destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

My PS4 Ghost Edition came in pretty rough shape. Really disappointed with Amazon as of late.

SSkPFFm.jpg
Wow, that sucks dude. Reach out to Amazon asap and see what they can do for you.

With the reviews of this game, I think lots of resellers on ebay are going to be dealing with many charge backs and disputes with made up excuses after people come to their senses and say "I paid that for this?" Big headaches are just around the corner for them.

As a side not, with this and nhl 15 being reviewed so horribly the VG industry as a whole will be in lots of trouble if it keeps it up. If the games are going to be nothing but pretty garbage, this generation will be the a huge failure with most studios out of business

What are you even talking about? No credible site has an actual review of Destiny up yet. They're all "in progress" due to the nature of the game. What bad reviews?

Tons of information about Destiny has been all over the internet for months. Under those circumstances, if someone made a purchase without knowing how the game worked or what they were getting, that's their fault.

What are you even talking about? No credible site has an actual review of Destiny up yet. They're all "in progress" due to the nature of the game. What bad reviews?
Tons of information about Destiny has been all over the internet for months. Under those circumstances, if someone made a purchase without knowing how the game worked or what they were getting, that's their fault.
Look and read for yourself. Actual user reviews and most feedback from the released game are very bad

Look and read for yourself. Actual user reviews and most feedback from the released game are very bad
Lol yes let's believe everything on the Internet because there aren't any trolls or people who like to give a game a 0 because it's an exclusive to a system they don't like. I don't trust user reviews at all.

Lol yes let's believe everything on the Internet because there aren't any trolls or people who like to give a game a 0 because it's an exclusive to a system they don't like. I don't trust user reviews at all.
I have to agree. It's been a while since I paid attention to reviews online. I only listen to friends/people I interact with and what they recommend.

Another Best Buy success story! Perfect condition Ghost Edition got delivered and I picked up my regular edition in store along with a shirt, wristband and poster.

Another Best Buy success story! Perfect condition Ghost Edition got delivered and I picked up my regular edition in store along with a shirt, wristband and poster.
Nice, my store didn't have a midnight opening so it didn't receive all the goodies.. I am satisfied at getting a free shirt though, so that was nice.

4.6 million people played the beta. How can these folks not know what to expect? Anyone who played the alpha and/or beta for an extended period of time knows exactly what Destiny has to offer. But then again, you can't please everyone.

P.S. I'm not saying the game is perfect, far from it, but if you had a chance to play the beta then how can you complain. You were given a chance to experience the game first hand prior to purchasing it.

4.6 million people played the beta. How can these folks not know what to expect? Anyone who played the alpha and/or beta for an extended period of time knows exactly what Destiny has to offer. But then again, you can't please everyone.

P.S. I'm not saying the game is perfect, far from it, but if you had a chance to play the beta then how can you complain. You were given a chance to experience the game first hand prior to purchasing it.
Agree. Everyone who played the beta expecting a total difference experience upon full release is delusional. And I love the reviews giving it a 0 because it's not an MMO. Bungie even said it isn't meant to be an MMO just a more open fps. There has been plenty of videos and things to tell you what you were getting and it's their fault for not listening or reading.

I lucked out beyond belief, so I have an PS4 LE I'm either sending to a CAG, or back to Amazon. Cost+USPS Priority, and will ship today if I get a response early enough.

I have to agree. It's been a while since I paid attention to reviews online. I only listen to friends/people I interact with and what they recommend.
People should be intelligent enough to be able to tell if a review is trolling or legitimately someone's opinion. People immature enough to destroy a game, because it's not on a system they like are teenaged kids with no concept of a constructive review.

My PS4 Ghost Edition just got delivered from Amazon . Mine was in great shape, only the sleeve had a few minor tears. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

GW6sYR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the text messages that it was out for delivery this morning and then the delivered text message. Came home opened the box to, two excellent Limited Editions.

wYM9Gidl.jpg

Thanks to Amazon for having it delivered quickly  :D/ I just installed the Xbox One version and now to the PS4 version!

I got the text messages that it was out for delivery this morning and then the delivered text message. Came home opened the box to, two excellent Limited Editions.

wYM9Gidl.jpg

Thanks to Amazon for having it delivered quickly :D/ I just installed the Xbox One version and now to the PS4 version!
May I ask what the need for it on both consoles is?

I got the Ghost Edition at home waiting...but I also ordered a base game from Bb and I haven't gotten the pickup email yet.

Hmmm...

Of course the negative reviews today will drive the Metacritic score down.  The main reason for this is because most people are really enjoying the game and are not going to waste time writing a review less than 17 hours after the games' release.

May I ask what the need for it on both consoles is?
kill3r7 said it. I have friends that own one or the other console and I would like to play this game with them. I have friends that ONLY have the Xbox One and I have friends that ONLY have the PS4.

Friends would be my guess. My college friends, who still play video games, primarily play on X1 but I want the bonus content on PS4.
:applause: You said it! lol

I picked up my Ghost Edition from my local Best Buy last night - I pre-ordered online for it awhile back and picked it up without any physical damage to the item.

People should be intelligent enough to be able to tell if a review is trolling or legitimately someone's opinion. People immature enough to destroy a game, because it's not on a system they like are teenaged kids with no concept of a constructive review.
Agreed.

The First Look Alpha as well as the Beta were good indications of what to expect for the released game. Some had expectations akin to the second coming of Jesus or something, which is a setup for instant disappointment no matter how they approached the game.

Of course the negative reviews today will drive the Metacritic score down. The main reason for this is because most people are really enjoying the game and are not going to waste time writing a review less than 17 hours after the games' release.
It's the Internet for you - a lot of folks won't bother writing a good review or compliment someone on their service, for instance... But they'll definitely want to share their frustration or complain about something instead.

I didn't like how a lot of gamers on Bungie's Facebook page (who probably Liked the page in the first place) were telling Bungie to go fuck themselves because they couldn't play the game until 3am in the East Coast. So harsh and immature. You can't please everyone!

I contacted Amazon and I requested if it was at all possible to get a replacement. Was somehow hoping that they perhaps set aside a few just for this situation. The two representatives I talked to were very adamant that all they could do was a return and refund. I'm just happy the ghost replica and all other contents were in perfect shape so I didn't push for any sort of reimbursement.

But yeah, I am happy to see CAGs getting perfect condition ghost editions!

My PS4 Ghost arrived from Gamestop in flawless condition. They bubble packaged the hell out of that thing. It came in an enormous box where half of it was just used for the bubble wrap.

And then of course I tore the sleeve trying to get the sticker off of it. Of course right?

My PS4 limited edition from Amazon arrived a little over an hour ago. It only shipped 13 hours before that time. Very nice. Packaged perfectly and the outside is in pristine condition. I'll be able to open it soon.

First, I'd like someone to sell me on actually playing Destiny.

Second, is the LE worth the while? I'm not even going to try for the GE.
Why is it someone else's responsibility to sell you on playings Destiny? If you don't want to play it, don't play. Move along.

I love how all these people don't know how to form an opinion for themselves and are helpless without critic's reviews. I think that's where a lot of the hate is stemming from.

Anyone get the Vanguard DLC code from Amazon yet?  Or is that in the box?

Why is it someone else's responsibility to sell you on playings Destiny? If you don't want to play it, don't play. Move along.

I love how all these people don't know how to form an opinion for themselves and are helpless without critic's reviews. I think that's where a lot of the hate is stemming from.
Actually I was hoping for a player's point of perspective; the press reviews lately I couldn't care less for these days. Besides, there are always three perspectives of the game: the critics, the player, and other people who've played the game. Well I suppose you can add the 4th: the developers.

Perhaps I didn't drink enough coffee; this game interested me but do people buy the game on judgment of the live-action trailer and the Bungie name by chance?

I have bought a game just for the soundtrack before *cough, cough* Star Trek *cough*. Heard some of Destiny's music and am mildly impressed...quite mildly impressed I might add.

Just one more thing: No, I don't hate the game. Kind of wish I had a Destiny Beta key a few months ago but that's past now.

Welp my box is pretty fucked. Completely torn in 2 spots on the same side, the lid won't even stay on properly. Not sure if I should report it for a possible replacement and risk getting banned, or just leave it alone.

Home from work with my Ghost waiting for me from Amazon. Overall very lucky it's in great shape. Only one small crack in the corner.

Welp my box is pretty fucked. Completely torn in 2 spots on the same side, the lid won't even stay on properly. Not sure if I should report it for a possible replacement and risk getting banned, or just leave it alone.
Why would you get banned for asking for a replacment on a item that arrived damaged? If it were me I would be upset and would want to be compensated.

Actually I was hoping for a player's point of perspective; the press reviews lately I couldn't care less for these days. Besides, there are always three perspectives of the game: the critics, the player, and other people who've played the game. Well I suppose you can add the 4th: the developers.

Perhaps I didn't drink enough coffee; this game interested me but do people buy the game on judgment of the live-action trailer and the Bungie name by chance?

I have bought a game just for the soundtrack before *cough, cough* Star Trek *cough*. Heard some of Destiny's music and am mildly impressed...quite mildly impressed I might add.

Just one more thing: No, I don't hate the game. Kind of wish I had a Destiny Beta key a few months ago but that's past now.
Red Box it, form your own opinion, and decide from there. :)

Because they ban if you complain/receive free stuff too many times apparently. And I have had other issues in the past
Don't worry, like I've stated earlier in this thread, maybe, I have gotten 7-8 replacement Kindle Paperwhites until I got one that I liked. Still not banned and just asked for a replacement for a loud ass air purifier.

Don't worry, like I've stated earlier in this thread, maybe, I have gotten 7-8 replacement Kindle Paperwhites until I got one that I liked. Still not banned and just asked for a replacement for a loud ass air purifier.
Alright thanks, I'll hit them up. If I get banned I'll just hunt you down O:)

Anyone open the ghost?

What did the USB cord instructions say? Anything about addons thru downloads later or just charging?

bread's done
Back