Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

[quote name="jhill9056" post="12397537" timestamp="1420775771"]Fixes aren't coming until Tuesday. You still have time.[/quote]

Oh cool. I thought it was effective today. Il be doing that then later or tom. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh since the lamp section cant be soloed and no rewards for it then running that each week is pointless right? Might have to start saving checkpoints at the bridge and just restart the raid just to get the 1st chest.

Are you talking about after the fixes or have you not been running the lamp section because you thought it didn't give rewards? You have a chance at raid armor or mats for making it through the lamp section. That's not changing with the fixes. The only thing changing loot wise is that the first chest is only going to give mats and Ir Yut will now have a chance to drop all of the stuff that you can currently get from the first chest.

^ What's nice about the fix is that it looks like they essentially added another mat drop point. The first chest will still have them. They moved the exotics and class items to Ir Yut but also added armor and mats there. So if nothing else I'd imagine you get mats which is great. Now we can get 12-16 mats instead of 10-14 (my range for last week).

I never got anything good from that first chest anyway so I'm totally fine with that change. The bridge section is going to give a LOT of people trouble though ;). I wonder how many people have actually done that the intended way? I did it with my Raid group the very first few hours the Raid started up and it was a serious pain in the ass back then. Of course we were still figuring out the mechanics since we didn't even know about the sword, then the totems (which I'm sure some people still know nothing about), the one-at-a-time crossing, etc. Then again we were all level 30's back then since we did it before even having a chance to buy the new Vanguard gear. It ought to be considerably easier at 31-32.

If I convert all my radiant energy to shards I might be able to push a second character to 32. I'm seriously considering that given the cheese fixes. But then again, the patch may not be active first thing Tuesday at reset - sometimes, like with the change to add helm drops to Crota, they don't come until later in the day (which made me miss a couple chances that second or third week and I still haven't gotten one since).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but Xur is sucking wind... :shame:

(right side on catwalk)

titans-skullfort Dis104/112

hunters-Raspberry Int 149/160

warlocks-Starfire Int 144/155

weapon-Last word

No exotic engram

Heavy ammo is back!

upgrade lowlights: hunters lupi chest, /helm saint-14, Praxic Fire, suros, thorn, gjallarhorn, monte carlo

Looks like it's gonna just be heavy ammo for me this week

hate my net! crapped out again. Sorry for the team i was on with. Hope you found a replacement quickly. Anyway, sorry about not bringng a max primary. i actuallt just finished doing crota lamp and bridge sectionwithout swapung gear solo when i jumped into your raid party.

Are you talking about after the fixes or have you not been running the lamp section because you thought it didn't give rewards? You have a chance at raid armor or mats for making it through the lamp section. That's not changing with the fixes. The only thing changing loot wise is that the first chest is only going to give mats and Ir Yut will now have a chance to drop all of the stuff that you can currently get from the first chest.
I know the lamp section gave rewards, i thought after the patch theyll take it away and just put the drop on deathsinger. So its just the 1st chest at the atart thats being patched? Thats cool since i alrweady got all class armors from it anyway.

[quote name="aFrostyONE" post="12397905" timestamp="1420794991"]I'm sorry, but Xur is sucking wind... :shame:
(right side on catwalk)

titans-skullfort Dis104/112
hunters-Raspberry Int 149/160
warlocks-Starfire Int 144/155

weapon-Last word

No exotic engram
Heavy ammo is back!

upgrade lowlights: hunters lupi chest, /helm saint-14, Praxic Fire, suros, thorn, gjallarhorn, monte carlo

Looks like it's gonna just be heavy ammo for me this week[/quote]

I can finally get a skullfront. That helm has eluded me for the longest time. Exotic engrams kept on giving helms that i already have. So good to have new exotic helm for my titan. Also glad that that my limited coins will be saved for another week. Hoping for a better nightfall next week. I hate that mars strike. Takes too long just like the moon strike. Cant we just do venus and earth ones each week? Lol

I did nightfall and weekly last night on my titan because someone invited me instead of doing crotes with an lfg group again.

I got coins for both, but the two other dudes got exotic helms (one was a 27 we carried).

This is turning into a lame week for me. Xur doesnt have anything I need/want and I cant even take a gamble on an engram.

Guess I'll farm some glimmer and upgrade a couple exotic guns and get a couple exotic shards...

I saw that after the update the Vex will drop at the new higher level if anyone wants to do VOG on hard next week after the reset send me an invite if not I'll just do the ole lfg shuffle again.

After doing a no cheese crota run I'm not worried about the fixes, but I feel bad for all the solo cheesers.

Got one more Crota kill in last night and got Light of the Abyss.  Better than only getting mats, but still no helm.

Now I just need to find one last Crota group for this week, then I can see about finding a group for a Fatebringer run.

Is it just me or are raid groups getting harder to come by???

Maybe it's just because I'm not trying to bust them out right at reset.

Oh well... still gotta do the weekly's and NF's, so if you want to team up just message.

Just soloed the nightfall and got my second icebreaker... Meh.

I'm sure raid groups are going to be easier to find once you can't solo the first few parts.

As for the vex dropping at a higher level, has it be confirmed that the vex is getting a boost? From the posts over on reddit it doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure.

Lately this game is feeling like a weekly chore than being fun. Might have to take a break

I actually find it easier to find raids either on a friday night or monday night before reset and wee hours after reset. Its probably coz those are the times working people can/want to play destiny and finish something quick before the workday grind or no work saturday feeling

Got one more Crota kill in last night and got Light of the Abyss. Better than only getting mats, but still no helm.

Now I just need to find one last Crota group for this week, then I can see about finding a group for a Fatebringer run.

Is it just me or are raid groups getting harder to come by???

Maybe it's just because I'm not trying to bust them out right at reset.

Oh well... still gotta do the weekly's and NF's, so if you want to team up just message.
I still need to do everything this week sadly. If I'm online and anyone needs an extra guardian (all 3 at lvl 31) for anything I'm game.

I'm actually kind of glad Xur doesn't have anything great this week since my Strange Coin inventory is getting low. I'll probably just upgrade my 3rd Suros and call is good.

Not that I think the Iron Banner is too awful or anything, I actually like it better than the regular Crucible because of the added legendary weapon drops and the fact that upgraded weapons have more of an impact. I just wish Bungie offered more variety in these weekly events. More PvE events would be great. Also, was the Queen's Wrath a failure since it hasn't returned over the past 3 months? Ultimately, it would just be nice to have another weekly event to shuffle in besides the Iron Banner which always leaves one feeling extremely burnt out on PvP by the end.

Just soloed the nightfall and got my second icebreaker... Meh.

I'm sure raid groups are going to be easier to find once you can't solo the first few parts.

As for the vex dropping at a higher level, has it be confirmed that the vex is getting a boost? From the posts over on reddit it doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure.

Lately this game is feeling like a weekly chore than being fun. Might have to take a break
Haven't heard anything about Vex getting bumped up. It'd be nice.

But I think Bungie feels the last buff was enough for it.

I still need to do everything this week sadly. If I'm online and anyone needs an extra guardian (all 3 at lvl 31) for anything I'm game.

I'm actually kind of glad Xur doesn't have anything great this week since my Strange Coin inventory is getting low. I'll probably just upgrade my 3rd Suros and call is good.

Not that I think the Iron Banner is too awful or anything, I actually like it better than the regular Crucible because of the added legendary weapon drops and the fact that upgraded weapons have more of an impact. I just wish Bungie offered more variety in these weekly events. More PvE events would be great. Also, was the Queen's Wrath a failure since it hasn't returned over the past 3 months? Ultimately, it would just be nice to have another weekly event to shuffle in besides the Iron Banner which always leaves one feeling extremely burnt out on PvP by the end.
Yeah, all they ever said was that Queen's Wrath would need "more time in the oven" to improve it and that was all the way back when they were getting ready to release Iron Banner 2.0

Maybe they think Eris bounty's are good enough (they're not...)

I've been taking a bit of a Destiny break for the past few weeks (since before Christmas) but I might jump back on tonight to visit Xur. If I see you on maybe we can run the Weekly and Nightfall.

And why have they never run that Queen's stuff again? I was barely too low on level last time.

Vault of Glass – Updates
  • Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---01082015/en/News/News?aid=12483

read it here...vex is exotic so it follows that it would now be an upgraded version :)

also this made me lol "I’ll bet you noticed, even though you’ve been busily swinging that sword into poor Crota’s big shiny green mug between dainty bites of soft, warm cheese."

Wow, just tried LFG to do the nightfall, so one guy was a 31 but the other turned out to be a 28, and was a complete liability. We got to the boss but kept dying, and doing the quit and rejoin trick. But dude messed up and died, went to orbit as the team leader and i was done. No way i was going to take another shot at it again, not this soon.

If anyone wants to do the nightfall or weekly let me know, id like to do it asap. I would like to try to make a new character before the reset. LOL. I got to 20 in 9 and a half hours on my own.

Did the crotas end raid and got gloves that i had, but got the boots i needed, also got my 3rd black hammer.

Vault of Glass – Updates
  • Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---01082015/en/News/News?aid=12483

read it here...vex is exotic so it follows that it would now be an upgraded version :)

also this made me lol "I’ll bet you noticed, even though you’ve been busily swinging that sword into poor Crota’s big shiny green mug between dainty bites of soft, warm cheese."
Oh sure, I read that. But they sorta treat Vex like it's own thing.

I sure won't mind seeing a boosted Vex, if it happens. Should mean that Xur will have that as an upgradeable option

That would be cool if you can get the upgraded Vex now; however, that will mean I am back to tackling Atheon once a week again. It is pretty trivial to defeat him at this point, though.

Honestly, since the vex was boosted pre-dlc I'll be surprised if it gets an upgrade. If it did i'm sure bungie would have specifically mentioned it.

I saw you doing the Nightfall, went t check my gear w/ the intention of jumping in, and when I looked again you were on VoG. So I jumped into a Daily w/ someone else as they were finishing and got some shards... 

[quote name="The 7th Number" post="12399216" timestamp="1420845105"]Thanks but Jimmy helped me out and i ended up getting shards LOL. But im making a new character so by tomorrow ill want to do it again. :)[/quote]

Man, you are creating characters every other day now? Sheesh! Dont you get bored doing the story missions all over again? Once i was done doing my 1st set of chars, i said to myself that i wont ever redo my char again. That was a pain. Lol

Man, you are creating characters every other day now? Sheesh! Dont you get bored doing the story missions all over again? Once i was done doing my 1st set of chars, i said to myself that i wont ever redo my char again. That was a pain. Lol
This week i will have made 3 new characters lol. There really isnt much for me to do after tuesday (CE raid, weekly, nightfall). So i wouldnt really be doing anything much anyway, ROC strikes maybe, or some bounties. Making a new character and being able to re-do the CE raid, nightfall, and weekly are more rewarding.... usually. lol I guess that hope to get something i need from the raid or nightfall pushes me through it. Its not really that boring, most bounties are making me replay missions over anyway, so its not that different.

When you put it like that, it makes me think I'm playing wrong :lol: .

Think of all the cheese I could have devoured this past month (or at least 2 weeks worth anyway).   Mmmm, crota cheeese.... :drool:

Though, I could see it easily taking me 2 nights just to level up.  So at best 2 new toons per week.

I don't even know why I get excited for Xur anymore. The only weapons I don't have at least the 300 version of are the 3 exclusives and Red Death. Outside of the bounty weapons the only one of my exotic weapons that is not 331 is my Plan C which I will upgrade tomorrow. Of the bounty weapons I have the 331 version of Thorn and SGA and I am at the last step for Pocket Infinity. I hadn't really thought about it until today, but Red Death is the only weapon Xur can sell that I need.

Armor wise it is not much different. The only pieces I don't have are Obsidian Mind, Saint 14, and Radiant Dance Machines. I don't have quite as many 36 light pieces as I do 331 weapons, but I have upgraded versions of all of the ones that I like using.

Now that I have actually gone through and looked at all of the exotics I have it seems that the odds of Xur bringing me something I need are pretty low.

hate my net! crapped out again. Sorry for the team i was on with. Hope you found a replacement quickly. Anyway, sorry about not bringng a max primary. i actuallt just finished doing crota lamp and bridge sectionwithout swapung gear solo when i jumped into your raid party.
No worries, we thought you left because we were wiping so much :)

Played my very first raid yesterday, didn't know what to do so I died a lot but the guys from LFG were kind enough guiding me till Crota (got arms and boots for Titan though) where we tried the disconnecting trick and it worked, Crota after his shield was down staying on his knees, then we got the first sword, hit him hard enough and after that mistakes happened and we failed every other tries, group ended up disbanded :(

Woop!

Did the 1st chest cheese on Crota and, I need to check the official records, but I'm pretty sure I'm the last person to get and Icebreaker.

Congrats to me!

I think that more than makes up for the last time I did it and got the damn Musket (No Land Beyond).

Got the Titan Class item on my other character, so I'd consider that a successful last (?) 1st chest cheese.

Woop!

Did a non cheese run again last night with lfg and got a mats and boots I already have with worse stats. I'm striking out this week on everything. I hope I can get to 32 before they become so common you cant get on a team unless you are 32 :p

One more nightfall to do and then its bounty time.

[quote name="totallyjem" post="12400317" timestamp="1420905240"]Did a non cheese run again last night with lfg and got a mats and boots I already have with worse stats. I'm striking out this week on everything. I hope I can get to 32 before they become so common you cant get on a team unless you are 32 :p

One more nightfall to do and then its bounty time.[/quote]

I dont think people will try and seek lvl 32 groups in CE normal this early. With the new patch coming to fix cheeses, itl take a while for most people to reach 32 to even consider that. I can see CE hard lfg will do that after a month or 2 but not normal.

I dont think looking for group in VOG normal ever require you to be lvl 30 to join. People who put that as a requirements in LFG before the DLC are usually the entitled individuals, super noobs who got rng lucky, and pricks anyway so i dont bother joining them.

just did one crota checkpoint run with my lock with randoms at destinylfg.net. we did it in the 1st try. no wipes and all. that was really a breathe of fresh air. didn't get any armor but i got another raid weapon i didn't have yet. I'm only missing light of abyss now.

i then tried doing VOG with randoms and unfortunately the group i joined were a group of holiday noobs i supposed (and i think 3 of them were like 12-15 years olds. lvl 30s with no max weapons. had to leave after the 6th wipe since i only had a little time to play this morning and didn't want to waste more time to a lost cause if i may be frank.

i don't think il be able to do NF and Weeklies this week. i hate the mars strike. takes too long all the time. I'm fine with leveling up raid gears and weapons i got throughout the week even though i don't have the additional exp perk.

so anyone got extra husk of pits since you got your 1st one? never got anymore after my 1st lucky drop. I'm asking coz it seems like everyday a sword bounty is available from eris. hehe

so anyone got extra husk of pits since you got your 1st one? never got anymore after my 1st lucky drop. I'm asking coz it seems like everyday a sword bounty is available from eris. hehe
I've gotten 4. Only one has come from the Fist Of Crota mission.

[quote name="ArJay2k8" post="12400709" timestamp="1420919608"]I've gotten 4. Only one has come from the Fist Of Crota mission.[/quote]

Wish i can get 2 more so all my char can have one of the exotic gun in the future. Hehe!

Funny you bring this up. I've gone this whole time w/out one even though I'm always running Fist for those Eris bounties.

And in 12 hours I ended up with two.

Got the first one in Rocketyard yesterday morning. Got the 2nd one last night in Fist.

Actually, last night was pretty good to me.

Finished the last Crota kill this week, with my Warlock and got the helm and shotgun (now have the full raid set on the 'lock).

Did NF on the same toon and got better Sunbreakers than the ones Xur gave me.

Turned in my bounties and got two exotic bounties; my 4th Pocket Infinity and 3rd Bad Juju

Speaking of which, anyone else seeing an uptick in exotic bounties since the DLC release???

I've gotten: 3 thorn, 2 Bad Juju, 2 Invective and 2 Pocket Infinity.

And this is just in the month since the DLC release (I was sitting on another Pocket Infinity waiting for the upgraded version). All spread out across my 3 toons.

i don't think il be able to do NF and Weeklies this week. i hate the mars strike. takes too long all the time. I'm fine with leveling up raid gears and weapons i got throughout the week even though i don't have the additional exp perk.

I still have a few more NF and Weeklies to do. Mainly to fulfill the requirement of two exotic bounties I'm working on. So if you're on and have time just PM me and we can tackle one or two.

Langdon joined me for a nightfall which helped a ton, thanks! I ended up with the exotic sniper No Man's Land (bleh) and he got the legendary Up For Anything (which is kind of the new Shadow Price from the Vanguard, I really like that weapon).

I've gotten 4. Only one has come from the Fist Of Crota mission.
Same. I've had 4 of them drop for me as well and have upgraded 3 of them, one for each guardian. I don't love or hate the Eidolon Ally but I rarely seem to use it. Has anyone broken one down and do you get any energy from it?

If anyone in the cagcast clan can help me get the clan strike trophy i'm heading on (PS4: raarar)

no mic though because my daughter is sleeping.

Did nightfall and got a legendary rocket launcher that I've had several times already and broken down as many times. I'd rather have had the dang coins. Rocket launchers that hold ONE rocket are stupid.

My last try at the first exotic chest in CE (since they are switching it with a check point starting Tuesday). Got the Red Death from it, first exotic I have seen from that chest.

I've seen others in my fire team get good stuff from the pit chest, but it's been all radiant materials for me. So yeah, nothing will be changing in that respect.

Matt Young said:
I've seen others in my fire team get good stuff from the pit chest, but it's been all radiant materials for me. So yeah, nothing will be changing in that respect.
I've hit that chest 15 times now and I've gotten 2 class items and 2 exotics, both of which I already had and never use anyway (Plan C and Hard Light).

So I'm certainly glad for the patch change because it adds another drop point for mats which I am severely lacking right now. We still get mats from that chest which is all I ever got of value out of it anyway. Plus now we get the exotic/class item chance at Deathsingers PLUS an added armor chance. At worst we get more much-needed mats.

The only question is will the patch come before the reset or later in the day Tuesday? If it comes later, it would be best to run each character up until the Deathsinger so there is still the exotic chance at the first chest and then maybe you'd get another chance post-patch at Deathsinger. That would be awesome and would make up for the late helm patch in week 2 that came after I had already killed Crota 2 times (the first week and 12 hours past the second reset there were no helm drops from Crota). I still haven't gotten a single helm.

Il try and be up on reset time and hope the patch wont be live until later that day so maybe i can do one last cheese on the lamp and bridge section. Hehe

Gonna be on clearing out some things. But if anyone feels like doing a Nightfall, just message me

So today was the day i got to do all the good stuff with my newest warlock.

VOG Gorgon chest = Shards

CE Raid = Energy, Shards, 4th Black Hammer, Emblem, Shader

Nightfall = Crusader I legendary scout rifle

Now that crotas end wont be able to be done solo, there really isnt much motivation to make new characters. So i think im done for now. Plus im happy with the way my character looks. Just run the stuff once a week with each of my three characters and be done with it. Im pretty close to getting all 3 characters to 32 anyway. My titan needs raid boots or helmet to get to 32, Warlock needs chest or helmet, Hunter is already 32 but needs the helmet. Ive beaten crota at least 20 times now and still 0 helmets. Seems like everyone i play with has at least one CE raid helmet. I also tried this week twice to get fatebringer and still none. Really wish i could get that gun. But the raid decides to give it to people who already have one. 

Xur was a let down. All i ended up doing was leveling up my Mida Multi-tool. Im starting to think that he will never sell the Obsidian Mind, just like he never sells the Praxic Fire chest. If xur was going to sell a weapon i wish it was ice breaker so i could buy a 3rd one and have one on each character. The Monte Carlo is the only exotic gun i dont have now, so i wouldnt mind if he sold that.

I just finished leveling up my montecarlo I like it more than I thought I would when using it with a throwing knife hunter. I only have two guys and my titan needs a helmet or chest and my hunter needs everything except gauntlets. I have not done the raid as many times as you guys and I've never solo'd anything but the first chest. I also never made any extra guys to do stuff again. I just figure I'll get there eventually and if not the next dlc will make it so I can buy level 32 from the vanguard...I never got all the vog armor either, but was lucky with the guns. 

Man I'm jealous of you guys. I still need to do VoG and Crota's End. I think j the only gun I want to get right now is the Fatebringer and Thorn.

Wow, just did a roc strike. Random guy got Plan C exotic, totallyjem got the No Land Beyond exotic, i got a blue helmet. :/

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/554418310008143872

bread's done
Back