Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so mad after 2 hard Crota runs yesterday. Still no more gear for hunter except arms (only ever had one each of boots & chest), titan gear has intellect only, more warlock pieces than I could ever want (already had the health regen w orb p/u helm, so....). GRRR. I got a 5th word of Crota and 3 radiant shards, a 4th Fang and 3 radiant shards each Crota win. I went back to tower to see I got No Land beyond with my titan...again (primary's were full). I toiled away with some friends for 3 hours full of terrible lag to finally kill Crota. ALL I WANT is the ship, but nooooo.

2 of them get a word, a fang, a ship, a crux, and shards (one each time we beat Crota, not simultaneously). I got back to my hunter in orbit looking around, none of his weapon slots were full, so I knew there was nothing at the postmaster. Looked very close.....and I got a SECOND GJALLARHORN somehow. Not sure if it was Deathsingers or Crota, but I wanted Red Death, Thunderlord, or mostly, Suros Regime. When I did the doubletake, I was SO happy. I promised myself the characters that get the weapons keep them. No swapping until doubles of weapons. This makes it where I can use the 2nd on my titan & give the Hunger to my Warlock. This week wasn't a waste :D. I also needed Praxic Fire and Arachnid helms so Xur gets a pass since I spent all my motes re-rolling Radegast's Fury & it's still trash. The only exotic armor I lack in the game (ironically, since my warlock is my most played and fav character) is the Obsidian Mind and the Apotheosis Veil, then I'll have all armor. I can't wait to rock the Ruin Wings on my 32 Titan w a Gally.  

BTW, I love reading about you guys' exploits here. They're so similar to my friends', but they don't do forum posts, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done Glass on normal once, I joined a hard Glass raid but just during the last part of it and beat it, and I have yet to beat Crota, but I have played through the beginning parts of it once.

Everytime my ragtag group of raiders invite me to play crota, they are always just on the last part.
I'm sherpa'ing a group tonight (don't know exactly what raid yet) of pretty much newbies. 9 pm EST or a bit earlier if we can. I believe we have 5 so far if you were interested in joining. I've never sherpa'd before but I'm a pretty understanding and patient guy who has done both raids on both difficulties many times.

I won't able to this weekend, I got too many papers to write for college that are due lol

Just add my Gamertag and we might be able to play next weekend! :D

Gamertag: SirPwntALot

Sherpa'd a group and guy gets gjallarhorn from Atheon. My ear still hurts from the excitement.
So it is still worth doing Atheon, I've been avoiding the vault other than gorgon chest. I got NLB from Deathsinger last night and some 12 year old got his second gally, so annoying. 'Horns seem to be dropping a lot lately though, maybe Bungie adjusted the odds in the RNG to keep the carrot in front of our noses.

I think I might feel like playing a little tonight after work anyone want to meet up to run the weekly and or nightfall? I could be on around 11:00 est and I am a level 30 warlock.

If anyone gets a Crota raid going, count me in. I will be online tonight around 9:30 est, if you see me online, send me an invite even if I'm not playing destiny. :D

chubbyninja1319 said:
If anyone gets a Crota raid going, count me in. I will be online tonight around 9:30 est, if you see me online, send me an invite even if I'm not playing destiny. :D
I might be up for that as well.

So remember how I said the achievements for Crucible glitched out on me from Iron Banner? Well, IB finished up last Monday. Since then I've played Destiny every day. I've done a hard reset of my Xbox One. After several days I just figured they were glitched - or maybe I needed to play a real Crucible match to trigger them (instead of all Iron Banner like I did last week).

Then last night I'm starting a Patrol and the screen freezes for a bit, then it boots me to the title screen complaining that it can't contact Destiny servers. When I log back in I get SEVEN achievements to pop. I got even more than I thought I did. I got one for the 50 control points, one each for killing 100 of each Guardian type (that one surprised me), one for maxing Crucible for the week (surprised this one came through since I was back to 0 again), one for 20 (I think) heavy weapon kills, and even the "strike first" one which was a big surprise because usually I take it slow. I have no idea when I would have gotten that last one. So, yeah, interesting that you can pretty much knock nearly all the PvP achievements out in one week of Iron Banner.

And the trick to getting achievements to pop is to lose contact with the Destiny servers in-game. How odd... Like I said I did a hard reset of the system a few days ago. For sure that triggers a reset of the server connection even if quitting the game doesn't. And yet it actually takes an in-game crash of the server connection to sync the achievements. Bizarre.

I've been working on my Bad Juju since apparently that is the new OP weapon in PvP. Vex Mythoclast and Suros (thank god) apparently have been nerfed too far and Bad Juju (and Red Death) boosted. At least that's what everyone on the Bungie forums seems to be saying.

That is just bizarre that you have to lose connection to the server to get the cheevo's to pop. I need one more crucible achievement, so I should spend more time there.

So my buddy wants help doing VoG on Normal.

I haven't touched Normal or even VoG really in seemingly FOREVER. Are there any things I should be aware of? I feel like I have been out of the Destiny loop for a while hahah. Last I recall was the Templar glitch being fixed but that is about it.

In the same vein, how about the weapon balance? I was planning on just using Fatebringer, Black Hammer and G-Horn, those all still solid I presume? I know handcannons got a nerf but is it that bad?

BrolyB593 said:
In the same vein, how about the weapon balance? I was planning on just using Fatebringer, Black Hammer and G-Horn, those all still solid I presume? I know handcannons got a nerf but is it that bad?
Yeah, those are still fine. Black Hammer does work on Atheon. I guess I actually haven't used Fatebringer since the patch, but apparently the damage dropoff at distance is worse now. You may want to use Word of Crota instead, though, since it is better to have the Void damage on the Minotaur/Praetorian shields. That wrecked them last time I did it. And maybe bring Vision of Confluence as well in case the nerf to Fatebringer is more than you expect.

Yeah, those are still fine. Black Hammer does work on Atheon. I guess I actually haven't used Fatebringer since the patch, but apparently the damage dropoff at distance is worse now. You may want to use Word of Crota instead, though, since it is better to have the Void damage on the Minotaur/Praetorian shields. That wrecked them last time I did it. And maybe bring Vision of Confluence as well in case the nerf to Fatebringer is more than you expect.
Sounds good, thanks!

Apparently he needs two more. Lame. (If anyone for some reason needs a normal VoG run let me know haha) I feel weird running him through VoG on Normal since there is literally no useful rewards really from there is there? Are exotic drops now new ones there at least?

BrolyB593 said:
Are exotic drops now new ones there at least?
Yeah, you still have a chance at a new (level 331) exotic from the chest and from Atheon.

I still need one Normal and/or Hard Crota run for this week (at least up until Crota). Anyone still up for that?

Edit: Jumped into a bridge cheese with Broly. Broly, not only did I get the Warlock chest piece, I found an Abyss Defiant in the post when I went back to the tower. And I got 3 energy and 3 shards. That was a pretty good haul for that one checkpoint. I got my original Warlock chest piece one of the my very first Crota runs (maybe even the first day) and haven't gotten another one since then in countless follow-up runs. My original one was all Int but with a low roll and it had auto rifle and shotgun perks which to me are pretty useless. The one I got today is an Int/Disc build with a roll over 150 combined and it has scout and sniper rifle extra ammo perks. Now I have something else to level up while I work on Bad Juju so that's nice!

Then afterwards I went into some Roc strikes and on one I got a legendary engram. Those nearly always turn into ascendant energy for me - or at best some legenedary weapon I didn't need. I think this is the very first time I've had one turn into an exotic. I mean, I think that's the first time in 700 hours I've ever pulled an exotic from an engram (besides Xur's of course). Was it something awesome like Suros or Red Death? No - it was No Land Beyond. Talk about being excited and let down all at once ;).

And Broly, like I messaged you I can help your buddies with Crota on Normal. I think it can pretty much just be done by 2 people. The others just need to stay out of the way/stay alive. If you can do sword (which I suck at) I can pop heavies and take down Crota by myself. I think it only takes 2 rockets as a level 32 on Normal, right? And we can do it in just two swords I think. Even if we need to handle ogres, that is much easier on Normal with being able to go down to the lower room.

io, did you try to log out of your profile from the in game menu?  that always worked in the past for 'glitched' achievements.  Either way, glad yours unlocked eventually.

Always ran scout riles in the past so don't really feel the weapons changes that much.  For Atheon I still run VoC/Atheon Ep with Black Hammer.  BH does 20k damage per crit vs atheon with Weapons of Light active and since you can crit him over and over it is like rapid fire due to the instant reloads.  

Maxed out G-horn #3 tonight.  Was going to work on a Suros next but maybe I'll go to bad Juju or Red Death instead due to the new weapon changes.  

For some odd reason tonight a thought randomly popped into my head about getting the game on PS4 so I could see all the exclusive content before it drops on XB1 later this year.  Glad that thought went away quickly, lol.  I need to throw in this Dragon Age copy  I got from gamefly and start spending some time on that instead.  :beer:

Yeah, I always log out from the Menu every time I quit. Then I quit the game from the dashboard as well.

And yeah, the thought popped in my head to get the PS4 version as well. But no... as much as I play this game that would just be going too far.

So today I ran a bunch of bounties on all 3 characters to max out my Bad Juju. And can I say, that thing is a beast! I can't believe more people didn't rave about it before. I'm not sure how much better it is due to the pulse rifle buff, but it is awesome now. I'm just talking about PvE here - I won't try it out in Crucible till the next Iron Banner. But once you unlock the later perks, you get a pluse rifle with auto-fire, good stability, and decent impact (for a pulse rifle, anyway) that also refills the magazine with every kill and recharges your super. Just running around the Cosmodrome I had super after super and could just kill things continuously without reloading much at all. If only it had some elemental damage as well. But anyway, now I really need to get a Hunger of Crota so I have a decent rocket launcher to pair with it.

Hey, Broly, sorry I bailed on you guys last night.  I was hoping to help (and get a few shards or a nice exotic drop) but I needed to make some progress in Dragon Age this weekend.  Did you ever take down Crota? 

Edit: Jumped into a bridge cheese with Broly. Broly, not only did I get the Warlock chest piece, I found an Abyss Defiant in the post when I went back to the tower. And I got 3 energy and 3 shards. That was a pretty good haul for that one checkpoint. I got my original Warlock chest piece one of the my very first Crota runs (maybe even the first day) and haven't gotten another one since then in countless follow-up runs. My original one was all Int but with a low roll and it had auto rifle and shotgun perks which to me are pretty useless. The one I got today is an Int/Disc build with a roll over 150 combined and it has scout and sniper rifle extra ammo perks. Now I have something else to level up while I work on Bad Juju so that's nice!

And Broly, like I messaged you I can help your buddies with Crota on Normal. I think it can pretty much just be done by 2 people. The others just need to stay out of the way/stay alive. If you can do sword (which I suck at) I can pop heavies and take down Crota by myself. I think it only takes 2 rockets as a level 32 on Normal, right? And we can do it in just two swords I think. Even if we need to handle ogres, that is much easier on Normal with being able to go down to the lower room.
Nice! Glad you got some good stuff!

And yeah that does sound pretty solid for Crota Normal, thank you! I am not sure honestly when the next time I will be on but the next time they sucker me back in I will definitely check if you are available! : )

Hey, Broly, sorry I bailed on you guys last night. I was hoping to help (and get a few shards or a nice exotic drop) but I needed to make some progress in Dragon Age this weekend. Did you ever take down Crota?
No worries! Without any g-horns or synth we were pretty much screwed either way. We ended up just going to hard and getting the first 2 checkpoints at least.

Hey, I will probably be on tonight and haven't run Crota at all this week.  If anyone is on and still needs it, or has a partial they want to finish, send me an invite.  

simosaurus said:
Hey, I will probably be on tonight and haven't run Crota at all this week. If anyone is on and still needs it, or has a partial they want to finish, send me an invite.
My Warlock has lots of partial bits to run. I need the lamps, but not the abyss. And I could use the second chest and Deathsingers, but not Crota. So, yeah, I'll run it if you want - has to be as late as possible though.

My Warlock has lots of partial bits to run. I need the lamps, but not the abyss. And I could use the second chest and Deathsingers, but not Crota. So, yeah, I'll run it if you want - has to be as late as possible though.
Well. I'm one of the ESTers, so if I'm on, it will probably be "early" for you.

Guess I picked a good week to be gone.  Hardly any of my regular friends have been playing the last couple of days.  Thanks to io, for letting me use his Gorgon CP since my group probably won't get around to Atheon this week.  And thanks to him for helping me get 1 of my 2 remaining nightfalls done.  Will probably just finish that up tonight and either do some bounties or play something else until reset time. :)

I see you are on now - I might be able to run it in 30-60 minutes.
I think that this is the week of giving thanks to io. Thanks io for getting us through that CE raid (well, 90%). And getting as far as we did with only 4 people felt pretty cool to me.

See ya'll for Nightfall tomorrow.

Hah, well, I felt bad we had to stop at Crota since I'm not comfortable running the sword. But, yeah, with a good swordbearer, you could do that part with 3-4 people pretty easily I think. We've done it with 5 on Hard. On Normal you get one person sniping boomers and 1 or 2 others shooting Crota, and it should go pretty smoothly.

I'm hoping I can convince the group tonight to run it on Normal up to Crota, then switch characters and kill Crota 3 times real quick. Then start over on Hard for at least 1 run.

I think that this is the week of giving thanks to io. Thanks io for getting us through that CE raid (well, 90%). And getting as far as we did with only 4 people felt pretty cool to me.

See ya'll for Nightfall tomorrow.
Indeed. I'm looking forward to trying out my new Thunderlord tonight. Thanks, io.

defiance_17 said:
Indeed. I'm looking forward to trying out my new Thunderlord tonight. Thanks, io.
The next Nightfall is supposedly Sepkis Prime with Arc burn, so that is perfect to try out Thunderlord.

If the guy who predicted this is right (and he was right about Xur's stock last week), then Xur will have the following this week:

March 6th
•Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
•Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
•Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
•Icebreaker
•Chest Engram
•Heavy Ammo

Anyone who didn't load up on Heavy Ammo synth (like Broly's friends who hadn't beaten Crota yet) should do it this week.

Hmmm... That Helm of Saint 14 has a 21 higher roll than the one I already have. That's enough for me to buy another and level it up.

Also, while I thought I had all the armor, it appears I don't have Skull of Dire Ahamkara. And the Young Ahamkara's Spine is better than mine as well... So I might end up buying all 3 of Xur's armor items this week!

The next Nightfall is supposedly Sepkis Prime with Arc burn, so that is perfect to try out Thunderlord.
If this is true, then my LDR is gonna see a whole mess more Nightfall action.. from behind the looking glass ;)

Did 3 full Normal Crota runs, 3 VoG Gorgon chest runs, and 3 Nightfalls all between 1 and 5 this morning. I got a Dragon's Breath and Helm of Inmost Light (both of which I already had) from all of that. I did not get a Hunger of Crota.

We almost got the flawless raider achievement. We had one guy die on the Deathsingers. The trickiest part was the initial plunge at the beginning. We had 5 deaths in a row at that part on our second attempt (and then kept restarting). On the third and final run we cruised through and thought we had it made until one guy got a little too aggressive on Ir Yut and died in the crystal chamber (after she was dead I think).

But other than that initial plunge (which you can always restart quickly), the real hardest parts are the Abyss and the Deathsinger. On Abyss we had someone die the first attempt. I almost died that 3rd time. It can get a little dicey when you have 3 people over and need to open up the bridge for the remaining 3. The boomers can do a number on you when you need to stay on the totem. And Deathsinger is just unpredictable if she hides behind the crystal - or like happened with me and Simo last week and she glitched outside the glass and couldn't be hit from inside any more. Crota was a breeze on Normal - if we can only get to that point I think we'd be home free. But then watch that glitch out on us and have Crota chop the invisible sword guy or something.

I guess we'll just keep trying it each week as something new to do.

I'd love to get that flawless raider achievement someday, but I just don't have the patience for it.  That and my guess is that one of the many glitches at Crota would throw a wrench in the plan after investing 30 minutes to get there.  If you are going to keep running it though then it is worth trying for it since you have a solid team together.  It is not like there is really anything else left to do in the game at this point other than try to collect the exotics you might not have.

I ground through the Nightfall and Weekly on all 3 characters, including 4 runs with Simosaurus.  By the time I got to my 3rd character I was pretty wiped out, glad the strike is so easy especially with Patience and Time.  Scored a Suros and Last Word, which isn't even very exciting since I have all the weapons already.  Took some time off then did a Oracle/Templar run to get the gorgons chest, which gave nothing but shard/energy on all 3 characters.  I called it a night at that point.  Maybe I'll do my normal Crota runs tonight, but I really might just take a day off and play something else.  

I do like how the guy that is predicting what Nightfall will be and what Xur will sell seems to be onto something.   Isn't it the same person who found the new expansion content wasn't dropping until May?    Glad that someone out there is getting information out for us ahead of time, because this truly is a dark time for the game.  We were saying last night that we might be in a 2+ month drought now that the 1.1.1 update that they talked about for months has released.

Did 3 full Normal Crota runs, 3 VoG Gorgon chest runs, and 3 Nightfalls all between 1 and 5 this morning. I got a Dragon's Breath and Helm of Inmost Light (both of which I already had) from all of that. I did not get a Hunger of Crota.

We almost got the flawless raider achievement. We had one guy die on the Deathsingers. The trickiest part was the initial plunge at the beginning. We had 5 deaths in a row at that part on our second attempt (and then kept restarting). On the third and final run we cruised through and thought we had it made until one guy got a little too aggressive on Ir Yut and died in the crystal chamber (after she was dead I think).

But other than that initial plunge (which you can always restart quickly), the real hardest parts are the Abyss and the Deathsinger. On Abyss we had someone die the first attempt. I almost died that 3rd time. It can get a little dicey when you have 3 people over and need to open up the bridge for the remaining 3. The boomers can do a number on you when you need to stay on the totem. And Deathsinger is just unpredictable if she hides behind the crystal - or like happened with me and Simo last week and she glitched outside the glass and couldn't be hit from inside any more. Crota was a breeze on Normal - if we can only get to that point I think we'd be home free. But then watch that glitch out on us and have Crota chop the invisible sword guy or something.

I guess we'll just keep trying it each week as something new to do.
Yeah that was me that died that first attempt. We definitely need to have a titan on that left side because of the damn boomers. I got destroyed :bomb:. I don't know about you but I was dying laughing at everyone dying when we were jumping down the hole into the lamps. Foxy jinxed the whole thing though ;) I think we have it down next week.

Drop wise for me this week:

Gorgon:

-3x Class Items and a buncha shards and energy :roll:

Crota:

-Patience & Time = Exotic Shard

-Some other exotic weapon that wasn't Red Death, I can't remember... So essentially an Exotic Shard. ;)

-io's Hunger of Crota... :oops:

-2 helmets (Hunter & Titan) with Orb Regens health (got both on Normal runs...)

-1 more helmet for my Hunter (so 2 total this week) but with a shit roll

Nightfalls/Weeklies:

-Apotheosis Veil - bad roll

-A decent hand cannon, probably not gonna keep it.

-Ascendent Shards... :bomb:

-Got a shit rocket launcher from an Legendary Engram from weekly.

I think I want to marathon 3 Atheon kills one night this week. I'm determined to get Red Death dammit! If the dataminer is correct and Xur sells Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Saint-14 this week, I will only need Ruin Wings exotic armor wise and Red Death gun wise.

Oddly, I still have not gotten the Titan Class item from Crota either. Got my 3rd kill on Crota on hard wielding the sword. We had 2 inept people on our first go at it. 1 had no mic, other didn't talk, we did the titan bubble method and the bastard puts it down but leaves it so the aggro from the boomers went to me and I died on a flawless run. Thankfully both rage quit, picked 2 off LFG and boom done the first time. I feel confident I can run sword now! :)

EDIT:

@Rad

Sorry man I was AFK when you sent that message. I have gorgon CP and can pass it or just sit there while you bring your guys in to grab the chest.

Oddly, I still have not gotten the Titan Class item from Crota either. Got my 3rd kill on Crota on hard wielding the sword. We had 2 inept people on our first go at it. 1 had no mic, other didn't talk, we did the titan bubble method and the bastard puts it down but leaves it so the aggro from the boomers went to me and I died on a flawless run. Thankfully both rage quit, picked 2 off LFG and boom done the first time. I feel confident I can run sword now! :)

EDIT:

@Rad
Sorry man I was AFK when you sent that message. I have gorgon CP and can pass it or just sit there while you bring your guys in to grab the chest.
We should have sent a clip of the very next flawless run to those two guys who quit (and the one who quit earlier than that). That kind of reminded me of the time way back when you could cheese Atheon off the back platform and I was trying to do that with an LFG group. One guy took it upon himself to be the leader and was barking commands at everyone. After a few wipes he was getting more and more frustrated and called us all incompetent and rage quit (though to be fair the portal team kept wiping because I think they missed that first Oracle). I then took it over and got it done in another try or two ;).

And Rad - you really missed out by being AFK last night. We invited you into that hard Crota kill a few times last night. I also invited you to the Gorgon checkpoint when I gave it to Vendetta. You were just sitting there in orbit.

Vendetta - I'll run Atheon with you if you need another. I could use both Red Death and Suros. I also need another lamp/abyss run on Hard (with my Warlock so I can self-res at Abyss) and two more hard Crota kills as well. And all 3 Heroic weeklies.

If I turn my box off while in orbit does it show me as still being in orbit? I was off pretty early last night. Thanks for the invites, hopefully I'll get another chance later this week.

Anybody playing later tonight and want to hold my hand for the Nightfall? I probably can be on around 11:00 est. my gamertag is ajh2298 feel free to add me.

Yea, I need that Warlock Helm too if the prediction is correct.  Only Armentanium and Mask of 3rd man after that.

If you guys are doing that hard atheon run or any crota kills and need someone I'd probably be down tonight.

Also if anyone needs gorgon chest I have cp too so just let me know.

If I turn my box off while in orbit does it show me as still being in orbit? I was off pretty early last night. Thanks for the invites, hopefully I'll get another chance later this week.
Never thought of it, but maybe if you're in that rest/sleep/standby mode instead of completely powered down.

Buddies I played with before want to play again tonight. I told them I would help them kill Crota (io if you are on I will recruit you haha) and then do Hard VOG Oracles/Templar for some possible weapon drops.

Anyone have the Hard VoG Oracle Checkpoint I can mooch off of you?

BrolyB593 said:
Buddies I played with before want to play again tonight. I told them I would help them kill Crota (io if you are on I will recruit you haha) and then do Hard VOG Oracles/Templar for some possible weapon drops.

Anyone have the Hard VoG Oracle Checkpoint I can mooch off of you?
Yeah, what time? I can help. Crota is so easy on Normal I'm sure we can get it done quickly even if your friends just stay out of the way and try not to get killed.

I have the gorgon checkpoint so that is after all that. Vendetta might have one though - I know he was going to get one from a friend of his.

For VoG I'm more interested just in beating Atheon for the potential exotic drop. Yeah I still don't have the Foil off of Oracles but I would never use that and since it isn't an exotic I don't feel the need to "collect" it either.

Yeah, what time? I can help. Crota is so easy on Normal I'm sure we can get it done quickly even if your friends just stay out of the way and try not to get killed.

I have the gorgon checkpoint so that is after all that. Vendetta might have one though - I know he was going to get one from a friend of his.

For VoG I'm more interested just in beating Atheon for the potential exotic drop. Yeah I still don't have the Foil off of Oracles but I would never use that and since it isn't an exotic I don't feel the need to "collect" it either.
They said they are getting on around 7pm Central but will likely be on a few hours.

I think they got to Deathsinger so they are pretty much at Crota though. In terms of VoG, I havent touched it in forever. How hard are the Confluxes with max gear?

BrolyB593 said:
They said they are getting on around 7pm Central but will likely be on a few hours.

I think they got to Deathsinger so they are pretty much at Crota though. In terms of VoG, I havent touched it in forever. How hard are the Confluxes with max gear?
Confluxes are still hard - gear doesn't make too much difference.

I can't play till after 9pm Pacific.

Ended up just getting them the first two checkpoints on hard Crota and then did Crota normal. Hopped in with Simo and Chubby as we did the Nightfall and then they joined us all as we did VoG Normal haha

While the game itself has no real draw for me anymore it is still a blast just playing with friends in it : )

Yeah, other than getting the shards to get to level 32, the fun of playing with pals is the main draw at this point.  It was a good time playing through the majority of the VoG.  I hadn't done that in a long time.  Much easier now, lol!

I still need the first two checkpoints on Crota hard mode for one character. I might hop on now.

I still need the first two checkpoints on Crota hard mode for one character. I might hop on now.

io said:

If the guy who predicted this is right (and he was right about Xur's stock last week), then Xur will have the following this week:

March 6th
•Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
•Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
•Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
•Icebreaker
•Chest Engram
•Heavy Ammo
Just quoting this because that guy was spot on. This is what Xur has. He is down on the right were that bar area is.

I bought all 3 armor items because I didn't have the Skull and the other two are 20+ points better than the ones I have and it's easy enough to level those up while I'm doing other stuff. Luckily I had just started leveling up the Young Ahamkara's Spine so I didn't lose much progress there. Of course my Saint-14 has been maxed for a while for the Raid.

Ended up just getting them the first two checkpoints on hard Crota and then did Crota normal. Hopped in with Simo and Chubby as we did the Nightfall and then they joined us all as we did VoG Normal haha

While the game itself has no real draw for me anymore it is still a blast just playing with friends in it : )
Yeah, I'm 7 shards away from getting a second character to 32 and after that, there's not much for me to do, aside from chasing that elusive G-Horn. :wall: I'm not trying to collect all the gear, but I'd really like to get that one. Even so, the game just continues to be fun to play. Your friends were good guys last night and once we got to Aethon, I can't say I was playing any better than a newbie myself.

Interesting discussion of the techniques Bunge used to make the FPS view more realistic:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/5/8158001/destiny-animation-motion-sickness

I have had problems with nausea in FPS games in the past and yet I can play Destiny for hours straight without issue. So they definitely did something right there.
Those technical articles usually don't interest me too much, but I found this fascinating. Mostly because I haven't been able to pin down what makes the FPS in Destiny "better" and this finally explains it. Good read.

Just quoting this because that guy was spot on. This is what Xur has. He is down on the right were that bar area is.

I bought all 3 armor items because I didn't have the Skull and the other two are 20+ points better than the ones I have and it's easy enough to level those up while I'm doing other stuff. Luckily I ad just started leveling up the Young Ahamkara's Spine so I didn't lose much progress there. Of course my Saint-14 has been maxed for a while for the Raid.
Nothing for me this week outside of some more heavy synth. I wonder what he'll have next week. Good to know someone has figured out Xur's stock.

Interesting discussion of the techniques Bunge used to make the FPS view more realistic:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/5/8158001/destiny-animation-motion-sickness

I have had problems with nausea in FPS games in the past and yet I can play Destiny for hours straight without issue. So they definitely did something right there.
That was an awesome little article. SUPER SUPER SUPER true statement at the end. As an artist people expect you to be able to just pump stuff out and that is likely why many games look janky. Give us the time and we will make that shit amazing haha

Your friends were good guys last night and once we got to Aethon, I can't say I was playing any better than a newbie myself.
Hahah oh hush! We got it done : P

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back