Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any confirmed drops of the Crux of Crota? That and the Scout Rifle are the top of my Want List hah
Nope. The first ones will probably be all over Youtube. People are suggesting Bungie is probably timegating it like they did with the husk... to keep us playing til the next DLC.

There's a definite lack of incentive to replay hard mode Crota vs. hard VoG. Bungie definitely should have gone with their initial plan of having two raid sets, one for normal and one for hard.

If I get all the weapons on my first hard run you can bet I'm probably not going to run it again
That's a good point. One guy I played with said the exact same thing -- he got all 4 primary weapons yesterday (pulse, auto, scout, and hand cannon) and said he's done playing hard until he hears the crux is available.

I don't know for sure, but I feel like both raids probably had different people in charge of designing them because they feel way different. They definitely should've added more and diverse loot. Maybe even randomized where loot drops. It seemed like chasing down everything in the VoG was more "interesting" since multiple items could drop from the various checkpoints. On normal Crota, for example, only the gloves drop after the Abyss. If you already have good gloves, you're not really amped up for what reward you might get -- you know it's going to be shards, energy, or gloves.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I would have liked a new Sparrow at least. Keep it on par with VoG rewards.
There is a new Sparrow that drops after Crota: http://www.destinydb.com/items/845577225#1.ccLvmbr8

But it's basically a reskinned Timebreaker.

Edit: first video I could find:
(Unnecessarily long video though -- skip past the beginning parts to see it in action.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_M6ylMBcg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm guessing this is the best Crota strategy now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQm8cg-7F8w

Middle platform, don't shoot boomers so the wizard doesn't spawn, use titan bubble to block boomer fire on sword runner. 

So I'm guessing this is the best Crota strategy now:

Middle platform, don't shoot boomers so the wizard doesn't spawn, use titan bubble to block boomer fire on sword runner.
Yeah io posted that earlier and I definitely plan on trying that out tonight.

In regards to the Crux of Crota I REALLLLY hope they don't pull a timed release for that. I hate that. It was the main reason I was looking forward to Hard Raid and releasing it without it is horseshit.

Yeah io posted that earlier and I definitely plan on trying that out tonight.

In regards to the Crux of Crota I REALLLLY hope they don't pull a timed release for that. I hate that. It was the main reason I was looking forward to Hard Raid and releasing it without it is horseshit.
This method was a bit different than what io posted as the titan went up with the sword holder and dropped his bubble right by the tower the boomers are in to block them from firing. They take down Crota before the Ogres even spawn in and never snipe a boomer.

This method was a bit different than what io posted as the titan went up with the sword holder and dropped his bubble right by the tower the boomers are in to block them from firing. They take down Crota before the Ogres even spawn in and never snipe a boomer.
Ahh. I saw io posted a video but didnt have a chance to watch it right then and then when on the other forums I found the one you posted and I just thought they were the same! D'oh!

gotdott said:
There's a definite lack of incentive to replay hard mode Crota vs. hard VoG. Bungie definitely should have gone with their initial plan of having two raid sets, one for normal and one for hard.

If I get all the weapons on my first hard run you can bet I'm probably not going to run it again
Even with your luck you won't get all the weapons on your first run. At the very least, it will take you 3 since you won't get the hand cannon, scout rifle, and Crux from Crota all on the same drop. And you could be like me where you get none of those on your first Crota kill.

And yeah, someone in our group did get the new sparrow. The ship, admittedly, it kind of cool (and definitely better than the normal mode one). I like the shader - like Chatterwhite it is very distinctive. As long as it is so hard to get it will be cool to have. I assume it will never be as common as Chatterwhite.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I definitely need to check this out. Those freaking boomers killed our sword guy at least 20-30 times in our tries. Eventually our strategy was to stagger/shield them by taking potshots at them but that was by no means foolproof. We also had to go through ogres, which isn't all that hard, really, other than finding them. The other thing that caused us to wipe repeatedly was our swordbearer getting too greedy on sword hits and getting smashed by Crota. So I can't see how you can finish before ogres unless you have a hardcore pro swordbearer.

Edit: So I'm seeing two strategies on dealing with boomers. If you are middle (window) platform, you can have a Titan go with the Swordbearer to put a bubble up next to Crota (on the right between him and the boomers).

Also if the guy who takes the sword doesn't shoot at the Gatekeeper it might not aggro the knights on him. Our problem was that our guy was running down there rockets-a-blazing and that got the boomers attention every time.

If you are on the left side you can have one or preferably two Titans put bubble up on the platforms where the Knights are to keep them from shooting.

BrolyB593 said:
I. Just. Want. Crux. of. Crota.

Bitches.
To make matters worse, it appears this is not currently dropping. I'm sure that will come in a hotfix the day after I clear my 3 hard Crota kills this week ;).

If you are trying to take him out (or need the chkpt) I have it on my Titan and would like to try the bubble method.

To make matters worse, it appears this is not currently dropping. I'm sure that will come in a hotfix the day after I clear my 3 hard Crota kills this week ;).

If you are trying to take him out (or need the chkpt) I have it on my Titan and would like to try the bubble method.
Yeah this is why part of me didn't want to beat the Deathsinger's yet or beat Crota. Deathsinger is likely a hiccup since it has the rate of a chest but I am almost begrudgingly convinced at this point with no sightings of it, that they are likely purposely withholding it from us like little dicks.

And yeah I have the Crota checkpoint too. I know my crew will be tackling it again tonight and if we need space and you are on I will be sure to shoot you a message.

BrolyB593 said:
Yeah this is why part of me didn't want to beat the Deathsinger's yet or beat Crota. Deathsinger is likely a hiccup since it has the rate of a chest but I am almost begrudgingly convinced at this point with no sightings of it, that they are likely purposely withholding it from us like little dicks.

And yeah I have the Crota checkpoint too. I know my crew will be tackling it again tonight and if we need space and you are on I will be sure to shoot you a message.
You have an estimated time for that? I'll try to be on then if I can. Or send me a PM on CAG.

One theory (wild speculation of course) is that they are holding back a bit on the Crux to make sure there aren't any new Crota cheeses so that it actually has to be earned. Their utter silence on the issue is disturbing though.

You have an estimated time for that? I'll try to be on the if I can. Or send me a PM on CAG.

One theory (wild speculation of course) is that they are holding back a bit on the Crux to make sure there aren't any new Crota cheeses so that it actually has to be earned. Their utter silence on the issue is disturbing though.
I have zero idea on time. My guys are far less strict and planning people haha. It literally went down like this, "Alright see you guys tomorrow night sometime, we'll get Crota then"

But yeah I can see that they are holding back just to make sure no cheeses happen, I actually like that idea and it does make sense then why they aren't even saying anything. If they said hey we are waiting until you find cheese methods, fewer would surface if there were any. That idea just furthers the fact that I don't want to beat Crota this week haha but if they were doing that I would imagine they would just wait until the next reset or so to make it available and not a midweek kind of thing.

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it. I still need to get the two other weapon drops (and the sparrow ;)) so I'll want to beat him two more times this week regardless. Eventually (even if it is after HoW comes out) this will get much easier and I'll get that Crux sooner or later.

Anyone want to run Weeklies right now?   Hit me up within the next 30m on Xbox Live...if not now,  tonight works too.

Xur (down by Vanguard guys) has Radiant Dance Machines and not much else of interest. He does have helm engrams, though - and something is up with those.

I was in the Tower with Vendetta and he bought 3 and got 3 helms that he didn't have (I think - or at least 2 of them were and the 3rd was maybe an upgraded version of one he had). So, seeing his luck, I decided to get one and I got the one helm I really wants: Mask of the Third Man. It has health regen from orbs which is great in the Hard Crota raid at the end. Now I just need to level that thing up. I decided not to push my luck and wish for like an Obsidian Mind with a better roll than what I bought from him so I just stuck with the one. But I probably should have struck while Xur was glitching and giving useful things!

But that was really strange that it gave us exactly what we wanted - seemed to be more than just coincidence. I even bought it on my Titan but really wanted that Hunter helm and it worked out.

My normal Raid crew was mostly offline but 2 of the guys were running with other people so I decided to try LFG. It was pretty much a disaster. I thought I was in trouble when I came in and 2 guys were talking another language and one of them sounded like a little kid. I think they were from India. But then the kid busted out with pop songs (like "Happy") but substitute some of the most filthy lyrics I've ever heard - all sung with that accent. It was surreal.

However, he was the swordbearer and was actually pretty good! It was the other guys who couldn't keep up, then they bailed after like 5 tries. So, meh... I've been anxious to complete it on my other 2 characters but I guess I really shouldn't be in a huge hurry - hell, it has only been out for 2 days (though it seems much longer with the amount I've been playing). I really should just take a break.

But I went and did patrols and regular bounties - been a while since I did that. I was working on leveling up that Crota pulse rifle. I kind of like it, actually.

^^^^ decided to try my luck for Saint 14, got the helm I was already wearing and then a hunter helm (arachnid). I did increase my Cryptarch rep though which gave me both a blue and a purple helmet ingram. The blue gave me a legendary, the legendary gave me radiant energy. Oh well, at least I 14 saved coins on exotic shards.

Yeah same here, I bought two engrams and got Achlyophage Symbiote (worse stats than the maxed one I already have) and Helm of Inmost Light (also already have, not sure yet about stats). Bought Radiant Dance Machines more for the cool name than anything else.

No Land Beyond, Xur must be trollin' after last week.

Yeah I will be picking up Radiant Dance Machines and I haven't seen it posted (and havent really delved too deep) but what are the rolls on the upgrade for the Sunbreakers this time around? I have 331 Sunbreakers with like 80 and I would love to turn them into anything better. I should probably upgrade Truth because I keep saying no but really I don't understand why I would. It is decent with a burn but I really do not care to level it up hah

So our group didn't even touch Crota last night like we planned. Two of them had been doing it for 5 hours before I came home. They were with fairly incompetent people it seemed and they absolutely hated it. My buddy wasted 40 Heavy Synths at least he said and they were both so just destroyed hah. We ended up doing the first part on my two other characters then. We got through the first time up until Deathsinger with just 2 Titans and then the second time we had 2x Hunters and 2x Titans (though my one buddy died right away as a Titan and we just went on without him so really 3 of us hah) But yeah not too bad. Got more duplicate armors that I broke down and I am already getting to a point where I have a huge influx of shards and energy with no need for them really which is funny as just a bit ago I was all worried about them. I knew this would happen but just funny.

Weapon wise on Hard with the first 2 rewards for all three characters I scored 2x Pulse Rifles and 1x Auto

I absolutely hate the Pulse Rifle. I always hate Pulse and this one is no different. Gross. The Auto seems pretty solid though. Nothing groundbreaking but just a solid gun but that disorienting it does on Wizards is freaking amazing. Glad to have another solid Solar Primary since I haven't used VoC in months.

*EDIT* 

Looks like the Sunbreakers have a 107 INT Roll. Not bad. Not great by any means but for me that is about 25 more than what I currently have, 107 is at least usable whereas 84 is most definitely not.

Xur (down by Vanguard guys) has Radiant Dance Machines and not much else of interest. He does have helm engrams, though - and something is up with those.

I was in the Tower with Vendetta and he bought 3 and got 3 helms that he didn't have (I think - or at least 2 of them were and the 3rd was maybe an upgraded version of one he had). So, seeing his luck, I decided to get one and I got the one helm I really wants: Mask of the Third Man. It has health regen from orbs which is great in the Hard Crota raid at the end. Now I just need to level that thing up. I decided not to push my luck and wish for like an Obsidian Mind with a better roll than what I bought from him so I just stuck with the one. But I probably should have struck while Xur was glitching and giving useful things!

But that was really strange that it gave us exactly what we wanted - seemed to be more than just coincidence. I even bought it on my Titan but really wanted that Hunter helm and it worked out.
Yeah I was 3 for 3. Got upgraded Mask of Third Man like you did (mine that I already had was only the 30 light version). Got Helm of Inmost Light and Apotheosis Veil as well. Now I'm only missing Saint-14 and Skull of Dire Ahamkara to have all the helms :D

I should be on about 9:30/10 PM EST.  I need to add you to my friends list, Linkin.  I'll do that now.  Anybody have a Crota CP?  I over-wrote mine when I went to solo the first chest.  Doh! 

DOUBLE POST

This was from jgu over on the PS4 thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9K_y0TtqBc
I'm determined to do this. Both my teams are very good at communication and we have good team work. Thanks for sharing that it is possible. :)

Also I've now had 2 successful runs where I was my hunter and passed the abyss part solo. :D

Vendetta_x360 said:
I'm determined to do this. Both my teams are very good at communication and we have good team work. Thanks for sharing that it is possible. :)

Also I've now had 2 successful runs where I was my hunter and passed the abyss part solo. :D
That is going to be very hard to do - but please let me know if you need another to help ;).

My other group may be running it 11-12 or so tonight so if we need one and you are on I'll do the same. But if you are trying any earlier let me know (I' available now).

That is going to be very hard to do - but please let me know if you need another to help ;).

My other group may be running it 11-12 or so tonight so if we need one and you are on I'll do the same. But if you are trying any earlier let me know (I' available now).
Will do man! I currently am not doing a run since I had to go into the office to get some work done. I will definitely be on tonight though and am trying to gather for a run so if my group is 1 short (I think we might be, I'll hit you up first).

Also if you could let AK and Foxy know that I friended them that would be appreciated! Hammer already added me back, I'll add Bahamt <----SP if I get to play with him a little more. Your group seems pretty cool though. I may now be at the point where I don't ever have to LFG again thankfully!

I may now be at the point where I don't ever have to LFG again thankfully!
Haha that is great LFG sucks

My guys and I blasted through our Crota checkpoint and we got 2 handcannons and 2 scout rifles. Luckily I was one of the ones who got the handcannon!

and.

I.

freaking.

LOVE IT.

It just feels great. The zoom is smooth, the recoil is great, rate of fire is awesome, impact really packs a punch each shot. I am REALLY digging it and can see it becoming my main from now on. I plowed through a full set of bounties on my Titan and Warlock and used some telemetries and I am already almost full on the 3rd to last damage node so it will be maxed out tomorrow when I play again. It is so good haha I am so happy to have another handcannon. Last Word is awesome but not for PvE and I just never enjoyed Thorn really because it felt off, this one though just feels perfect.

Enough of me gushing over it hahah

Like got was saying earlier though, this means I literally need the Scout Rifle and the Crux of Crota and I have EVERYTHING Crota's End can offer (and Hunter class armor but that doesnt really count as I do not care hah).

While I hated the RNG from VoG at least it gave me reason to keep drudging through and a reason then to get our team together and spend the night playing the Raid. Now though I really do not see that happening here. I have all the exotics, I have basically everything from the Raid and so yeah. I think once I get the Scout and Crux I will probably primarily play other games until the next DLC. As much as I hate the last RNG, I hope the new Raid either has way more content to earn or they find a middle ground with the rewards.

Got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from the Xur engram, and just scored The Last Word from a legendary engram drop on Earth patrol.   Good day today!  

LinkinPrime said:
Got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from the Xur engram, and just scored The Last Word from a legendary engram drop on Earth patrol. Good day today!
Wow. In over 600 hours of this game I have never gotten an exotic from a random engram.

And Broly - I'm definitely jealous. I think my Raid group is sort of feeling the same in that most of them got weapons from our one Crota kill and they sort of feel done. Whereas I got crap and desperately want to run it again so I can get at least one of those two (hand cannon/scout rifle). Two of the guys ran it without me yesterday and one of them got a SECOND scout rifle. Damn... They said they'd run it tonight but that remains to be seen. I'm sort of hoping the Crux doesn't drop at least for a few more weeks because I feel it will take me that long to get those weapons (not to mention Hunger of Crota which the stupid RNG just doesn't want to give me).

What is your strategy for Crota? Our sword guy invariably (well all but one time when I was there) either gets killed from boomers or by taking too long and getting hit by Crota.

Got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from the Xur engram, and just scored The Last Word from a legendary engram drop on Earth patrol. Good day today!
I also got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from running Nightfall last night. Very cool looking helm, but has anyone used it? What is the net effectiveness of that "your siphon abilities are also improved" perk? Plus, I fail to see the usefulness of reduced damage when using Nova Bomb as NB takes all of one second to fire.

Still...that helm looks awesome with my raid gear, so I'll be wearing it regardless of its merits.

Wow... So several more hours of play tonight (and this morning!?). My regular crew beat him pretty quickly early on (around midnight) and I got the Scout rifle. Then much, much later (like 6:30 AM) we beat it with Vendetta and some of his friends and the swordbearer from my team and I got the hand cannon. We were at it for like 2 hours just on this run and were about 1 or 2 more tries from quitting. SO much BS (that they will never fix) kept us from winning like 3-4 times much earlier.

So, wow, now I have everything from the Hard mode except for the Crux which it doesn't seem anyone has. I even got the stupid re-skinned VoG sparrow this time.

Oh yeah, and there was that cool time earlier in the evening that I carried Vendetta's team at the second bridge as the only one still alive (on the side with the Ogres) - had to kill them both by myself and just barely pulled it off. That was pretty cool and definitely the best individual thing I've ever done in this game (or perhaps any game).

Totally exhausted but now I can get 4 hours of good sleep. It would have been pretty frustrating to stop there.

I know I should take the whole weekend off from this game, but all of a sudden I have 4 cool new weapons to level up and play with. So far I'm liking all of them for various reasons. They should make future Nightfalls much more fun to run through.

stuck on crota on hard on all three of my 32s and I just want to get his drops so I don't have to do hard mode anymore, it isn't near as fun to me as just running it easy mode

I have a Gorgon checkpoint if anyway wants to run it from that point on. I should be on around 9:30 pm- 10pm EST. Bxjoka is my gamertag just add me

Wow... So several more hours of play tonight (and this morning!?). My regular crew beat him pretty quickly early on (around midnight) and I got the Scout rifle. Then much, much later (like 6:30 AM) we beat it with Vendetta and some of his friends and the swordbearer from my team and I got the hand cannon. We were at it for like 2 hours just on this run and were about 1 or 2 more tries from quitting. SO much BS (that they will never fix) kept us from winning like 3-4 times much earlier.

So, wow, now I have everything from the Hard mode except for the Crux which it doesn't seem anyone has. I even got the stupid re-skinned VoG sparrow this time.

Oh yeah, and there was that cool time earlier in the evening that I carried Vendetta's team at the second bridge as the only one still alive (on the side with the Ogres) - had to kill them both by myself and just barely pulled it off. That was pretty cool and definitely the best individual thing I've ever done in this game (or perhaps any game).

Totally exhausted but now I can get 4 hours of good sleep. It would have been pretty frustrating to stop there.

I know I should take the whole weekend off from this game, but all of a sudden I have 4 cool new weapons to level up and play with. So far I'm liking all of them for various reasons. They should make future Nightfalls much more fun to run through.
That was almost spirit breaking BS that happened again to you, me, and hammer. Oh my god... So much BULLSHIT!

That said, at the bridge io was like:

Beast Mode: [ON] OFF

I was the last (4th guy) we were going to try to get over and I was forced to wipe because 1 of the guys on io's side and 1 guy on my side (not me) died. Otherwise I would have tried to make it over too ;)

Anywho, he handled both ogres (1 with a well timed synthesis and fatebringer shots to the dome). Then he pulled up behind a rock, destroyed a wizard then went to town on the ogre. He definitely went into total beast mode. :D

I'm so glad we finished what we started. I got the Scout Rifle. Now hopefully a run with my hunter nets me the Hand Cannon and I can be done with Crota on hard. ;)

I sense some Normal Runs on Crota in our future to get that damned Hunger of Crota :bomb:

Took me about 10 hours total or so but crota on hard was finally slain. Glowhoo has never looked so good. Too bad my drop was terrible, no land beyond.

I also got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from running Nightfall last night. Very cool looking helm, but has anyone used it? What is the net effectiveness of that "your siphon abilities are also improved" perk? Plus, I fail to see the usefulness of reduced damage when using Nova Bomb as NB takes all of one second to fire.

Still...that helm looks awesome with my raid gear, so I'll be wearing it regardless of its merits.
I'm thinking you take reduced damage while its in effect...but I could be wrong, its going to take me a while to upgrade and test out. Did you guys run Crota normal last night? I had to quit early as a family thing took me out of the game.

Wow. In over 600 hours of this game I have never gotten an exotic from a random engram.
Its my first time, I've only gotten like 2 or 3 legendary engram drops, this is the one time I got an exotic.

----------------------------

How do you guys find 2-3+ crews to run raids with....I'm having a hard time finding 1, I know I got help from some of you CAGs recently and I'm very appreciative but to find a crew to run stuff weekly seems almost impossible specially with my small windows every night. So jelly...I'm going to try to see if my luck improves with Dads of Destiny.

I'm thinking you take reduced damage while its in effect...but I could be wrong, its going to take me a while to upgrade and test out. Did you guys run Crota normal last night? I had to quit early as a family thing took me out of the game.

Its my first time, I've only gotten like 2 or 3 legendary engram drops, this is the one time I got an exotic.

How do you guys find 2-3+ crews to run raids with....I'm having a hard time finding 1, I know I got help from some of you CAGs recently and I'm very appreciative but to find a crew to run stuff weekly seems almost impossible specially with my small windows every night. So jelly...I'm going to try to see if my luck improves with Dads of Destiny.
Feel free to shoot me a message if I'm on. I've got two friends I run the weekly strikes with, but we can't seem to coordinate raid teams.

There are plenty of instances in PVP where you die before your super goes off. Even a bubble titan can be headshoted during his super animation.

Well I used to try to organize like 2 nights a week for VoG but now everybody's doing their own thing :p

Wow... So several more hours of play tonight (and this morning!?). My regular crew beat him pretty quickly early on (around midnight) and I got the Scout rifle. Then much, much later (like 6:30 AM) we beat it with Vendetta and some of his friends and the swordbearer from my team and I got the hand cannon. We were at it for like 2 hours just on this run and were about 1 or 2 more tries from quitting. SO much BS (that they will never fix) kept us from winning like 3-4 times much earlier.So, wow, now I have everything from the Hard mode except for the Crux which it doesn't seem anyone has. I even got the stupid re-skinned VoG sparrow this time.Oh yeah, and there was that cool time earlier in the evening that I carried Vendetta's team at the second bridge as the only one still alive (on the side with the Ogres) - had to kill them both by myself and just barely pulled it off. That was pretty cool and definitely the best individual thing I've ever done in this game (or perhaps any game).Totally exhausted but now I can get 4 hours of good sleep. It would have been pretty frustrating to stop there.I know I should take the whole weekend off from this game, but all of a sudden I have 4 cool new weapons to level up and play with. So far I'm liking all of them for various reasons. They should make future Nightfalls much more fun to run through.
How long after I left did you guys beat him?

^ We finished around 6:30-6:45 PST. So that was maybe 45 minutes after I think.

Tojokun1 said:
Took me about 10 hours total or so but crota on hard was finally slain. Glowhoo has never looked so good. Too bad my drop was terrible, no land beyond.
Ouch! I should add that I ended up with a Plan C dropped along with my Scout rifle the first time last night. We waited for the rewards screen to show up and I was the only one with a drop there. The second time no one got any exotics. But I had just gotten another Plan C from the Gorgon chest the day before. And I already had one...

gotdott said:
Well I used to try to organize like 2 nights a week for VoG but now everybody's doing their own thing :p
Our CAG crew was getting pretty good there on VoG for a while. For me, it was always just a little too early and we kept having people quit the game (some of our early crew like Bear, AngryDragon, etc). I know we have competent subs now but the timing is always bad for me. Early evening (PST) is always busy with me and the kids. BUT, since Vendetta and I need to run non-Hard for that HoC maybe we can save one character per week at least for that from our other groups.

I have not seen anyone who had not yet run Normal get any Normal weapon drops from Hard mode. So this is not like VoG where the hard items are just added to the loot pool. It seems to be completely independent loot pools. The people who did not run Normal would maybe get the Pulse Rifle and then like 4 or 5 shards along with it (instead of, say, an armor piece). The helm does drop at Crota though. And of course the chests are the same (including the Deathsinger drop). So if you do that only on Hard, you get what you'd get on Normal at those points.

Edit: You know what, I take that back about the Normal mode drops on Hard. I just watched the end of my video from when I soloed the second part and I saw that the others did get armor drops there (I got 3 shards). So it appears to be only on Crota himself that the Normal mode weapons don't drop even if you haven't run Normal. I'll share a couple of videos when I get back in a bit.

I'm actually missing 3 Normal mode items: Hunger of Crota, and the class items for both Warlock and Hunter.

RADa5AURU5 said:
Oh good, it wasn't just me then ;P
Nah, we almost had him a few times when you were there. It just comes down to flawless execution plus a lot of luck (no glitches, not having the Swordbearer hide, etc). Sure, being 31 isn't the best, but I think we only had one wipe out of dozens just because of that. Hell, I got killed by that stupid ogre once myself too. Once we got it down where we killed both of them before leaving that room we were able to get it done.

Here's the video from the bridge section. Unfortunately this is just the very end and not the part where I was playing tag around that rock with the first Ogre. That was the fun part ;).

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F5436A52761880D4!3855&authkey=!AAeJ5gX0m1w_1aY&ithint=video%2cmp4

And here's the Crota kill. It looks like I actually missed with my first rocket because at the last second I remembered to adjust myself away from the window and then didn't lock-on in time. We had a wipe on a previous run because we forgot about the thralls that spawn behind the glass and can hit you through it. This time everyone stepped forward and no one got killed.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F5436A52761880D4!3854&authkey=!AIp-OqJWlq0GQho&ithint=video%2cmp4

Vendetta_x360 said:
\
I was the last (4th guy) we were going to try to get over and I was forced to wipe because 1 of the guys on io's side and 1 guy on my side (not me) died. Otherwise I would have tried to make it over too ;)
Oh, yeah, we had 3 over on the far side and just had the rest of you guys on the first side wipe after we lost one and you lost one, and thus we couldn't open up the bridge any more (at least not without great difficulty). But then the other guy with me got killed before we could do anything to the ogres. I was tempted just to wipe but I'm glad I stuck it out ;).

Broly - just saw your post on the previous page about your buddy wasting 5 hours and 40 heavy synths. I went through quite a few myself. I had gotten like 50 or so on each of my characters but I'm pretty low on my Hunter after last night's run. I wish I had bought even more from Xur 2 weeks ago. A lot of people I know are running out. That's even more reason why it was so cool of Chammer (from my other group) to run the sword for us even though he had already beaten it with his Hunter (but still hasn't on his Warlock since he'd need someone else to run the sword). He used a synth on nearly every attempt since he fires rockets at the swordbearer as he is chasing him down to get the sword. As scrubs up top just had to pop one every 3 or 4 runs depending on the drops we got in the beginning. He even went back to the Tower at one point to buy more.

I'd like to help him beat it with his Warlock but I'm not going to be much help with the sword. I have a feeling, though, that as people get more familiar with it, they'll be able to do it with other classes besides the Hunter (so that he can run sword with his Warlock). I mean, I'm sure some people already have, but it certainly seems more difficult. Of course once we can get past level 32 in not that many weeks, it should be much easier.

Once again I'd like to point out how this Raid is the polar opposite of the "way we intended it to be played" (according to Bungie) on the Vault of Glass. They took away the specialization in the Atheon encounter by making the teleports random. On Crota, you have very rigid and specialized roles (sword bearer first and foremost, but also "Crota downers" and "Boomer bashers").

And here's the Crota kill. It looks like I actually missed with my first rocket because at the last second I remembered to adjust myself away from the window and then didn't lock-on in time. We had a wipe on a previous run because we forgot about the thralls that spawn behind the glass and can hit you through it. This time everyone stepped forward and no one got killed.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F5436A52761880D4!3854&authkey=!AIp-OqJWlq0GQho&ithint=video%2cmp4
Nice.

It looked like you guys don't bother popping the titan bubble on the tower, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back