Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on about 9:30, but was running the Nightfall and Weekly with Sim and another friend. I didn't see the posts here until after.

Yeah, sign me up for that next hard raid run. I realize it's going to be brutal, but that's another achievement notch I'd like to have on my virtual belt. Plus, with the next hotfix Atheon's getting baby bumpers so he doesn't go over the edge. So, the sooner, the better.

Heck, since I don't have any raid armor, I want to run the raid on normal a few more times, so count me in for that, too.
From all these years on CAG you didn't learn that the one night you don't check CAG you miss out on a deal? ;)

I still have the checkpoint on my hunter I think so I can provide that

[quote name="gotdott" post="12169042" timestamp="1413654220"]From all these years on CAG you didn't learn that the one night you don't check CAG you miss out on a deal? ;)

I still have the checkpoint on my hunter I think so I can provide that[/quote]
Let me know if you need help. Even if I'm just acting as Cannon fodder for Atheon.

From all these years on CAG you didn't learn that the one night you don't check CAG you miss out on a deal? ;)

I still have the checkpoint on my hunter I think so I can provide that
Ha! You got me there. Cool, I should be on tonight, but until later. Like 11:30 to Midnight. Think you'll be around? We could rope in Bear if he's on then.

I need more gear drops from the raid. It's been energy/shards and weapons. I could be 29 tonight. I'd love to run a full hard mode raid. I keep going back and forth leveling my vision of confluence and vex mythoclast. First world problems I know.

Good grief y'all like to get on late! After 10 I have to call it a night, but let me know whats the plan.
Nah, I prefer to be on, and I usually get online, about 9:30. But I've spent so much time playing Destiny this week that I really need to hang with Mrs. Ninja tonight for a while. She may end up wanting to watch Greys Anatomy.....if that's the case, I'll be in earlier than expected. :D. I don't do Greys anatomy.

[quote name="bear489" post="12169412" timestamp="1413667847"]How much harder is it on hard then normal?[/quote]
Well, Atheon was killing us level 28s in about 1-2 hits... Hobgoblins in the portal shot me out of the air with one hit when trying to ground pound and I don't know if I even damaged the pretoreons.

Sinfulfate said:
What time? I'm gonna try to get a group together to do the raid tonight. Probably around 8 or 9pm est.
That's a little early for me (5-6 Pacific) but I might be able to get on between 6 and 7.

Like others here I have to do stuff with my family. But maybe I can get them to go out now and get it done so I'm free later.

Unlike everyone else, though, I don't usually become free until after 9-10 (Pacific). Everything before that is a risk to my household happiness ;).

My ideal play time is 11pm - 3am Pacific.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a little early for me (5-6 Pacific) but I might be able to get on between 6 and 7.

Like others here I have to do stuff with my family. But maybe I can get them to go out now and get it done so I'm free later.

Unlike everyone else, though, I don't usually become free until after 9-10 (Pacific). Everything before that is a risk to my household happiness ;).

My ideal play time is 11pm - 3am Pacific.
Unfortunately that's 2 am - 6 am for me :p

If I ever go quiet around 9 your time it's because everyone is sleeping in the next room

Well I solo cheesed my way through the Nightfall and Hardest difficulty Heroic weekly.  It just took patience and a fully upgraded ice breaker.  Sitting on 25 strange coin now.  I also got The Devil You Know legendary hand cannon.  I already have The Lord High Fixer fully upgraded with explosive ammo so I may let my Warlock use The Devil You Know since her build is really leaning towards hand cannons.  Try to upgrade the Bad Juju so it has string of curses because otherwise it is not a very good gun right now.

I did the Raid twice (sort of) with my Warlock today.

Earlier today I helped Moose cheese the end of the Raid for some of his friends. He knocked Atheon off and I got the Chatterwhite and Vision of Confluence.

Then I got on to destinyteamfinder.com (http://www.destinyteamfinder.com/?page_id=104) to hop into a Raid with some random people.

From that I got more weapons and not a single armor piece for my Warlock. That was pretty disappointing. I got two rocket launchers from it: Ghallajorn and Hexen Vengeance. So that's nice - Ghallajorn I had wanted anyway. Now I wish I hadn't bought Truth from Xur. I have tons of exotic and legendary machine guns and rocket launchers now...

The best thing I got was from the earlier cheese: Vision of Confluence. One of the early upgrades is an auto-fire mode. That is pretty nice to have on a Scout rifle - plus it has solar damage, which is a big plus on a legendary primary (like my Atheon's Epilogue with Void damage).

But damn, I thought for sure I'd get at least one armor piece. So now I can't do much with my Warlock. Hopefully we run it again this week with the same CAG team as last Tuesday and I can get those gloves for my Titan at least.

By the way, we tried to cheese the boss this time and I was the one doing it since I was the one of two Warlocks (the other guy didn't seem to want to try). I got close, but then we just decided to beat him normally and that really isn't all that hard. I think it only took 6 or 7 portal runs. So when the patch comes it isn't the end of the world (though I'm glad I got in on that hard mode cheese yesterday!).

The tricky part will be the 3 random teleports. I don't know why they had to do that. So at least 4 people need to be familier with using the Relic and everyone has to be able to handle the portals. I can deal with the Oracles, but I've never handled the Relic. You would have to set it up in advance who will grab the Relic in what order so there isn't any messing around when you teleport.

The Daily is Sword of Crota. I just did this mission for real with my new Hunter character the other day and I think it was actually easier with my Level 29 Titan to do the Level 28 Heroic Daily than it was when I did it for real. It seems like it took fewer hits from the sword to take down the Princes. And everything else you can kill in one swing like before.

Hmmm... I've now maxed out my marks for both my Titan and Warlock for this week. I've run both through the Nightfall and Level 28 Heroic Weekly. I've done the Raid with both. I think I might just take a break from this game tomorrow. I'll probably just run Sword of Crota with my Warlock Sunday night and leave it at that. Or... I could continue to work on that Hunter - I'm half way through the story. Once I get her to level 20, I should be able to make an instant jump to 24 or so with all the Hunter gear I've gotten.

Oh, and the Cryptarch gave me a legendary rocket launcher for my latest reward. That's nice and all except that I got both a legendary and exotic launcher from that Raid just a few hours ago. And I had a legendary and exotic before that as well. At least they are all different ;).

The one thing I have not gotten a legendary/exotic for (or even tried out at all with a green or blue) is a hand cannon. If I can get a Legendary hard cannon with arc damage (is there such a thing?) I'd have a primary with all 3 types. That would be nice.

My vision of confluence is almost maxed out and it's a beast. Going to max out my mythoclast next hoping the pve buff this week makes it viable.

So what would be more worthwhile to upgrade first. My Exotic Helmet or my Legendary non raid armor? I have enough shards to max one item, and I am deciding what is better.

Eff me man.

I power level a Hunter to 20 so that I could throw on an exotic helmet and my legendary gauntlets I had found for it so that I could get it high enough to Raid. I figured it would be the lowest level so I would be VERY likely to at least get one piece of armor and then I could level them up and get to 27 so I can cheese Atheon on hard one last time before the patch.

My buddies and I ran through the Raid with me at 23 and guess what I got? Nothing but Ascendant Material and another freaking Chatterwhite... I was so unbelievably pissed at my garbage luck. No more hard mode cheesing for me then. : (

So what would be more worthwhile to upgrade first. My Exotic Helmet or my Legendary non raid armor? I have enough shards to max one item, and I am deciding what is better.
Exotic. Hands down.

In the end you will not be wearing the Legendary but you will be wearing that exotic probably.

Exotic. Hands down.

In the end you will not be wearing the Legendary but you will be wearing that exotic probably.
Agreed. If you have exotic, focus on that. If you didn't then I'd say put the materials into the legendary so you could take on higher difficulty activities. But you should really focus on the exotic.

I'm at the point where I feel like I've done all of what I hoped to do from a PvE standpoint, so I tried the crucible again. First time since the first week the game came out. I actually did ok. Middle of the pack each match, which is better than dead-nuts last. I'm really not good at PvP (except Titanfall). I might spend more time in the crucible now.

I'm at the point where I feel like I've done all of what I hoped to do from a PvE standpoint, so I tried the crucible again. First time since the first week the game came out. I actually did ok. Middle of the pack each match, which is better than dead-nuts last. I'm really not good at PvP (except Titanfall). I might spend more time in the crucible now.
Crucible is really fun, and I'm usually not very good at competitive FPS games. The one thing that was annoying was trying to get the "Triple Play" achievement. I could get 3, 4, 5, even a few 6 or 7 streaks with some regularity, but they just never seemed to be the right combination of classes. Sometimes the enemy team doesn't even have all three classes on it so you don't even have a chance! I finally got it last night playing Control on the Moon map, there were 4 enemies gathered at one control point and I was able to mow them all down with a Pike. :lol:

I love the Crucible but someone who has played far too many competitive FPS games, this one just gets me really annoyed. Not at the gameplay because it is awesome but the fact that I do not get rewarded for doing best. I consistently perform the best on my team in the Crucible and 9/10 I do not get anything whereas my lesser performing team members get a plethora of engrams and stuff.

I would rather just not even see what others are or are not getting because it just further reminds me how completely messed up the loot system is. 

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12170635" timestamp="1413738717"]So what would be more worthwhile to upgrade first. My Exotic Helmet or my Legendary non raid armor? I have enough shards to max one item, and I am deciding what is better.[/quote]
Exotic. If you want to try and max out anyway. The only way to hit 30 is with raid gear and/or an exotic. The raid helmet only drops on hard. So more than likely that is the gear you won't be replacing. At least any time soon.

Gott, if you still have a save point for Hard mode I wouldn't mind trying one last cheese with my Warlock character. Just let me know. It is house cleaning/yard work day today, but I might have some time this evening.

Gott, if you still have a save point for Hard mode I wouldn't mind trying one last cheese with my Warlock character. Just let me know. It is house cleaning/yard work day today, but I might have some time this evening.
I don't have it anymore because I tried running through the raid on hard but if you see my friend on, he should still have it.

N0n Duc0r Duc0

Crucible is really fun, and I'm usually not very good at competitive FPS games. The one thing that was annoying was trying to get the "Triple Play" achievement. I could get 3, 4, 5, even a few 6 or 7 streaks with some regularity, but they just never seemed to be the right combination of classes. Sometimes the enemy team doesn't even have all three classes on it so you don't even have a chance! I finally got it last night playing Control on the Moon map, there were 4 enemies gathered at one control point and I was able to mow them all down with a Pike. :lol:
You are so lucky. I have put a lot of time into the Crucible and still do not have that achievement. I even had a 13 guardian kill streak but no achievement. I am assuming there was not a certain class playing at that time. Nice job.

gotdott said:
I don't have it anymore because I tried running through the raid on hard but if you see my friend on, he should still have it.

N0n Duc0r Duc0
No problem - I'll just pass. I could see messing around with that for an hour and just getting the Chatterwhite shader and Sparrow again ;).

I even had a 13 guardian kill streak but no achievement. I am assuming there was not a certain class playing at that time.

When the game first came out you actually had to have a Triple Kill of all the classes, not just a streak, which seems like it would be next to impossible. They fixed it in a patch but I think it may still be a little finicky.

That's interesting, I would have thought it would be easier to get it now since there are more of each class playing. I think I got mine on my 2nd or 3rd day of crucible and then I didn't see any warlocks for a while after that.

No problem - I'll just pass. I could see messing around with that for an hour and just getting the Chatterwhite shader and Sparrow again ;).
Haha I did it again on my hunter and all I got was a sparrow + shards, not even an extra chatterwhite

[quote name="gotdott" post="12171185" timestamp="1413760183"]Haha I did it again on my hunter and all I got was a sparrow + shards, not even an extra chatterwhite[/quote]
So you're saying not everybody gets a helmet and sparrow... ;)
I'm actually surprised people don't get the shader. It seems like everybody I've played the raid with has gotten it.

Rushed through the Venus story missions (on my 3rd character) with Gott tonight even though I was a level or two too low. Then I went and did 3 bounties which raised me 1 1/2 levels to mid-13. I was struggling with the first Mars mission (which is level 15) but still I was just about to beat the shielded/armored Cabal guy in the outpost when the damn game sent me back to orbit because of connection issues. That is total BS when you are in a restricted spawning single-player only area (I wasn't playing with Gott at that time).

Oh well, I'll probably just take a step back and do some more bounties before going back in there again. I'm just trying to rush this character to level 20 to wear that Hunter stuff I got.

Are we up for a quick run trough at least part of the Raid on Tuesday? I figured we could spend an hour and at least get to the portal portion just before Atheon if not to Atheon himself. That gives everyone a couple chances at Raid gear.

I have to be out from 7:30 - 8 or so (Pacific) so most likely for you East Coast people we'd want to do it earlier - like 6pm Pacific. Then we can either finish it up or do another one for alt characters later in the week. I'll be up for Nightfall/Heroic Weekly stuff when I get back (around 8:30-9 Pacific) if anyone is available. This is all Tuesday night I'm talking about.

Oh well, I'll probably just take a step back and do some more bounties before going back in there again. I'm just trying to rush this character to level 20 to wear that Hunter stuff I got.

Are we up for a quick run trough at least part of the Raid on Tuesday? I figured we could spend an hour and at least get to the portal portion just before Atheon if not to Atheon himself. That gives everyone a couple chances at Raid gear.
I could be in for a short raid run on Tuesday night. I spent this weekend grinding for ascendant shards and still need more.

The Daily today is the first Venus mission (where you discover the Vex). It is pretty easy though be careful of the 3rd or 4th wave which has 3 shielded Minotaurs. They almost got me both times (and I had to self-res with my Warlock, actually).

Simo - yeah, sounds good. I actually have surplus shards right now. I need better gear to use them on. Though once I get that Hunter up to level 20 I'll need lots. So even if that's all I get from the Raid, that's OK too. But I really, really want those gloves for my Titan. I want to get one of these 3 characters up to level 30.

I like how we are all like YEA RAID - I need shards and maybe some raid gear too I guess that would be nice

I'll be on, will probably try to run nightfall beforehand. I think it's phogoth again this week.

on the last boss of the vault of glass raid. Can I get some help from a warlock or 2 to glitch him off the edge? xbox One

Gamertag is WickedEndoNinja

I should be 30 with all maxed out everything by the time the next Raid comes around ; p

I totally would help out Wicked but I doubt I will have time to tonight bud, sorry.

The absolute easiest way is Sunsinger with Radiance, Sunbreaker exotic gauntlets and then Solar Grenades with the 2nd one unlocked. Also having the stats tweaked to have max Toughtness and Recovery. I have done it solo this way. 

I hate jumping into rooms to help people with it and they insist they can do it too or help with him and it just ends up taking forever. Then finally I am just like... no no no. Let me do it myself and everyone just go sit in a corner, no need to even come out of the portal. Then bam. Done.

I am going to miss cheesing him : (

I should be 30 with all maxed out everything by the time the next Raid comes around ; p

I totally would help out Wicked but I doubt I will have time to tonight bud, sorry.

The absolute easiest way is Sunsinger with Radiance, Sunbreaker exotic gauntlets and then Solar Grenades with the 2nd one unlocked. Also having the stats tweaked to have max Toughtness and Recovery. I have done it solo this way.

I hate jumping into rooms to help people with it and they insist they can do it too or help with him and it just ends up taking forever. Then finally I am just like... no no no. Let me do it myself and everyone just go sit in a corner, no need to even come out of the portal. Then bam. Done.

I am going to miss cheesing him : (
After getting the timing down on hard mode I would say it was a very exquisite dance to cheese Atheon and I am going to miss this tango

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back