Detroit-area HV/GameCrazy Closing-40% off

GrafixGuerilla

CAGiversary!
Hollywood Video is closing some of its under-performing stores in the Detroit -area. My store in Southfield, MI (12 Mile & Southfield) has dropped prices on remaining stock to 40%! Not sure how many more days they will remain open.

Remaining stock includes:
Used Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Xbox, PS2, PSP, and DS games and accessories.
New games for Xbox, PS2, PC and handhelds.

I just picked up Jeanne D'Arc (PSP-new) and D&D: Tactics (PSP-used) for $14.99 each.
I even walked out with a free Turok stand-up display!

Check your local GameCrazy stores.

Ive been to that one a few times. Reall easy to miss near that busy intersection. I checked my local GC in Romeo and their stock just dropped but they say they arent closing. Hmmm.

[quote name='Jayxdirect']Nice, do you know about how many are closing down? Or was the only "under performing" one?[/QUOTE]

Not sure.

I stopped by another Hollywood Video that actually had all their rental HD-DVDs (didn't know they rented them) on sale for $14.99 ea. or 2 for $20. During my visit there, the gave me a movie/game brochure with a coupon for "Buy One ($14.99+ movie), Get One Free." So it's actually 2 for $14.99!

I would check any of the Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy stores. There are three in Dallas, TX that have closed down, and more are on the way. Apparently Movie Gallery (people that bought Hollywood V.) has been struggling to compete with Blockbuster, and as a result are closing many of the stores that are in direct competition with a nearby Blockbuster.

I only go to three Game Crazy stores and two of them are closing. The Southfield store is, I believe, in it's last week and the Warren store is now closed down. The Warren location was at 70% off last week. I'm sure the Southfield location will be at 70% off by the weekend, if it isn't already. The Clinton TWP store will be the only local GC left for me.:cry:

The westland store on warren and wayne rd is closing too.. saw some dreamcast, playstation and N64 games there.

bread's done
Back