Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Jodou - glad that you are perfect and it is all about you.
FYI, Jodou was perfect. Past tense. He lost perfection when he decided to take a crack at grading E3 2013 presentations. Still, give him credit: he's as close as anyone's going to get to perfect, he's fuckin hardcore, and he hates the game you like.

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

The expansion has been announced.  Diablo III: Reaper of Souls http://www.diablofans.com/news/1975-d3s-expansion-reaper-of-souls-was-just-confirmed/  Some newness includes:

New class, The Crusader which is inspired by the Paladin

Level cap raised to 70

New Act, most likely takes place in Westmarch

New vendor that can transmogrify and enchant items

No limit on Paragon level

New Loot Run feature that lets you run a random dungeon with random weather, enemies and boss

I can't say I'm as excited as I would like to be, but I'm interested.  The Crusader looks pretty "meh", I want my fucking Necromancer back.  I'm disappointed we're only getting one new class as opposed to the two from Diablo 2 LoD.  It looks like the new Act is similar to Act 1, which is my favorite from D3, so that's cool with me.  I like the sound of loot runs, but I hope they don't water down the drop chance because it's just a short dungeon.

One interesting thing is that they are going to be buffing the legendary drop rate significantly.  One quote from my link says this about doing an Act 3 run: "Now: 256 white, 399 blue, 275 yellow and one legendary items. Then: 73 white items, 266 blue items, 83 yellow items and 7 legendary items."  Now they just need to change the stat rolls on certain weapons so I can stop getting intelligence on Manticores.

I'll most likely get the expansion, even with all D3's problems, I still had a good amount of fun with it.  I definitely got my moneys worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably pick it up and I agree you definitely get your moneys worth if you enjoyed the game. I had about 200+ hours into. This game was great when the loot was new and when they were throwing out updates for better gear to drop, you actually had a reason to farm. Sadly now its like 25 cents for 10 million gold? Really no incentive to farm when you can spend $5 to steamroll the game.

Damn, I quit this game cold turkey but they want me to come back

• The expansion is called Reaper of Souls.
  • The new, playable, mid-range melee class is The Crusader. Focuses on flails, shields and it is inspired by Diablo II's Paladin. Uses "Wrath" as a resource.
  • The level cap is increased to 70. This means new runes and skills for every class. And hopefully a fresh economy on the AH.
  • Act V (probably Westmarch) will be dark, filled with graveyards.
  • The final boss will be Malthael, the angel of death.
  • New monsters will include some nasty fallen angels like The Seraph, The Summoner of Death, The Executioner or the Death Maiden.
  • New endgame feature - Loot Runs: These runs will be completely random dungeons, with several levels and a random boss at the end. Clearing them would take 15-20 minutes.P
  • A new ally, The Mystic will appear in town. He's capable of rerolling one of the stats on rare and legendary items. Similar to World of Warcraft, he can also transmogrify (change the look of) items.
  • The Paragon level system will be now account wide, and no longer has a cap (you heard it right).

Say goodbye to the Auction House come March 18th, 2014:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls™ will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.

Josh Mosqueira and I wanted to provide everyone with a little more information behind this decision, so please have a look at the video, and stay tuned to this site for further updates in the months ahead.

Wow huge news. They're pretty much throwing everything out the window. New Loot system, new paragon system, no AH. Sounds like a new game

All I know is that Josh Mosqueira must have an easy job considering that he just has to reverse most every decision made by Jay Wilson. It'll probably be another year or two before Josh has to think-up something new beyond the opposite of whatever Jay did. :booty:

Makes sense.  They've already raked in a fortune from it.  Removing it will spur more sales for the upcoming expansion (and possibly generate new D3 sales, too).  And Hearthstone is taking over as their new microtransaction cash cow.

Yea, they really need to change things up if they are removing AH. Hell, AH was only reason i was playing towards the end.
AH got me to start playing. i was able to recover the cost of D3 and Starcraft 2 expansion. I lost interest when my items (which weren't very good to begin with) stopped selling. I was hoping to buy the D3 expansion with BlizzBux, but that won't happen, now. It's a good thing, though, as my priorities for playing were bass ackwards.

I'm not a hardcore player at all, but part of the fun of playing Diablo 2 was finding rare/set items.  I never even beat the game on anything other than normal.  The low level rare items I was able to find, along with trying different builds, was enough for me.  I'm in Act 3 of Inferno of Diablo 3 and neither my brother nor I have seen a single legendary or set item yet.  Ridiculous, and also means that I have no desire to even try playing with a different character class.  I don't think I'll waste my time playing again unless I hear feedback that the upcoming changes have  seriously and impressively changed the way drops are done.

I'm not a hardcore player at all, but part of the fun of playing Diablo 2 was finding rare/set items. I never even beat the game on anything other than normal. The low level rare items I was able to find, along with trying different builds, was enough for me. I'm in Act 3 of Inferno of Diablo 3 and neither my brother nor I have seen a single legendary or set item yet. Ridiculous, and also means that I have no desire to even try playing with a different character class. I don't think I'll waste my time playing again unless I hear feedback that the upcoming changes have seriously and impressively changed the way drops are done.

Don't worry, when you do get a set item or legendary it won't do your character any good at all. The last time i played i got 3 set pieces in a 5 minute window, but they were all junk.

Don't worry, when you do get a set item or legendary it won't do your character any good at all. The last time i played i got 3 set pieces in a 5 minute window, but they were all junk.
This right here.

Diablo 3 made item finding extremely easy, but most of the items are crap. While Diablo 2 made item finding, such as finding 3 legendary/set items, take hours upon hours. Then you would finally find one .... and it'd be crap.

This right here.

Diablo 3 made item finding extremely easy, but most of the items are crap. While Diablo 2 made item finding, such as finding 3 legendary/set items, take hours upon hours. Then you would finally find one .... and it'd be crap.
I think you mixed up the numbers. I found at least 1 decent unique every other run in Diablo 2 but it takes forever to get a shit legendary in Diablo 3.

I can't argue the shit legendaries in D3. Yet what are we talking about. Every other run finding a decent unique you can use or trade? Not to mention have to trade a full window of them to get a bump up to the next level of items. Heck most of those items were just dropped on the ground in "free games" for a reason.

Think of it, where are you in the game? Searching for items for the Wizard you have 100 hours in? Right now you are trying to find that 250 ed 6os eth colossus and runes to match to make yourself better. Welcome to what D2 was as well, an item search for something you will never find.

I don't know what you're talking about, that's what I was saying.  You said it was easier to find legendaries in D3 than D2 and I was disagreeing.

It's cool they're trying to improve the game and all, but it's too little too late for me at least.  Blizzard has just lost me as a customer for the time being.

The patch seems interesting, hopefully they give us a release date at blizzcon and maybe tell us stuff we don't know. The new itemization or Loot 2.0 will decide if I get the expansion though.

Apparently patch 2.0.1 goes live tomorrow (02/25/2014) after maintenance.

Here's a great Reddit post about Everything you need to be ready for Reaper of Souls

FOR DIABLO 3 VANILLA:

• Paragon 2.0 - Paragon levels are account wide instead of character specific. Each paragon level gives you a point to place in an attribute category. More info here here.
  • Loot 2.0 - Loot is receiving a massive overhaul. Stat rolls on items are being tightened (75-100 vs 1-100) to make more items potentially good for you. Legendaries are receiving unique, build changing attributes. A new Smart Drop system is implemented to make more items that drop relevant to the class you are playing. Drop rates have been scaled back (quality over quantity) to stop the flood of mostly-useless items. Legendaries are also Bind on Account, but can be traded to friends who are within the same game as you when the item drops. There is a 2 hour time limit for the item to be traded, after which it is bound to you. Crafting has also been both simplified and expanded. You can check out a WIP list of the legendaries that will find in Patch 2.0 and in Reaper of Souls here.
  • Clans and Communities - There are two new ways to interact with other players. You can be a part of a clan, which has a specific clan chat and clan notifications. You can only be a part of one clan at a time, and each clan has a cap of 120 members. You can also be a part of as many communities as you want, which are basically custom chat communities that have no member limit. You can read more about them here.
  • Difficulty Changes - The old Difficulty system has been thrown out, and now has been replaced by a new system. Monsters in game will constantly scale with your level. On top of that, you can adjust the difficulty by choosing the difficulty mode, ranging from Normal to Torment 6, for increased experience and rewards.
  • Reworked Skills - In line with the new items and other game changes, many skills have been reworked. Many have gained an elemental damage type and others have been scaled up or changed so that all the runes of each skill are a lot more viable than before.

You can download the patch now. It's about 3.5GB if you've been doing the 'download future patch data' stuff via the Battle.net client.

Gee, sounds like what they should have released in the first place. They can just give it to me free as reparations.
Amen brother! On PTR/Beta it felt a lot like the fixed console versions only even more fixed. It still won't be for everyone but I also think that a lot of people have forgotten that Diablo II wasn't all that good until after a lot of patches and especially the expansion.

Whelp, maintenance runs until 11AM PST so, in typical Blizzard fashion, see you guys tomorrow when it's actually up and working. :booty:

You know what I hated about the Battle Net client? It doesn't tell you how much or how long your download is when its downloading a future patch. Just shows a blue spinning circle ~_~.

Heres a summary of whats suppose to change with the new patch

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11885008402#7

Anyway.. my D3 is reconfiguring game files so hopefully I don't have to download anymore updates. I wanted to test out the new patch to help me decide on RoS

You know what I hated about the Battle Net client? It doesn't tell you how much or how long your download is when its downloading a future patch. Just shows a blue spinning circle ~_~.
Did you double check that your 'future patch download' speed didn't reset in the client settings? It has a nasty habit of doing so when the client updates. (doesn't solve the no info bit but still be sure to check that whenever the client updates)

I just realized something.  That post for Loot 2.0 says drops are being scaled back?  I barely got any legendaries as it was, now I'll get less?  fuck that noise, this game can go to hell.

I just realized something. That post for Loot 2.0 says drops are being scaled back? I barely got any legendaries as it was, now I'll get less? fuck that noise, this game can go to hell.
Scaled back from PTR/Beta not Live vanilla 1.8.

The game is now tuned towards self-found and it is not stingy with legendaries unless the RNG just hates you that session.

Did you double check that your 'future patch download' speed didn't reset in the client settings? It has a nasty habit of doing so when the client updates. (doesn't solve the no info bit but still be sure to check that whenever the client updates)
Didn't know it did that, mine is still set on unlimited, but thanks for the tip.

Alright the client finished reconfiguring. Took a little over an hour and there was a 33 mb patch right after.

Well I only tried it out for an hour, but I definitely like the changes that Ive seen so far. Found a legendary ring like 5 minutes in haha. Not really motivated to paly though since all the gear I find will be irrelevant in a month.

Well I only tried it out for an hour, but I definitely like the changes that Ive seen so far. Found a legendary ring like 5 minutes in haha. Not really motivated to paly though since all the gear I find will be irrelevant in a month.
I can't believe they're raising the level cap. Sure, they do it in WoW all the time, but Blizzard is having a tough understanding that this game is not WoW. LoD was great because you got new gear to compliment your old gear. Hell, most of the old gear was still better than the new stuff. But Blizzard is intent on making all your progress and gearing completely worthless.

So, I was one of the games biggest critics way back when. That being said, myself and three other friends decided to give it a shot again after the new patch. We had an absolute blast and wound up playing until 4AM. I really like the new difficulty changes, and it's actually fun to find gear now. In the four hours that we played, we found roughly seven legendaries.

bread's done
Back