destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Should I just pre-order the normal PS4 version, or hold out and see if anyone gets the PS4 Limited Edition anytime?

Now throwing out insults? You take crap too seriously.
The guy seems a little mentally slow. He has been posting the same thing for weeks and still can't figure out that this isn't a trade or wanted thread. I think it's probably best to just ignore him and come Tuesday he'll have nothing more to post about.

I got an alert saying Walmart had the Ghost edition in stock, but less than a minute later the cart said it was out of stock, with the main page saying it still was in stock. Don't know if it really went that fast or it was a glitch. 

[quote name="torosama" post="12068589" timestamp="1409947962"]I know this had been brought up multiple times, but yes here is the answer. All previous gen console dlc and etc carry over for a limited time.

This should make those 360 and PS3 Ghost copies a lot more desireable.

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

http://kotaku.com/last-gen-destiny-comes-with-a-free-current-gen-upgrade-1631183985[/quote]
Only the digital content though. So, the expansion pass and collectors content would be the only transferable items. Would still need to shell out cash for the game itself if you purchased a physical copy.

There's a huge misunderstanding on the Kotaku article: the upgrade is digital only, so if you buy the Limited/Ghost edition for PS3/360, when you upgrade to PS4/XBO, only the DLC will be transferred over since that is digital. A physical or digital copy of the game will have to be purchased separately to be able to use it if you don't get them in digital format originally.

Don't buy Limited/Ghost for PS3/360 if you think you won't have to buy for PS4/XBO again, you have been warned.

There's a huge misunderstanding on the Kotaku article: the upgrade is digital only, so if you buy the Limited/Ghost edition for PS3/360, when you upgrade to PS4/XBO, only the DLC will be transferred over since that is digital. A physical or digital copy of the game will have to be purchased separately to be able to use it if you don't get them in digital format originally.

Don't buy Limited/Ghost for PS3/360 if you think you won't have to buy for PS4/XBO again, you have been warned.
I don't think anyone here expected to be able to upgrade the whole game itself. Many were wondering the dlc crossed over and if it did then they would trade in their copy and use the credit towards the system they really wanted it on. So they would get to use all the extra stuff and only have to shell out the difference after the trade in.

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news for Ghost owners, but it seems there has been a big issue with packaging design/shipping. Not sure about other companies but we just got a memo at GameStop, many ghost editions arrived with cracked casing, depending how bad the cracking is you will get a discount. If it's just cracked but not too bad you'll get 15% off. If it's so bad the case won't close, you get 30% off....not sure how wide spread this is, but all the stores in my area received this memo.

Fracking edit for 3rd time. It appears the digital version is the one that gets free PS4 upgrade, the other copies just get DLC and expansion passes.

Q. When I buy the Destiny Limited Edition or Destiny Ghost Edition on PlayStation®3, how do I get the free PlayStation®4 version of the Expansion Pass?

-Log into your PlayStation®3 and redeem the voucher for the Destiny Expansion Pass in the PlayStation®Store on or before January 15, 2015.
- Log into your PlayStation®4 any time after using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to redeem the Destiny Expansion Pass on PlayStation®3.
- Navigate to the Expansion Pass within the Destiny content page in the PlayStation®Store.
- Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction and wait for the download to complete.
- Wait for the download to complete.

A physical or digital PlayStation®4 version of the Destiny game will be required to play this content on PlayStation®4, sold separately.

Expansion Pass content (which includes Expansions I and II) will only be available for full download once released.

Q. When I buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass for PlayStation®3, how do I get the free PlayStation®4 version?
When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the Playstation®4 version from the PlayStation®Store for free by doing the following:

- Log into your PlayStation®4 using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Destiny digital content on PlayStation®3.
- Navigate to the Destiny content page or search for the corresponding item you purchased previously on PlayStation®3.
- Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
- Wait for the download to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone here expected to be able to upgrade the whole game itself. Many were wondering the dlc crossed over and if it did then they would trade in their copy and use the credit towards the system they really wanted it on. So they would get to use all the extra stuff and only have to shell out the difference after the trade in.
Any confirmation on this? Can I purchase the Xbox 360 CE version, redeem the content on the Xbox 360 console, purchase a retail copy for the Xbox One and be able to carry over that content? From what I've read, there should be zero issues with this. The only problem is having to sell the Xbox 360 copy from the collector's edition and picking up a physical/digital copy of Destiny on the XB1.

The free digital upgrade being offered by Bungie is just that - the digital version. If you buy a physical copy for the 360/PS3, you still would need to buy a physical copy for the XB1/PS4.

Any confirmation on this? Can I purchase the Xbox 360 CE version, redeem the content on the Xbox 360 console, purchase a retail copy for the Xbox One and be able to carry over that content? From what I've read, there should be zero issues with this. The only problem is having to sell the Xbox 360 copy from the collector's edition and picking up a physical/digital copy of Destiny on the XB1.

The free digital upgrade being offered by Bungie is just that - the digital version. If you buy a physical copy for the 360/PS3, you still would need to buy a physical copy for the XB1/PS4.
Just go to the destiny site I linked earlier up and read the FAQ for 360 and XboxOne. I would assume it says the same thing as the playstation questions, but I'm not going to read that section too.

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news for Ghost owners, but it seems there has been a big issue with packaging design/shipping. Not sure about other companies but we just got a memo at GameStop, many ghost editions arrived with cracked casing, depending how bad the cracking is you will get a discount. If it's just cracked but not too bad you'll get 15% off. If it's so bad the case won't close, you get 30% off....not sure how wide spread this is, but all the stores in my area received this memo.
Casing as in the white box everything is held in? I got mine through best buy but still curious about this.

Yeah the gray casing that looks like a loot chest it's all held in.
Oh ok as long as none of the contents inside are damaged I would be perfectly fine with a discount because my casing was cracked lol. I don't plan on keeping that anyway. 10% on top of my20% gcu discount would be great.

Here's some promo codes that unlock special in-game emblems via Bungie's site:

FJ9-LAM-67F
JDT-NLC-JKM
JNX-DMH-XLA
7CP-94V-LFP
JD7-4CM-HJG

Oh ok as long as none of the contents inside are damaged I would be perfectly fine with a discount because my casing was cracked lol. I don't plan on keeping that anyway. 10% on top of my20% gcu discount would be great.
I should mention again, this is at gamestop. Not sure if this happened to other companies (though it's probably safe to assume it did) and I do not know what other retailers will offer should it turn out their shipments did as well.

According to this thread, it may not just be the box, it might be all of the packaging and it apparently came that way from the factory to multiple retailers including BB and GS.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704532-destiny/70005655
Ouch. Hope mine isn't too bad. Not sure who I would speak to at my best buy about seeing if they got them in and them being open to telling me yes or no for safety reasons of course. On the other hand, sucks for resellers lol.

I should mention again, this is at gamestop. Not sure if this happened to other companies (though it's probably safe to assume it did) and I do not know what other retailers will offer should it turn out their shipments did as well.
Yea but if my box is greatly damaged they will give me something in return. I normally don't complain about stuff but something this expensive and so far seemingly limited (I got the ps4 version) I will definitely complain about.

Yea but if my box is greatly damaged they will give me something in return. I normally don't complain about stuff but something this expensive and so far seemingly limited (I got the ps4 version) I will definitely complain about.
I agree, just saying this is gamestops solution.

http://i.imgur.com/1o2ZWfI.jpg

This is an image from reddit I believe. You can see the one in the box has some damage. Rest seem to be ok though.
Yep, I don't know if I could live with damage of that type. The outer storage box is literally cracked open. Hopefully my BB.com order comes in alright, but I am nervous given that their packaging isn't always top notch and they use pretty limited air pouches for most CEs I have ordered from them.

the ghost edition, looks huge in the picture, almost as big as an xbox one in packaging
There's another picture out there that has it next to a ps4 box and it's taller then those. Have no idea why it's so big when the robot toy didn't look big in the original video.

There's another picture out there that has it next to a ps4 box and it's taller then those. Have no idea why it's so big when the robot toy didn't look big in the original video.
at first from the image from the video at ign, ti didn't look that big to me. but real-life pictures shows how big it really it is. i guess the $150 is somewhat justifyable , i wonder if it is as big as dragon age inquistion inquistor editions box. look at ghost edition box, i can probably use it as storage box for my games/blu ray movies

at first from the image from the video at ign, ti didn't look that big to me. but real-life pictures shows how big it really it is. i guess the $150 is somewhat justifyable , i wonder if it is as big as dragon age inquistion inquistor editions box
I haven't seen any pictures of that other then the advertising ones but based on that it looks to be taller by a little.

Now just think of all those people that bought them from those sleezes on eBay for 300+ that are either going to get the broken box and try and refund on them or that won't get them launch day because of all the people that have to try and get the situation rectified and offer refunds to those that bought.  This whole thing is about to get nasty for some poeple.

Now just think of all those people that bought them from those sleezes on eBay for 300+ that are either going to get the broken box and try and refund on them or that won't get them launch day because of all the people that have to try and get the situation rectified and offer refunds to those that bought. This whole thing is about to get nasty for some poeple.
Exactly why I'm now glad amazon cancelled mine, because I was going to have them shipped to some CAGs instead of canceling myself. I was doing it at MSRP not selling for profit, but it still would have been a huge headache. I'm thinking this could go down bad for activision/bungie as well. I'm hoping mine is in good shape as I actually preordered mine at another store.

I hope people stay safe during the Midnight releases. Since those Ghost Editions are jumping in price, many people might swipe some, G-d forbid. Just remember to try taking a friend with you just in case and have a phone readily available just in case. It's really sad how people are going to get the GE for $300 and see some dents or what not. Hopefully, Bungie, Paypal, etc can remedy bad situations. This game is the biggest launching title in the history of the PS4/X1.

[quote name="nviz" post="12069173" timestamp="1409957180"]I hope people stay safe during the Midnight releases. Since those Ghost Editions are jumping in price, many people might swipe some, G-d forbid. Just remember to try taking a friend with you just in case and have a phone readily available just in case. It's really sad how people are going to get the GE for $300 and see some dents or what not. Hopefully, Bungie, Paypal, etc can remedy bad situations. This game is the biggest launching title in the history of the PS4/X1.[/quote]
Not a good idea around here. Good way to catch lead is to try to rob me or someone at my release while I'm there! ;)

Side note: Not going to the midnight release, but picking yours up in the morning in the Detroit Metro area? Armed body guard for hire!

Not a good idea around here. Good way to catch lead is to try to rob me or someone at my release while I'm there! ;) Side note: Not going to the midnight release, but picking yours up in the morning in the Detroit Metro area? Armed body guard for hire!
Were a lot of people assaulted or robbed during the PS4 and X1 launch windows in 2013, specifically in Detroit?

Btw, has anyone tried calling Gamestop or their online shopping site to "upgrade their copies?" I might try to get the GE from Gamestop now.

[quote name="nviz" post="12069194" timestamp="1409957624"]Were a lot of people assaulted or robbed during the PS4 and X1 launch windows in 2013, specifically in Detroit?[/quote]
There were a couple incidents. None where I was, thankfully.

bread's done
Back