That's it. We did miss one chest on my pass through though.

i think the existence of xur makes gear feel less exotic in general. maybe if he came once a month for 3 days and rotated stock/engrams once a day? i mean there's actually only 5 exotics per class at the moment so we end up either sitting on a pile of coins or window shopping for alts.

I can debunk the notion that lower levels get better loot from the raid. I got a legendary shotgun (dont remember which one), the chatterwhite shader and ascendant material. That's it. We did miss one chest on my pass through though.
Getting a Raid weapon is great stuff though so really if anything that furthers it in my mind. I have gone through I believe 3 or 4 different attempts where I ONLY got Chatterwhite hah : /

Fair enough. I think I was just bummed because I really wanted raid armor.

for just a stupid cosmetic perk, the chatterwhite shader is pretty nice. It turned my ruddy, rough and tumble Titan in a flat out gentleman. Haha!

for just a stupid cosmetic perk, the chatterwhite shader is pretty nice. It turned my ruddy, rough and tumble Titan in a flat out gentleman. Haha!
I was so stoked to get Chatterwhite and I wore it all the time but now so many people have it and I have gotten so many of them too that I no longer want to see it on y character haha

I love the God of War shader I found. It is pretty much all a really deep red. It goes really well with my Warlocks who have the Sunsinger Arm bands and the flaming class armor. My Sunsinger is all fire all day : D

the vanguard quartermaster sells an all-white sparrow that further compliments this stupid cosmetic perk ;)

of course i didn't see it until i bought a red and blue one

You already do the weekly strike? If not let me know when you are playing this weekend.
Nope! I'll hit you up when I see you. I'll be grinding out Crucible marks all weekend probably.
If you guys need to do the Weekly Nightfall on 360 let me know, I still need to get that out of the way.

The content of that DLC seems lacking. 3 Story Missions. 2 Strikes and 1 Raid seems small. I think the fact the raid is not solo player friendly I have a hard time getting excited for another one. New gear should be added as free updates in my opinion.

I guess the 3rd subclass is getting unlocked in that DLC also. That might nice.
Since these first 2 expansion packs have been done already I think that all we are going to see in these is more missions and more gear. I'm guessing that much of this content was originally supposed to be part of the retail release but got held back for the expansions. I guess things could change but I think the first 2 packs are unfortunately going to be underwhelming.

I was thinking about what type of legs this game is going to have. While I love the game, it has obviously not been as well received as many people had expected. I wonder when/if they really start to retool things. I assume they are going to raise the light level at some point but if all we are getting is some new gear and missions/strikes/raids/MP maps that had been in development pipeline with the rest of the retail content then I'm not sure how much longer I will stick around. I guess it really depends on what happens to the numbers playing this game when the rest of the holiday releases hit in November.

Count me in. I decided to work on my level 2 Warlock. There are too many good reasons to have a secondary character available.

Now I'm regretting dismantling a couple of legendary warlock and hunter items for the shards. Oh well, I can earn more.
I am down for some story missions with my lower level guys too if you need someone.

Yea, I was one of the lower levels and picked up one piece of armor, chatterwhite, & hunter cloak. Although after seeing what gotdott pulled I think we all are a bit jelly. :)

PROTIP:

You've played too much Destiny when you are walking into work, see an awning and think " That looks like a place where a dead ghost would be hidden. I wonder if a double jump could make it that high?"

true story, lol.

i have been thinking randomly through out the day - crota's end would have been the perfect place to introduce melee primaries. i want my own mini crota sword dammit! 

i have been thinking randomly through out the day - crota's end would have been the perfect place to introduce melee primaries. i want my own mini crota sword dammit!
Our base melee attacks already deal more direct single hit damage than most guns! hahah

BrolyB593 said:
Getting a Raid weapon is great stuff though so really if anything that furthers it in my mind. I have gone through I believe 3 or 4 different attempts where I ONLY got Chatterwhite hah : /
My own two runs support this as well. I got loads of stuff the first time. I was probably mid-range on level then. I think when we did the run this week I was the highest level and I definitely got the worst set of loot.

chubbyninja1319 said:
PROTIP:

You've played too much Destiny when you are walking into work, see an awning and think " That looks like a place where a dead ghost would be hidden. I wonder if a double jump could make it that high?"

true story, lol.
Heh - that reminds me. One thing I need to do is find more ghosts. I think I only found about 20. Aren't there 50 or so? It has been so long since I've found one I'm wondering where the other 30 could possible be. I know I could just follow a guide or video but I figured I'd run across them eventually just with the huge amount of time I play this game. But no...

I might try to hop on soon - wife willing...

If anyone wants to speed run the Daily I'd like to get it done with both my high-level chars. Or run the lower level missions with my new Hunter.

Or start Vault of Glass with my Warlock...

if we use an atheon checkpoint and cheese him on first try do you guys think that will pop the flawless raider achievo? similar to how dropping back in a strike works? maybe something we can try if this doesn't get hotfixed next week

if we use an atheon checkpoint and cheese him on first try do you guys think that will pop the flawless raider achievo? similar to how dropping back in a strike works? maybe something we can try if this doesn't get hotfixed next week
Well, Bungie is gonna cut the cheese. Just got posted over on the PS thread... or you talking about the flawless raider cheevo

[quote name="gotdott" post="12167836" timestamp="1413592077"]i have a hard raid checkpoint for atheon, going to try to do this in a bit with IO if anyone wants to join[/quote]
I wouldn't mind trying but I won't be home for another hour or so. Maybe I can get a helmet out of it.

Heh... Just as we were about to give up, Gott knocked him off the platform after the rest of us were dead. He was admiring our corpses or something and then Gott was able to nail him.

We didn't get the Flawless achievement since we died many, many times trying. But we completed the "Hard" mode at least. Most of us just got the Sparrow + shards but I think Moose got the helm.

I still want to run the Raid (on Normal, from the beginning) some time either tonight or this weekend with my level 27 Warlock.

Got through him the other night ago and got the sparrow and Vex Mythoclast. That thing is still pretty demolishing in PvP. Loving it.

Impressive, guys. I would have loved to got in in that hard level raid. If you guys are goin for it again, let me know, I'll join.
when did you get on? took us over an hour and finally got it around 10ish. i have checkpoint saved still so we could try and fail repeatedly again *my luck is slowly running out for the week

Guess who got his Raid Helmet and the Raid Sparrow?!

This guy : DD

Now once I have time to level it tomorrow I will be 30! (I have enough shards to level it 3x over haha)

Now the only thing I really want is the Mythoclast but really I am content now with everything I have and it will give me something to keep working towards!

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12168546" timestamp="1413622506"]Guess who got his Raid Helmet and the Raid Sparrow?!

This guy : DD

Now once I have time to level it tomorrow I will be 30! (I have enough shards to level it 3x over haha)

Now the only thing I really want is the Mythoclast but really I am content now with everything I have and it will give me something to keep working towards![/quote]
I was going to reply "me?" now I just need some luck to get the boots.

when did you get on? took us over an hour and finally got it around 10ish. i have checkpoint saved still so we could try and fail repeatedly again *my luck is slowly running out for the week
I was on about 9:30, but was running the Nightfall and Weekly with Sim and another friend. I didn't see the posts here until after.

Yeah, sign me up for that next hard raid run. I realize it's going to be brutal, but that's another achievement notch I'd like to have on my virtual belt. Plus, with the next hotfix Atheon's getting baby bumpers so he doesn't go over the edge. So, the sooner, the better.

Heck, since I don't have any raid armor, I want to run the raid on normal a few more times, so count me in for that, too.

I was on about 9:30, but was running the Nightfall and Weekly with Sim and another friend. I didn't see the posts here until after.

Yeah, sign me up for that next hard raid run. I realize it's going to be brutal, but that's another achievement notch I'd like to have on my virtual belt. Plus, with the next hotfix Atheon's getting baby bumpers so he doesn't go over the edge. So, the sooner, the better.

Heck, since I don't have any raid armor, I want to run the raid on normal a few more times, so count me in for that, too.
The one good thing about using that checkpoint at the end in hard is each run only took around 20 seconds. You either get him in a position to push him off the edge or he wipes you out quickly. I'd suggest you do it this week because they are going to patch it sooner or later. Of course I only got the sparrow from beating it, but at least that "Beat the Raid on Hard" achievement is out of the way. Don't worry about dying because you cannot get the Flawless achievement that way. You have to play the entire raid without losing anyone (good luck with that one, lol).

If anyone still needs to do Nightfall weekly I am looking for a couple people to do that tonight. Also would like to do the Relic Hunter achievement in salvage. Shouldn't take too many games to get that one done. Just have to deploy ghost at 20 locations in Salvage game mode which is only available this weekend.

So I started playing a little PvP with my level 22 Warlock and I was really surprised at how different it plays compared to my Hunter.  My gunslinger almost never kills anyone with the grenade but holy moly does the axion bolt kick ass in PvP.  I have the exotic chest piece that improves it even more and I cannot wait to get that upgrade.  I also understand a lot better why I lose certain encounters in PvP now that I have tried 2 classes.  Need to start my Titan now that I got my Warlock above 20. 

The one good thing about using that checkpoint at the end in hard is each run only took around 20 seconds. You either get him in a position to push him off the edge or he wipes you out quickly. I'd suggest you do it this week because they are going to patch it sooner or later. Of course I only got the sparrow from beating it, but at least that "Beat the Raid on Hard" achievement is out of the way. Don't worry about dying because you cannot get the Flawless achievement that way. You have to play the entire raid without losing anyone (good luck with that one, lol).
Exactly. I'd like to do that within the next day or two. Anybody have a save at Atheon on hard? Help a brother out??

Heh... Just as we were about to give up, Gott knocked him off the platform after the rest of us were dead. He was admiring our corpses or something and then Gott was able to nail him.

We didn't get the Flawless achievement since we died many, many times trying. But we completed the "Hard" mode at least. Most of us just got the Sparrow + shards but I think Moose got the helm.

I still want to run the Raid (on Normal, from the beginning) some time either tonight or this weekend with my level 27 Warlock.
What time? I'm gonna try to get a group together to do the raid tonight. Probably around 8 or 9pm est.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back