Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Yeah, I jumped into the Crota raid a few days ago because I saw two CAGs (Broly and LinkinPrime) were in there and I thought I'd help out. It turns out they had just finished getting through to the Deathsinger and were just screwing around there. Of course there is an auto-wipe every 3 minutes or so on that part. We were just killing thralls and some knights and talking through several wipes.

The only stat that would matter in any sense on the Raid is your kills while completing a specific section. That is, say you got through confluxes on VoG and only had like 2 kills. That would show you were probably being carried by the others. Not that that is anyone's business either, but for sure overall K/D is a pretty stupid thing to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to add... some of the posters on Bungie.net are real psychos.

According to them, you should go kill yourself if you ever took longer than an hour to finish a raid, ran two of the same class Guardians, switched weapons or mats between Guardians, had any fun.  Etc, Etc, Etc...

Yeah K/D is jacked up by all the on purpose wipes in Croata.

edit: I keep spelling crota wrong...

Had a hell of a drop in Crota's End today. Was gone all week so just barely squeaked in the raid and weeklies tonight.

Drops in CE were okay up to Crota - shards/energy, gloves (already had them), and legs. Then Crota drop - Ship, Black Hammer, and Gjallarhorn. Oh man.

And the team I had was awesome. Randoms, but we aced it until we had to wipe a few times on Crota.

crota seriously? a couple shards?!??! you dick.

edit: oh snap you gave nax all my loot! double dick!

Beat our old buddy Atheon twice tonight and first time i got my 3rd vex mythoclast and 2 helmets for my titan. Second time i got my 4th Vex Mythoclast and the hunter helmet and ship. LOL

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12388608" timestamp="1420520961"]Beat our old buddy Atheon twice tonight and first time i got my 3rd vex mythoclast and 2 helmets for my titan. Second time i got my 4th Vex Mythoclast and the hunter helmet and ship. LOL[/quote]
Grrr. Did Atheon tonight and still no Mythoclast.

Yeah its pretty fast and fun to do the new raid the way it is now with all the glitches...

When I got online Matt already had a team going so I just did some bounties.

Hope he got his coins :)
Sorry. Missed this before. Got the 3 coins I needed for Exotic boots. Actually had my most prolific week ever in Destiny, and that was without raiding.

Is Nightfall doable w Titan lvl 28? I've been trying to get some ppl w higher lvl to do raid or high lvl strike but pretty much most of them ignore me cuz my lvl :(

Is Nightfall doable w Titan lvl 28? I've been trying to get some ppl w higher lvl to do raid or high lvl strike but pretty much most of them ignore me cuz my lvl :(
Possibly, but would be tough. There is no damage modifier this week so that doesnt help.

Possibly, but would be tough. There is no damage modifier this week so that doesnt help.
On vanilla, yeah its tough though, I've solo'ed many on 28 warlock sunsinger (self revive is essential) before the expansion, there were many cheeses for each of the strikes.

They cover the hole under the platform cheese for the Archon Priest for the regular strikes that that would be tough.

Doable, yes. Are you much help, not really.

The game nerfs you sooo much when you're 2 levels below the mission level. IIRC, you do about 30% less damage than a level 30 and what's worse, you can only take few hits before you're dead.

The best help you provide is by hiding in some far off corner so that if the others die you can keep the mission alive while they back out to orbit and rejoin.

This is probably why you're having a hard time finding groups. I'd be fine helping you out; done it before for others.

But I would strongly recommend you see about getting the new vanguard gear. Should be pretty quick to hit at least light level 30 and eventually 31.

And if you have the gear but don't have the shards to upgrade, then I'd recommend we do some Vault of Glass runs to get you the materials you need

If anyone is looking to expand their Destiny PS4 friend list, feel free to add me: x3x1x

I've mostly played solo up until now and figure it's time to get a few raids under my belt.

Well Ive never tried any raid due to my lvl but many strikes and only 1 lvl 30 mission and I got owned pretty fast in this one, but thx to the guy lvl 30 we made it. And that I realize how tough it's is at higher lvl. I just recently discovered that finishing Nightfall gives you a 25% boost to any reputation you get, so its tempting trying Nightfall. Also that's why Im working on getting rank up w faction so I can get at least starter legendary gears. I think I can now afford an Exotic piece if Xur is available. My PSN is Ganth90 and Im on PS3 btw.

Anybody have a ps4 crota bridge checkpoint they can share tonight?Too lazy to do the lamp phase this week. Lol

Got chest from the bridge on my warlock. I now have a way to hit 32 on all of my characters. I have way too much strength gear though. Still hoping I can get better sets put together before hard drops.

Probably going to try and get the nightfall and weekly done on all 3 characters later tonight. If you see me on and want in let me know.

Anybody have a ps4 crota bridge checkpoint they can share tonight?Too lazy to do the lamp phase this week. Lol
I might be able to help you out a bit later tonight. I've already run my Warlock/Titan past the bridge late last night/early morning but stopped before getting to Crota. I still need to do a run with my Hunter so I'll PM you if you're on.

It must be repeat glove week because through two beginning to the bridge runs I've only received gloves for both my Warlock & Titan that I already owned (both having worse stats/perks) and of course the usual shard haul (hooray, but nothing to use them on). It's going to take forever to reach lvl 32 if my luck doesn't improve (only +3 light away).

I actually haven't finished the Crota Raid yet surprisingly, mainly due to my schedule and being on later than most people. I assume armor pieces do drop from killing Crota?

^ The first section always seems to give out gloves so it is no surprise people are getting lots of those. I think during our 3 runs last night that is all I saw people getting. I finally got one with the Hive critical kill perk so I'll be switching to that. Unfortunately I had maxed out my previous Titan gloves since they were 105 Intellect. So I wasted some shards there...

jhill9056 said:
Got chest from the bridge on my warlock. I now have a way to hit 32 on all of my characters. I have way too much strength gear though. Still hoping I can get better sets put together before hard drops.
I mentioned this earlier but I wonder if there is a strength modifier to sword attacks on Crota? Because pretty much all of my gear across 3 characters is strength-heavy too. I finally got a chance to be the Swordbearer with my 32 Hunter last night and I took him down about 1/4 with just 3 RT attacks on one sword attempt. Unfortunately I suck at platforming with a Hunter and couldn't get back up there reliably, plus then my controller decided to disconnect so we gave up for the night (it was our 4th run after reset).

I know just being 32 makes a huge difference - but also I wonder about my nearly 100% strength...

jhill9056 said:
I mentioned this earlier but I wonder if there is a strength modifier to sword attacks on Crota? Because pretty much all of my gear across 3 characters is strength-heavy too. I finally got a chance to be the Swordbearer with my 32 Hunter last night and I took him down about 1/4 with just 3 RT attacks on one sword attempt. Unfortunately I suck at platforming with a Hunter and couldn't get back up there reliably, plus then my controller decided to disconnect so we gave up for the night (it was our 4th run after reset).

I know just being 32 makes a huge difference - but also I wonder about my nearly 100% strength...

I might be able to help you out a bit later tonight. I've already run my Warlock/Titan past the bridge late last night/early morning but stopped before getting to Crota. I still need to do a run with my Hunter so I'll PM you if you're on.

It must be repeat glove week because through two beginning to the bridge runs I've only received gloves for both my Warlock & Titan that I already owned (both having worse stats/perks) and of course the usual shard haul (hooray, but nothing to use them on). It's going to take forever to reach lvl 32 if my luck doesn't improve (only +3 light away).

I actually haven't finished the Crota Raid yet surprisingly, mainly due to my schedule and being on later than most people. I assume armor pieces do drop from killing Crota?
Thanks. Hopefully i cam get on later. I beat crota 3 times last week and only got a helmet for my hunter. It did give me 3 different weapons so that was still good. I got boots from that session where you carried me so im guessing its random. Hopefully i do get a different armor piece this week.

I don't think strength has anything to do with sword damage. There is a huge jump in damage from 31 to 32 though. I wish they would do something to make strength better in pve. It just seems so useless compared to intellect and discipline.

Well Ive never tried any raid due to my lvl but many strikes and only 1 lvl 30 mission and I got owned pretty fast in this one, but thx to the guy lvl 30 we made it. And that I realize how tough it's is at higher lvl. I just recently discovered that finishing Nightfall gives you a 25% boost to any reputation you get, so its tempting trying Nightfall. Also that's why Im working on getting rank up w faction so I can get at least starter legendary gears. I think I can now afford an Exotic piece if Xur is available. My PSN is Ganth90 and Im on PS3 btw.
Ah. Gotcha.

My advice would be to keep the armor you've got, BUT only level up armor that has at least a level 33 rating.

DON'T drop any shards, glimmer or materials into level 27 armor. You'll want to save up as much as possible for the better gear.

And you don't need to align yourself with a faction in order to buy armor. You can buy armor directly from the Vanguard mentors (the guys down center, standing around the table). You only need enough Vanguard marks, 1 commendation and a Rank 2 (I think) in order to buy their gear.

I mean, play however you like. But if you want an easier time to find groups and play the level 30 missions, then make it your goal to hit at least level 30 and do it using at least the new vanguard armors (and the new level 36 exotics too), since the level 33 armors will actually get you as high as Light level 31.

I hop back and forth between the PS3 and PS4 versions so I'll add you. I can help out as long as I'm not already in a group. Just message me thru the game.

I like the lamp part...its kind of exciting.
That's true. And most of the groups I've been in run it with the mentality of "No one gets left behind", so it creates a unifying mindset.

If it goes to no-revive on Hard mode, like we all expect it will, I can see things shifting to "Save the cheerleader, err... Hunter. Save the Hunter. He'll sneak thru to the checkpoint".

Damn, logged out to take care of something and now I can't get logged back in.  

Tried PS3 and PS4 but no dice.

EDIT:  working again, but getting kicked to orbit alot

EDIT 2: spoke too soon. Here we go again...

EDIT 3: ack!  I can get as far as choosing my guardian, then... Das Booot!

fyi - the holiday gifts are at the postmaster. It's a random vanguard legendary weapon. You get one per account.

I got an arc rocket launcher. At least it's something I didn't have already. It should be useful for arc burns, I guess.

Only played 2 hours last night. Was able to join gujimmy at the crota bridgecheckpoint for my lock and got myself shards. I restarted the raid to do the lamp section it awarded me with gloves. Woohoo. I now have 2 raid armors for my lock.

I did the lamp section with my hunter next and got raid gloves aswell. Only got shards at the bridge.

I probably wnt be on til friday. So my titan have to wait for his run. I do hope i get lucky with him. He doesnt have any raid gear yet.

fyi - the holiday gifts are at the postmaster. It's a random vanguard legendary weapon. You get one per account.

I got an arc rocket launcher. At least it's something I didn't have already. It should be useful for arc burns, I guess.
Just picked up mine... The Devil you Don't (ugh) :shame:

Guess il br picking mine up on friday. Sucks thats just a random legendary weapon. Would have liked ir more if it was a rumored ghost shell or even a new sparrow. I would bet majority of the gifts received today are being dismantled. Not cool bungie!

Yeah I got the same damn shotgun I've already broken down 5 times before. Secret Handshake. I don't care if it's good for PvP. I don't play that much PvP and I don't use shotguns. So disappoint.

Got a Solar One Way Ticket 000 from the package, only one in the magazine but I rolled field scout so I guess I'll keep it.

Feel free to add me as Im playing this now.  Just let me know that your CAG when you send friend request.  Please know that Im not as fast as some in playing because of my disability.  I dont want any one to get mad.

Well, got the 1st half of the Crota raid done on all 3 toons. So out of 3 drops each (chest, cp1, cp2) I got 6 energies, the rest were shards and also got a 2nd titan chest armor.

Used the shards to hit 32 on my main titan. My 2nd titan now has enough armor to hit 32 but it needs shards. Gonna hafta wait since my next priority is to put all my shards into the warlock. Still no Helm for any of my toons.

Just need to get the 2nd chest and kill Crota on all 3 toons and hope for helms, another Black Hammer and shards.

I'm still about half-way to Eris rank 4 so it'll probably be another week before I can start exchanging mats

Guess il br picking mine up on friday. Sucks thats just a random legendary weapon. Would have liked ir more if it was a rumored ghost shell or even a new sparrow. I would bet majority of the gifts received today are being dismantled. Not cool bungie!
I'm with you. I actually would have preferred a new ghost shell or sparrow.

Yeah I got the same damn shotgun I've already broken down 5 times before. Secret Handshake. I don't care if it's good for PvP. I don't play that much PvP and I don't use shotguns. So disappoint.
I will say my Secret Handshake, with Void, made my 2nd Thorn bounty go much faster than the POS I had used the first time around.

Plan on using it to get my 3rd Thorn bounty done too.

ArJay2k8 said:
Hah - read my sob story in the Xbox One thread. Like you I don't use shotguns and I also have gotten a lot of that particular one.

Then I got two of them in a row from the Nightfall yesterday! On my third run I got 11 ascendant energy. Normally I'd think that was a crappy Nightfall reward, but considering that the two Secret Handshakes resulted in just 2 energy each, getting 11 was a huge upgrade. But yeah, basically 15 ascendant energy (which I have a ton of already) from the Nightfall this week - thanks Bungie.

I haven't checked my prize yet - but I'd be willing to bet it is another Secret Handshake.

I will say my Secret Handshake, with Void, made my 2nd Thorn bounty go much faster than the POS I had used the first time around.
Plan on using it to get my 3rd Thorn bounty done too.
I've got the raid shotgun for if and when I ever decide to do that. Which is leaning towards the never side.

I've got the raid shotgun for if and when I ever decide to do that. Which is leaning towards the never side.
Well, there's that :lol:

Those of us on RNG's "isht-list" gotta make due with what we got :)

Destiny trolled me pretty good. So last week I get my Warlock to level 26 (after the 27 hunter and 28 titan) and decide to start doing the daily heroic story on level 26 with all 3 characters to get the 4 ascendant energy I need to fully upgrade a legendary weapon (and get the trophy). First one i complete, bam 1 ascendant energy. Then..... 5 ascendent shards in a row. So after I finished the 3rd run through this morning I almost immediately get my first public event and it gives me an ascendant energy and an engram which I turned in for another ascendant energy. Thanks destiny.

On a positive note I got enough strange coins during this to buy a exotic shard this weekend and upgrade/trophy my exotic gun too.

I finally finished Thorn the other day. You are better off using a void FR than that p.o.s. raid shotty. Also, if you can get the bounty on a warlock voidwalker really helps.

Just did the whole crota with no cheese with a group from lfg...and it was smooth. We wiped like 3-4 times total and two of those were on purpose. Why are people cheesing so much when its not even that hard compared to the vault?

Of course for my efforts defeating him I got a few shards again :(

I think all I got was gauntlets besides materials this time. I think I just answered my own question about why people cheese...

Made a new warlock in about 10 1/2 hours, did the first 2 stages of crotas end and left with shards, energy, and a 2nd pair of gloves. Thanks Crota, because i needed the chest and boots the most, so what do you do, give me more gauntlets. Ive heard the first part only gives out gloves, which might be true since my titan has 5 pairs of gloves and the only other raid gear i have is the chest for him. 

I've definitely received boots from both the lamps and bridge checkpoints. This week seems to be very glove heavy, as I've received 4 pairs

I know its supposed to be random but I think its funny how there seem to be trends. Like the last couple weeks everyone has finally been getting mythoclasts and now we all got (more) gloves this week from crotes...

I'll try with my titan tonight and see how it goes...then I guess its nightfall/weekly time.

There was a thread on reddit where somebody collected drop reports from 500 runs through the raid. The results showed that the lamp section has a high chance for gloves and really low chance for boots and chest. The bridge had a high chance for boots and chest and a really low chance for gloves. The helmet drop rate off of Crota was super low as well.

I only had one non shard/energy in my 3 clears of Crota this week. My warlock got a chest piece from the bridge. It wasn't a great week for me, but I can hit 32 on all 3 characters now. I think my overall luck with Crota has been pretty good. I am missing chest on my titan and helmet on my warlock and hunter. I have all of the weapons from Crota except for the fusion rifle and I still need the ship as well.  

My Nightfall luck for the week wasn't great either. I got a second Suros, a crappy fusion rifle, and 8 energy. Not the greatest week, but it's nice to be done early. I will probably log on to do a few bounties on my warlock and titan to level some gear. The rest of my gaming time is probably going to Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, and the rest of my backlog if I get to it.

I dont have much coins left. Dont have time to farm weeklies tonight. Is it bad for me to wish that xur sells crappy wares tom ao i donr miss out this week? Hehe! I can probably purchase one weapon and an armor but thats it.

[quote name="zyk" post="12397142" timestamp="1420764498"]Weekly update out

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---01082015/en/News/News?aid=12483

Fixes to the raid so no more soloing through it

Deathsinger will now give loot

First chest will only give radiant materials

Hard mode is almost completed, release date will be announced later.

Exotics that drop in VoG are level 32[/quote]

Oh man, i was planning to do my raid run solo with my titan tonight. Now im stuck w no armor for him. At least both my warlock and hunter have 2 pcs of armor. At this point, might aswell do crota checkpoints. Last week i was able to do it legit so it wnt be that hard as long as the group knows hiw to do it.

bread's done
Back