Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

Berate me if needed, but what are the preorder extras/bonuses?

edit: i just set my laziness aside and looked it up. is this it???

Reaper-of-Souls.jpg

i'll probably get it, anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, i launched it. Any takers on joining me on this masochistic play through.
Search for the "Brawny Coconuts" clan (make sure to set the language to "British English"). That's where we're hanging out. I can't promise that we're heavily active but at least we're all CAGs.

:whee:

Just curious...Do you guys run through the game as fast as possible and pick up stuff and not redistribute when done? That is the main reason I stopped playing Diablo 2. No one would actually play the game or share the wealth.

Well, everyone gets their own individual loot, and now that your drops are catered to your specific class, there really isn't a reason or need to "redistribute" drops. I just farm with friends and usually we just all sell/salvage our own stuff when we're done. The only things that really get passed around are legendary items that our particular character may not need.

My friends quit D3 a long time ago, and I wouldn't mind playing with some cags.

Heres my handle:

Neughkanice#1188

Feel free to add/accept me

Berate me if needed, but what are the preorder extras/bonuses?

edit: i just set my laziness aside and looked it up. is this it???

Reaper-of-Souls.jpg

i'll probably get it, anyway...
I think the wings are pretty cool... They look better than the CE wings but obviously will be nowhere near as rare and, honestly, I don't think you can berate Blizzard too much. Its nearly impossible to make good preorder/CE bonus for a loot/hack game. (Anything give will quickly become junk.)

[quote name="INMATEofARKHAM" post="11627240" timestamp="1395338611"]I think the wings are pretty cool... They look better than the CE wings but obviously will be nowhere near as rare and, honestly, I don't think you can berate Blizzard too much. Its nearly impossible to make good preorder/CE bonus for a loot/hack game. (Anything give will quickly become junk.)[/quote]

I agree. I was just expecting...more. I don't know what. Just more. Not like it is swaying me one way or the other - I'm getting the expansion.

I agree. I was just expecting...more. I don't know what. Just more. Not like it is swaying me one way or the other - I'm getting the expansion.
they can give something like a permanent 10% reduced cost from all vendors, including all crafting vendors.

payday 2 had a similar preorder bonus.

You also get packs of cards in Hearthstone for buying it.  It's different numbers of packs for different versions of the game, but I forget the details.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407841/

This +100% Bonus XP period ends on Monday, March 24 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time.

Good luck, have fun, and we'll see you back here on Monday at 9:00 p.m. Pacific for the official launch of Reaper of Souls
So assuming the servers don't fail at launch, you could have 3 hours of 100% bonus XP for leveling 60-70? Or did they mean some launch party bs for 3 hours lol

man, i found a 1200 dps 2-hander legendary sword yesterday...with MINUS 22 LEVEL REQUIREMENT!

ive NEVER seen a number so high for that stat.

i rolled ANOTHER barb just so I could use it.

got to level 38 and plowed my way to level 48 real fast in torment 1 with that weapon. 

9PM PDT is midnight EDT.
I know, I'm just not sure if that 9PM Pacific thing means they're going to have some kind of launch kickoff, or if they're actually going to release it at that time. Blizzard usually releases stuff at 12AM Pacific, so 3AM Eastern.

I know, I'm just not sure if that 9PM Pacific thing means they're going to have some kind of launch kickoff, or if they're actually going to release it at that time. Blizzard usually releases stuff at 12AM Pacific, so 3AM Eastern.
Ah, sorry, I thought your question was basic timezone one. I don't know, but it sure sounds like they switched the release to midnight EDT (much nicer than 3AM for east coasters). I know in Europe it's releasing at midnight CET, hours ahead of the US release.

Aah here. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407839/reaper-of-souls%E2%84%A2-launch-day-preparation-21-03-2014

• For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
    3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
  • 2:00 a.m. CST on March 25

[*]For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
  • 23:00 GMT on March 24
  • 00:00 CET on March 25
  • 01:00 EET on March 25
  • 03:00 MSK on March 25

[*]For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play on 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
  • 10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
  • 11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
  • 12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
  • 1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
  • 1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
  • 12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
  • 3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25

Sweet, thanks for taking the time to find that info. Got a nice little bonus today from a client so I'll be grabbing the expansion after all. It'll be nice to be able to play right at midnight and not have to wait until 3AM.

That's really surprising considering the last bunch of Blizzard games didn't launch until 12 PDT.
This would give them an early start on resolving any issues...

Quick question(s)

1) Where do people usually grind for XP and loot? (I have about 9 more levels to go to hit 60.)

2) What classes do people recommend after the Demon Hunter?

Other stuff... Complaint really.

I bumped the difficulty up to expert (Third from the left) and really the only thing it seemed to do was make killing everything take much, much, longer... And also reminded me of one of the issues I had with the game.

Why in hell is the bindings for the first two skills locked? (I cannot imagine too many people wanting to change them... BUT I would like to change them. I use multishot allot (right mouse button) but due to my Marvel Heroes days I would rather that be a keyboard key as I would really like a defensive skill on that mouse button.

Also...

Combat, I cannot help but think it feels a bit "old" after playing Marvel Heroes for so long... When you have a skill (with every character) that lets you slide through enemies mobs so you don't get pinned in place its hard to enjoy a game that doesn't feature it... (I just feel like deaths aren't so much my fault as well as simply bad luck and/or nothing that could be done to keep it from happening.)

Now, if the DH has such a skill... Please let me know. I must admit I haven't played around with every skill.

You can change skill bindings. In the game settings menu it's called Elective Mode. Its under Options -> Gameplay.

I enjoy my barbarian build a bit more than I thought I would. Something about swinging a giant axe with reckless abandon is quite entertaining.

Combat, I cannot help but think it feels a bit "old" after playing Marvel Heroes for so long... When you have a skill (with every character) that lets you slide through enemies mobs so you don't get pinned in place its hard to enjoy a game that doesn't feature it... (I just feel like deaths aren't so much my fault as well as simply bad luck and/or nothing that could be done to keep it from happening.)

Now, if the DH has such a skill... Please let me know. I must admit I haven't played around with every skill.
http://www.diablowiki.net/Vault

You can change skill bindings. In the game settings menu it's called manual mode (or something like that). I'm not at my PC to tell you exactly what it's called. I enjoy my barbarian build a bit more than I thought I would. Something about swinging a giant axe with reckless abandon is quite entertaining.
I'll look around some more... I found the keybinding options but mouse 1 and 2 are greyed out. (They also are the only ability that cannot be bound to another key.)

Barbarian... Pretty sure I'll do that one next.

Pretty sure I tried that... Not sure if I didn't like it or I got rid of it as I unlocked another skill... Like Elusive Fire.

Anyhow, I'll give it another try.

Well, its not much... and you have to go to Gamestop but they have a 15% off code that I just used on Reaper of Souls. It valid on store pick up.

Code: paypal15
And I just got this email from them...

Dear Adam,

Our records indicate you recently placed order (Order Number) using coupon code PAYPAL15. Unfortunately this coupon was only eligible for items being shipped to your home. We would invite you to replace the order to ship to your home. You will not be charged at any time for the previous order.

Since the code you used previously used is no longer in use, you may use the following one-time use coupon in its place:

FU-GAMESTOP

Please note that the items must be currently in stock and shipping to your home. This code will not be applicable on orders containing bundles, systems, time cards, membership cards, DLC, or gift cards.

To apply a coupon code it must be entered into the field provided on the "Shopping Cart" page. The field is located under the items listed in the shopping cart. Simply copy the coupon code and paste it in the Promotional Code field and click "Apply". If for any reason the code does not apply, please reply to this email for further assistance.

Always remember that we are here for you. Just reply to this email or you can reach us 7 days a week, 8am – 8pm CST at 800-883-8895.

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop.com
I so hate these assholes...

I bumped the difficulty up to expert (Third from the left) and really the only thing it seemed to do was make killing everything take much, much, longer... And also reminded me of one of the issues I had with the game.
Until you change the difficulty to one of the Torment levels, there is no effect on drops. Normal, Hard, Expert, and Master only offer increased XP and Gold gains the higher you go. Once you bump to Torment 1-6, your Legendary drop rate increases. Bumping the difficulty also obviously increases monster health and damage for all of them.

Honestly, you have to decide what you want to farm for. If you want XP, put the difficulty as high as you can manage. If you want gear, put that shit on Normal and crush everything as fast as possible (aside from the higher Legendary drop rate in the Torments, the quality of gear is the same as that in Normal).

As far as good places to farm. COTA runs are solid, Wretched Mother runs are pretty good, and doing the last part of the Core of Arreat is pretty amazing as well since monster density is really high. COTA and Arreat also have a good number of Elite and Champion mobs. Wretched Mothers can have some as well, but not as much as the other two.

Honestly, you have to decide what you want to farm for. If you want XP, put the difficulty as high as you can manage. If you want gear, put that shit on Normal and crush everything as fast as possible (aside from the higher Legendary drop rate in the Torments, the quality of gear is the same as that in Normal).
Yeah, Torment isn't really a possibility as I'm not 60 yet... Up to 57 (or nearly to it) and I settled for just playing the game on hard and replaying the campaign... Wasn't really sure what else to do till I saw your post. Maybe I'll skip ahead... Though there is still allot of Act 1 achievements I don't have do to missing stuff... or it just no spawning on my first playthrough.

Now, I know why I don't have this skill... I use the Mark for Death skill. Maybe I'll look into swapping it out.

I made lv60 for the first time last night.  In 2-player coop with difficulty on Expert, we hit 60 a bit into Act 3. (lv1-50 under the 50% XP Boost, the rest under this weekend's 100% XP Boost).  

Being my first playthrough I've want to simply enjoy/savor it.  Normal is easy-peasy, Hard is better but still left me feeling overpowered, so I settled on Expert (the highest I could set) which is closer to my desired challenge.  Interestingly unlocking Torment (by hitting 60) unlocked Master (which should be unlocked by completing act 4).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

PC DIFFICULTY LEVELS

• Normal: 100% Health, 100% Damage, 0% extra gold bonus, 0% extra XP bonus
  • Hard: 200% Health, 130% Damage, +75% extra gold bonus, 75% extra XP bonus
  • Expert: 320% Health, 189% Damage, 100% extra gold bonus, 100% extra XP bonus
  • Master: 512% Health, 273% Damage, 200% extra gold bonus, 200% extra XP bonus
  • Torment I: 819% Health, 396% Damage, 300% extra gold bonus, 300% extra XP bonus
  • Torment II: 1311% Health, 575% Damage, 400% extra gold bonus, 400% extra XP bonus
  • Torment III: 2097% Health, 833% Damage, 550% extra gold bonus, 550% extra XP bonus
  • Torment IV: 3355% Health, 1208% Damage, 800% extra gold bonus, 800% extra XP bonus
  • Torment V: 5369% Health, 1752% Damage, 1150% extra gold bonus, 1150% extra XP bonus
  • Torment VI: 8590% Health, 2540% Damage, 1600% extra gold bonus, 1600% extra XP bonus

Thanks to the XP buffs and various old XP exploits I've now got two Wizards, a Monk, a DH, a Barb, and a WD all to 60 and relatively geared out in HC. All except my Monk are able to efficiently farm T3. Also went ahead and deleted all of my SC character since there isn't a reason to play them now that the AH is dead. HC only from here on out.

I mostly play Marvel Heroes as well and I also thought it sucked not having a movement ability in Diablo after spamming the shit out of it on every hero in MH. But yeah, try Vault for the DH, it's basically the same as the movement abilities in MH.

my only beef so far with this loot2.0 business is that NONE of my drops have Magic Find as a stat. It's like it's disappeared...
I've found one item at least... Though it was a long time ago. (Its a legendary so I know it was post loot 2.0 patch)

Anyone check the official forums lately? So much rage over the EXP nerf lol
What happened? Did they nerf exp today? I hope not, I have 7 more levels to go on my Demon Hunter.
Hope not to, I barely got any sleep this weekend, need to level more before bonus exp is gone
It seems to be pre XP bonus week/weekend... (The 100% is still going on.)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12203750339

They reduced the amount of EXP given to you from monsters with below average health pools, so for Act 3 all those little skeletons and scorpions give less EXP.

Thanks to the XP buffs and various old XP exploits I've now got two Wizards, a Monk, a DH, a Barb, and a WD all to 60 and relatively geared out in HC. All except my Monk are able to efficiently farm T3. Also went ahead and deleted all of my SC character since there isn't a reason to play them now that the AH is dead. HC only from here on out.
Nice I play 80/20 hc/sc...what's ur battle tag? I'm on Americas server

So I've gotten back into this in the last few weeks after a long time away. I'm not a fully decked out player by any means but I do have 3 lvl 60's. My best one is a 58K dmg 1mil toughness Barb. My other two 60's are a WD and a Monk but they aren't as powerful as my barb. Anyways my username is in the OP but we have a group on CAG now I think? What do I need to search for to find it? Just looking to play with some others every once in a while.

Anyone can feel free to add me - bubzers#1438

Be warned: I'm casual, at best, with this. I've got a Monk in the 40s and a Barb in the 30s...

Update: Barb at 60, Monk in 40s and a Crusader in 30s

Digitally Pre-ordered and ready to go for the 9 PM PST launch. Probably going to hit 70 on my wizard then farm and slowly level a crusader

So I've gotten back into this in the last few weeks after a long time away. I'm not a fully decked out player by any means but I do have 3 lvl 60's. My best one is a 58K dmg 1mil toughness Barb. My other two 60's are a WD and a Monk but they aren't as powerful as my barb. Anyways my username is in the OP but we have a group on CAG now I think? What do I need to search for to find it? Just looking to play with some others every once in a while.
Hello!

Search for "Brawny Coconuts" (our tag is <BGCQ>) and you'll find us. I'm told you'll need to search in the "British English" language section to find us; I set up the clan so you'll have to bend to my rule.

:whee:

P.s. Pre-ordered RoS over the weekend. I'd feel bad about it but I've played hardly anything else for the last two weeks so I've not been spending spare cash, so it kinda evens out.

P.p.s. Dem pre-order wings sure are purdy.

bread's done
Back