Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

I'm uploading one of the vids now, where this guy that sounds like high pitched eric from howard stern is debating about avengers with the guy who jealous ranted on the CE (the guy in orange)

I used to do midnight launches all the time just to people watch. Its hard to believe some of the people who come out truly exist. I know I'm a nerd, but some of these people take that shit to the next level.

ok lets see if this works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ZihKJip-I

and

The D2 CE I got for 10 shipped from a wishful no picture/description auction
IMG_20120515_021123.jpg

Panzer that is a good assessment, as they also discussed magic cards, and yes I play magic off and on too :p since 1995, I just keep this stuff hidden when I go out then i befriend people and get them into it, my gf learned too late when she was trapped with me by her emotions :) Now she is into Naruto, bleach, and gears of war

[quote name='panzerfaust']christ, that video is every Magic the Gathering tournament I've ever been to. the hell is that girl wearing? a corset over a t-shirt?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Corset stretched to the max.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Aaaaaaand the servers are busy. I half expected this.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I fully expected it so I'm not too annoyed. I'm sure things will be running much more smoothly soon enough. The initial onrush of players is massive, and even if planned for it's likely to cause serious issues. Yes, people may say Blizzard should have gotten everything ready better, but I believe they did the best they could given the circumstances.

Do I sound like a PR person or what? Remain calm and carry on! :D

At least I'm best buds with error 37!

Edit: Hell, even Battle.net has crashed into maintenance. Woo. Just imagine the crushing load of people clicking clicking clicking away. Haha. Kind of funny when you think about it.

[quote name='TLPRIME']The Offical Diablo 3 forums were comedy gold until they busted as well. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went in and clicked around for awhile laughing at all the threads. Oh well. I'm still feeling positive that I'll be able to play before 4 am.

:cool:

Only biggest pre-order ever? From the biggest company with the biggest mmo? No reason to buy servers or make sure it will work. This is not some indie bundle update game this is the biggest pc game ever? And they can't get it to turn on.

[quote name='Logg']Only biggest pre-order ever? From the biggest company with the biggest mmo? No reason to buy servers or make sure it will work. This is not some indie bundle update game this is the biggest pc game ever? And they can't get it to turn on.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, my best guess is Blizzard doesn't want to overbuy capacity that in two or three days they won't need anymore. Setting up servers and whatnot probably isn't trivial, and they know that the customers will come back whether or not the game launches smoothly.

Sure that makes sense but I just cracked open another beer and so pumped to play took time off of work watched Iron Man 2 been a hell of a night.

[quote name='Logg']Sure that makes sense but I just cracked open another beer and so pumped to play took time off of work watched Iron Man 2 been a hell of a night.[/QUOTE]

A beer is a great idea. I'm starting to get sleepy now that I'm just hurrying up and waiting.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Honestly, my best guess is Blizzard doesn't want to overbuy capacity that in two or three days they won't need anymore. Setting up servers and whatnot probably isn't trivial, and they know that the customers will come back whether or not the game launches smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that you can RENT servers to handle logon bottleneck capacity.

Edit: I'm not angry, but there is always planning that can be done.

I'm giving up trying to get in. Looks like I'm going to pop in a blu-ray and then off to bed. Good luck to those who are still trying.

[quote name='joker______']Is anyone having any issues installing the game? I've been in the setup files bar for 2 hours now with no end in sight.[/QUOTE]

I had to go into the disc and run the setup as admin, before it was stuck but now chugging along

Well i got in after being stuck on character creation forever. My friends still can't get past login though. And here I am waiting for them before I play any... Good Guy TLPRIME

[quote name='Theenternal']I had to go into the disc and run the setup as admin, before it was stuck but now chugging along[/QUOTE]
I quit after being stuck for 3+ hours and to be honest I had to same issues that I had to run the disc from the drive instead of it setting up automatically like a normal game. Hopefully later on it will be better if not I'll be rather pissed throughout the day. Night everyone.

Maybe by tonight all the issues will be fixed so all I have to do is install it then maybe tomorrow night I can player it.

[quote name='Logg']Only biggest pre-order ever? From the biggest company with the biggest mmo? No reason to buy servers or make sure it will work. This is not some indie bundle update game this is the biggest pc game ever? And they can't get it to turn on.[/QUOTE]

They don't care if they anger you, because the people that day-1 buy this are going to day-1 buy it no matter what.

It's been 8 years since Half-Life 2 had launch problems and absolutely nothing has changed. Whenever you have a big name title for the PC (and increasingly for the consoles - see Battlefield 3), you will have server problems right out of the gate. It's really pathetic.

If anyone could hook a fellow CAGer up with a guest pass, it'd be greatly appreciated. I've never played Diablo and I want to make sure I like it before I spend any money. Thanks! :)

[quote name='Jeremy White']If anyone could hook a fellow CAGer up with a guest pass, it'd be greatly appreciated. I've never played Diablo and I want to make sure I like it before I spend any money. Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

I kinda have to throw myself out there again as well. I'm on the fence, and only just got a D3-capable computer after the beta. Just not sold on it...

For anyone who's played the main game. Is it that much different from the beta in terms of gameplay/system mechanics?

I'm one of those played d2, didn't dig the "streamlined" d3 people. After the beta, my finger was tired and thoroughly bored after playing several run throughs with different classes.

I should put this thread on hiatus until I've beat normal, which won't be until tonight/early tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
well nightmare diablo was beaten and supposedly people were near hell diablo but the servers were taken down for maint. didn't think we'd get to hear about how tough inferno is on the first day especially when blizzard had said it'd take people months...
i get the feeling its just going to be slightly difficult and when they said all that stuff about how impossible it was going to be, it was in relation to casual players.

Having a blast playing so I called in sick. Fam is away at school and work so its solid game time now.

Here is my Battlenet Tag if you want to play today.

BREVITY#1636

[quote name='crystalklear64']well nightmare diablo was beaten and supposedly people were near hell diablo but the servers were taken down for maint. didn't think we'd get to hear about how tough inferno is on the first day especially when blizzard had said it'd take people months...
i get the feeling its just going to be slightly difficult and when they said all that stuff about how impossible it was going to be, it was in relation to casual players.[/QUOTE]

People reaching Hell difficulty doesn't surprise me much. There are some very dedicated people out there and Diablo isn't meant to be a large game like World of Warcraft. It has a lot of stuff, however it's very focused and fits a lot into a little.

The way they've described Inferno is "Inferno is based around our internal play test group we created specifically for Inferno. We found what was hard for them and then doubled it. None of our internal team has managed to beat Inferno yet." I don't believe their internal test team for inferno are slouches, so hopefully it lives up to taking a while. I expect maybe a week for most hardcore people. I know a few blue posters said they're expecting it to take roughly 3 weeks in a best case scenario if the person doesn't use bugs/glitches/"Not working as intended" things, so who knows. There are a lot more people who will be attacking it and seeing things at different angles that the internal test team didn't.

[quote name='ExplodingRat']There's a free starter edition, for all the guest pass beggars. Just go download that and try it.[/QUOTE]

No, there isn't. For the first month that is disabled and people can only get in via Guest Passes.

Looks like the CE really is rare since I couldn't find a placeholder copy until the Amazon one gets here tomorrow. What's funny is I'm actually more anticipating Dragon's Dogma next week. Seems like that one might be a sleeper hit.

bread's done
Back