Devil's Third (Wii U) in-stock GameStop / Amazon - $59.99

Agree. I don't understand all the hate for this game. Its single player is no worse than most 6/10 games which is what I would rate it at. The multiplayer is 9/10 period! It has its technical issues since the game was in development hell and it shows, but it's very clear to see the developer's ambition of making something different than your average shooter and he mostly succeeded. I haven't stopped playing this game since day one online and don't plan to any time soon. I will also play the supposedly better performance PC version when it comes. In fact, I sold my Splatoon because of this game, knowing I will never have the time to play it again even though it's a more technically refined game. For online gameplay, DT is way more fun after you finish story mode, collect all war trophies, and play time attack to get golden eggs for multiplayer and sink in 10+ hours online.
I ordered it from Amazon and can't wait to try online. I don't care what critics and people who have never played it say, it looks fun so I bought it. I hope enough people buy it to have a robust online community. It will be a good change of pace from the typical PG games Nintendo offers. I am definitely not selling Splatoon though, I love that game it's so addicting.

I ordered it from Amazon and can't wait to try online. I don't care what critics and people who have never played it say, it looks fun so I bought it. I hope enough people buy it to have a robust online community. It will be a good change of pace from the typical PG games Nintendo offers. I am definitely not selling Splatoon though, I love that game it's so addicting.
Great. The online community is usually quite active from 8pm to 12am pst. I've been playing pretty much everyday since launch between these times.

But this ... idk. Seems like a waste of money. And those defending that this is "actually a pretty decent game" have an uphill battle convincing people that is actually true.
The thing is, it's true. Which kinda makes the game even worse, in my opinion. I've said it before, but this game is not a total shitpile -- it's just entirely mediocre and unremarkable, which makes both the "LOL SO BAD" hype and "HOLY SHIT SO RARE" hype equally bizarre.

Besides, a truly terrible game has much more entertainment value than something like Devil's Third. It's very disappointing that Itagaki can't even fail in an interesting way. I would place this game on about the same level as Blops 3, for the most recent example of a totally bland experience.

Rozz retired from the game too soon.

Pour one out for the homie

giphy.gif
What happened to Rozz?

I wish this restock shined on Best Buy. With GCU discount I'd bite, but I can't remember the last time I paid full retail for a game and I can't justify it on this, as much as I want to add it to my library. 

Uhm.. mkay? I don't even know how to respond to that, other than with a "no". Shrike4242 was being an absolute jerk for no good reason, so I said what was on my mind, or.. well, I typed what was on my mind.
As did I, though it looks like there's some serious double-standards going on these days about expressing one's opinions. :shame:

As did I, though it looks like there's some serious double-standards going on these days about expressing one's opinions. :shame:
The difference is that you were being an ass to someone for no reason, other than for the simple sake of being an ass. I wasn't. There were thousands of other ways that you would have gone about replying, and you chose to take the low road. They were simply saying that the game isn't terrible, and you chose to be antagonistic by saying that it sounds like they suffered head trauma, which was not only completely uncalled for, but also completely pointless. All because someone said that the game wasn't as bad as most people who haven't played it would assume.

You could express your opinions without being a jerk about it.

Hello, Rozz's alt! Nice to see you back!
Oopsie, I just realized that you were quoting what I said about the game deserving to succeed. My other comment towards your quote probably didn't make too much sense now that I've realized this. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is that you were b9eing an ass to someone for no reason, other than for the simple sake of being an ass. I wasn't. There were thousands of other ways that you would have gone about replying, and you chose to take the low road. They were simply saying that the game isn't terrible, and you chose to be antagonistic by saying that it sounds like they suffered head trauma, which was not only completely uncalled for, but also completely pointless. All because someone said that the game wasn't as bad as most people who haven't played it would assume.

You could express your opinions without being a jerk about it.
There's no need to keep talking to him about what he said. I've already pushed the ignore button in my mind as he suggested. Since he still hasn't come to the sense about what he said was totally rude after a whole day, he's helpless at this point and I would just leave him in his self-centered world.

There's no need to keep talking to him about what he said. I've already pushed the ignore button in my mind as he suggested. Since he still hasn't come to the sense about what he said was totally rude after a whole day, he's helpless at this point and I would just leave him in his self-centered world.
Mm, you're probably right. I'm sorry for my off-topicness everyone.

Agree. I don't understand all the hate for this game. Its single player is no worse than most 6/10 games which is what I would rate it at. The multiplayer is 9/10 period! It has its technical issues since the game was in development hell and it shows, but it's very clear to see the developer's ambition of making something different than your average shooter and he mostly succeeded. I haven't stopped playing this game since day one online and don't plan to any time soon. I will also play the supposedly better performance PC version when it comes. In fact, I sold my Splatoon because of this game, knowing I will never have the time to play it again even though it's a more technically refined game. For online gameplay, DT is way more fun after you finish story mode, collect all war trophies, and play time attack to get golden eggs for multiplayer and sink in 10+ hours online.
I'm just quoting myself and want to add that if you play games for story, graphics, precision or realism, this game is not for you. However, if you like fast paced over-the-top stupid fun, this game delivers, especially online. $60 is steep but its old school gameplay is one of a kind today.

The multiplayer is incredibly weak next to Splatoon but the campaign is decent fun. I'll never play it again though.

Not a bad game. Some decent ideas. Incredibly satisfying melee hits.

"How are we going to shift this garbage?"

"Only release a few copies, people will buy them up thinking we didn't print many, then dump the rest on the market"

"Genius"

"Not really, suckers fall for it every time"

/EndScene

"Only release a few copies, people will buy them up thinking we didn't print many, then dump the rest on the market"

"Genius"

/EndScene
Actually, I think this was a legit underproduction because Nintendo gave it absolutely zero marketing and seemingly sent it out to die, probably as a result of a contract stipulation that it needed a physical release.

Of course, then this shortage convinced people they have to have it because rare (when otherwise nobody gave a shit) so now they're probably reprinting it, and will do so in waves until interest dries up.

Nintendo definitely has a history of dubious shortages, but this one is probably exactly as it appears.

"Genius"

/EndScene
Literally what happened. It's amazing to see everyone buy up copies of this game just because its "rare".

Guys, I've been having this crazy thought. I might just buy this game... to play it.
It's a fun game, many people here haven't even played it. If it were $30 retail I bet it would have received better reviews.

what other retailers carried this?  I would think Best Buy should get a second shipment as this published by Nintendo and not one of those niche Japanese localization publishers.

...as this published by Nintendo and not one of those niche Japanese localization publishers.
For this game, I rather have the niche publisher published it because they've would have definitely done a better job than Nintendo of America. NoA has such weird management that it is to a point of annoying. Their parent company, NoJ, goes out and shop, fund, and promote games only to have NoA delay them, edit them, and hide them. Wish NoJ would run the whole show worldwide. I'd be much happier Nintendo customer. I'm to the point where if Nintendo's next console is not region free, I ain't buying. I'm tired of being strapped by NoA.

Actually, I think this was a legit underproduction because Nintendo gave it absolutely zero marketing and seemingly sent it out to die, probably as a result of a contract stipulation that it needed a physical release.

Of course, then this shortage convinced people they have to have it because rare (when otherwise nobody gave a shit) so now they're probably reprinting it, and will do so in waves until interest dries up.

Nintendo definitely has a history of dubious shortages, but this one is probably exactly as it appears.
I tend to agree. They took notice and reprinted.That's why anything new isn't truly rare, even when it first is, as the manufacturer can just reprint. Dragon Quest 4,5 on the DS are perfect examples of this.

It's a fun game, many people here haven't even played it. If it were $30 retail I bet it would have received better reviews.
I agree. I was lucky enough to get a Dell pre-order in for $30, I used some gift cards I had earned through a promotion from buying other games from them. It's a fun game for what it is. I like it. But I also feel it shouldn't be a $60 game. Maybe $30 or $40, $50 tops like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for Wii U.

I agree. I was lucky enough to get a Dell pre-order in for $30, I used some gift cards I had earned through a promotion from buying other games from them. It's a fun game for what it is. I like it. But I also feel it shouldn't be a $60 game. Maybe $30 or $40, $50 tops like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for Wii U.
Ugh Mario Tennis. I can't believe the big N gave that game the same MSRP as Wooly World.

It's an opinion. The post I quoted sounded like to me that the writer had a serious head injury for what they wrote about Devil's Third.

Don't like my opinion, there's an ignore button just for this purpose.
Or better yet, I’ll take a moment to point out that your opinion isn’t worth the streak of shit in a vagrant’s underwear if you haven’t actually played the game you are deriding.

Granted, you’re probably one of those people who erroneously assume that shielding your words under the nomenclature of “opinion” insulates it from criticism and ridicule but that’s simply untrue. Even opinions require something resembling evidence or substantive reasoning to be taken seriously and thus far you haven’t provided anything remotely proximal to a compelling rationale for your acerbic derision.

Personally, I bought the game day one to play it and it’s quite fun. Flawed, probably not worth the SRP, but I enjoyed it regardless and I have yet to see a single argument or reason that justifies the vitriolic nastiness it seems to garner anytime it gets mentioned on this board.

So no, I won’t ignore you. I prefer to point out how worthless and specious your silly little opinion is, especially if you haven’t actually played the game in question. And worse, you insult people instead of formulate a viable, mature argument.

Grow up and while you’re at it, get some class.

I just checked to see how many they sold since I posted this, now they have 687 available. Suddenly nobody cares about this game.
I'm pretty sure the original 680 sold out and they had to restock and went with 687.

Nintendo finally noticed how in demand this game is.

Has anyone actually played it? It's exceptionally bad. I could only stand playing it for 20 minutes before I told my cousin how much of an idiot he was for buying it because "it was in demand"

I actually got a e-mail today through gamefly that it shipped, I guess they decided to carry it after all.  It only took a few months...and now I don't really want it and it took the place of Far Cry Primal which I really wanted to play, ohh well. 

I actually got a e-mail today through gamefly that it shipped, I guess they decided to carry it after all. It only took a few months...and now I don't really want it and it took the place of Far Cry Primal which I really wanted to play, ohh well.
I had mine shipped awhile ago but there was no option to buy it. Now it shows I can buy it for $44.99 used after 10% discount.

Has anyone actually played it? It's exceptionally bad. I could only stand playing it for 20 minutes before I told my cousin how much of an idiot he was for buying it because "it was in demand"
I'm having fun with it from gamefly. I like the Gore and the feedback from the hits. It's a simple dumb game but the multiplayer is actually pretty fun too.

I had mine shipped awhile ago but there was no option to buy it. Now it shows I can buy it for $44.99 used after 10% discount.
Cool, congrats, it was showing up as not being able to rent since it released for me. I guess this month my gamefly building received some copies.

bread's done
Back