Diablo 3 requires a constant internet connection for offline play.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Again, does this honestly surprise anybody?

Has everybody forgotten what happened to D2?[/QUOTE]
What you mean all the awesome mods that added tons of replay with new assets like Median XL or Eastern Sun?

Or maybe the ones that fixed bugs present in the game itself?

Or perhaps the many balance mods that increased the difficulty?

Maybe you are referring to the excellent PvP realms where players could outfit their characters with PvP gear right out of the gate and focus on duels?

Man it sure would suck to have all that stuff for Diablo 3. Luckily Blizzard is putting the boots to it.

[quote name='crystalklear64']What you mean all the awesome mods that added tons of replay with new assets like Median XL or Eastern Sun?

Or maybe the ones that fixed bugs present in the game itself?

Or perhaps the many balance mods that increased the difficulty?

Maybe you are referring to the excellent PvP realms where players could outfit their characters with PvP gear right out of the gate and focus on duels?

Man it sure would suck to have all that stuff for Diablo 3. Luckily Blizzard is putting the boots to it.[/QUOTE]

Or the duplicated items, and modified characters, and all the other cheating shit.

any news about D3 until it comes out and I'm playing it doesn't bother me. the game will be awesome, if you don't care about competitive MP/PvP then that whole aspect doesn't matter (I have a necklace of ears already). I just plan to roam around with my buds, rain frogs and topple zombies on my enemies...and perhaps somewhere down the road, I can sell enough loot to make up the cost of what I paid for the game.

A petition has been started for those of you that dislike the decision to exclude the offline single player mode. Please sign if you want offline play included in the final release of the game. Blizzard has yielded to petitions before. Besides, all this would take is less than a day of simple programming/tweaking. Please spread this link around to anyone interested. We are quickly getting more and more signatures, but every signature helps. Lets makes this happen.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/diablo-3-offline-single-player-petition.html

[quote name='awoody17']A petition has been started for those of you that dislike the decision to exclude cheating. Please sign if you want cheating included in the final release of the game. Blizzard has yielded to petitions before. Besides, all this would take is everybody's fun away. Please spread this link around to anyone interested. We are quickly getting more and more signatures, but every signature helps. Lets makes this happen.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/diablo-3-yes-to-cheating-petition.html
[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Or the duplicated items, and modified characters, and all the other cheating shit.[/QUOTE]

Those aren't mods, those are hacks. Hacks will still exist in Diablo 3.

This game will be such a blast to play online, nothing will stop me from purchasing. My first PC game ever was Diablo 1 back in 1997.

[quote name='Dezuria']This game will be such a blast to play online, nothing will stop me from purchasing. My first PC game ever was Diablo 1 back in 1997.[/QUOTE]

Behold the power of a brand name and blind loyalty.

[quote name='Megazell']Behold the power of a brand name and blind loyalty.[/QUOTE]

You know they have that "brand name" and the "blind loyalty" for a reason, right? It could be because they've been releasing phenomenal games since 1997 and have yet to disappoint. Just because Blizzard is making some decisions you don't agree with doesn't take away the fact that this game will be awesome. But you won't know how awesome because Blizzard is making you do things you don't want to. Oh well, tough shit.

that's true tcrash, but ever since actvision hopped on, Blizzard has made very different games than it used to make.

not bad games, but the philosophy has definitely changed at that studio.

i'm skeptically excited for D3

[quote name='Megazell']Behold the power of a brand name and blind loyalty.[/QUOTE]

I'm not blinded by loyalty at all. I can clearly see what it is, and I like what I see.
My PC is always online, so why would I care if it requires it?
My wife and I will be playing this co-op and I have no doubts that it'll be a ton of fun for us.

[quote name='panzerfaust']that's true tcrash, but ever since actvision hopped on, Blizzard has made very different games than it used to make.

not bad games, but the philosophy has definitely changed at that studio.

i'm skeptically excited for D3[/QUOTE]

Very different games? No, I don't think so. In fact, Blizzard has only released one game since merging with Activision, StarCraft 2, and that's really no different than StarCraft 1 (I don't count WoW's expansions because they've been basically the same each time, just an expansion). And Diablo 3 is basically the same as Diablo 2.

Have some of their practices changed? Sure, but all companies do that. And any cash grabs they've done have been solely optional to the player, nothing has ever been mandatory. They see ways they can make some money and they do them, they're a company that needs to make money to keep putting out fantastic games.

I don't feel they have ever sacrificed quality for more financial gain. If that was true, they'd release a WoW expansion every year that would massively suck and we'd have Heart of the Swarm and Diablo 3 already and they would probably be shit too.

I know what some of you are thinking, "Another Blizzard apologist" but I seriously believe in everything I said, Blizzard has yet to let me down. If you don't agree or don't like Blizzard and their practices, then fine, don't play their games, it's your loss.

I think you're perfectly in line with respecting Blizzard, and I didn't give a hint of disrespect in my post either. I played Starcraft and Warcraft since I was 8, played WoW for 5 years, and have been pretty dedicated to everything Blizzard. I don't mind their cash grabs because people get value from the content. So chill the fuck out.

Starcraft 2 is much different than Brood War. Even if it's still gathering minerals and building zerglings, it's still very different with an entirely different philosophy going for it. Any seasoned SC player will tell you this, whether they like SC2 or not.

And WoW post-BC expansions also caught on to a completely different design -- the fact that you'd call them all the same says to me that you don't care about having any experience or research, but would praise Blizzard anyways. I don't think you're an apologist (Blizzard is great, they don't need people to defend them), but I do think you're getting into an argument about a developer you know nothing about. So while I agree Blizzard is a fine developer and D3 will almost certainly be a well received game,(I triple emphasized that so you don't piss yourself) it can potentially be very different from what made D2 a success.

And in this post I have said nothing negative about Blizzard or their games

So relax

Last edited by a moderator:
That entire post wasn't actually directed to you, I shouldn't have quoted your post, I was just adding to the discussion with more thoughts, so you can relax too. While SC2 and post BC expansions have obviously been new and changed somewhat, I just meant they're the same at the core, I didn't feel they were "very" different (though I didn't play SC1/BW much, so I probably shouldn't comment on that).

Well then I'm glad we can tone down the conversation.

But those are not the same at the "core." No more than Counter-Strike is the same as Modern Warfare because they both involving shooting people and planting bombs in a middle eastern environment. These are not just "somewhat" changed games. They are all quite good, but Blizzard's franchises have all changed and continue to do so -- in big ways.

Blizzard is a business and will try to reach new audiences. The people skeptical about D3 really should be, because we still have no idea how it will turn out or what audience it will pander too (and I played quite a bit at Blizzcon).

[quote name='panzerfaust']that's true tcrash, but ever since actvision hopped on, Blizzard has made very different games than it used to make.[/QUOTE]

Uhh...they've made ONE game, that being Starcraft 2. Whats so "very different" about Startcraft 2 from any other Blizzard game?

Blizzard has made other games, and they also constantly upkeep one on a daily basis called WoW.

And I'm not saying Activision changed everything, just using it as a time marker because that's when things noticeably changed. 99% sure they would of done everything they've done so far whether they merged or not.

They haven't made other games aside from SC2 since joining with Activision, the only thing they've made since Diablo 2 is WOW expansions and Starcraft. Nothing about them has been "very different" since joining Activision.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Well, sucks for you offliners, but if it makes D3 that much more hackproof I'm all for it.[/QUOTE]

ROFL, really?

Nothing Blizzard can or will ever do will make Diablo "hack proof." Any software created by humans can be hacked or circumvented by other humans. All Blizzard is doing is annoying people with pointless hoops to jump through to play their game. And while I dont agree with hacking in an online setting (as this creates an unfair advantage), I certainly dont agree with being forced to do anything...regardless of how small or trivial anyone else thinks it is.

I will probably skip this game until (a) the online requirement for single player is patched out (whether it be by Blizzard or by other "third party software makers"), or (b) the game is dirt cheap. Just my 2 cents...

I am literally laughing my ass off watching some of you people's attempts to justify and condemn Blizzard's actions. Come back to reality. This is not a "game ending" requirement that will cause public outcry...I get that. I just dont like being forced to do shit, and I dont like being limited. I like to do what the heck I want with the things I spend my hard-earned money on. If I want to play offline on a road-trip (without *gasp* an internet connection, God forbid...), I should have that ability. Shit, if I want to do Bill Cosby impressions while rubbing chocolate pudding all over my bawls, while playing Diablo 3 offline and thinking happy, happy thoughts then I should have that right if I'm a legitimate paying user.

I've got no problem with this? Some of you are like my little game activist friend. Buy it or don't, but don't act like it's some sort of grave injustice. It is a game after all.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']ROFL, really?

Nothing Blizzard can or will ever do will make Diablo "hack proof." Any software created by humans can be hacked or circumvented by other humans. All Blizzard is doing is annoying people with pointless hoops to jump through to play their game. And while I dont agree with hacking in an online setting (as this creates an unfair advantage), I certainly dont agree with being forced to do anything...regardless of how small or trivial anyone else thinks it is.

I will probably skip this game until (a) the online requirement for single player is patched out (whether it be by Blizzard or by other "third party software makers"), or (b) the game is dirt cheap. Just my 2 cents...

I am literally laughing my ass off watching some of you people's attempts to justify and condemn Blizzard's actions. Come back to reality. This is not a "game ending" requirement that will cause public outcry...I get that. I just dont like being forced to do shit, and I dont like being limited. I like to do what the heck I want with the things I spend my hard-earned money on. If I want to play offline on a road-trip (without *gasp* an internet connection, God forbid...), I should have that ability. Shit, if I want to do Bill Cosby impressions while rubbing chocolate pudding all over my bawls, while playing Diablo 3 offline and thinking happy, happy thoughts then I should have that right if I'm a legitimate paying user.[/QUOTE]

So should Blizzard not even try to make the game harder to hack? There's always gonna be people trying to cheat, but if it's enough of a hassle to cheat, most people won't do it. That's the key to success with anti-cheating mechanisms, just look at WoW. I played WoW for 4 years, and I never experienced any real cheating in the game. I'd say that's damned impressive.

And considering D2 still sells for $30 after 11 years on the market (Admittedly with it's expansion), you might be waiting a long, long, long time to get D3 cheap.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So should Blizzard not even try to make the game harder to hack? There's always gonna be people trying to cheat, but if it's enough of a hassle to cheat, most people won't do it. That's the key to success with anti-cheating mechanisms, just look at WoW. I played WoW for 4 years, and I never experienced any real cheating in the game. I'd say that's damned impressive.

And considering D2 still sells for $30 after 11 years on the market (Admittedly with it's expansion), you might be waiting a long, long, long time to get D3 cheap.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how my saying that I dont like this new "requirement" because it limits my enjoyment of the game equates to me saying that I think Blizzard should "...not even try to make the game harder to hack." You are taking an extreme stance there.
Using your logic, I could extrapolate it to interpret it the following way: "Since I dont like one copy/hack protection countermeasure that Blizzard has employed MEANS that I dont want Blizzard to employ any copy/hack countermeasures", which would be incorrect (I even stated in my previous comment that I was against hacking as it creates an unfair advantage). This is the inherent flaw in you argument when taking an extreme stance like you have.

I wont bother with a rebuttal because your comment, while getting at people's emotions, has little validity as an argument/rebuttal to my previous comment...although you are probably correct in the notion that it will be a while before D3 drops in price...therefore it will be a while before I play it. *shrug*

[quote name='tcrash247']You know they have that "brand name" and the "blind loyalty" for a reason, right? It could be because they've been releasing phenomenal games since 1997 and have yet to disappoint. Just because Blizzard is making some decisions you don't agree with doesn't take away the fact that this game will be awesome. But you won't know how awesome because Blizzard is making you do things you don't want to. Oh well, tough shit.[/QUOTE]

There is never a good reason to give anything in this world blind loyalty.

How is Blizzard making me do things I don't want to? This part of your "post" make no sense.

I get Diablo 3 when it's free. The same way I got StarCraft, StarCraft 2, Warcraft, Warcraft 3 and WOW.

Also I don't understand how you can say something is 'awesome' when you have not played it yet.

You must be part of those ppl that swore up and down that Cat Woman and Glitter were going to be awesome movies 6 months before they were released.

Shameful.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So should Blizzard not even try to make the game harder to hack? There's always gonna be people trying to cheat, but if it's enough of a hassle to cheat, most people won't do it. That's the key to success with anti-cheating mechanisms, just look at WoW. I played WoW for 4 years, and I never experienced any real cheating in the game. I'd say that's damned impressive.

And considering D2 still sells for $30 after 11 years on the market (Admittedly with it's expansion), you might be waiting a long, long, long time to get D3 cheap.[/QUOTE]

Just because you never seen any WOW players cheating (doubt though - you probably did not notice that Billy had a lvl 3 character last night but is now lvl 60) does not mean that it's not happening.

[quote name='Megazell']Just because you never seen any WOW players cheating (doubt though - you probably did not notice that Billy had a lvl 3 character last night but is now lvl 60) does not mean that it's not happening.[/QUOTE]

If it's possible to do that via cheating, then why do people spend money to have characters powerleveled?

Just curious.

i was on dial up about 5 years ago. was in a situation that my folks lived to far away for broadband so that really was the only option. got to a point tho that i lived 40 miles from when i started seeing houses and people and work and made maintaining just a grunt job really tough. eventually i moved out due to that, either live happy poor in the country or move closer in with a relative and work and be miserable hehe

that said tho you got to make your choices. After all it's freaking 2012 and if your pc cant get on the net all the tiem it's maybe time to reconsider your situation. even phones are on the net now hehe. :)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If it's possible to do that via cheating, then why do people spend money to have characters powerleveled?

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

They are not as tech-savvy or as well-informed maybe? Or maybe they dont want to violate Blizzard's terms of use, like hacks do (I dont think their terms prohibit powerleveling, heh)?

Look on eBay and you will see people doing exactly this: paying for stuff someone got for free. Look at the CAG marketplace and you will see people trying to sell/trade stuff they got for free (ex: pax trashball cole plushy, kinect helicopter prop from computerbilde.de, etc.).

Not everyone has the same information and is as well informed as others are. Just because I know that I can hack the game and get a lvl 60 doesnt mean Joe Blow in Arkansas does... Maybe that is why he paid someone on the internet to powerlevel him (since we are being hypothetical and all)...? Or again, maybe he is choosing to pay to get powerleveled because he doesnt want to violate Blizzard's terms of use (which is a valid concern if you dont want to get banned).

Not trying to be rude, but it seems that you need to start giving your arguments a little more thought. Just because you "know" something doesnt mean everyone does...the reverse is true also.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If it's possible to do that via cheating, then why do people spend money to have characters powerleveled?

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Are you asking me why idiots do stupid things?

[quote name='Megazell']There is never a good reason to give anything in this world blind loyalty.

How is Blizzard making me do things I don't want to? This part of your "post" make no sense.

I get Diablo 3 when it's free. The same way I got StarCraft, StarCraft 2, Warcraft, Warcraft 3 and WOW.

Also I don't understand how you can say something is 'awesome' when you have not played it yet.

You must be part of those ppl that swore up and down that Cat Woman and Glitter were going to be awesome movies 6 months before they were released.

Shameful.[/QUOTE]

You know exactly what I mean, so I don't know why I'm about to clarify it for you.

Blizzard is making you do things IF YOU BUY IT. Meaning they're making you be online IF YOU BUY IT.

I'm saying it's awesome because Blizzard has this thing called a track record. ALL of their games have been awesome. This will be no different, mark my words. I'm assuming it will be great, that's not unheard of to assume something will be great before it comes out.

Cat Woman and Glitter? Really? You're comparing two movies that looked terrible before they came out to a Blizzard game? You're obviously trolling here, there's no doubt about that.

I guess I'm not allowed to express why I think this game will be awesome without drawing ire from you. And I like how you flaunt that you won't pay for a game and support the developer but you'll play it for free illegally. There's a problem in the video game industry and your actions are the reason.

While not a powerlevelling issue, WoW still has people who cheat. The most recognizable form of it - you'll be running around looking for Ore, only to see someone teleport right to a mineral vein, mine it out from under you, and then teleport away. Happens all the time on the server I'm on. They can stop that individual character pretty easily, but usually the character belongs to a hacked account. The "player" (or perhaps more accurately bot operator) simply needs to access another compromised account to resume farming.

I have no idea whose point this proves, or even what their point is. I just know that them allowing characters to go offline and then be synched online leaves a lot of room for hacks during the offline portion. As to why they don't allow completely separate online and offline versions...hell if I know.

Oh, and as far as loyalty is concerned....if a company does something to earn someone's loyalty, I have no problem with someone being loyal to them. For example...every time I go to Steak N Shake, the food is tasty. Every time I go to McDonald's, it isn't. As such, I am much more likely to get grub from Steak N Shake than McD's. Should I go there and get food poisoning, then I'll re-evaluate my loyalty.

Same thing with Blizz. I've found their games to be more enjoyable than the competition, so I have no problem buying their games. Some people may think this "always-on" stuff is food-poisoning levels of bad, but some don't. I'll respect your desire to boycott the game for whatever reason as long as you respect my desire to get the game because I think it'll be fun.

[quote name='tcrash247']And I like how you flaunt that you won't pay for a game and support the developer but you'll play it for free illegally.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see me write anything about getting the game illegally?

I get all of my PC Games free and legally!

Check my sig for verification.

CAG, PCGamer and other forums have some awesome ppl that send me links to free retail games all the time.

Shoot, I have over 32 games alone on STEAM from CAG members that donated to the board or via PM.

SC2 was given out for free at the NYC library and at the local Citibank the day it came out in the stores.

I don't understand why you would lie like that but I guess it's how ppl like you roll.

You can say you will buy this game despite it's announcements but to get on other ppl's case about it (the original reason why I quoted) leaves you open for some discussion.

ALL of their games have been awesome.

Again why would you lie.

Never? Never?? Come on you telling me their Superman game was awesome...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']They are not as tech-savvy or as well-informed maybe? Or maybe they dont want to violate Blizzard's terms of use, like hacks do (I dont think their terms prohibit powerleveling, heh)?

Look on eBay and you will see people doing exactly this: paying for stuff someone got for free. Look at the CAG marketplace and you will see people trying to sell/trade stuff they got for free (ex: pax trashball cole plushy, kinect helicopter prop from computerbilde.de, etc.).

Not everyone has the same information and is as well informed as others are. Just because I know that I can hack the game and get a lvl 60 doesnt mean Joe Blow in Arkansas does... Maybe that is why he paid someone on the internet to powerlevel him (since we are being hypothetical and all)...? Or again, maybe he is choosing to pay to get powerleveled because he doesnt want to violate Blizzard's terms of use (which is a valid concern if you dont want to get banned).

Not trying to be rude, but it seems that you need to start giving your arguments a little more thought. Just because you "know" something doesnt mean everyone does...the reverse is true also.[/QUOTE]

Use of your account by anybody that's not you IS a violation of Blizzard's TOU. It does, however, have a much less likely chance of your account getting banned since there's no cheating for Blizzard to detect.

I think that people do it because they think that Blizzard has effective anti-hacking tools, and that's Blizzard's best chance at keeping the game well-protected from hacks. Diablo 2 was a game notorious for being easy to modify. Blizzard would find it in their best interests to make it seem like Diablo 3 is pretty damn hard to hack and cheat in multiplayer.

Sure, people are going to crack the game and play it offline, or crack it and play it on private servers, people are going to do that and it's pretty damn hard to stop them, but to cheat while playing the online Battle.net version of it, that doesn't sound too promising. And that's the trick: if people think it's a risk to their accounts to hack the game and play online, they won't do it, or at least most won't be willing to take that risk. That's Blizzard's goal, and that's why the constant internet connection is a good thing, because it will make people think twice about cheating.

And paying for an exclusive con-based item, that the con-goer got for free, doesn't sound that stupid if you want it. Value is in the eye of the beholder. I could sell the Blizzcon pet I'll get this year, but I'd rather keep it over the $80 or so I could probably sell it for, judging on how much last year's pet is going for on ebay right now.

My .02 cents is that games requiring an internet connection are so common these days that it is a pretty basic system requirement, so it wouldn't necessarily bother me. I know a lot of people here would not agree with that, and I think they have a legitimate point..."If I pay $49.99 for a game I should be able to play it whenever and however I want." My problem would be if there was a problem on the battle.net side that prevented me from playing the game when I want to. If I meet the system requirements I should be able to play at will. Whether or not this requirement is a hindrance will depend on how will Blizzard implements it. I won't be buying Diablo III on release day and will wait and see how smoothly things operate, but I am sure Blizzard is well aware of the consequences if they blow it.

Option 1: You are OK with the always-online thing and will gladly pay for the game and enjoy the contents. PRO: You get to play the game; CON: You have to deal with some annoying issues. This is NOT being blind nor being a sheep.

Option 2: You are totally against Blizzard's heavy-handedness and will refuse to purchase the game. PRO: You speak to the developer with your wallet; CON: You will be skipping out on this game. This is also a very valid choice.

What really pisses me off is that certain individuals with an overblown sense of entitlement think that they are now justified in committing piracy. I mean, what the hell is that all about? They go to lengths to demonize the developer then use it as an excuse to steal for their selfish benefit? That's much much worse.

I hope no one will embarrass themselves by trying to defend piracy... Kudos to all who choose to pay or not play at all!

just to add i bet the offline is going to suck anyways.
starcraft 2 was okay but just like many games these, especially shooters and activision titles, the singleplayer was just an afterthought rather than it being the main focus of the game.

@Jason - a free con-goer's in game items isn't really free...you paid admission to go to the con and blizzcon tickets ain't cheap. Even the virtual pay per view tickets are like $40. Selling a con exclusive item is totally worth it if it's worth it to you as well as someone who didn't go dishing out the funds to buy it. (what they decide to pay for it is their business) (i'm basically agreeing w/you + adding my insight)

I'm kinda obligated to get Diablo 3 on release mainly because everyone else I know who's getting it will be unreachable, absent from XBL, and/or only be talking about D3 and how much fun they're having. I'm also hoping they either have some preorder bonus or a GC incentive for preorders.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Any time I see a game require constant internet connection I think back to Assassin's Creed 2 launch. The servers for the game authentication were down so legally purchased copies couldn't be played but everyone who downloaded the hacked version could play just fine. Bought it legally and get screwed, downloaded and pirated it and you're fine.

The fact that those situations can occur bothers me. Did no one learn anything from Sony? What if Blizzard gets hacked like that and is down for am extended time? It's one thing if its online multi-player but when you're telling me I have to be dependant on them during single player as well I am very, very unlikely to be on board. In fact, I've yet to even consider buying an always on required PC game aside from MMOs, which is kind of a given.[/QUOTE]
This X2, there are several Capcom download games that require a constant connection to PSN in order to play them and none of them were playable the month that PSN was down.

[quote name='guardian_owl']This X2, there are several Capcom download games that require a constant connection to PSN in order to play them and none of them were playable the month that PSN was down.[/QUOTE]
That was fine right? You could just play other games! Why should you be able to play something you paid for? Thats just silly!

[quote name='crystalklear64']That was fine right? You could just play other games! Why should you be able to play something you paid for? Thats just silly![/QUOTE]

Consoles. LOL

[quote name='dannyox718']Option 1: You are OK with the always-online thing and will gladly pay for the game and enjoy the contents. PRO: You get to play the game; CON: You have to deal with some annoying issues. This is NOT being blind nor being a sheep.

Option 2: You are totally against Blizzard's heavy-handedness and will refuse to purchase the game. PRO: You speak to the developer with your wallet; CON: You will be skipping out on this game. This is also a very valid choice.

What really pisses me off is that certain individuals with an overblown sense of entitlement think that they are now justified in committing piracy. I mean, what the hell is that all about? They go to lengths to demonize the developer then use it as an excuse to steal for their selfish benefit? That's much much worse.

I hope no one will embarrass themselves by trying to defend piracy... Kudos to all who choose to pay or not play at all![/QUOTE]

Yea it's pretty stupid. It's like going into a store, seeing they raised the price of an item and stealing it because they did that. What? I'm just going to wait longer to buy the game I'll pick it for up very cheap or free (gift) if this is the case. However it's not a huge deal I play on steam all the time and that basically requires 100% up-time. I know there is offline but still. Just sucks if I want to play and the internet is down. However since its a Blizzard game and not steam I'm sure they will have a "work around" for people who buy the game and don't want to be online all the time. Really though, if you don't like this and you download games, shut up cause it's your fault.

[quote name='Megazell']Consoles. LOL[/QUOTE]

Steam was down for several people (including me) just a week or maybe two weeks ago. Couldn't even play games in offline mode. So, it can happen to any closed system.

[quote name='SEH']Does it suck for people who don't have internet 24/7, yeah. However, another part of me says "it's 2011, if you don't have a reliable internet connection, that's your fault".[/QUOTE]

This is far from true. I frequent some broadband forums and many people don't even have access to dsl. The best they can get is cell or satellite service which both have slow speeds, high ping and low caps. And this is in the USA and Canada, not some third world country. And now many isps are putting caps on service.

There just isn't the infrastructure available today or even in the next five years for everyone to go "to the cloud". If every company takes this approach, there won't be any games you can play on the plane ride.

bread's done
Back