Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Was just thinking about the raid challenges. Warpriest gave a 320 artifact + 320 heavy/special weapon. So golgoroth usually gives armor as drops, can i assume that we will get a 320 armor piece. Can i also assume beating the Oryx challenge will drop a primary weapon or helmet thats 320? I really hope so. I also hope that all three give artifacts, in case you dont like the stats the other ones had. Either that or a 320 ghost or 320 class item. But its kind of hard to upgrade a 310 artifact to 320 considering there are none inbetween at the moment. And if i used a 320 to infuse a 310 it would probably land at 318.
I hope each challenge has a different loot table so that you can get all the slots to 320. For example, if puddle boy drops a 320 ghost shell and 320 chest/legs, sisters perhaps drop class item and gauntlet (both armor is unlikely I know), while Eris' ex-husband drops a 320 primary and 320 helmet.

In a month when it's presumably the priest again, you would be able to get another pile of 3x 320 artifacts, and then you can upgrade your 310's all the way with drops from both challenges (or multiple chars).

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the third challenge isn't Oryx, but it's Daughters instead? 

Can't really think of a good challenge for Oryx other than requiring multiple relic holders. Maybe kill him in 4 phases? Have no bombs get taken away? Detonate all bombs? Any of those could work, I guess.

Same goes for Daughters though, not really sure what they would think of. Maybe require you to kill them and not leave the first alive like some groups do.

Bungie really needs to show something or just tell us hey we have other expansions/content planned. PSX is this weekend and they'll be there...for what? To show us all of the stuff we've already seen? Give me a 15 second teaser that says "Cabal Raid!!!!!1111!11!1!!" 

Two clues why I don't think daughters will be the 3rd challenge:

-Three of Coins doesn't work on them

-there's a raid emblem with Oryx's silhouette (as pointed out to me by a clanmate), which would make sense as a reward for Oryx Challenge mode.

Regardless of the checkpoint, it can't come soon enough.  I am sooo damn annoyed with this loot system.  I've made more light level progress since this last Iron Banner (due to the high armor/ghost drops) and the Warpriest challenge than I had prior to that.  I'm tired of getting hard raid gear that's lower level than my current gear.

I think, if I can help it, I'm just gonna run the raid thru the weekly challenge and stop.  Just have to swap the checkpoint between toons and knock out 3 challenges in a row.  The rest of the raid can fuck 'n rot for all I care.  It's not worth the hassle to end up with another 311 piece of gear.

Yeah I'm right there with you. I'll probably just be doing the challenges too for future weeks. I've killed Oryx so many times it seems and this week was the first week I got an actual drop from him. I got the normal scout and the hard pulse. Still no god damn helmet on any character.

I think, if I can help it, I'm just gonna run the raid thru the weekly challenge and stop. Just have to swap the checkpoint between toons and knock out 3 challenges in a row. The rest of the raid can fuck 'n rot for all I care. It's not worth the hassle to end up with another 311 piece of gear.
Or like I got from Sisters yesterday: a 300 shotgun and 308 class item. WTF!?

I still want to run Oryx (this week), though, since I have yet to get a hard mode helmet.

So I received my hard drive yesterday and spent the night backing up my old hard drive, installing the new 2TB hard drive, and then restoring everything to the new hard drive. All in all restoring and backing up took 4 hours each, 8 hours total. And pysically switching out the hard drive took me like 20 minutes since I was being cautious.

Very happy with so much more space. My old hard drive was maxed out.

Sparrow Racing League announced for Destiny! Free for anyone that owns TTK and it starts December 8th.

:whee:

From Playstation Experience:

Sparrow Racing coming Dec 8th.

Next Iron Banner brings new set of armor.
I didn't get a single IB helmet from the last IB. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get that Titan helmet. Hopefully it will drop the "old" IB stuff as well as the new stuff.

FF7 probably coming out tomorrow, so Destiny really needs something new or else my time will be taken by an old love.
In case you bought it, if you click in the thumb sticks, there are cheats that activate.

R3 = instant limit breaks & infinite HP/MP

L3 = 3x speed

R3 + L3 = No encounters

As far as I know they do not disable trophies.

so ff7 remaster for ps4 is out, but the remake isnt? I'm confused about why I should buy ff7 and not play it another time before the remake LOL

so ff7 remaster for ps4 is out, but the remake isnt? I'm confused about why I should buy ff7 and not play it another time before the remake LOL
Have you seen the videos for the remake? It's not going to be the same game. Basically they're keeping the core story in tact and looks like they'll be changing everything else. Remake would be out probably in 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original's launch.

I grabbed the port and it's cool so far. Same game I loved when I grew up so I'm happy with it for the $11 I spent.

Last thing I need is another RPG, but it's so tempting at $11 for this week. The PS3 digital version was the first game I bought and downloaded on that system, but my progress was wiped when I had to send my system in for repairs soon after. This version is slightly improved and has trophies... hmm.

SPARROW RACING?

MY TIME HAS COME.

tumblr_mj9sjk36w41qlzjnpo1_500.gif

Spam incoming. Hardly play trials anymore but played a few games this weekend. Had some awesome moments in pvp last night. Heres some highlights. First video was an awesome clutch moment and was funny. Third video is really long and had a slow start but I made a huge comeback. :D

http://youtu.be/6MI2BseOfaA

http://youtu.be/MlK_w6pxWXM

http://youtu.be/UhqHzs_Sc4g

http://youtu.be/EsU0lFnhg1I

Regarding the 3rd vid. Rewatching it was not as cool I guess. It seemed like I played better but I did play really cautious because my teammates were idiots and heavy in skirmish is the worst thing ever. I would love it if heavy was just removed from the game. It ruins the flow of the game. I will always try to rush heavy so that no one gets it and when I can I try not to use it but will when I have to.

So since the SRL update my sparrow has been really slow. Only way to fix this is to swap the L1 and L2 buttons in controls then i can drive my sparrow like i did before the patch. I never had any issues until after the patch. This is what im dealing with. Its really frustrating in patrol or missions though because im not going to change my controls where i aim and shoot with L1+R1 just to make up for this glitch. The problem is probably that my controller doesnt press 100% down on the L2 trigger, but it worked before the update, so bungie could change it back if they wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGZhDL0xHM

So since the SRL update my sparrow has been really slow. Only way to fix this is to swap the L1 and L2 buttons in controls then i can drive my sparrow like i did before the patch. I never had any issues until after the patch. This is what im dealing with. Its really frustrating in patrol or missions though because im not going to change my controls where i aim and shoot with L1+R1 just to make up for this glitch. The problem is probably that my controller doesnt press 100% down on the L2 trigger, but it worked before the update, so bungie could change it back if they wanted.
I heard that 'hair triggers' installed to controllers was the source of the issue, but not sure if that applies to you or not.

That said, my sparrow SEEMS to be fine.

Got 2 GoGo challenges done last night...

Hunter-got a 320 chest and another 320 artifact.  Chest was a bad roll so I infused it into my alpha lupi chest piece.  Artifact isn't better either so that will eventually get infused into something else.

Titan-got 320 boots and 320 artifact. Boots are just as bad as my current ones but I'll be wearing them since these are 320 and they do help while running relic.  Artifact was a bad roll too so I'll infuse it eventually.

Moved on and finished the raid for each and got screwed on the drops.  Nothing better than my current gear. 

Still fuck 'g waiting for that first hard-raid helmet :wall: .  Oryx challenge mode can't come soon enough.

I heard that 'hair triggers' installed to controllers was the source of the issue, but not sure if that applies to you or not.

That said, my sparrow SEEMS to be fine.
Thats what everyone says. Im trying to spread the word on reddit but it gets voted down or no one cares. I use the standard PS4 controller, no hair triggers or anything special. I think they must have added some pressure to the trigger, so you dont always go either 0% or 100% gas. So now my controller cant press 100% gas so thats why im slowing down. Its really frustrating. People say just buy a new controller, but it was fine before the SRL patch.

Finished my 3rd GoGo run (warlock) and got 320 boots.  A bit disappointed since I already had 320 Iron Banner boots.  The artifact was a good roll though, definite keeper.

Also got the refer-a-friend quest done.  The tron sparrow isn't as "tronnie" as I would have liked, especially when compared to some of the sparrows available from SRL, but still cool.  And it may just be me, but I swear it handles turns better than some of my other sparrows.

My derpa didn't do too bad with his leveling.  He used the spark to hit 25 (after we linked) and from that moment forward, it took him about a week to reach 40 with a light level of 280+

If I can find the group I'll help him with a normal raid run; guaranteed 310 gear from GoGo should get him to 300.

Today i was playing SRL and i won the race which put me over rank 3 and ended up with a 320 helmet as a reward. LOL. The best part of these racing helmets is the fact that most of them have the revive gives more super, and some have picking up orbs give health or shield. So they will be good also in pvp or even pve. and i think they are NOT class specific, i could be wrong. Im kind of curious though if you can get a 320 class item. Thats one thing all my characters really need. Too bad the arms, chest, and legs dont drop with defense though.

Today i was playing SRL and i won the race which put me over rank 3 and ended up with a 320 helmet as a reward. LOL. The best part of these racing helmets is the fact that most of them have the revive gives more super, and some have picking up orbs give health or shield. So they will be good also in pvp or even pve. and i think they are NOT class specific, i could be wrong. Im kind of curious though if you can get a 320 class item. Thats one thing all my characters really need. Too bad the arms, chest, and legs dont drop with defense though.
I'm pretty sure helmets and class items are class specific, but all the other SRL gear is not.

So, $30 for a game that you can then pay $30 to skip to level 25? (So that you can pay $10 to Carleton Dance?)

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!
People on Reddit are losing their shit about this for some reason. Like Bungie forced them to buy it and took away everything else in the game until they did.

I be jumping back in to Destiny this week after leaving it behind prior to the first two expansions. How's the community and gameplay for a returning  Guardian?

Nightfalls were a bust. Got a ghost shell, and some legendary scout rifle. I did get a knucklehead radar but pfft. Stotch got a cool racing package that had a legendary sparrow in it. Im jealous!

I left before the first expansion and I'm just now coming back to the game. Are my exotics useless or is there a way to upgrade them?
They're for the most part useless. If you have an old exotic that they created a year 2 version of you will be able to buy the new version from a kiosk, but the old ones themselves are useless outside of regular crucible and lower level PvE stuff.

Beat the oryx challenge 3 times and got 2 primary weapon 320s and 1 helmet 320, which im happy about because i already have 2 helmets of 320 from SRL i can infuse into other helmets. Primaries are harder to get, but now i dont know which weapons to infuse the 320s into.

Also got a 1000 yard stare today from a blue engram with hidden hand but it had to have ambush sight and no shortgaze. I know a lot of people like ambush but that sight actually is -10 for aim assist so it hurts me more than helps. So i dont know if i should keep it or not.

Hello I just going start to play again, first time on the taken king dlc, what should I do first? Thanks
Join the clan, and accept my refer a friend link https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-H3K-6VA-9ML

Also, don't trust that jhill guy.

But seriously, play through the story missions, get to level 40 as quick as possible. Collect calcified fragments on one of you characters. Get the Touch of Malice. Hop into the normal raid with randoms from LFG when you reach 290 light.

The first thing you should do is ignore his refer a friend request and find someone better. After that I would say just do all of the new story missions and finish the new quest lines. That will get you a few pieces of gear and marks to buy some more. Then you would probably be best off running strikes for gear to get your light level high enough to raid. They also have a sparrow racing event going on right now which could give you some nice rewards if you have time to grind it a little.

I'd like to help people get to the lighthouse but year two feels more difficult and my main pvp friends pretty much quit destiny. So it's difficult to get to the lighthouse without one friend to help.

Even I pretty much stopped going to the lighthouse. Don't play trials much at all. I've been lone wolfing crucible trying to get to 100,000 kills. That is when I'm not playing Guitar Hero Live or my X1. Been playing a ton of sunset overdrive and I have quite a bit of X1 games i want to catch up on.

^ Yep, this. I don't know when it happened but I feel like it is all sniping now in both Trials and regular crucible. It has only gotten worse with the shotgun nerfs. I feel like they should have kept shotguns where they were because it was still heavily tilted towards sniping before the latest patch.

Nightfalls were a bust. Got a ghost shell, and some legendary scout rifle. I did get a knucklehead radar but pfft. Stotch got a cool racing package that had a legendary sparrow in it. Im jealous!
From the Nightfall!? Damn, I'm doing those 3x every week now.

Anyone else have Bungie bug/lag issues with the Oryx challenge? I cleared it twice last night but really we made at least 8 flawless runs only to have him pop up with (just over) a sliver of health because something didn't count even though all 4 bombs were stacked up and we saw everyone's name pop 4 times each. It's like Crota and the disappearing sword all over again.

bread's done
Back