Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
simosaurus said:
I'll be on tonight around 9 EST. Would like to get in a raid and a couple nightfalls. Not sure about Wednesday.
I'm done with Nightfalls but wouldn't mind getting in on a Raid this evening. Just send me a message here or via the Xbox if you want to start one up.

I want to get 3 Crota kills in on Normal this week. Vendetta - Foxy and DevilDog still want to run Crota some time. Would you be up for 3 quick Normal runs at some point? We need a swordbearer ;).
Yeah I still need to clear on my Hunter. I do also have the Deathsinger CP. :) I did 2 clears with Chobo and he finally got the damn Titan Helmet. :)

I'll have to snag the Gorgon chest from you. I should be on around 9:30ish my time. So in like a little less than an hour from this post.

Not a bad haul tonight. Boots and gloves for my new Titan, 2 Songs of Ir Yut, 2nd Truth, and 2nd Light of the Abyss. My luck might be changing...

Also, I'm glad to know that it's easier to take the left solo. Heh. 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, offering to solo the left side at the deathsingers was very generous of him.  Good thing I was around to bail him out once he died before getting the shrieker down :D/ .  Other than that bit of comedy, we had some good runs last night.  3 nightfall/heroic & 3 normal crota kills out of the way.  Was able to help io & vendetta on some late night runs as well (although I might have only been awake to shoot rockets at crota that last one).

Got 10 strange coins 2x on nightfall and the Arc Rocket Launcher that seems to be dropping for me every week now.  After going back to the tower to check the postmaster I found that I received not 1, but 2 black hammers from the Crota runs!  So that finally gives me at least 3 of all the crota weapons.  Only took 50+ completions.

I need to get one more Normal Crota kill in.

I actually have stuff to do now. I have the Iron Banner Warlock chest to level as well as a few guns from IB (I think I got a Jolden's Hammer in addition to my Gheleon's Demise). I also have the Weekly Heroics to do. But even I am starting to get a little worn out by this game and I say that after having just taken a 7 day break from it. I had no motivation to stay on last night and complete those Heroics even though I had 2 friends just about to run it. And doing bounties... bleh...

They REALLY, REALLY need to add some content like Queen's Wrath. That would be enough to get me excited about the game and wouldn't take too much effort on their part. But no, of course they don't.

chubbyninja1319 said:
I'm gonna be on about 10 and would love to get into a raid! Save a seat for me fella's! :D/
Sorry, I didn't read CAG before getting on Destiny last night. We saw you on but you were running Heroic Weeklies so we didn't think you were available. We were actually looking for more to Raid too...

I need to get one more Normal Crota kill in.

I actually have stuff to do now. I have the Iron Banner Warlock chest to level as well as a few guns from IB (I think I got a Jolden's Hammer in addition to my Gheleon's Demise). I also have the Weekly Heroics to do. But even I am starting to get a little worn out by this game and I say that after having just taken a 7 day break from it. I had no motivation to stay on last night and complete those Heroics even though I had 2 friends just about to run it. And doing bounties... bleh...

They REALLY, REALLY need to add some content like Queen's Wrath. That would be enough to get me excited about the game and wouldn't take too much effort on their part. But no, of course they don't.
Yeah minus helping Foxy get her raids done, I think I'm gonna play other stuff. I'm really getting worn out by the damn game with pretty much nothing to go for. She wants you, me and Devildog to help her other friends get a clear. I'm honestly so burnt that I probably am going to opt not to do that.

I will get on my Hunter though to run bounties because since I made a new one, my gunslinger class is not maxed so I need to get that done eventually.

Ha!  If you haven't done it already, check out your guardian's profile on Bungie.net.  Click around if you don't see anything out of the ordinary.

simosaurus said:
Ha! If you haven't done it already, check out your guardian's profile on Bungie.net. Click around if you don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Oh, sure, they have time to code THAT in, but can't give us new events or even bounties? Sheeshh...

Yea, offering to solo the left side at the deathsingers was very generous of him. Good thing I was around to bail him out once he died before getting the shrieker down :D/ .
I so wanted to shout this once he so graciously asked us if we minded if he solo'd the left side, heh heh.

3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd836295a829a62c17c45770fd64.jpg

I don't play much anymore but I still lurk this thread from time to time. Someone should tell the story of what happened on the left, I am intrigued : P

I don't play much anymore but I still lurk this thread from time to time. Someone should tell the story of what happened on the left, I am intrigued : P
A guy joined the Crota raid on Deathsingers (only 5 of us up to that point, I believe). We start running out, and he says," hey, I like to do the left side by myself, if y'all don't mind." We said, "uhhh, sure." He went to the left, got killed either before the wizard was down, or right after. It was SO funny.

Anyone up for a nice, easy, casual, Crota normal run this evening?

We're looking at 7pm Pacific if anyone wants in.

A guy joined the Crota raid on Deathsingers (only 5 of us up to that point, I believe). We start running out, and he says," hey, I like to do the left side by myself, if y'all don't mind." We said, "uhhh, sure." He went to the left, got killed either before the wizard was down, or right after. It was SO funny.
Bahaha nice!

To his credit though it is totally possible to solo a side. I have had to do it when carrying friends through from time to time. Makes it great though that it was just some crappy random too. I do miss playing with everyone in Destiny. The game at this point I can take it or leave it but the fun with everyone definitely is lacking when I play stuff like Bloodborne.

Bahaha nice!

To his credit though it is totally possible to solo a side. I have had to do it when carrying friends through from time to time. Makes it great though that it was just some crappy random too. I do miss playing with everyone in Destiny. The game at this point I can take it or leave it but the fun with everyone definitely is lacking when I play stuff like Bloodborne.
there are alot of things lacking in Bloodborne ;)

gotdott said:
there are alot of things lacking in Bloodborne ;)
Wait, what? I was just about to buy it. I thought it was the first real next-gen game and all that. No? I may just go with the DS2 re-release. But I'm not getting either till they are cheaper.

So, I got my 3 Crota kills in for the week - still no ever-loving Hunger of Crota. This game trolls hard. Oh yeah, and then I'm helping some people tonight and one gets Suros from Deathsinger. Figures - I think that is the only non-bounty exotic I don't have yet.

Wait, what? I was just about to buy it. I thought it was the first real next-gen game and all that. No? I may just go with the DS2 re-release. But I'm not getting either till they are cheaper.

So, I got my 3 Crota kills in for the week - still no ever-loving Hunger of Crota. This game trolls hard. Oh yeah, and then I'm helping some people tonight and one gets Suros from Deathsinger. Figures - I think that is the only non-bounty exotic I don't have yet.
it's worth picking up when cheaper if you are a souls fan, but it really didn't live up to the hype for me. im waiting with the re-release as well

Yea we were running back to back to back deathsinger/crota runs on normal. We lost a few people and someone invited a new guy and he wanted to solo the one side and failed miserably. Not sure if he was someone's friend or just a random that was found on LFG. One of those random destiny things that you run into from time to time that breaks up the monotony of it all. Maybe he was practicing for a twitch stream solo run or something? :beer:

Last night was a trip. Sim and I were playing with a friend of ours, Dizzy, and we hit the gorgon chest. Now, Dizzy is level 28 but more of a casual Destiny guy, hasn't played the game in a long time. So we hit the chest and he got Gally from it. I still don't have that one. So we started to give him the beat down. We had a chuckle from that. Laughing masks the sorrow. Some day I'll get that drop.

Last night was a trip. Sim and I were playing with a friend of ours, Dizzy, and we hit the gorgon chest. Now, Dizzy is level 28 but more of a casual Destiny guy, hasn't played the game in a long time. So we hit the chest and he got Gally from it. I still don't have that one. So we started to give him the beat down. We had a chuckle from that. Laughing masks the sorrow. Some day I'll get that drop.
Man, that was funny, but that is the 2nd time this week that I have been with a "casual" player who got a Gjallehorn while I got stuck with radiant shards. io, you are not the only one this game trolls.

Man, that was funny, but that is the 2nd time this week that I have been with a "casual" player who got a Gjallehorn while I got stuck with radiant shards. io, you are not the only one this game trolls.
Sorry I couldn't find my mic yesterday. I ate & passed out. Anyone have the Gorgon checkpoint & want to share ;), or do Atheon today?

Sorry I couldn't find my mic yesterday. I ate & passed out. Anyone have the Gorgon checkpoint & want to share ;), or do Atheon today?
No worries about last night. I still have the Gorgon checkpoint, so if you see me online later hit me up. I'm about 50/50 if I will be online tonight, but if I am, I would love to play some VoG.

How in the world do you guys solo the Nightfalls? I can't even make it past the first room with the no respawns.
1. Cheese/safe spots

2. Ice breaker ammo refill and burn sniper (before the armor piercing nerf, Ap rounds really helped)

3. primary w/ burn (not nessessary)

soloed serveral at 28 before the DLC and before I got into raiding

it's worth picking up when cheaper if you are a souls fan, but it really didn't live up to the hype for me. im waiting with the re-release as well
Woah woah woah!

You have to give some examples if you are going to be negative my friend!

I have been absolutely loving the game and have been having a hard time pulling myself away.

ajh2298 said:
How in the world do you guys solo the Nightfalls? I can't even make it past the first room with the no respawns.
On that particular part, stay in the entrance and snipe everything. For the Nexus, you can either hide up and to the right (I just got up there for the fist time last night while running the Weekly Heroic). Or you can try to stay up top but you have to deal with the minotaur who comes out every few seconds. He isn't too bad to manage if you have Truth though.

If you are on later and I decide to play tonight I can help you out. This is one of the easier/quicker Nightfalls.

Even though Xur had crap, I decided to run the Weeklies anyway and did 2 of the 3 last night so I still have one more to do. I don't need the coins, but I forgot they give you 499 rank exp. and that is a much faster way to build up my Dead Orbit/FWC than running bounties/missions. I did top off my heavy synths with Xur though. One of my characters had whittled one of her 6 stacks down to just 5 of the 20 ;).

I am out of town for Easter and wasn't sure if I would have any type of stable internet connection so I finished all my VoG stuff early this week.  Was hoping the Armamentarium would make Xur's shortlist this week so I could finish my exotic collection but no luck.  Looks like they are selling the glasshouse for what seems like the 3rd or 4th time since they last sold Armamentarium.  At this point they should just put all the armors on a standard rotation.  

The weekly update is another waste of time.  They mention the changes coming to the raid glitches in 1.1.2 but don't really go into much detail.  Next week they say they will detail more changes coming in 1.1.2 which makes it look like the update won't roll out until mid to late april.  They also mention that they will be making some strikes easier including the one that will be next week's nightfall according to the Predictor.  Cerberus Vae III strike on Mars with Valus with no burn... They are cutting his HP but guessing it won't happen until 1.1.2 hits.  Oh well.

I started playing Neverwinter which is a game I had never heard of until I started seeing people playing it on my friends list. I'm hooked - I played about 4 hours last night and plan to play again tonight. Sorry Destiny - I'll see you again at reset I suppose ;).

I started playing Neverwinter which is a game I had never heard of until I started seeing people playing it on my friends list. I'm hooked - I played about 4 hours last night and plan to play again tonight. Sorry Destiny - I'll see you again at reset I suppose ;).
I started playing it like 3 days in a row while I was away but kept falling asleep during the tutorial. That wasn't really a reflection on the game, more the fact that I was just wiped out from the travel and kids that wouldn't sleep.

I do plan on playing it sometime this week. How many real people are in your fireteam, I mean party in the game for quests, etc?

I will be able to play Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night this week would love to do the VoG, weekly, and nightfall as long as they are not DLC related. Can be one anytime after 10:30 PM EST and my gamertag is ajh2298.

io, another week I won't be on at reset.  I have to be up early in the morning for something and I can't be exhausted for it.  To be quite honest too, until Wolves comes out, I probably will not be on at reset to do stuff.  I'm really not liking feeling like a damn zombie all day on Tuesday when I have been doing that.  Plus I'm so unmotivated to play it isn't even funny.  Minus helping one of my buddies out, I haven't been on hardly at all and I will admit it has kind of rejuvenated my gaming :)

I will probably dedicate one day out of the week though to run raids with you and the crew when time permits.  I should be able to fit that, weekly stuff, and helping my friend get geared out so he can hit 32 in.  :)

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I started playing it like 3 days in a row while I was away but kept falling asleep during the tutorial. That wasn't really a reflection on the game, more the fact that I was just wiped out from the travel and kids that wouldn't sleep.

I do plan on playing it sometime this week. How many real people are in your fireteam, I mean party in the game for quests, etc?
Neverwinter? The skirmishes and dungeons are 5 people. I've done a few of those. You wait in a queue to get in and can do other stuff while you wait (the skirmish one was pretty quick but I had to wait a while for the dungeon). I've also been randomly invited to groups and to a guild. I'm not sure what the deal with the guild is. The game is similar to Destiny in that in certain areas you see people running around and you can join them in fighting things. I also see a lot of Destiny-related names for people's characters (Omnigull, Gjallarhorn, etc).

My problem is that I really should go back and finish Dragon Age if I'm going to be playing games like that (meaning a fantasy setting - the MMO type aspect is completely different). But that game didn't hold my interest nearly as long as Destiny. For Neverwinter I see maybe getting to the level cap (and beating the campaign) but I don't think it will have the staying power of Destiny either. From what I've read the end-game content is pretty sparse. Of course like Destiny it is a never-ending quest for loot but it seems to be doled out at a much slower pace.

Vendetta_x360 said:
io, another week I won't be on at reset. I have to be up early in the morning for something and I can't be exhausted for it. To be quite honest too, until Wolves comes out, I probably will not be on at reset to do stuff. I'm really not liking feeling like a damn zombie all day on Tuesday when I have been doing that. Plus I'm so unmotivated to play it isn't even funny. Minus helping one of my buddies out, I haven't been on hardly at all and I will admit it has kind of rejuvenated my gaming :)

I will probably dedicate one day out of the week though to run raids with you and the crew when time permits. I should be able to fit that, weekly stuff, and helping my friend get geared out so he can hit 32 in. :)
I will be on at reset and if it is like last week, it will be me and Foxy and DevilDog running the Nightfall. I did end up getting 3 Normal Crota kills done within a few days after reset last week - still no Hunger of Crota. That's about all I did last week though. I'm sure it will be the same this week.

ajh - you just need to buy the DLC so you can run Crota with us.

I plan on getting it as soon as I pass the mall where my Microsoft Store is. I have so much in gift cards it only makes sense for me to get it there. Only problem is its on the complete other side of town from me.

Plus my next work schedule which starts next week is brutal on my gaming habit. Monday through Friday and I start at 5:00 am so I am getting up at 3:30 am everyday. With a seven and a two year old I'm lucky if I even game at all during that four week period.

Who's around tonight? I'd like get in a full CE raid with my Titan and then some Crota kills with my other characters. Wouldn't mind a nightfall either. Keep in mind, I was apparently good luck for fire team members looking for G-horn drops last week.

I'll be on around 9 EST.

I only did one Crota raid (2-manned it!) and one Nightfall last night so I'll try to be on then.

Finshed the Nightfalls this evening (thanks ajh and Glock). And I got one more Crota kill in with Glock and Simo. Got nothing yet again (just 2 shards). I still have one more Crota kill to do on my Warlock but that and maybe the Weekly Heroics are probably all I'll bother with the rest of this week.

Woooo! Got helmets for my hunter and warlock (finally!) and the chest piece my titan needed. And once again, I brought good Gjallahorn luck to someone else. :)

I still need NF on two, so if anyone wants to do that later in the week let me know. Also, does anyone have gorgon CP?

simosaurus said:
Also, does anyone have gorgon CP?
I do - but barely. No one was on when the reset happened so I sent out a bunch of invites and finally someone responded and got it swapped over to this week.

I think this game wants me to stop playing it.  My RNG for the past month has been atrociously bad.  I did all 3 of my nightfalls last night... I ended up with an io like reward without the Handshake. ;)

-The Crash (void) :bomb:

-The Crash (solar) :bomb: :wall:

-I was fully expecting a 3rd one with Arc and probably would have quit playing for the week had that happened but I ended up with a 3rd MIDA Multi-Tool.

So yeah shotguns, shotguns, and fusion rifles with the occasional shard drop for the past month or so in Nightfalls, Raids and from Engrams...  I swear the game doesn't want me to have sniper rifles... :bomb:

On another note, my friend got the Fermi Solution Dead Orbit ship :hot: :hot: :hot:

I still have raids to run, but if I don't get them done this week I probably won't really care to be honest.  I do have a couple friends that need hard raid clears, so if anyone is down for that I think I have room for a few more.  I can run sword if need be.

Now that Halo isn't broken and working like it is supposed to, I've been slowly working at it.  I should hopefully be getting the LASO checkpoints here very soon.  So I'm really excited about that :D

I only did one Crota raid (2-manned it!) and one Nightfall last night so I'll try to be on then.

Finshed the Nightfalls this evening (thanks ajh and Glock). And I got one more Crota kill in with Glock and Simo. Got nothing yet again (just 2 shards). I still have one more Crota kill to do on my Warlock but that and maybe the Weekly Heroics are probably all I'll bother with the rest of this week.
I was half asleep for that last nightfall I ran with you and Foxy. Passed out on the couch after that.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
I was half asleep for that last nightfall I ran with you and Foxy. Passed out on the couch after that.
Yeah, we kind of figured that's what happened. You were fireteam leader and we were just sitting there in orbit and you weren't responding - so we left the fireteam and went to the Tower on our own ;).

ajh2298 said:
Anybody want to run the VoG tonight? I can be on after 10:30 pm est.
I'm feeling really nauseous today (I guess the stomach flu all my kids had the last 1-2 weeks is finally catching up to me). So just the thought of playing an FPS is almost enough to make me puke. Hopefully I'll be back on this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back