Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

I just bought Diablo 2 again because of all this talk....

Weird thing is I reactivated my battle.net account while installing Diablo 2, somehow my old WoW account (Not played since 2009) got immediately hacked. Within minutes, some of my old characters got charged to move to another server. The weird thing is the credit card they were charged to was not one I recognize. Then I got a message that my account was shut down for suspicious activity. I contacted Blizzard, but they had fixed it all before I even noticed the emails. Good job on their end, but certainly weird.

My battle.net account had a different password and login than my WoW though so I thought that odd, though I know they are tied together.

It took 2 days to actually get in to the beta due to all the server errors, but once I did I found out it's still Diablo-ass Diablo, but prettier. To be honest, it doesn't look much better than Titan Quest to me overall, and it still holds onto a few tired mechanics of a genre it helped define (I like Torchlight's one item per box system, and there's - so far as I can tell at Level 8 - no quick way to junk vendor trash yet). It's pretty, it has some good interface ideas and hey, achievements, but I'm not feeling like this is the game that's been 10 years in the making.

Okay, I'm now giddy since I just finished downloading the beta...don't think I've touched my PC for gaming in months. Sorry if anyone thinks this is rubbing it in....not trying to, but this will probably be the game to bring me back to the PC.

Has there been any word on any good news on this of late? Once it was announced that there would be no LAN play and that even the single player requires internet access I pretty much lost all interest.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It took 2 days to actually get in to the beta due to all the server errors, but once I did I found out it's still Diablo-ass Diablo, but prettier. To be honest, it doesn't look much better than Titan Quest to me overall, and it still holds onto a few tired mechanics of a genre it helped define (I like Torchlight's one item per box system, and there's - so far as I can tell at Level 8 - no quick way to junk vendor trash yet). It's pretty, it has some good interface ideas and hey, achievements, but I'm not feeling like this is the game that's been 10 years in the making.[/QUOTE]

You get a cauldron later so you can quickly turn the vendor trash into gold. It's not in the beta as of yet though.

Like the beta....sorry that it ends after about level 10. That's my only real complaint. Guess I can go back to the PS3 until this comes out, although I may try going through with each character type. 3 hours of beta is about all for a play through and i was trying to explore about everything.

[quote name='jmbreci']Source please.[/QUOTE]

Lol I was only kidding about the delay.....but it's been pushed back AGAIN :cold: seen it on ign

[quote name='Gannikus']Lol I was only kidding about the delay.....but it's been pushed back AGAIN :cold: seen it on ign[/QUOTE]

It hasnt been pushed back as there has never been a set release, they're just tweaking some core mechanics. Still, I wouldn't expect to see the game until summer at the earliest.

That said, the people working on this game seem to have some serious OCD. They constantly have to change or tweak something, to the point that the game has been taking ages to complete. It doesnt matter what it is, they seem to feel like they need to change things daily. Just release the damn thing and get it over with.

I'm excited, but I will wait for the battlechest, unless I can get a CE on clearance somewhere. D2 is one of my favorite games, but I am not happy about the bright colors in D3. I will never play WOW for 2 reasons: Pay to play and the colors/art.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm excited, but I will wait for the battlechest, unless I can get a CE on clearance somewhere. D2 is one of my favorite games, but I am not happy about the bright colors in D3. I will never play WOW for 2 reasons: Pay to play and the colors/art.[/QUOTE]

I hate this complaint and will never understand it. You people act like you ride unicorns and shoot candy filled rainbows at stuffed animals. So the lighting atmosphere isn't super dark 100% of the time, is it that big of a deal? Most of Act 2 and Act 4 in Diablo 2 weren't super dismal. And have you seen the amount of blood and grotesque shit in this game? It's Blizzard, they know what they're doing with Diablo.

[quote name='tcrash247']I hate this complaint and will never understand it. You people act like you ride unicorns and shoot candy filled rainbows at stuffed animals. So the lighting atmosphere isn't super dark 100% of the time, is it that big of a deal? Most of Act 2 and Act 4 in Diablo 2 weren't super dismal. And have you seen the amount of blood and grotesque shit in this game? It's Blizzard, they know what they're doing with Diablo.[/QUOTE]

But the gamma isn't right dude.

[quote name='SEH']It hasnt been pushed back as there has never been a set release, they're just tweaking some core mechanics. Still, I wouldn't expect to see the game until summer at the earliest.

That said, the people working on this game seem to have some serious OCD. They constantly have to change or tweak something, to the point that the game has been taking ages to complete. It doesnt matter what it is, they seem to feel like they need to change things daily. Just release the damn thing and get it over with.[/QUOTE]

When swtor came out, they said it was gonna be out March 2012...

[quote name='tcrash247']I hate this complaint and will never understand it. You people act like you ride unicorns and shoot candy filled rainbows at stuffed animals. So the lighting atmosphere isn't super dark 100% of the time, is it that big of a deal? Most of Act 2 and Act 4 in Diablo 2 weren't super dismal. And have you seen the amount of blood and grotesque shit in this game? It's Blizzard, they know what they're doing with Diablo.[/QUOTE]

I am not part of any of the online groups or anything, I am just saying to me it doesn't have the same feel as the other games in the series. Just like warcraft 3 doesn't feel like it's predecessors.

[quote name='SEH']But the gamma isn't right dude.[/QUOTE]

It's not the gamma. It is the mood of the series.

I don't really know how to explain it other than I don't like how it looks.

I don't really like Bioshock Infinite's art either. It doesn't look like Bioshock (and Bioshock is my favorite game of all time...It dethroned Diablo II)

This game can't come out soon enough, or at least a beta invite. Most anticipated game for me by far. I'm guessing summer at the earliest, too. I'd take a late May release, but with all the changes lately, seems unlikely. Here's hoping.

[quote name='Gannikus']We should have known never to trust blizzards BS....[/QUOTE]

What BS? All they ever said was early 2012 and it's still early 2012. They never officially said this was being pushed back any further, they just gave an update on what they're doing.

Anyome upgrading there computer for this? I have my old hp laptop that ran d2 fine but I'm not sure if it'll keep up, anyone find any decent prices on laptops for d3

People have posted on the Diablo III Facebook page that in some countries it will be in March. The stickers that come on games now that say "DO NOT SELL TILL" have been made with a date in March. If it is to be the first quarter of 2012 then March is it. Early 2012 to me could be anytime till April.

[quote name='SEH']But the gamma isn't right dude.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's your complaint? The "gamma" isn't right. You're saying that you are not going to buy the game because according to your playing of the beta, the "gamma" isn't right in your eyes? So, great game play, bad gamma - thus the game sucks.

To each his own, but that is (by far) the craziest reason I have ever heard for someone saying they were not going to purchase a game.

BTW - are you still using the same monitor that you played D2 on?

[quote name='jmbreci']Really? That's your complaint? The "gamma" isn't right. You're saying that you are not going to buy the game because according to your playing of the beta, the "gamma" isn't right in your eyes? So, great game play, bad gamma - thus the game sucks.

To each his own, but that is (by far) the craziest reason I have ever heard for someone saying they were not going to purchase a game.

BTW - are you still using the same monitor that you played D2 on?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty certain he was being sarcastic.

Quick question regarding Battle.net: does anyone who still has their old copies of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 know a sure-fire way to play online? I tried following several port forwarding guides for these games and the first one still doesn't want to work. My friend got it to work, though, which made me a little frustrated. One of the few games I haven't been able to figure out how to set up my router.

Port forwarding is actually pretty simple. Did you give yourself a static IP address on your computer? And then is the port opening and forwarding (often the same in residential routers) pointing that port to the static IP you set for your computer?

You also can't have the same port trying to forward to other devices when you only have one public/external IP address.

Hey guys, just got a beta invite in my email inbox.

Problem is, I don't have time to play it right now. Is it possible for me to send this invite to someone else? I was gonna hit up my friends and see if they wanted to try it out, but not sure if I can pass my beta slot to them? Short of just giving them my account name and password at least.

Ruahrc

No, the only invites you can give/trade away are the ones gained at conventions. The invites sent directly through Blizzard via email are automatically applied to your account.

On that note, both I and a friend got into the beta too.

[quote name='Draekon']No, the only invites you can give/trade away are the ones gained at conventions. The invites sent directly through Blizzard via email are automatically applied to your account.

On that note, both I and a friend got into the beta too.[/QUOTE]

And Blizzard still hates me. This is the first Blizzard beta since vanilla WoW that neither me nor my 3 friends received an invite.

i know its not much consolation, but you're really not missing much. its very short and all the classes play pretty much the same. (even the sorc's spells scale based on the weapon you have).

More or less, yeah. Although I'm wondering if the beta achievement & their rewards carry over into retail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an invite today, but when I got in after fully downloading it, it was laggy as hell. Totally unplayable. Ill wait till tomorrow.

Try disabling the peer to peer launcher. It doesn't make it completely go away, but it makes it a hell of a lot more playable. If you are unable to run the launcher again because the game instantly loads up, try moving the Diablo 3 Launcher.exe to another folder, run it and back out, then move it back and run Diablo 3 like normal. It should allow you to turn off the downloader again.

My latency went from 2000 or so to 200. Though it won't take away all your problems and lag/disconnects will likely continue for a couple days since this invite wave included 100,000 people.

[quote name='crystalklear64']i know its not much consolation, but you're really not missing much. its very short and all the classes play pretty much the same. (even the sorc's spells scale based on the weapon you have).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured that but I've been waiting for this game since I stopped playing Diablo 2. Hell, I played the Diablo 2 demo like crazy before I actually bought the game.

Any idea as to when the beta invites will stop? I have been wanting in for a long time and I have it set up on battle.net that I am interested in the beta. I have yet to get it however from what I read it might not be all that great.

well damn I signed up for beta last year but never check my account to see if I got accepted lol damn now I dont even know my password lol

[quote name='strikeratt']I don't understand the people saying the darkness of the game is off ... it's pretty damn dark to me[/QUOTE]
theres a difference in lack of brightness and "dark." a lot of it has to do with the color palette and WoW-influenced artstyle. luckily, you can change that palette with direct3d. you cannot, however, change the artstyle. (or the voice acting -_-)

Alas, I wasn't one of the lucky 100k beta hopefuls. Not to date myself, but I was in the Diablo 2 beta. While it would be nice to repeat history, I guess patience is its own reward.

I signed up for the star wars beta and thought I never got in. I just fount out that my invite was sent to my bioware social account. I received an email around the time the message was sent saying I had a message but could not log into my account and when I was able to I saw no message under messages. Now the damn thing is there. I missed out on that beta and with the way my invite went with that I'm now wondering how I would know if I was to get one to Diablo III.

I have read that some do not even get an email. So for everyone that got in the beta does it pop up on the first page of battle.net after you log in or do you have to go and look under your game accounts?

[quote name='sendme']I signed up for the star wars beta and thought I never got in. I just fount out that my invite was sent to my bioware social account. I received an email around the time the message was sent saying I had a message but could not log into my account and when I was able to I saw no message under messages. Now the damn thing is there. I missed out on that beta and with the way my invite went with that I'm now wondering how I would know if I was to get one to Diablo III.

I have read that some do not even get an email. So for everyone that got in the beta does it pop up on the first page of battle.net after you log in or do you have to go and look under your game accounts?[/QUOTE]

Your game accounts page is the page that shows up right after you log in. It is for me anyway.

Well mine shows Diablo 3 under my game accounts, but all that is in there is a link to the community site :/

[quote name='Waughoo']Well mine shows Diablo 3 under my game accounts, but all that is in there is a link to the community site :/[/QUOTE]

Mine is the same way.

bread's done
Back