Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Yeah most of the games we played were super campy. Now that only sidearms spawn with special it seemed like a lot of games just turned into camping and waiting for special and camping some more. A few teams tried rushing with sidearms or invective, but mostly it was just camp battles.

Lol just watched it again. Not sure why I left me running for special at the end of one round in. I also cut one too short. The vortex I dropped in the heavy round clip when I got revived while switching gear got a post mortem that made it a tie.

Anyone think the special weapon ammo change is kind of dumb in the current state?  It shouldn't carry over and the ammo boxes should be in neutral areas in the middle of the maps...  Heavy Ammo should spawn from one box in the absolute middle.

I like the change in theory because it does make some game modes a little better since it's just not snipe or be sniped at the beginning of every match. But it does make things a lot campier. 

Anyone willing to help me out on the Hard raid? I've done Normal KF dozens of times, but it's at the point where I can't get past my current lvl of 309 without getting Hard Mode gear.

My trials DoP dropped with Rodeo... not bad really. I'll try to get my other toons thru, to see what kind of roll they'll get.

Otherwise, I'm ready for next week's Iron Doctrine

Anyone willing to help me out on the Hard raid? I've done Normal KF dozens of times, but it's at the point where I can't get past my current lvl of 309 without getting Hard Mode gear.
Sounds like what you really need are challenge mode completions for those guaranteed light-level drops.

My clan's willing to help. We got a couple other Cag's plus others that have become solid teammates.

And lately, we've had times where we need to get a 6th (sometimes a 5th too) since our schedules don't line up.

We try to shoot for a 10:30 est/7:30 pst start, for the most part. The night can vary, depending on whose online.

If you want, add me and we'll go from there.

PSN=wiidaloser

My trials DoP dropped with Rodeo... not bad really. I'll try to get my other toons thru, to see what kind of roll they'll get.

Otherwise, I'm ready for next week's Iron Doctrine

Sounds like what you really need are challenge mode completions for those guaranteed light-level drops.

My clan's willing to help. We got a couple other Cag's plus others that have become solid teammates.

And lately, we've had times where we need to get a 6th (sometimes a 5th too) since our schedules don't line up.

We try to shoot for a 10:30 est/7:30 pst start, for the most part. The night can vary, depending on whose online.

If you want, add me and we'll go from there.

PSN=wiidaloser
Are you on PS3 or PS4? I play on PS4. And as for high level drops, I've done the Warpriest challenge twice, the Golgoroth once and Oryx once and the only thing I've gotten worth noting was a 313 Harrowed Rocket Launcher from WP on hard. the other 3 times were on normal and I just kept getting 310 chest pieces or arm gear when I already have 310 chest and arm gear...

PS4

That 313 RL was a regular hard RNG drop.  Either someone on the team screwed up the challenge requirement or you weren't going for the challenge yet.

Completing the challenge mode on hard, will get you a guaranteed 320 item.

WP=320 rocket launcher or HMG or Sniper

Gogo=320 chest or arms or legs

Oryx=320 helmet or primary or something else

RNG is still a B-yotch, but those guaranteed drops make things much more tolerable.

It's why we try to pass the challenge checkpoint around once we reach it and do our alt runs from that checkpoint forward.

I'll help you if you want. I am usually on late at night though because I'm in Guam and we are like 16 hours ahead of the states. So my evenings=early morning for you guys. PSN j-squared77

I didnt realize we had two clans with cags...
It sorta just happened.

This was back when we were trying to join the CAG clan but no one was approving entry anymore. Played with one CAG who was already friends with another and it went from there.

Think the biggest difference was the time when we were grouping up vs the time when other cags were playing.

Our clan doesn't have CAG in the name, so it must not have been the same one. Ours is called "Dance Guardian Dance" and is run by The7thNumber.

I guess I "quit" by 7thNumber standards. It's been maybe 3 days since I played Destiny, but I have been playing that ultra-hard roguelike death simulator called Fallout 4 on the PS4.

jxbews.jpg

also RIP destiny...wtf is bungie doing...they were supposed to keep me busy for 10 years.

Yeah, there's tumbleweeds blowing through the Xbox One thread as well.  There have been lulls in the past, but this is the first serious one.  I don't think I've played Destiny in several days, which is the first time I've done that since launch other than when I've been on trips.  And I'm not even playing The Division.  I hopped over to the PS4 to play Dragon Quest Heroes.  Now I remember that there was this thing called "other games" and I have quite a few of them to catch up on!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't logged in since the 3rd...2 full weeks :O
I've been Destiny free since the last day of the festival of the lost 11/09/15. I could get the Division, but after Destiny I really don't want to get into this sort of forever grinding game...they are time sinking holes :joystick:

I've been Destiny free since the last day of the festival of the lost 11/09/15. I could get the Division, but after Destiny I really don't want to get into this sort of forever grinding game...they are time sinking holes :joystick:
Exactly why I didn't get The Division even though my raid team all wanted to switch over to that.

But, but, but... you can't be 320 if you don't play. ;)
I grinded my way to 320 back in the day (didn't get my 320 ghost till week before crimson doubles thou). But at this point, anyone is probably better off waiting for the update a few weeks away that will make 320 insignificant.

Haha, no doubt.  320 is gonna be pointless once the new update drops.

I didn't hit 320 until this past week, when RNGeezy finally decided to give me a 320 class item.

Yup, on April 12 those of us still playing Destiny will be chasing 420(or whatever) light items. I would expect all Y2 stuff to be infusable up to whatever the new light level is, but 320 will likely be newb status in a month. I haven't kept up with all the PvP changes over the past few months, but it's still too sweaty all the time despite whatever bungie says they changed, maybe it's just cause all the casuals moved along to something interesting. Now that I grinded out all exotics (yes including all 9 faction class items) and most grimoire (except rumble and doubles), kind of bored. Since the April update is free for TTK owners, I suppose I'll try it out.

First deets of the update are out and overall I'd say it's good.  Can't help but feel like it's too little, too late though.

New strike-taken archon priest

New questline-Malok

Max light of 335

Level 41 PoE-gets you up to 320 and has matchmaking

Level 42 PoE-gets you up to 335, no Matchmaking

KF raid rewards getting upgrades

Normal gives 320 gear

Hard gives 330 gear

Court of Oryx-dropping 335 artifacts.

Pretty much. In destiny's defense, The Division got incredibly boring almost immediately after reaching the lvl 30 cap. Destiny had at least a little excitement from the grind, but I have no interest in grinding out the division for high0end gear the same way I get a thrill from exotics in Destiny

Pretty much wh what org said I too played division then hit 30 and went back to destiny. The dark zone is beyond shitty can't count how many times I was spawned killed because people are dicks

I'm getting so tired of the RNG loot drop systems in games. I ran the Nightfall 3x with a couple people I found on LFG and one guy got 310 exotic gear/weapon rewards all 3 times and me and the 3rd guy got nothing but 280ish purple gear every time. Waste of fucking time

I'm getting so tired of the RNG loot drop systems in games. I ran the Nightfall 3x with a couple people I found on LFG and one guy got 310 exotic gear/weapon rewards all 3 times and me and the 3rd guy got nothing but 280ish purple gear every time. Waste of fucking time
I have had the worst luck with my 3 of coins ran 8 strikes last night and no exotic drops what so ever.

But in two weeks that shit will be dope higher level purpz and higher level exotics...for like a week or maybe even 3 we will have new shit to get WOOP WOOP. Matt of course will only get 11 strange coins.

Only 1 day left before Destiny is relevant again....but for how long....
With the amount of time folks around here throw at it my guess is 2 weeks ~ 1 month tops. Which reminds me...holy fuck 7th:

The7thNumber

2988h - 665h deleted
Makes up 17 weeks 5 days 12 hours 40 minutes 48 seconds.

3 active and 43 deleted characters.
.... :drool:

With the amount of time folks around here throw at it my guess is 2 weeks ~ 1 month tops. Which reminds me...holy fuck 7th:

The7thNumber:

2988h - 665h deleted
Makes up 17 weeks 5 days 12 hours 40 minutes 48 seconds.

3 active and 43 deleted characters.
.... :drool:
I'll be back on to give the new content a go. I will likely get more out of it since my time is limited right now.

Including his deleted characters, 7th has more than tripled my playtime and I feel I played WAY too much of this game.

Im at:

1047h - 23h deleted

Makes up 6 weeks 1 day 15 hours 57 minutes 37 seconds.

Bravo(?), 7th.

bread's done
Back