Deus Ex Missing Link DLC Pricing Error 9.99

nickawesome

CAGiversary!
The Playstation Store just updated and the DLC is 5 dollars cheaper on the PSN than Xbox Live. For anyone that thought 15 was a bit steep, take advantage of this before they switch it back

I can confirm that the price is $9.99. Get it while it's hot! There seems to be a pricing error on the Tactical Enchancement pack as well however it is more expensive at $14.49 it should be $1.99 so I would hold for them to correct that price.

Yeah, it seems like they just messed up the update and will probably fix the pricing error soon. They probably meant to price that pack for a lot less and added a 1. I was going to wait to pick up the DLC at 15 but I liked the game so much that I don't mind paying 10 for it.

Just a heads up, the DLC is under 5 hours in length and well is basically a extra mission that ties up one part of the game. Fun as hell but it's still an extra mission that I bet in a day.

[quote name='CoruptAI125']Gamestop has digital codes for PSN but I've never used it before so I cant vouch for how fast it is.[/QUOTE]

bought $20 at gamestop but still waiting after an hour to get the damn code, I guess it isn't so instant, hope I get it before the price goes back to 14.99, looks like every else has it for that price.

Is it really that hard to enter your credit card info onto PSN, add $10 in funds, and then remove your information afterward? If you're so paranoid about leaving your credit card info with an online store.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']$10 should be the normal price. $15 DLC is quite expensive imho.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. For 15 dollars, I expected a whole new hub for exploration. I sincerely hope no fellow CAGers end up buying the Amazon preorder bonuses for 14.49 as well

[quote name='nickawesome']I totally agree with this. For 15 dollars, I expected a whole new hub for exploration. I sincerely hope no fellow CAGers end up buying the Amazon preorder bonuses for 14.49 as well[/QUOTE]
i sold the one mine came with for $10. i was like, "man i shoulda got $12, lol."

Still active, just picked it up, downloading now.

When I read that it was $15, I groaned, because I only had $10 in PSN funds. But this worked out just fine. Thanks OP!

technically they can't update the price unless the do another store update? strange things going on yesterday, what 1 title added and it didn't appear that Costume Quest was free anymore...I hope everyone who is PS+ that wanted it, grabbed it..

[quote name='nickawesome']I totally agree with this. For 15 dollars, I expected a whole new hub for exploration. I sincerely hope no fellow CAGers end up buying the Amazon preorder bonuses for 14.49 as well[/QUOTE]

I did sell that pre order bonus for 13 bucks. I also bought the game nearly 2 months after it came out and that bonus had no value to me. seriously it was just some credits and a shotgun.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah because people who disagree with you are stupid![/QUOTE]
Maybe if people stopped lapping these up we'd see proper expansions again or *gasp* have this stuff included on the disc free of charge!

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe if people stopped lapping these up we'd see proper expansions again or *gasp* have this stuff included on the disc free of charge![/QUOTE]

:applause: Oh the good old days!:cry:

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe if people stopped lapping these up we'd see proper expansions again or *gasp* have this stuff included on the disc free of charge![/QUOTE]

And then you'll complain when a game gets delayed and pushed back six months to a year from it's original date. DLC is a thing now, and every game is going to have it from here one, so we might as well get used to it. And yes, $10 is a good price considering it was supposed to be $15, and most large content DLC packages start at $15...or $20 if it's a bigger game.

[quote name='captaintek3304']And then you'll complain when a game gets delayed and pushed back six months to a year from it's original date.[/QUOTE]
I have never once complained about a delay. Disappointment maybe, but I tell you what: my biggest complaint for games these days is them NOT being delayed when they should have. Dead Island is a prime recent example.

Just found out that this isn't a pricing error. PSN got hacked again and this is a ploy to get kore CC info from people trying to get this "mistake".

lol just joking

Sure, except that the point for that to happen would have been several years ago.

[quote name='brother bendu']:applause: Oh the good old days!:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean. I'll hold off on a game until the game of the year edition comes out, or if it becomes cheaper. DLC is annoying so I rarely buy it. I think more companies should do the Rockstar Game Pass where the DLC is discounted.

In the end, it's just wishful thinking that developers will ever move back to actually giving us free extras and true expansion packs because games are now so expensive to make. So it just comes down to how much extra the consumer is willing to pay for new content. One thing that I would hope that developers move more towards is price reductions for DLC after they have been out for a certain time that are not just temporary sale prices. I think that is a more realistic and practical goal.

I was shocked when I saw the DLC was $15 on the 360. I wasn't even willing to pay $10 and was going to wait for a sale. Now that $10 will likely be the "sale" price, I'm not sure I'll ever pick this up. I don't own the PS3 version, but even with the pricing error I would pass.

Definitely waiting on a DOTW with The Missing Link 360. I was patient with all of the ME2 DLC and got everything on sale.

bread's done
Back