Diablo 3 available for pre-order at Amazon

awesome!

now blizz, work on that CE!

$59, is this the CE? hmmm... nwm. SC is $59 marked to $49. Guess this is the new price for PC games also.

[quote name='wasabi5858']awesome!

now blizz, work on that CE!

$59, is this the CE? hmmm... nwm. SC is $59 marked to $49. Guess this is the new price for PC games also.[/QUOTE]

Not the CE. And I'm sure they'll be offering a $10 GC sometime soon. When and if they do come out with a CE I'll add it to the OP.

BTW - I'll clean up the OP link when I get up tomorrow. I'm tired! Going to bed!

even though thisll be the only PC game ill have boughten in about 10 years, the price is rediculous for this reason..

i say this because when sims 3 came out it was like 59ish bucks. and maybe a month later its 39 dollars. and if places still have the CE whatever with the diamond usb drive stick thingggg, its 50 or less. at least at my walmart, and its not even a sale or clearance price.

so unless theres some 10 dollar gift card (at leeeeast), theres no way im buying this at that price despite this game "series" being one of the few games ive ever really owned for PC.

and to add. ill be buying a new computer just to play this game (nothing too fancy you computer gamers!). just something that will run it okay. the pc i have sucks and is frpm like 2005. i can barely run viva pinata on it lollll. (cuz it needs a performance of 3.2 and mine is like 3.0) WHATEVER.

but omg do i really want this game

[quote name='howlinmad']They are just taking pre-orders to help fund development. :)[/QUOTE]
They need to do that? With all that WoW money rolling in on a monthly basis? :rofl:

[quote name='uglyteradon']I might as well pre-order a unicorn while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Game has an unknown release date. Think we'd be lucky to see it via 2012 and we'll all be dead by then anyway.

[quote name='doooork']even though thisll be the only PC game ill have boughten in about 10 years, the price is rediculous for this reason..

i say this because when sims 3 came out it was like 59ish bucks. and maybe a month later its 39 dollars. and if places still have the CE whatever with the diamond usb drive stick thingggg, its 50 or less. at least at my walmart, and its not even a sale or clearance price.

so unless theres some 10 dollar gift card (at leeeeast), theres no way im buying this at that price despite this game "series" being one of the few games ive ever really owned for PC.

and to add. ill be buying a new computer just to play this game (nothing too fancy you computer gamers!). just something that will run it okay. the pc i have sucks and is frpm like 2005. i can barely run viva pinata on it lollll. (cuz it needs a performance of 3.2 and mine is like 3.0) WHATEVER.

but omg do i really want this game[/QUOTE]

Would be a valid point on many games but not Blizzard games. Their stuff is incredibly stubborn when it comes to price drops. SC/WC/Diablo Battle Chests were still like $40-$60 6-8 years after the games were released. Even today the WC Collection is $35 on amazon.

If you're waiting for a meaningful price drop it would be awhile.

Amazon did the same thing with starcraft II about a year ago and still no release or release date mentioned. The earliest I would see D3 coming out is late 2011

Stop complaining about the price. If there's ANY PC game that's worth $59, it's Diablo 3. This game will give you anywhere from hundreds of hours to thousands of hours of content, all with no subscription fee. Heck, I'd pay a 100 bucks for the game.

[quote name='blueshinra']They need to do that? With all that WoW money rolling in on a monthly basis? :rofl:[/QUOTE]
That money is used to maintain their fleet of yachts. ;)

[quote name='applesauce']Stop complaining about the price. If there's ANY PC game that's worth $59, it's Diablo 3. This game will give you anywhere from hundreds of hours to thousands of hours of content, all with no subscription fee. Heck, I'd pay a 100 bucks for the game.[/QUOTE]
Activision must love you...

They realize that people are willing to pay any price for a good game. That's why they jacked up the price. Starting with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and now Diablo 3.

[quote name='applesauce']Stop complaining about the price. If there's ANY PC game that's worth $59, it's Diablo 3. This game will give you anywhere from hundreds of hours to thousands of hours of content, all with no subscription fee. Heck, I'd pay a 100 bucks for the game.[/QUOTE]

You have NO idea how much game time D3 will bring. They could F it up something fierce and youd be done in 2 hours. Also to get the most of it youd have to subscribe to the new pay services they're working on.

Blizzard pretty much have me for life. I remember playing dialing into my friend's # to play Warcraft multi.... then dealing with TCP/IP stack and war2kali to play war2 online... then god knows how much time on the 2 Diablos and Starcraft, War 3 and WoW.

They have never done me wrong, so I for one am beyond confident that Diablo III will being an excellent game with it.

I give Blizzard and open check to charge me whatever the hell they want, I will still bite.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']You have NO idea how much game time D3 will bring. They could F it up something fierce and youd be done in 2 hours. Also to get the most of it youd have to subscribe to the new pay services they're working on.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I loved D1 and D2, but I won't preorder D3. I will buy D3 only after a price drop and only if it receives stellar reviews (or if it sucks me in). It must be worthy of being called Diablo. I expect nothing less than perfection. It must be dark, have compelling story (that fits in Diablo universe) and fun gameplay. From what little I've seen, it doesn't looks like it has any of these things.

[quote name='Raymond']They realize that people are willing to pay any price for a good game. That's why they jacked up the price. Starting with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and now Diablo 3.[/QUOTE]

I am totally 100% not joking when I say if they charged $150 for Diablo 3 id pay it. That said im waiting on a pre order. First off there is no point when the game is like a year away at least. Besides that though I am hoping for a nice collectors edition.

It's just a placeholder price. SC2 started at $59.99 too and it's since been dropped to $49.99, and will probably hit $46.99 by the time it's actually released. D3 will be no different.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I might as well pre-order a unicorn while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The unicorn will ship, arrive at your house, and die of old age before this game is in stores.

Already showing up in my Quick Picks today for $56.99 -- 5% off. I love how Amazon knows that I'm addicted to Blizzard games. I'm going to pass though because I'll definitely opt for a collector's edition if/when the game is eventually released.

[quote name='Vokhens']WTF its because of the damn merger... MW2 was 60 bucks too on pc.[/QUOTE]

After reading all the posts in this thread up to this point... I'm confused. Why are people willing to accept $59.99 price tag on 360/PS3 titles(even mediocre ones), yet goes berserk on a PC title of equal price? I'll not even mention that this particular game is from a developer that's proven to have been making solid games for years.

From my perspective, developing games for PC takes pretty much the same resources as developing games for 360/PS3. Maybe even more effort since the game is to support various operating systems and almost limitless hardware configurations.... but I digress.

With all that said, I'd be glad to pay $60 for a worthy PC title just as I would plunk down the same amount for a good PS3 title. This pre-order is going to be ways out given Blizzard's knack of taking time to actually polish their games and the "when-it's-done" stand. I'll pre-order the CE when there's a release date announced.

[quote name='XClaude']After reading all the posts in this thread up to this point... I'm confused. Why are people willing to accept $59.99 price tag on 360/PS3 titles(even mediocre ones), yet goes berserk on a PC title of equal price? I'll not even mention that this particular game is from a developer that's proven to have been making solid games for years.

From my perspective, developing games for PC takes pretty much the same resources as developing games for 360/PS3. Maybe even more effort since the game is to support various operating systems and almost limitless hardware configurations.... but I digress.

With all that said, I'd be glad to pay $60 for a worthy PC title just as I would plunk down the same amount for a good PS3 title. This pre-order is going to be ways out given Blizzard's knack of taking time to actually polish their games and the "when-it's-done" stand. I'll pre-order the CE when there's a release date announced.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that the extra $ for console games are for the licensing fee that game companies have to pay to Sony/Microsoft, a fee absent in PC, thus the lower price for the same level of product.

[quote name='saetia']Oops, must've clicked the wrong forum. Thought this was the deals forum.[/QUOTE]
Deals forum is synonymous with bitch at price forums.

A lot of you have either forgotten or simply weren't a PC gamer back then. Some Blizzard games (non CE) had a retail of $55, so can't say I am surprised if the $60 price tag for the normal edition is correct.

[quote name='Vortextk']Lol if we're lucky enough to see this early 2011 I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

watch it will be released in 2012 where the end of the world is nigh! (hence diablo 3 release date)

Besides being one of the best games I've ever played and linked with amazing memories back then, dungeon hunting with my buddies in battle.net, this game is worth whatever they charge.

If any of you have memories of playing Diablo, when there was no other game like it, with your buddies and/or dialing up to get a multiplayer session going on this game holds more value then just being another hyped game. Blizzard holds a lot of the 'good ol' days' linked with these masterpieces.

As soon as the CE emerges it's a no brainer pre-order for me. I can care less about the price and the same will apply to Starcraft 2.

Everybody with a lemonade stand is going to be selling this game. I'm waiting for the preorder swag ante to begin upping itself.

I lol'd, then I cried in the reality of the statement.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I lol'd, then I cried in the reality of the statement.[/QUOTE]
Why? Do you really doubt that Diablo III will eventually be released? I'm sure Mr. Kotick would personally hunt down that unicorn if it ensured the release of DIII.

This doesn't belong in the deals section when it's not a deal, it's a "hey look, amazon has pre-orders up with an unknown release date and unconfirmed pricing".

[quote name='drock']Why? Do you really doubt that Diablo III will eventually be released? I'm sure Mr. Kotick would personally hunt down that unicorn if it ensured the release of DIII.[/QUOTE]

No, I just cry at the fact they develop like Valve does.... one at a time.

I don't think this is a Duke Nukem Forever game.... I think it is more like Half Life 2: Episode 3. It will get here, just will take a loooong time.

And I still want Starcraft: Ghost. Take some of that Warcraft fanboy money and get it done!

[quote name='WormFOODx']No, I just cry at the fact they develop like Valve does.... one at a time.

I don't think this is a Duke Nukem Forever game.... I think it is more like Half Life 2: Episode 3. It will get here, just will take a loooong time.

And I still want Starcraft: Ghost. Take some of that Warcraft fanboy money and get it done![/QUOTE]

Hah. :D Don't we all.

bread's done
Back