Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also at a tipping point with Vault and postmaster space so I could never transfer enough gear to do it. I keep holding out for that vault space upgrade to drop, but I'm not sure I can wait more than a week or so at this point.
I'm stuck at this issue too.

I want to create my Exo Hunter but have no where I can put my guns. Vault has 1 open slot, the rest is filled with exotics or Crota raid weapons. I might be able to juggle stuff around to free up some slots, but I'd still end up trashing a bunch of things. Hell, I've got 8 primaries alone that I'd want to keep/move over.

Seems like too much work TBH. I'll just wait and see if the new, bigger vault system does make it into the game.

So I did get my IB rank to 4. I could have gotten to 5 if I had another hour or two to play but I was like 4 hours from having to catch a plane and I needed a bit of sleep.

I was doing great at the end, too, and I got my Thorn bounty to 350 or so! I'll have to wait for the next IB to get it done I guess.

I also got a Gheleon's Demise as a drop! Unfortunately I wasted like 70 motes trying to get a good roll and never ended up with one as good as the one it started with. I read some post online that said you want to roll it with Fitted Stock which has a 33% chance of being in the roll. Well, they must have changed something because in about 35 rolls I never once got that. So I settled for Rodeo and Third Eye I think (and I think it came with those to begin with).

On the other hand, I was able to roll my Jolden's Hammer into something good with only 2 rolls. I got it to Void with a few good perks (I forget which but it should be on my Warlock right now). Maybe I can use that for the Thorn bounty although Corrective Measure is pretty damn good as is.

I never did that third Crota kill last week. I won't be able to play again until late next Monday night. Hopefully I can grab the Gorgon chest from you Vendetta and then maybe run some Nightfalls and/or normal Crota kills before the reset.

When you guys talk about using motes to get better "rolls" on items what do you mean?

Sorry if that's a stupid question.
You're spending motes for the chance to get better perks for your guns.

So let's say your gun has the "mulligan" perk. You could re-roll it to see if you get something better like "explosive rounds".

No guarantee what you'll get since there's still RNG mixed into the process.

Drops so far this week:

-Plan C

-Dragon's Breath

-No Land Beyond

-3 of the 4 raid items for my warlock

-Mark of The Pit!  Finally got the last Crota item I needed.

-Hunger of Crota :oops:

Sorry io....

Can be on tonight around 10:30pm est if anybody is interested in running any non DLC missions, strikes, nightfall, or VoG raid. My gamertag is ajh2298.

Ok quick question I have a fully maxed out "Three Little Words" Pulse Rifle plus the Bad Juju bounty should I get the Multi Tool from Xur this week? I have a total of 24 coins to spend.

Ok quick question I have a fully maxed out "Three Little Words" Pulse Rifle plus the Bad Juju bounty should I get the Multi Tool from Xur this week? I have a total of 24 coins to spend.
Do you like scout rifles? I think Vision of Confluence and the Mida Multi Tool are the best SRs in the game, but they are fundamentally different from pulse rifles. MMT has good stability and range with some agility perks that come in handy in the CE raid.

If you are really happy with your PRs and have other mid to long range weapons you are already comfortable with, you could pass on the Multi Tool.

Wow. Especially surprised at only 1/3 of players having equipped one exotic armor piece. You'd think that would be a gimme by now with Xur appearing every week. But I guess a lot of people never even make it to 20.
Keep in mind that the stats are all skewed. The numbers are based on the PS trophy system. I've seen people who exclusively play PvP in Destiny for whatever reason, and I've seen people who have only completed the first three missions and called it quits on this game. These stats include them as well. Those are "non-players" in my book (as opposed to "casual" players and hardcores) who should not be included. All these numbers are skewed downwards. More accurate stats should only include people who have played for X hours, or reached a certain level with at least one character. (Though a quit % would be interesting as well -- how many people started Destiny, but never reached, say, level 20?)

Every time I have seen an exotic MIDA drop, people get all excited about it, but it has never been a go to gun for me, and this comes from someone who loves scout rifles. I still used the Vision of Confluence up until I got a Fang of Ir Yut from Crota.

I don't like running with an exotic as my main weapon in PvE since I usually have Ice Breaker or Ghallarhorn equipped. In PvP I prefer Suros or Vex as my primary with Swordbreaker and Corrective Measure (which I will replace with Jolder's Hammer next Iron Banner, if I'm still playing, lol).

People rave about Bad Juju so if I were you I'd work on finishing that bounty and pass on the MIDA Multi Tool especially since you do not have many coins.

Hey all. Anyone still looking to run a Crota raid (hard or normal) this weekend?
I'd be down for a hard mode run or some cheese on the first few parts. Even better if we could find a good swordbearer for some hard mode kills. I need mats to upgrade more guns.

Speaking of that they said in the weekly update that the vault expansion is coming sometime in April. It will take weapon space from 20 to 36. Armor and Other items go from 20 to 24. Hopefully that means next week, but they will probably keep us waiting until the end of the month.

Well my last exotic armor piece was just like my last weapon.... Xur'ned...  I was hoping I would get both via RNG but oh well.  Now I have every exotic gun and armor.  I'm going to probably be playing considerably less seeing as how the only thing I have left is to get materials, level up exotics and go for ships/shaders.

I am going to try and dedicate Tuesdays to Destiny and maybe an hour here or there during the week to try and get some bounties done but I'm going to cut down my Destiny time considerably.

Had a pretty productive day for myself got and finished the Super Good Advice bounty. Also was able to complete the last five strikes I needed plus all the multiplayer requirements to get Bad Juju. Plus I was able to make a decent dent in my Thorn bounty going from 7 points up to 150+. Only thing that sucks is I don't really like either exotic that I unlocked and prefer the legendaries I was already using.

Had a pretty productive day for myself got and finished the Super Good Advice bounty. Also was able to complete the last five strikes I needed plus all the multiplayer requirements to get Bad Juju. Plus I was able to make a decent dent in my Thorn bounty going from 7 points up to 150+. Only thing that sucks is I don't really like either exotic that I unlocked and prefer the legendaries I was already using.
Have you unlocked any of the perks for your new exotics yet? Once you have String Of Curses on Bad Juju it's a room clearing machine, just hold down the trigger and as long as you get a kill per mag you'll never stop to reload. Plus you'll be filling up your super meter extra fast.

Have you unlocked any of the perks for your new exotics yet? Once you have String Of Curses on Bad Juju it's a room clearing machine, just hold down the trigger and as long as you get a kill per mag you'll never stop to reload. Plus you'll be filling up your super meter extra fast.
No I didnt unlock anything yet. Is there a quick way or at least a quicker way to unlock the perks?

No I didnt unlock anything yet. Is there a quick way or at least a quicker way to unlock the perks?
Rad is right, Bad Juju is fantastic once upgraded. Just use it as often as you can and make sure you have it actively equipped in your primary slot whenever you turn in bounties. It will level fairly quickly...better if you have the xp boost from nightfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rad is right, Bad Juju is fantastic once upgraded. Just use it as often as you can and make sure you have it actively equipped in your primary slot whenever you turn in bounties. It will level fairly quickly...better if you have the xp boost from nightfall.
Check which telemetries Xur is selling. I always try to have some on hand for each weapon type. If you activate one right before turning in 10 completed bounties you'll fill a few nodes at once.

Also I never have messed with the factions is there any benefits to wearing a Warlock bond from them over just doing regular Vanguard stuff?

Since I am trying to finsh my Thorn bounty would it make sense to pick up the Obsidian Mind helmet from Xur? I usally run with Sunbreakers but i guess for the Thorn bounty on crucible they really are not doing me anygood.

Also I never have messed with the factions is there any benefits to wearing a Warlock bond from them over just doing regular Vanguard stuff?
The xp you used to earn towards vanguard would go towards ranking up the faction. Point being to get gifts from the faction for leveling up.

Of course you could also buy some of the stuff the faction sells

Since I am trying to finsh my Thorn bounty would it make sense to pick up the Obsidian Mind helmet from Xur? I usally run with Sunbreakers but i guess for the Thorn bounty on crucible they really are not doing me anygood.
Yeah you should run as voidwalker while doing the thorn bounty. OM + Bad Juju would help build your super up much faster than normal, provided you've got those perks unlocked.

I bought another OM to replace my current one just because it had a better roll.

Xur has pulse rifle telemetries this week, go buy one along with Obsidian Mind. Do nightfall if you haven't yet. Equip Bad Juju and OM, complete 10 bounties and a public event. Start weekly heroic and just before finishing use your pulse rifle telemetry. Go to the tower and cash in all your bounties. Should have BJ 1/3 done and OM 1/2 done.

Juju plus Obsidian Mind plus Voidwalker equals Nova Bomb heaven.

That sucks.  Well, if you have it, equip Voidfang Vestments instead and keep doing what you've been doing.

Crap can't buy the Obsidian Mind I don't have the Dark Below yet.
Yes, follow the advice people have given about using the telemetries before turning in your bounties to level exotic weapons faster. Also do the easy bounties on all 3 of your characters and then swap the weapon you are leveling between characters while turning the bounties in. This is easier than ever to do with the recent update to the app. This is common knowledge for people that run all 3 characters, but it is often forgotten if you only have one character you play. There are usually 1 or 2 really easy bounties each day you can knock out even if your other 2 characters are low level.

Also if you were considering buying the DLC at some point know that the obsidian mind is pretty much the best warlock helm, and there are additional bounties that Eris gives you each day that are usually very easy to complete in just a few minutes and that will help you level your exotics quicker.

Well my last exotic armor piece was just like my last weapon.... Xur'ned... I was hoping I would get both via RNG but oh well. Now I have every exotic gun and armor. I'm going to probably be playing considerably less seeing as how the only thing I have left is to get materials, level up exotics and go for ships/shaders.

I am going to try and dedicate Tuesdays to Destiny and maybe an hour here or there during the week to try and get some bounties done but I'm going to cut down my Destiny time considerably.
Congrats on finishing the exotics! Once Xur sells the Armentarium again I will be finished as well. I do still have some 30 light exotics, but I'll either swap those out when xur sells them or just wait to see how they handle stuff when HoW drops in a couple months. I'm not buying exotics for better rolls (except I did buy a new obsidian mind this week, lol) but that is an exception.

I'm kind of in the same boat now where I'll just grind out the weekly stuff and hit the exotic drop spots each week for now. Maybe do iron banner when it comes back around since I really enjoyed it last time. I did some random Crota HM raids for shits and giggles the past few nights while playing some other things on the 360 and the average team I find on there now is horrible. Most of the good players have moved on I think or they just run with the same group. I can't tell you how many times I got into a game, the guy running sword talked about how he had 40 crota HM kills and blah blah blah, and then we never even made it to the ogre room. smdh

Yes, follow the advice people have given about using the telemetries before turning in your bounties to level exotic weapons faster. Also do the easy bounties on all 3 of your characters and then swap the weapon you are leveling between characters while turning the bounties in. This is easier than ever to do with the recent update to the app. This is common knowledge for people that run all 3 characters, but it is often forgotten if you only have one character you play. There are usually 1 or 2 really easy bounties each day you can knock out even if your other 2 characters are low level.

Also if you were considering buying the DLC at some point know that the obsidian mind is pretty much the best warlock helm, and there are additional bounties that Eris gives you each day that are usually very easy to complete in just a few minutes and that will help you level your exotics quicker.

Congrats on finishing the exotics! Once Xur sells the Armentarium again I will be finished as well. I do still have some 30 light exotics, but I'll either swap those out when xur sells them or just wait to see how they handle stuff when HoW drops in a couple months. I'm not buying exotics for better rolls (except I did buy a new obsidian mind this week, lol) but that is an exception.

I'm kind of in the same boat now where I'll just grind out the weekly stuff and hit the exotic drop spots each week for now. Maybe do iron banner when it comes back around since I really enjoyed it last time. I did some random Crota HM raids for shits and giggles the past few nights while playing some other things on the 360 and the average team I find on there now is horrible. Most of the good players have moved on I think or they just run with the same group. I can't tell you how many times I got into a game, the guy running sword talked about how he had 40 crota HM kills and blah blah blah, and then we never even made it to the ogre room. smdh
Thanks man! I hope he sells Armamentarium this week for you.

So far so good on playing less Destiny. Only hopped on it yesterday to grab bounties on all 3 and had to do a few on my warlock. Going to try and stockpile the high reputation/EXP bounties and of course the really quick ones. I had people message me to raid yesterday and I passed. :) I think for tomorrow, I am going to opt to do Nightfalls, weeklies, and do 3 normal crota clears and be done.

Finally got an XbOne. You guys will have to add me!

I completed my exotic collection once Xur sold the Obsidian Mind again. Now, I have to whittle down my collection because of the limited space. I'd like to have one of each for each character, but that's impossible. 

I do need to do normal Crota for a HoC attempt on my hunter if anyone's available after 6pm Central ish.

Looking to set up some nightfall, weekly, VoG for Wednesday night after 10:00 pm. Unless the DLC is required for the nightfall and weekly than just the VoG.

I completed my exotic collection once Xur sold the Obsidian Mind again. Now, I have to whittle down my collection because of the limited space. I'd like to have one of each for each character, but that's impossible.

I do need to do normal Crota for a HoC attempt on my hunter if anyone's available after 6pm Central ish.
Nice work on the exotics and welcome to the XB1 world! You might be a bit late though since there are only a few of us still playing actively. I'm sure when House of Wolves drops people will come back. There is still a decent amount of people playing Tuesday for the reset though.

You might want to hold off on sharding weapons because the vault expansion from 20 to 36 slots is supposedly happening in April. If your spots are maxed out all your drops will go to the postmaster so that gives you 20 extra slots per character in the meantime. Although that space is not very flexible. But it beats losing drops into thin air, lol.

Nice work on the exotics and welcome to the XB1 world! You might be a bit late though since there are only a few of us still playing actively. I'm sure when House of Wolves drops people will come back. There is still a decent amount of people playing Tuesday for the reset though.

You might want to hold off on sharding weapons because the vault expansion from 20 to 36 slots is supposedly happening in April. If your spots are maxed out all your drops will go to the postmaster so that gives you 20 extra slots per character in the meantime. Although that space is not very flexible. But it beats losing drops into thin air, lol.
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the 360 folks are thinning out, too. That's what I've been doing is leaving my 3rd duplicates in the postmaster, as I've got about 12-14 shards on each character. I still have a couple weapons and armor items to max out (stuff I've never used like dance machines, heavy ammo colored gauntlets for titan, new obsidian mind helm), but nowhere near enough to use those.

Like i/o, I'm really trying to get HoC just because it eludes me. I got 2 Gjallerhorn's before getting one HoC. I have one of each VoG weapon in my vault, too (but I do use Fatebringer & Corrective Measure on 2 characters), but I hate to get rid of things that were useful once. I did scrap the Rocket Launcher, though (I got it the week I got Gally for 1st time. Rocket launchers elude me). Not really much left to do, though I do want a B-line trauma with explosive rounds & firefly.

Added you. As Glock says, we're thinning out, but there are still a few of us who are on a few nights a week. For some reason.

[we have issues]

Added you. As Glock says, we're thinning out, but there are still a few of us who are on a few nights a week. For some reason.

[we have issues]
im pretty sure you and chubby are only playing cause this is the closest thing to a "new" mass effect you'll have until a "new" mass effect

that said im glad i stopped playing daily and got to "work" on my backlog, but i just cashed in 50 hours into Hardline so so much for that

[quote name="gotdott" post="12605681" timestamp="1427765506"]im pretty sure you and chubby are only playing cause this is the closest thing to a "new" mass effect you'll have until a "new" mass effect

that said im glad i stopped playing daily and got to "work" on my backlog, but i just cashed in 50 hours into Hardline so so much for that[/quote]
I was thinking about picking up Hardline when I saw you and a few others playing, but I'm still plugging away at GTA. Life just keeps getting in the way of my gaming.

I was thinking about picking up Hardline when I saw you and a few others playing, but I'm still plugging away at GTA. Life just keeps getting in the way of my gaming.
well its $32 with GCU at Best Buy this week so might as well pick it up if you have other friends who already have it or are getting it

im pretty sure you and chubby are only playing cause this is the closest thing to a "new" mass effect you'll have until a "new" mass effect

that said im glad i stopped playing daily and got to "work" on my backlog, but i just cashed in 50 hours into Hardline so so much for that
It stings because its true.

I peeled off for a while to focus on Dragon Age, but I finished that this past weekend. I'm going to dig into Destiny more and I'll add the handful of new folks to the group. I think I'll turn my attention to the crucible a little more than I had in the past though.

It stings because its true.

I peeled off for a while to focus on Dragon Age, but I finished that this past weekend. I'm going to dig into Destiny more and I'll add the handful of new folks to the group. I think I'll turn my attention to the crucible a little more than I had in the past though.
That's what I did (except in Iron Banner). I got all gear except helms for 2 chars, then chest & legs for my Warlock. I hated the MP in this game, too, but they have me feenin' for gear.

Looks like the data miner was correct again as the Nightfall is the Nexus with Void Burn (no burn on the Weekly though). Break out your Atheon's Epilogue and Praedyth's Revenge for one of the easiest and quickest strikes.  Make sure to bring your (ether) seeds and beads to farm additional glimmer from the Fallen and Vex. 

Hows the single player on Hardline, if you have played any of it?
I'm only like 3/10 in, it's pretty much set up in an episodic format like those crime investigation shows on TV if you're into that kind of thing (e.g. Last time on Hardline...). It's also kind of changed up so that you can play it guns blazing or sneak around and knockout/arrest people. I would put it above the last two entries, but that's not saying much. There are also tons of references to Dead Space in this game (Visceral also made those games)

@io,  I passed out last night and didn't see your message till this morning. 

I have the Deathsinger CP on both Normal and Hard.  I can pass that around if need be.

Only have nightfall, weekly, Crota left on my hunter.  Well and Gorgon Chest on all 3.  Then I'm calling it good for the week minus grabbing bounties.  I really do want to play less.  Yesterday & Sunday were two days where I had zero motivation to even put the game in but did to grab bounties.  Need to hit the backlog a bit :)

I was out of town for a week and didn't play any games except for a couple of hours of Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl on my 3DS.

I got back home with about 3 hours to spare before reset. I tried to LFG some Deathsinger/Crota kills but only got one of them done (got Light of the Abyss instead of Hunger of Crota). I did get the Gorgon checkpoint done before reset and then again right after. Out of the 6 chances, I actually got 3 exotics which is incredible. Unfortunately none of them were things I needed. I think I got another 2 exotics out of the 3 Nightfalls I ran after reset too. Again, nothing useful. From my hazy memory of last night I think I got Red Death (would have been a great drop before Xur sold it the other week), Mida Multitool (at least my 3rd or 4th of those), Universal Remote, Armamentarium (with about 40 less discipline than the one I had), and Sunbreakers (also with a worse roll).

I also got SIX class items from the 6 Gorgon chest chances - and yet the stupid Crota Hunter class item still eludes me.

I want to get 3 Crota kills in on Normal this week. Vendetta - Foxy and DevilDog still want to run Crota some time. Would you be up for 3 quick Normal runs at some point? We need a swordbearer ;).

I got my Thorn bounty up over 350 during the last Iron Banner. I'm not sure I want to try working on it in Normal crucible though - don't you fail to get level bonuses on regular crucible? I need all the help I can get in PvP and being a 32 vs. 31's and lower I think always helped me to not get annihilated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back