Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Enemies in the raid are 370 and 380. 350 might have a rough time.
350 should get you thru the intro fight and the 1st boss fight.

You'd probably be fine for the 2nd boss fight too, since you should gain a level or 3 (from the drops) by then.

My clan went in with one 347, a bunch of 350's and a couple of 360's and things were fine for those first two parts. We stopped at the 2nd boss fight mainly because it was getting late.

I was 350, on the nose, to start the raid and finished the night at 356 (running hunter, btw). Only real issue I had was burning thru primary ammo. P

So, I would at least try when you're 350. You should get thru it and you'll have a shot at 3 exotic chests. Plus, engrams were dropping like crazy for me in there.

I cleared the raid finally.  Aksis Phase 2 requires everyone to be on point and use multiple heavy synth per run.  Group was solid.  We were all in the 365-369 range.  We reached the final DPS phase and failed the first time.  Second time we succeeded.  It was close though!

I found the Spindle and Raid Rocket Launcher are a better load out than 1kys and Gally, if you were lucky enough to get the launcher.

Wrath of the Machine is awesome.  If you have competent fire team members it is the most fun raid thus far.  I went in with a group blind and it was all pretty easy to figure out.  We missed a lot of the hidden chests and such, but that's ok!

I just got back into this game. On a whim I decided to dismantle all my year 1 and 2 exotics and weapons, because i doubt I could use them for anything. I also dismantled anything below 300. Was that a bad idea? 

guys I purchased taken king some time ago but maybe only played about 12 hours or so. Can i still focus on the content and continue grinding and hunting gear or has the game become completely focused on the new dlc ?

guys I purchased taken king some time ago but maybe only played about 12 hours or so. Can i still focus on the content and continue grinding and hunting gear or has the game become completely focused on the new dlc ?
You can still do TTK things, but not everything. For example, think you're locked out of Iron Banner since they revamped the vendor location to an area that is specifically Rise of Iron only.

You might be locked out of Trials and Nightfall, but not sure.

If your goal is to increase your light level, then you sorta would be wasting your time. Rise of Iron increased the light cap and don't think you'll be able to get the higher light gear without buying RoI.

It would be so odd to play Destiny without the latest DLC.  I mean, can you still just buy Vanilla Destiny and play that?  I wonder what you'd even see in the Tower?  Like what do they do with the Vendor stock?  I suppose I could get a cheap copy and try that on PS4 just to see ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys i am looking for a few guys to join my clan.

we only have 4 members so i decided to recruit . 

we raid,strike,and play pve so if you want to join add me on psn: missunderstood

or go to bungie.net and search Kings Of Death MDK

Got my 3 toons thru hard raid.  All the weapons dropped, except for the pulse.

The HMG is my favorite so far.  I can burn thru 120-130 rounds on Aksis, without reloading, then switch to OP to finish.

Anyway, hard is more about gear-check than anything else.  So if you do fine with normal, you'll do fine with hard... once you get your light level high enough, that is.

And you really need to communicate during the Aksis fight.  Plus, I swear they reduced the time allowed to take down the shield, but maybe it just seems that way because there's more going on.

I am thinking about getting into destiny but havent played since it was first released. How much has it changed since then? Whats it like to play these days? I got irritated with ghe game back then but heard it changed a lot.

It's barely the same game. Nearly everything is improved over what you likely remember from two years ago.
What is the cheappassiest way to get up to date? I played originally on the Xbox 360 and have since upgraded to the PS4 which is where I would play destiny.

Currently it is $50 on Amazon, if you have trade fodder that can lower the price depending on where you trade in games.

It probably will be in sale on or around Black Friday, , but if you wanna buy it now that is probably the cheapest to buy it unless you price match at Best Buy and you have GCU.

I estimate if it is in sale for BF it will be either $25 or $35

In looking at Info on it I came across news that Destiny 2 is out next year? I'm thinking I might just wait till then to jump in again. Good idea?

In looking at Info on it I came across news that Destiny 2 is out next year? I'm thinking I might just wait till then to jump in again. Good idea?
How far did you get in the game originally?

Only ask because you'd be starting from scratch on PS4. The character transfer only worked if you stayed in the same family of consoles; 360->X1 or ps3->ps4. Jumping from Xbox to Playstation never worked (and doubt that's changed).

So if you didn't get much done before, you'll have a ton of content to play through. Most of it is outdated since they increased the light level, but still worth doing if you haven't experienced it.

Then again, if the rumors of a full character reset, come Destiny 2, are true then none of this matters. LoL.

Any fellow noobs getting into Destiny as a result of the Black Friday sales on the Collection? Looking for people to coop with (especially noobs like me), feel free to add on PSN. :)

Less than 22 hours until the PS4 Destiny 2 Beta is up. I'm intrigued and ready to jump back in after taking a nice break. Is anyone else kind of excited to check out the beta tomorrow?

I played it for about an hour last night, feels pretty much the same as Destiny 1. Glad I cancelled my preorder, my backlog is too big for a game I'm not that excited about AND that I was burned by first time around.

destiny 1.5

its just another expansion and the only reason they are calling it a sequel is to grab another 20 bucks from suckers.

^^^

Definitely disagree.  Graphics have an overhaul, New planets, new strikes, rebooted main protagonist, major story developments, overhaul of upgrade mechanics and subclasses, etc. etc.  I dunno, I hear a lot of cries of Destiny 1.5 but don't you want it to "feel" like Destiny?  what can they do to make it feel like a full fledge sequel?

bread's done
Back