Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='tcrash247']Pretty sure Kill is right, just friends, family and media. I'm DYING to play this game, easily my most anticipated release since it was announced.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I am checking my email religiously hoping for that beta invite. Hope they announce an exact release date before the end of the year so I can plan a vacation around it. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Same here. I am checking my email religiously hoping for that beta invite. Hope they announce an exact release date before the end of the year so I can plan a vacation around it. :D[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I did that for Cataclysm and I'll definitely do it for Diablo.

I'm in the beta. Sooooo much fun!!! But kinda short. I think I ripped through it in about 2.5 hours. I'll be covering it on my podcast next week, but feel free to run any questions by me. Happy to answer them.

[quote name='ninju D']I'm in the beta. Sooooo much fun!!! But kinda short. I think I ripped through it in about 2.5 hours. I'll be covering it on my podcast next week, but feel free to run any questions by me. Happy to answer them.[/QUOTE]

You have any idea when they're going to send out the public invites?

[quote name='Killbomb']You have any idea when they're going to send out the public invites?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure when he said to ask questions he meant about the actual game. A beta tester most likely wouldn't know what Blizzard's beta plans are.

[quote name='tcrash247']Pretty sure when he said to ask questions he meant about the actual game. A beta tester most likely wouldn't know what Blizzard's beta plans are.[/QUOTE]

True. Figured the "media" testers might have heard something. Grasping at straws I guess...lol.

[quote name='Killbomb']True. Figured the "media" testers might have heard something. Grasping at straws I guess...lol.[/QUOTE]

Aren't we all. I loaded up D2 LOD this week to get some Diablo time in. Good to see my "expired" characters comes out of "expiration" once I run a game with them.

Although, after a few games with my lvl 86 Summoner Necro, I quickly realize how much I hate summoning 15 minions, and having to occasionally respawn them.

Makes me glad the Witch Doctor runs a tighter ship, but hopefully the shorter numbers means higher damage.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Aren't we all. I loaded up D2 LOD this week to get some Diablo time in. Good to see my "expired" characters comes out of "expiration" once I run a game with them.

Although, after a few games with my lvl 86 Summoner Necro, I quickly realize how much I hate summoning 15 minions, and having to occasionally respawn them.

Makes me glad the Witch Doctor runs a tighter ship, but hopefully the shorter numbers means higher damage.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I never had that high of a level character in D2. I played it plenty but only ever beat Normal with a Barb and Paladin. Highest level I think I got to was 40ish. Plan on maxing out at least one character in D3 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HotShotX']Aren't we all. I loaded up D2 LOD this week to get some Diablo time in. Good to see my "expired" characters comes out of "expiration" once I run a game with them.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I really wish I had all my characters from back in the day since I recently installed Diablo 2 LOD again as well, none of my accounts were valid anymore. I had 3 full accounts with all characters being lvl 70+. Highest was a 91 Barbarian. I played the fuck out of that game for 3 years straight and loved every minute of it. I can't wait to get sucked back into the Diablo world all over again.

I'm sure my 99 nova sorc is dead and her duped/hacked items (full tal's, that hacked amulet, occy ringsLoL, ist ist occy, wall of the dead, etc) long since deleted. Either way, there was nothing to do in the game except hell cows and meph runs all day. D3 will be a great fresh start, as I haven't touched D2 in eight years.

Supposedly they were planning on beginning to push out invites to the public at the end of this month. That was two weeks ago before they announced the release delay though, so I'm not sure if that holds up anymore.

Chances are I won't get in the beta because Blizzard opened up some free days for WoW post-cataclysm for cancelled accounts and someone hit my account then and it got banned. I didn't play for long after Cataclysm came out so it happened while my account was stuff frozen from quitting and I was able to get it back and restored but I haven't touched it. I'm also not terribly active on their other games currently either.

Hotshot: You can call me Ms. Frizzle. Those wheels go round and round.

[quote name='Draekon']Chances are I won't get in the beta because Blizzard opened up some free days for WoW post-cataclysm for cancelled accounts and someone hit my account then and it got banned. I didn't play for long after Cataclysm came out so it happened while my account was stuff frozen from quitting and I was able to get it back and restored but I haven't touched it. I'm also not terribly active on their other games currently either.[/QUOTE]

Blizzard should do us all a favor and eliminate those free days for cancelled accounts. My WoW account is banned and I'm guessing that's how it happened. Going to give them a call and try to get it unbanned in case it will have on effect on my chances of getting into the beta. I guess the phone authentication is useless because I had that all set up and I was still hacked.

[quote name='HotShotX']Anyone here in the beta? Might as well get this thread rolling something proper.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I got in today, as well as some of my friends. But we had a friend in the business hook us up with invites :)

[quote name='sasukekun']I got in today, as well as some of my friends. But we had a friend in the business hook us up with invites :)[/QUOTE]

I'm your friend.

[quote name='tcrash247']I'm your friend.[/QUOTE]

Me too. :D

Anyway, got my accounts cleared up with Blizzard so hopefully I can get in before too long. The customer service rep did say though that having a WoW account banned will not have an effect on getting into a beta as long as you're opted in.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anyway, got my accounts cleared up with Blizzard so hopefully I can get in before too long. The customer service rep did say though that having a WoW account banned will not have an effect on getting into a beta as long as you're opted in.[/QUOTE]

I hope so since mine was due to someone else gaining access to it during a period when they gave out free time to frozen/canceled accounts. However I do know from experience that the more active you are in their games and community, the higher chance you have of getting in.

Loaded up D2 and having been playing it again the last 2 weeks. At one point I had a lvl98 Orb Sorc years ago before they nerfed her to reduce casting rates. Unfortunately I stayed away from the game too long and she was deleted. Tried playing a sorc again, got up to lvl68, but the double-triple immunes in Hell are no fun. Instead i've been playing the classes I never played much. Got a level 42 Paladin and going to start an Assassin this weekend.

I'm opted-in for the D3 beta and looking forward to trying out the Monk and Witch Doctor classes, hope they pick me for beta access.

I might have to find my copy of 2 and play again. I had me 2 Druids I was working on. On changed into a bear and was based off the one in the guide. I put points in things that took health and was loading weapons up with the skulls I found. The other was a wolf based on the same stats but instead was to do poison damage. Both were working really well and I don't think I had them past level 30. The other was a Necromancer that was I think around 60 or so. All I did was summon with him. Hell I remember crashing the game a few times because I would be in a game with nothing but other people playing the Necromancer and their would be so many summons the server or my PC could not handle it.

Seeing how the Witch Doctor is the closest thing in the game to the Necromancer I really want to try it out. I have been signed up for the beta for a long time. Does anyone know if they will email you and tell you that you are in or do you have to check your battlenet account?

[quote name='sendme']Seeing how the Witch Doctor is the closest thing in the game to the Necromancer I really want to try it out. I have been signed up for the beta for a long time. Does anyone know if they will email you and tell you that you are in or do you have to check your battlenet account?[/QUOTE]

They send out emails, but beware of phishing. I haven't gotten any for D3, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start up, I get a ton for WoW.

I already got a phishing e-mail for Diablo 3 beta. However they sent it to my old battle.net e-mail. I've since updated it to a different one. Here's what it looks like:

Subject: Diablo III beta test invitation!

Body:

Greetings from Blizzard Entertainment!
We’re gearing up for the forthcoming launch of Diablo III and would like to extend you an invitation to
participate in the beta test. If you are interested in participating, you need to have a Battle.net
account, which you can create on our Battle.net website.
We will flag you for access to the Diablo III beta test when we begin admitting press. You do not need to
go through the opt-in process.
To secure your place among the first of Sanctuary’s heroes,Please use the following template below to
verify your account and information via email.
* Name:
* Battle.account name:
* Password:
* E-mail Address:
Thanks and see you all in the Burning Hells!

Header:

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.150.140.14 with SMTP id n14cs65781ybd;
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 00:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.52.173.226 with SMTP id bn2mr2283377vdc.57.1317625292838;
Mon, 03 Oct 2011 00:01:32 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path:
Received: from rf.net ([1.237.21.92])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id dm6si9803752vdc.68.2011.10.03.00.01.28;
Mon, 03 Oct 2011 00:01:32 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 1.237.21.92 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=1.237.21.92;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 1.237.21.92 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Reply-To:
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:01:34 +0800
To:
Subject: Diablo III beta test invitation!
Message-ID:
X-mailer: Foxmail 6, 13, 102, 15 [cn]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="=====003_Dragon503015163612_====="

I just played a little bit of the beta and it's amazing. It's...Diablo. No BS, gimmicks, or anything. It's awesome!

I just looked at the Amazon page for it and got reminded that I pre-ordered this damn game back in May of 2010....

lol...

And I got that ECA credit too, so wondering if I should bother getting the CE... I really don't care for much but the art book and soundtrack might be nice.

It sounds like the same thing the Starcaft CE came with and that doesn't seem worth it. I am a big Diablo fan though so I will chances are buy the CE. I just wish Blizzard would make the CEs worth it.

I always get excited about the CEs but in the end the boxes sit in a closet with most of the stuff inside untouched. I still haven't watched the dvds that came with Wrath, Cataclysm, or SC2. The art books are what I like best, but at the moment I have 3 small children so I don't dare leave books out that I don't want to be drawn in or chewed on.

The USB drive from SC2 is pretty handy and I use it almost every day. The USB drive with D3 doesn't look very practical but the skull base is neat. I hope that they change things up with the Mists of Pandaria expansion.

Blizzard is offering 2,000 D3 beta keys on the Diablo Facebook page. I'm just going to wait to be surprised when it comes out, but a few of us might be lucky enough to get selected.

I just started playing diablo II this past week and am really loving it. I played diablo when I was younger but don't recall much. I'm getting excited for this game :D

I might have to find my copy of II. I have been wanting into the beta for some time now and have yet to get in. Just entered on Facebook for one.

You're Invited: Diablo III Beta Test
Congratulations! You've been selected to participate in the Diablo III beta test.

As a beta test participant, you'll have the chance to check out all five hero classes -- barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, and demon hunter. You'll fight your way through part of Act I and go head-to-skull against the Skeleton King, taking him on alone or cooperatively with other adventurers. You'll also get to meet up with some of the artisans, followers, and other key characters from Sanctuary, and try out the game's skill and crafting systems.

At the same time, you'll be helping us test the stability of the Battle.netВ® service and fine-tune the game balance prior to launch.

We also invite you to share your Diablo III beta experience with the world! All participants can take screen shots, capture video, and/or publicly disclose information about their beta test experience.

We look forward to hearing your feedback, and we'll see you on Battle.net!

Getting Started
1. Log in to Battle.net.
2. Click on the "Account" button.
3. Click on Diablo III Beta game account listed under "Your Game Accounts".
4. Verify your age.
5. Select Windows or Mac as your operating system to download the beta client.
6. Select "Run" when the installation .exe pop-up box appears.

Goodbye spare time... grant it it's only what... level 10? but still....ugh. at least I can stop looking at videos now.

[quote name='slowdive21']I guess I didn't get selected...probably too old. I also do not play WOW, so that could be part of it.[/QUOTE]

Me neither and I've been signed up for that giveaway since it started. Only giving out 200 codes per week is pretty stingy.

Pretty psyched I got in. I never get into betas. I'm always borrowing my friend's beta codes.
Unfortunately it won't let me create a character. Maybe strain on the servers?
Oh well.

How did you find out you were in? I'm guessing I didn't get in as I have no email about it and no message on Facebook. I know it is not much game play with the beta but I would like to get in it.

[quote name='sendme']How did you find out you were in? I'm guessing I didn't get in as I have no email about it and no message on Facebook. I know it is not much game play with the beta but I would like to get in it.[/QUOTE]

Check your Battle.net account. I didn't get an email and just checked my account to find that I am in the beta. :D Downloading the client now...

EDIT: Discovered that the invite somehow ended up in my junk folder. Maybe they are letting everybody in now since my 2nd Battle.net account also has access to the beta.

Got me a nice phishing email today....

Diablo III FREE for 90 Days - Offer Expires December 31

Eligibility: You must be 18 years or older, and October 18, 2011 or before registration of the "World of Warcraft" and you continuously use the full version of accumulated more than three months.

When you get Diablo III, and other exclusive offers, you can download the player as soon as possible. Tyrael's Charger will be available with Patch 4.3, and beta access will go live with the beta launch.

Click on the link below to verify your Battle.net account,you will get: Diablo III FREE for 90 Days。

To read our privacy policy visit: http://www.blizzard.com/privacy.shtml

Blizzard Entertainment
P.O. Box 18979
Irvine, CA 92623

Account & Technical Services
(800) 592-5499
http://www.blizzard.com/suppor

Message-Id:

No doubt they're trying to steal thunder from SWTOR since we just got an email from them yesterday too. Even if I did get in, no way I'd waste my time on it right now. Blizzard can fuck off.

[quote name='Killbomb']Check your Battle.net account. I didn't get an email and just checked my account to find that I am in the beta. :D Downloading the client now...

EDIT: Discovered that the invite somehow ended up in my junk folder. Maybe they are letting everybody in now since my 2nd Battle.net account also has access to the beta.[/QUOTE]

I just checked my battlenet account, but all it says under diablo 3 is "Coming soon" and has a link to visit the community site.

Still no beta for me. I just ended up ordering the CE from BestBuy.com. Amazon.com didn't have it in.

Congrats to everyone who's getting into the beta. After doing an extremely thorough check of email and my Blizzard account I see that it is not my turn......damn it. :lol:

My rage jealousy is pretty high today, back to Skyrim I suppose.

bread's done
Back