Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do your HM VoG runs? I have oracles CP and have friends that still need Fatebringer and a couple going for Praetorian Foil for the completion sake of having all the raid drops. Thankfully I only need Titan VoG chest piece.

Oh and I forgot about the stupid little glitch where you have to clear the normal raid to be able to load up the HM raid :bomb: . Since I crushed my Hunter and made my new one, I can't ever load up the CP and that is kind of a pain in the ass if I forget that I can't and get the CP with her. So unless anyone here wants to do a fresh VoG run on normal, I may just have to LFG it seeing as how my friends probably won't want to do that.
No I haven't done any VoG stuff yet, but I do want to farm oracles this week so if your group is running it let me know.

SO MUCH Iron Banner... I played about 6 hours the first night and another 6 or 7 last night. Vendetta - Chammer and Epic and I played for about 2 hours after you left.

I have my Titan at 2 1/4 and my Warlock just past 2 3/4. That's not bad given the low buff for the first two days and the fact that I can only clear 2 of the 6 bounties with regularity. The 10k exp one is the easiest, followed by the melee kills. I can get those every day. Then I can maybe clear the 10 headshot kills with a machine gun every other day along with the 20 headshot primary kills. I didn't get that last one at all before because I was using vex and it didn't count. But with The Last Word and Suros I can get those occasionally ;). The 5 headshot sprees I can get maybe 1 or 2 times the whole week. I'm sitting at 4/5 with my Warlock now but that was due to my use of Vex the first day. Now that I'm using The Last Word it will be rare to get a spree. I think I got one on my Titan with the machine gun actually.

The one I've never gotten is the 10 kill streak, though I got robbed of one last night. I went into a match with 2 on there, so they definitely carry over. I actually made it through a match without dying and got 6 kills. So I was at 8. Then I played it super-safe on the next match and got 2 kills without dying and should have gotten it, but stupid bounty didn't pop and I couldn't look at the progress while I was playing. Then I got killed and it reset. Stupid game.

Well, my buddy who I have been helping for about a month now continues to flash some damn lucky RNG when it comes to guns. My IB group knocked out 3 Deathsinger - Crota clears last night. io, I don't think we had a wipe that whole time either minus the forced one at the bridge to get the hallway chest. :D
You forgot to mention that I got my 4th Gjallarhorn during that run as well ;). I got my first a long, long time ago (I think from a Nightfall back in October). But now I've gotten 3 more in the last month or two. Even though I have no use for a 4th, it wouldn't feel right to crush it. It has been nice since I maxed out the third one last week to not have to switch any weapons around. I'm good to go with whatever character at a moments notice now. Well, except for IB since I need to switch my shader and Last Word/Suros around.

Once again I'm up for any Crota/Atheon/IB stuff tonight. Chammer said he wants to play as well so if you see him you can send him an invite.

I should be on after 9 or 10 Pacific. I have some IB bounties to clear on my Warlock before reset, then I'll probably switch to my Titan after reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a quicker way to level up? I have just been playing the missions. It took me about 4 hours to go from a level 8 to a level 11 lol. If any of you want to add me (DONNIE IS 2FAST) I would greatly appreciate it. I do have a headset, and I like to communicate :)
Hey krash, I recently leveled up a new toon and I know it can be a chore. This was my 4th time thru so I had a decent plan of attack. Best way to maximize your time is to do what's been suggested, but would clarify a bit of things.

-Missions:

if you're familiar with the story missions or think you can handle it, kick the difficulty up from the default level. You'll notice you get more XP for completing it at the higher difficulty.

If it's too tough, then come back it once you've leveled up some more

-Bounty:

do as many of these as you can each day. Grey-box bounties are for PvE and Red-box bounties are for PvP. If you bought the DLC, then Eris Morn will have additional bounties you can try to complete too. Some will be quick and others will take too long without some help, so mostly focus on the quick ones (like, 30 melee kills, 100 headshot kills, 6 patrols, 3 public events, etc.)

-Patrol:

For me, this one always goes hand-in-hand with Public Events and material farming. Each area has those green beacons. You can get an idea of what they want you to do by bringing up the auxillary menu (the one you use to go to orbit or to summon your sparrow). I try to focus mostly on the ones that look a triangle or the ones that have 5 little stars/starbursts. The triangle ones have you kill certain enemies to collect materials they drop and the 5-star ones have you kill anything that's moving. The other patrol types usually make you leave the area you are in and that may be bad if you're also trying to knock out Public Events (see next item).

And FYI, used up beacon will reactivate after 10min or so.

-Public Events:

These are mostly consistent "random" events that spawn into the area you're in. I like to use this site to track them down.

http://destinypublicevents.com/

You'll want to get in the habit of doing at least one per day, per toon just to get the care package (for completing your 1st public event of the day)

I'd recommend the walker/spidertank that spawns in the Divide, on Earth. It's spawns in pretty consistently and you'll usually have at least one other guardian in the area to help you take it down. From the Earth patrol spawn-in point, go right and thru the building... you'll eventually exit out of the building into the Divide. You'll have 2 patrol beacons here and 7 different enemy groupings (ranging from 2-4 enemies in each group). So, just do laps around the area, killing off each group of enemies, all while you pick up patrols.

Remember to kill all the enemies in each group that you encounter... if you don't a new group won't spawn in.

Other than that, you can run regular Crucible (PvP), NOT Iron Banner. You can try your hand at Control (team-based matches). Your level doesn't directly matter but you could be out-classed by better weaponry. At least there are still some good green and white weapons that can help you. Cydonia auto rifle is one. The Mitternacht SR2 scout rifle is another.

If you do go in, just hang back and stick with other teammates until you get a feel for the maps. The team win will help you level up

Awesome write up Frosty! Thanks a lot. I did several bounties today. I am almost a level 18 now. I played a few rounds of Control, but I just got my butt handed to me every match lol. I'm glad I gave the game another shot. I really didn't ask many questions when I played it on the PS4. I just mainly went through and played the main missions. Didn't even do bounties. I thought about picking up the guide just so I can read what all the stuff is for that you pick up and earn. Like the vanguard marks, spiritbloom, etc etc.

krashhole said:
I thought about picking up the guide just so I can read what all the stuff is for that you pick up and earn. Like the vanguard marks, spiritbloom, etc etc.
Nah, don't get the guide. They've changed a lot of that stuff so it wouldn't be up to date. Just ask us.

Spirit Bloom is the Venus planetary material. You need the planetary mats (there is a different one on each planet) to upgrade weapons/armor (each item will require just one of the types and it is pretty much random).

Do you know about the whole light level thing? Since you are about to hit 20 you'll need to deal with that. So at that point your level is based on gear. You need to try to get legendary gear ASAP as that will always have higher light than blue gear. And that brings us to marks, which can be used to buy that legendary gear (though you will need quite a few marks for just one piece). Later on you'll get armor from drops all the time so you really don't buy it much any more other than unique items (like the Iron Banner stuff).

Vanguard and Crucible marks can get you armor, weapons and class items as well as planetary materials. That last part is new. So you can just use the marks instead of farming - but at the level you are at it is probably easier to farm. You get Vanguard marks from public events and strikes. The strike playlists (random strikes) that you can do give you more marks for harder levels. I think at 18 you can do the lowest level, right? Crucible marks come from playing Crucible/Iron Banner. I never earned any of those in the first 600+ hours I played till I finally decided to try Iron Banner.

Speaking of which, I played another 6-7 hours tonight. I have both my Warlock and Titan to level 3. I got the sniper but need advise on what to roll it to. I got the Titan chest armor. I want to get them both to level 4 for the helm and then one of them to level 5 for the Goldspiral shader.

I also got another Jolder's Hammer as a drop. I rolled it several times and came up with a decent void roll. The problem is I already have a good void one. So I might continue to roll it for Arc with stability.

Nah, don't get the guide. They've changed a lot of that stuff so it wouldn't be up to date. Just ask us.

Spirit Bloom is the Venus planetary material. You need the planetary mats (there is a different one on each planet) to upgrade weapons/armor (each item will require just one of the types and it is pretty much random).

Do you know about the whole light level thing? Since you are about to hit 20 you'll need to deal with that. So at that point your level is based on gear. You need to try to get legendary gear ASAP as that will always have higher light than blue gear. And that brings us to marks, which can be used to buy that legendary gear (though you will need quite a few marks for just one piece). Later on you'll get armor from drops all the time so you really don't buy it much any more other than unique items (like the Iron Banner stuff).

Vanguard and Crucible marks can get you armor, weapons and class items as well as planetary materials. That last part is new. So you can just use the marks instead of farming - but at the level you are at it is probably easier to farm. You get Vanguard marks from public events and strikes. The strike playlists (random strikes) that you can do give you more marks for harder levels. I think at 18 you can do the lowest level, right? Crucible marks come from playing Crucible/Iron Banner. I never earned any of those in the first 600+ hours I played till I finally decided to try Iron Banner.

Speaking of which, I played another 6-7 hours tonight. I have both my Warlock and Titan to level 3. I got the sniper but need advise on what to roll it to. I got the Titan chest armor. I want to get them both to level 4 for the helm and then one of them to level 5 for the Goldspiral shader.

I also got another Jolder's Hammer as a drop. I rolled it several times and came up with a decent void roll. The problem is I already have a good void one. So I might continue to roll it for Arc with stability.
For the sniper, try to get spray & play if you keep the 3 rounds, with perfect balance, firefly & ambush scope. Some may prefer field scout to perfect balance, but I need stability.

twztid13 said:
For the sniper, try to get spray & play if you keep the 3 rounds, with perfect balance, firefly & ambush scope. Some may prefer field scout to perfect balance, but I need stability.
Yeah, stability is always a good thing for me too. I also need it to switch damage types since I sure don't need another solar sniper (what with Black Hammer and Icebreaker). I may buy another and try for both Arc and Void, though that will mean much glimmer farming.

I made an awesome video of a guy whiffing on his Nova Bomb and then me punching him in the face when he landed right in front of me. It was pretty pathetic because I was out in the open and not moving - I was trying to kill him before he got it off. I'll edit it and post it to my feed (and here) later. Vendetta - I'm sure you will get a laugh out of it.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
This is what happens when everyone is working on their melee kill bounty in Iron Banner!

http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=15978899
Yeah, I rushed into rooms at least 4 or 5 times and got slaughtered just because I was trying to complete the punching bounty. I'm sure some people got funny videos of me ;). I actually got the 10 kill streak again (on my Titan this time) before I got the melees done. I got everything except the headshot spree done on my Titan and I got all of them on my Warlock yesterday (though I had 4/5 headshot sprees left over from the previous 2 days). That's a first for me.

You guys are great. Thanks again. I hit level 20 today :)
Congrats :beer:

Now you get to play the real game ;)

1st thing you should shoot for is legendary and exotic armor. That's the stuff that's good to level up and get you raid-ready.

ajh2298 said:
Going to try and be on around 10:30 tonight does anybody have any Crota, VoG, or Nightfalls they need to do?
I've done only the end of Crota on all my characters. I could still run through the beginning parts - can always use gear with a better roll. I will be trying to catch up on Iron Banner with my Warlock before reset so I'm not sure how much time I'll be doing other stuff this week. I also need to Glimmer farm to buy all that IB gear.

If other CAGs want to get a group together for a quick Crota run, though, I'm up for that.

I've done only the end of Crota on all my characters. I could still run through the beginning parts - can always use gear with a better roll. I will be trying to catch up on Iron Banner with my Warlock before reset so I'm not sure how much time I'll be doing other stuff this week. I also need to Glimmer farm to buy all that IB gear.

If other CAGs want to get a group together for a quick Crota run, though, I'm up for that.
This lack of sleep every night is starting to get to me lol. I got both my Hunter & Warlock to 3.5 though! I got my 2nd Similar's Wrath today :wall:. I needs that damn Jolder's Hammer!

Anywho, I may try and organize a couple VoG runs tonight if you want in. I have oracle CP so we can either do Oracles to Gorgon Chest or do a full clear. Either way I want to try and get Ryot a Vex now. :)

Oh yeah and sorry for not coming back on last night. After helping Epic, I realized I should try and get SOME sleep.

Congrats :beer:

Now you get to play the real game ;)

1st thing you should shoot for is legendary and exotic armor. That's the stuff that's good to level up and get you raid-ready.
How do I go about getting that? Is it all done by using vanguard marks? I only have 10 right now.

How do I go about getting that? Is it all done by using vanguard marks? I only have 10 right now.
Everyone usually has a differing opinion on how to properly level up but in short you can do:

• Strikes to build up marks & rep so you can buy the gear
  • Do your daily stuff as well as bounties and hope to get some lucky RNG to get engrams that turn into legendary
  • The hardest part of the game is definitely going from 20-26/27 to be raid eligible
  • Once raid eligible (it is based on level), I'm sure some of us can help hook you up with gear. The easiest way to do that is to do the first 2 parts of the Crota raid for sure since you can do that with 2-3 people :)
  • Once you hit 27 make sure to do weekly activities (nightfall first then the weekly heroic strike on the highest level)

A lot of luck unfortunately is involved with getting the legendary pieces to start. Honestly though you might be best off by getting marks and rep up so you can just straight up buy the pieces once House of Wolves comes out.

This lack of sleep every night is starting to get to me lol. I got both my Hunter & Warlock to 3.5 though! I got my 2nd Similar's Wrath today :wall:. I needs that damn Jolder's Hammer!

Anywho, I may try and organize a couple VoG runs tonight if you want in. I have oracle CP so we can either do Oracles to Gorgon Chest or do a full clear. Either way I want to try and get Ryot a Vex now. :)

Oh yeah and sorry for not coming back on last night. After helping Epic, I realized I should try and get SOME sleep.
I'm down for vog tonight invite me if you see me on

Well got my 2 characters done for Iron Banner.  Warlock hit 5 last night and I just hit 4 with my Hunter.  I still can't get Jolder's to drop so I will still be playing until it does.

Now for a metric ton of glimmer farming.... :wall:

Well got my 2 characters done for Iron Banner. Warlock hit 5 last night and I just hit 4 with my Hunter. I still can't get Jolder's to drop so I will still be playing until it does.

Now for a metric ton of glimmer farming.... :wall:
Yea, I was going to say that doing iron banner on both Hunter and Warlock is going to find me farming glimmer all Sunday and Monday before reset...

That said I am half way to Rank 5 on my Hunter and half to 4 on my Warlock. Shouldn't take much longer to be finished up. I did have a Void Jolder's drop for me and got 2 more Iron Banner ships so I have one for all characters now.

Still have some weekly stuff to do so hopefully the XBL issues that have been prevalent over the past few days will clear up so I can finish everything I need to do.

If possible can anybody be on tomorrow night around 10:00 pm est to run through the nightfall with me? I haven't had a chance to to do it yet and have had no luck soloing it or finding a group to run it with me.

Iron Banner, Iron Banner, Iron Banner...

Well, at least I think I'm starting to get better at this PvP thing.

I got my Warlock to rank 5 and bought that sweet Goldsapiral shader. It does look pretty awesome with the full Iron Banner armor set. Though Million Million looks pretty good too. I'm sure Hanged Man will look great as well - I might switch that back to my Warlock.

I got my Titan to Rank 4 and got the chest piece and helm.

So last night after reset I decided to run my Hunter through as well. I had some great games this evening and I got both the 10 Melee kills and Iron Wrath (10 kills in a row) bounties on the same kill. And I was super lucky because me and the other guy killed each other but mine must have counted as my 10th kill just a fraction of a second before I died. And it was also my 10th melee kill. So today I got all the bounties done except for the headshot streak one and I think I can get that using Vex Mythoclast so I'll run it some more tonight before reset. But with some wins and those 4 bounties turned in I am already at 2 3/4. I should hit 3 no problem and I might as well push for 4 to get the helm and class item.

I know Bladedancer is OP and people hate it (I sure did) but, man, you can pretty easily get 3 or 4 kills at once with it. I recorded one such romp on my feed if you want to check it out. And I probably don't even have my armor spec-ed out quite right. I didn't want to level up any other pieces of gear because I need to save the glimmer.

So, yeah, I have about 10K Glimmer and I want to buy another Goldspiral (7500), the Hunter Chest, Helm, and Class Item (about 25K right there), and another Efrideet's Spear (11,500) so I can keep the stock stats and roll a second one. Plus I'll need to spend time re-rolling that along with my second Jolder's Hammer and maybe one of the Silmar's Wrath that I got. Oh yeah, and I'll be tempted to buy a TImur's Lash just because it is available and I worked so hard to get to Rank 5.

If anyone wants to join me in glimmer farming feel free. I'll probably be at it here shortly. It can go much faster with 2-3 people.

Wow you really are all in on Iron Banner if you are pushing a 3rd character up to level 4 in the last few days.  Then again you get so many points for bounties in the end that if you can consistently get 4-5 of them done it doesn't take too long.  I do have an exotic bounty on my Titan I could work on but I already have to farm a ton of glimmer to buy the other Warlock and Hunter pieces I need so I doubt I'll have time.

Only took me an hour on each character to get to where I wanted to be on both my Warlock (rank 4) and Hunter (rank5).  Bought the class item for both of them, the Hunter Helmet, Efredeet's Spear, & Timurs Lash.  Still need to farm glimmer for the Warlock gear and the other Hunter armor.  Enjoyed Iron Banner this time but glad to be done with it.  Including the items I bought I had a Jolder's Hammer and Silimar drop for me along with a couple Iron Banner ships.  Finished the thorn Bounty on my warlock too.

Will be farming glimmer tonight and trying to clean up some raid stuff I didn't get done this week if anyone is around later.

So happy I got Jolder's to drop last night.  If I get my glimmer farming done in a timely manner tonight, I may just play to try and get another one. :)

Took about 30 motes, but I re-rolled mine for Counterbalance, Crowd Control, Perfect Balance/Hammer Forged.  Wish I could have gotten field scout for the last perk but quick draw isn't bad.  Also lucked out and got it as a void damage type so I'm happy.

I just need to grind to get 2 more Goldspirals, 3 Emblems (2nd one for my Warlock and both for Titan), and 2 more Efrideet's Speer that I am going to try and re-roll to Arc damage with firefly, field scout and either performance bonus or final round.

It took about 60 motes but I got my Fellwinter's Lie to Rangefinder & Return to Sender.

And apparently if anyone wants a Gjallarhorn... play with me.  I've seen 5 drop in the last 2 weeks.  :bomb:  I still need a 3rd.... :cry:   3 from Gorgon Chest and 2 from Deathsinger or Crota drops.

Yeah, it didn't take too long for me to get my Hunter from 0 to 4 with no class item even. I only ran it with my Hunter the last 2 days and only needed to complete 3 bounties the second night to get it done. It is hard for me to abandon all the half-complete bounties on my characters but I guess I'll have to to free up space.

I glimmer farmed the 3 Hive majors at the beginning of the Cosmodrome for 12K glimmer last night after I finished and got my second Efrideet's Spear. Now I need to decide if I want to do that again and buy a Timur's Lash.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Finished the thorn Bounty on my warlock too.
Do you still have the Phogoth part to do on the Thorn bounty? I still need to do that so we could team up for it. We'd need to get a third to help us - can't have a rando messing it up...

Vendetta_x360 said:
Took about 30 motes, but I re-rolled mine for Counterbalance, Crowd Control, Perfect Balance/Hammer Forged. Wish I could have gotten field scout for the last perk but quick draw isn't bad. Also lucked out and got it as a void damage type so I'm happy.

I just need to grind to get 2 more Goldspirals, 3 Emblems (2nd one for my Warlock and both for Titan), and 2 more Efrideet's Speer that I am going to try and re-roll to Arc damage with firefly, field scout and either performance bonus or final round.
My Jolder's from last time seemed to work pretty well for me in Iron Banner (I knocked out the 10 MG headshot bounty in just a few matches last night on my Hunter). It has the following (bold are the ones I used on the multi-perk sections):

Aggressive Ballistics/Smooth Ballistics/Soft Ballistics
Counterbalance
Perfect Balance/Snapshot/Skip Rounds
Feeding Frenzy

I rerolled the one I got from a drop and ended up with another Void (wanted Arc) but with:

Aggressive Ballistics/Smart Drift Control/Soft Ballistics
Rodeo
High Caliber Rounds/Hammer Forged/Skip Rounds
Reactive Reload

That's not bad but given my other one worked great in PvP I will probably continue to re-roll this one until I get a good Arc version.

And I re-rolled my Spear and got and Arc (which I wanted) with:

EagleEye/Shortgaze/Ambush Scope
Spray and Play
Snapshot/Send It/Perfect Balance
Outlaw

I was aiming for slightly different perks but those don't seem too bad. What do you think of that one Vendetta? I'd want it mostly for PvE, not PvP. I was hoping for Firefly but I don't feel it is 100% necessary on a sniper.

The stock one (which I also kept a version of) has a pretty decent setup but unfortunately is solar:

SightSys/Shortgaze/Ambush Scope
Surplus
High Calibur Rounds/Armor Piercing Rounds/Perfect Balance
Firefly

I need to decide if I want to bother re-rolling Silmar's Wrath and the Timur's Lash if I buy one...

Jeez, I just realized that I have to reroll my weapons still.  I haven't even looked at what the best builds are yet.  They should give you the ability to reroll your iron banner weapons at any point, not just when iron banner is running.

io, I still have to do the end of the Thorn bounty if you want to knock that out sometime.  I don't think I will turn mine in until HoW comes out anyways so no rush for me.  I have one already maxed that I will just upgrade when HoW comes out for the glimmer.

The 3 Hive majors at the start of the cosmodrome is a better place to glimmer farm than the Exclusion zone?

How are you guys keeping 2 or 3 copies of each of these iron banner weapons?  I have no vault space as it is.  I think I need some tips on what to keep.  I definitely keep one of each exotic and was trying to keep 2 or 3 of all the raid weapons but that just isn't possible now.   

GLOCKGLOCK said:
io, I still have to do the end of the Thorn bounty if you want to knock that out sometime. I don't think I will turn mine in until HoW comes out anyways so no rush for me. I have one already maxed that I will just upgrade when HoW comes out for the glimmer.

The 3 Hive majors at the start of the cosmodrome is a better place to glimmer farm than the Exclusion zone?

How are you guys keeping 2 or 3 copies of each of these iron banner weapons? I have no vault space as it is. I think I need some tips on what to keep. I definitely keep one of each exotic and was trying to keep 2 or 3 of all the raid weapons but that just isn't possible now.
I don't have a Thorn yet so I'd like to do that before HoW just as something else to do. Plus I'm so sick of being shot with that thing in Iron Banner I'd like to have one for myself to try out ;).

I'm not sure if the 3 Hive are better than Exclusion Zone, but I did both plus the Venus thing so it was just for a change of pace if nothing else. I'm not sure I'm doing the Venus one right, though, because it seemed to be much slower to me. With the Hive you get 125 glimmer repeatedly and more Black Wax Idols than you spend doing it (I started with about 50 and ended with 60 after using 4-5). The only problem there is that other people dropping into the Cosmodrome can screw it up. But I was running it with a friend and another random joined us and we were knocking out the 3 Hive every 45 seconds or so. Getting 125 even every minute means 7500 in an hour (and I think I got more like 10K in an hour). Plus you get lots of Silken Codex (worth 200 each), Black Wax Idols, and random engrams. Exclusion Zone may be a little faster, but is more "work" I think.

As for weapons, I have 4 Gjallarhorns. On each character I have an Icebreaker, Fatebringer, Vex Mythoclast, Black Hammer, and each of the Crota primaries (Fang of Ir Yut, Word of Crota, Abyss Defiant, and Oversoul Edict). I have multiples of certain exotics like Thunderlord, Truth, and Last Word. I have several legendary snipers, shotguns, and rocket launchers including many duplicates. And now besides Thorn I have all the other exotics. So there is definitely space for all those duplicates. I really should delete a few of the legendaries I never use to free up some more space but if I let some things go there is more than enough room for 3 x all the good stuff plus at least one of every other exotic and Iron Banner weapon.

^^

You still get credit if you are near someone who kills the Hive in the Cosmodrome.  Worked for me last night; the bounty popped while I was standing on the staircase.

And it seems crazy to me that l have spent an insane amount of hours in this game, like most everyone on this thread, but I still don't have even ONE Gjallarhorn for any of my characters.

You get credit, but other people have different strategies. Some run all the way back upstairs and that is not necessary but screws it up if you are doing the back wall thing. By back wall I mean just opposite where they spawn you go to the wall and jump a little. They will then respawn and it is a short run back in to get them. But anyone running around up top or sitting in the caves outside will keep them from spawning. Earlier I had some AFK people sitting in the cave or on the little mesas up top and they screwed it up.

I think I got lucky on my longer run last night because there were some AFK people in the zone but they were far away. But their presence kept others from spawning in so we had free reign on the Hive majors. At one point we probably got them 30 times in a row without an interruption.

Heh - here are my Warlock Crucible stats. So this is over 3 Iron banner events. It is pretty much the definition of average. But I'm pretty happy with that - I have (barely) more kills than deaths and much of that was from when I was still learning the ropes. I probably did much better on the latest IB. With my diminished reflexes and lack of experience in FPS multiplayer I'm pretty happy to be better than half the people out there...

Kills: 1437
Deaths: 1426
Assists: 628
Combat Rating: 64.73
Score: 332285
Activities Entered: 182
K/D Ratio: 1.01
Best Single Game Kills: 20
Ability Kills: 559
Precision Kills: 417

Do you still have the Phogoth part to do on the Thorn bounty? I still need to do that so we could team up for it. We'd need to get a third to help us - can't have a rando messing it up...
Randoms can't access that one. The level of the Phogoth strike is higher than normal and there is no matchmaking. It is a separate option when picking the strike. So you don't have to worry about randoms. I think the strike level is 26? Anywho, you just have to wait out 3 drop ships for the guy to appear that you have to kill. If I get my glimmer grind done, I will be more than happy to help out.

Randoms can't access that one. The level of the Phogoth strike is higher than normal and there is no matchmaking. It is a separate option when picking the strike. So you don't have to worry about randoms. I think the strike level is 26? Anywho, you just have to wait out 3 drop ships for the guy to appear that you have to kill. If I get my glimmer grind done, I will be more than happy to help out.
Wait, what? I thought all normal strikes had matchmaking and people used to use the Heroic Weekly to try to do this to avoid other people but when they added matchmaking to that it screwed it up. Hmmmm - I'll have to look into it. Are you saying you can pick a higher level of normal strike? Is it only available when you have this bounty?

In any case, I might hop on for a bit to glimmer farm. I'm not sure what for at this point. I might get a Timur's Lash. But then again, I could just wait till the next IB and get it as a drop like I did this time with Silmar's Wrath.

I think I am going to re-roll my sniper even though it is decent. But "Spray and Play" and "Outlaw" seem like they don't go together well so I'll hope for Final Round or Firefly on that last perk instead - but hopefully can still get Arc with the rest. I'm sure I'll waste a crop-ton of motes doing that, but oh well...

Wait, what? I thought all normal strikes had matchmaking and people used to use the Heroic Weekly to try to do this to avoid other people but when they added matchmaking to that it screwed it up. Hmmmm - I'll have to look into it. Are you saying you can pick a higher level of normal strike? Is it only available when you have this bounty?
The special strike for Thorn is a whole different destination that appears on the moon map when you have the bounty at that step.

The special strike for Thorn is a whole different destination that appears on the moon map when you have the bounty at that step.
Ah, OK, thanks. That would explain the exclamation point I'm seeing on my map now. I thought that was just some mission I did part of and bailed for a bounty. It has been a long time since I've seen that. I'll give it a shot.

Hey io, hope you didn't mind me joining you for the last 30 seconds of your Nightfall. I was sneaking in a quick Crucible match before work, saw you only had 2 and was like what the heck. :lol: I didn't even have my headset plugged in or my speakers on.

I was sick all weekend and didn't get to play IB at all Sat & Sun when I was to do the majority of the ranking. I did play yesterday & was able to get my Warlock & Titan to rank 4 & get a helmet and a decent Efreet's Spear Roll (took every mote of light I had). Has void ambush scope, perfect balance or field scout, aim well while firing, and outlaw. Praedyth's Revenge was my only Void snipers until recently. That makes my 3rd void, so 1 for each character. Sucks I couldn't get my Hunter IB helmet. I didn't play enough to get any Similar's Wrath or another Jolder's Hammer, I guess. No exotics for any Crota or Atheon kills either :(.

Between 3 nightfalls, crota kills, and gorgon, I got 5 exotics last night :lol:

Mida, Suros, Universal Remote, Skullfort, and Plan C. In other words 5 exotic shards :D

I was saving stuff for new vault space & it's still SO full, along with postmaster. No change there will be room for HoW gear, or ToO. They need gear vaults on each raid.

So who all will be on around 9:00 EST tonight?  The last few Tuesday's I've been running raids with another crew, but I miss my CAGs.  [sniff]   :cry:

If anyone wants to beat up on the Archon Priest, raid, or just glimmer farm, I'm game.

Hey io, hope you didn't mind me joining you for the last 30 seconds of your Nightfall. I was sneaking in a quick Crucible match before work, saw you only had 2 and was like what the heck. :lol: I didn't even have my headset plugged in or my speakers on.
Yeah, no problem. We were actually in a party with Vendetta and his friend (who were running the Nightfall separately) so you wouldn't have heard us anyway. That was pretty good timing on your part - to come in right when the Archon Priest was released ;).

Like Vendetta (since I did most of this with him), I got 3 x Gorgon chest, 3 x Crota normal, and 3 x Nightfall all done last night after reset. I think I got 2 exotics out of all of that, so not nearly the luck V had. But I'll take my two exotic shards (Truth and Thunderlord, both of which I have gotten 6+ times before). I got a legendary scout rifle I'd never gotten before so I might play around with that, though I also have my newly re-rolled Gheleon's Demise to play with too.

Vendetta let me in on a freebie on my third Nightfall (by letting me join at Archon Priest) so that was nice. Unfortunately that meant I didn't get the Eris bounty for the 3 motes so I will probably re-run the Nightfall again solo so I can get that done in the beginning part. But that should be pretty easy as long as I don't let the hobos snipe me.

I'm going to play casual this week after spending so much time playing IB last week. I might play a little Crucible to work on maxing out crucible marks on my Titan and Hunter. Maybe I'll try some of the other non-Control modes so I can get grimoire score out of those. If anyone is up for playing those with me let me know. I also have just one more achievement to get - the one for Salvage mode. If that is happening this weekend I'll probably try that as well.

I also want to knock out the Xyor part of the Thorn bounty and would appreciate help with that.

Otherwise I'll just go back to running bounties and getting faction rep and maxing out all the new stuff I got from Iron Banner. But if anyone wants to run hard Crota or VoG hit me up - with the new economy that is coming with HoW, it never hurts to get more energy/shards of either type.

I was saving stuff for new vault space & it's still SO full, along with postmaster. No change there will be room for HoW gear, or ToO. They need gear vaults on each raid.
Yeah, they made a big deal out of more Vault space being added and then totally underwhelmed with the actual change. I was expecting multiple pages of Vault space, not a handful of more slots at the bottom. With all the new IB stuff I got, I'm really going to have to delete a bunch of things I had held on to for various reasons. Like I think I'll get rid of any duplicate exotics that aren't Icebreaker or Gjallahorn. And I'll get rid of any VoG/Crota stuff that I have more than 3 of. I have like 5 Fatebringers which I held on to before because some people have such a hard time getting them. I thought maybe eventually there would be trading or selling or something. But it seems like from their recent comments that is not going to happen.

But I'd really like more room for ships and shaders. I can manage them all now, but only by holding a large percentage of them on each character, with some even at the postmaster. I'd prefer to have them all in one place to select them from.

Sheesh, that's a nice haul for one day.
And on one of my Hard Crota clears just a little bit ago, I got a No Land Beyond :lol: So 6 exotics today. I marathon'ed almost everything. Only have 2 VOG runs and 2 weeklies left. Did all my normal and hard crota runs already.

EDIT: Also I got my damn titan chest from VoG finally! So now I have every single raid armor and gun! :D/

Yeah, no problem. We were actually in a party with Vendetta and his friend (who were running the Nightfall separately) so you wouldn't have heard us anyway. That was pretty good timing on your part - to come in right when the Archon Priest was released ;).

Like Vendetta (since I did most of this with him), I got 3 x Gorgon chest, 3 x Crota normal, and 3 x Nightfall all done last night after reset. I think I got 2 exotics out of all of that, so not nearly the luck V had. But I'll take my two exotic shards (Truth and Thunderlord, both of which I have gotten 6+ times before). I got a legendary scout rifle I'd never gotten before so I might play around with that, though I also have my newly re-rolled Gheleon's Demise to play with too.

Vendetta let me in on a freebie on my third Nightfall (by letting me join at Archon Priest) so that was nice. Unfortunately that meant I didn't get the Eris bounty for the 3 motes so I will probably re-run the Nightfall again solo so I can get that done in the beginning part. But that should be pretty easy as long as I don't let the hobos snipe me.

I'm going to play casual this week after spending so much time playing IB last week. I might play a little Crucible to work on maxing out crucible marks on my Titan and Hunter. Maybe I'll try some of the other non-Control modes so I can get grimoire score out of those. If anyone is up for playing those with me let me know. I also have just one more achievement to get - the one for Salvage mode. If that is happening this weekend I'll probably try that as well.

I also want to knock out the Xyor part of the Thorn bounty and would appreciate help with that.

Otherwise I'll just go back to running bounties and getting faction rep and maxing out all the new stuff I got from Iron Banner. But if anyone wants to run hard Crota or VoG hit me up - with the new economy that is coming with HoW, it never hurts to get more energy/shards of either type.

Yeah, they made a big deal out of more Vault space being added and then totally underwhelmed with the actual change. I was expecting multiple pages of Vault space, not a handful of more slots at the bottom. With all the new IB stuff I got, I'm really going to have to delete a bunch of things I had held on to for various reasons. Like I think I'll get rid of any duplicate exotics that aren't Icebreaker or Gjallahorn. And I'll get rid of any VoG/Crota stuff that I have more than 3 of. I have like 5 Fatebringers which I held on to before because some people have such a hard time getting them. I thought maybe eventually there would be trading or selling or something. But it seems like from their recent comments that is not going to happen.

But I'd really like more room for ships and shaders. I can manage them all now, but only by holding a large percentage of them on each character, with some even at the postmaster. I'd prefer to have them all in one place to select them from.
The IB crew is probably going to run some VoG tonight (like 2.5 hours from this post). We want to avoid randoms off LFG, so I will msg you before we get everyone rounded up.

I'll be available to run sword for anyone that needs it this week. I'm completely done with both modes of Crota for the week. I had my smoothest sword run on hard earlier. We killed everything so fast that we didn't wait for a crota rotation after ogres. So it was quick and we had zero wipes. :)

Vendetta_x360 said:
EDIT: Also I got my damn titan chest from VoG finally! So now I have every single raid armor and gun! :D/
I finally got my last Crota item last night: the Shroud of Flies cloak for the Hunter. Yeah, that stupid thing eluded me even longer than Hunger of Crota did. I'd still like to get 2 more Hunger of Crota. That thing is nice to have when I need to use a primary exotic or Icebreaker.

Now the only item I'm missing from both Raids is that stupid Praetorian Foil. So, yeah, I'll take you up on the VoG run tonight - maybe that will finally drop for me.

If any CAGs want to do a hard Crota run (and Vendetta wants to help with sword again) I'd be up for that as well. I don't need anything from it, but I wouldn't mind more Cruxes ;). I actually haven't seen one of those drop in a long time so I'm lucky I got the one when I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back