Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='Ruahrc']I have a couple questions about the AH

1) is it worth bothering to AH items that are not for lvl60 characters? Does your answer change if you refer to the RMAH or gold AH (i.e. don't bother with RMAH for

I found a 908 dps one hander with 188 dex, and a socket on Act 1. It sold for 14 million!!!. Act III inferno is just plain stupid. How players got there with such crap gear is beyond me. lol

My Magic find gear maxes out at 272 after 5 stacks of valor.(197) dmg 85k, life 34k.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I upped my damage to 34k by buying a new 2hander. Still getting reemed by elites / rates in Act 2. Tonight going to try adding blizzard for a slowing property to allow better kiting. Hopefully that helps.

That and going to replace my IAS rings for crit chance / crit dmg. Hopefully that seals the deal.

Just killed the Skeleton King in hell last night on my Monk. Going to continue later. I haven't died yet, so I don't know how much more difficult hell gets, or if it's just I have just got so accustomed to kiting and such as my Monk that I tend to die less now.

[quote name='glemtvapen']I have 98 MF w/o NV with 30k DPS and 34k Life. Is the MF good enough?

I wish I could still farm Act3 but the nerf to NT pretty much killed my DH character killing potential.[/QUOTE]

I think 200-250 total MF after NV stacks is ideal. 250 MF really seemed to be the sweet spot when I was doing chest runs.

[quote name='Nekopanchi2012']I found a 908 dps one hander with 188 dex, and a socket on Act 1. It sold for 14 million!!!. Act III inferno is just plain stupid. How players got there with such crap gear is beyond me. lol

My Magic find gear maxes out at 272 after 5 stacks of valor.(197) dmg 85k, life 34k.[/QUOTE]

you figure ppl may have farmed chest and goblins to find some decent drops and figured out. I started inferno as a WD w/3k dps and found it near impossible until i started finding better blue drops.

[quote name='Fearia']So, I upped my damage to 34k by buying a new 2hander. Still getting reemed by elites / rates in Act 2. Tonight going to try adding blizzard for a slowing property to allow better kiting. Hopefully that helps.

That and going to replace my IAS rings for crit chance / crit dmg. Hopefully that seals the deal.[/QUOTE]

how are you getting reemed by elites w/a 34k dps? my dps is 11k (buffed it goes up to about 19k) and I'm steadily progressing through Act II...but I have to make sure I watch my CD's. I only get reamed when I fight elite packs that have phasing (those snake men) + shielding, molten, etc and waller. Hard to snare something that isn't there.

Are you using a shield? it's what's allowing me to not die in 2 hits.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just killed the Skeleton King in hell last night on my Monk. Going to continue later. I haven't died yet, so I don't know how much more difficult hell gets, or if it's just I have just got so accustomed to kiting and such as my Monk that I tend to die less now.[/QUOTE]

Got my monk to Act III hell, I had to scrap cyclone for lashing kick. I used to be able to pull everything in, blind, and beat them senseless...now, I can't let them crowd me. I'm probably under geared as well for my lvl.

[quote name='100xp']
how are you getting reemed by elites w/a 34k dps? my dps is 11k (buffed it goes up to about 19k) and I'm steadily progressing through Act II...but I have to make sure I watch my CD's. I only get reamed when I fight elite packs that have phasing (those snake men) + shielding, molten, etc and waller. Hard to snare something that isn't there.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a wizard to me ;p

[quote name='Pookymeister']sounds like a wizard to me ;p[/QUOTE]

yeah i kinda figured after that...when i my wizard up there, im sure ill be saying "wtf...my dps is 3-4 times my WD and I'm getting hosed."

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I just don't understand how people can even play hardcore with the server issues. I mean; you are awesome and I love you for it but...latency, spikes, and downtime.

I even have a singular hardcore female barbarian (named: BBW) but I simply cannot play her seriously outside of bullshit achievements.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much forces a different playstyle on you. Death means so much more. Server issues suck but that just makes you all the more badass if you can survive hell AND blizzard's servers. If you play with friends it makes it even more essential that you play as a team. Go running off on your own trying to be a hero with x4 hp monsters = death in appropriately leveled areas. Sucks joining a game and feeling like you contribute nothing cuz some megapowered dude is blowing through everything by himself.

Also if you don't play hardcore I get to feel superior to you. You know, cuz I'm hardcore.

Softcore 100% dps carebear scrublords can suck my nuts, but I can at least understand why people like playing like that. It suits the atmosphere of D3 a lot more and I'm actually surprised they included hardcore at all. I'm glad they did though, I wouldn't be playing if hc didn't exist.

I have no issue with hardcore, but I loathe the crowd that play it. One of my friends in Mumble only plays HC and constantly talks down to the other 10+ in the channel that play normal, like he's better because he can select a different game mode. Everytime I see someone post about HC they have to slip in some way to bash people that don't play it, its fucking annoying.

Its also hilarious that they bash normal players when the majority of the people in HC that are higher level got there by using XP exploits. Talk about me not being good enough to play HC when you only got where you're at by playing like a gigantic cheeser...cool bro.

[quote name='sasukekun']This will answer your paypal question.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-general-information[/QUOTE]

Seems like I'm SOL because receiving text messages ("cell phone with a data plan", as Blizzard puts it) is required to participate in the RMAH (at least to get money out of it... which is about 95% of the whole point of using the RMAH).

And not being able to participate in the RMAH sort of invalidates 50% of the whole game it seems, because it is unlikely I will ever be able to afford anything worthwhile on the gold AH, or won't even be able to find anything worth buying on the gold AH since the real action is in the RMAH. Should I even bother trying to sell loot on the gold AH, since I'm sure a ton of people on the gold AH just buy stuff up and then re-post it on the RMAH...

Eyah who am I kidding anyways. It seems like any kind of real use for the RMAH only comes after hours and hours and hours of Inferno farming with high MF gear, which is not in any way enjoyable to me to begin with.

Guess it's just solo playing through Diablo 3 for me. Hopefully a couple of my friends will eventually pick D3 up and I can at least play with some buddies.

[quote name='SEH']XP exploits[/QUOTE]
Do go on...
I'm 52 but I'm sure I'll die eventually and this sounds like it could come in handy!

Closest thing to an xp exploit I've found so far is start at act 4 Iskatu, pop archon form, farm the shades for a while then enjoy 10 minutes of archon form and rape everything in A4. Nice exp.

[quote name='SEH']I think 200-250 total MF after NV stacks is ideal. 250 MF really seemed to be the sweet spot when I was doing chest runs.[/QUOTE]

250 eh. Time to get to AH then.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Do go on...
I'm 52 but I'm sure I'll die eventually and this sounds like it could come in handy!

Closest thing to an xp exploit I've found so far is start at act 4 Iskatu, pop archon form, farm the shades for a while then enjoy 10 minutes of archon form and rape everything in A4. Nice exp.[/QUOTE]

Most have been nerfed now, though you can still do infinite ZK turn-ins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaRvteeCpS8&feature=player_embedded

Previously people were doing ZK runs, though in a different fashion, and Belial chain turn-ins.

Steam piled my way through Act 2 Inferno now, no issues. Act 3 started with a really shitty champion pack at the entrance, so I called it quits for the night. All in all though, I think I'm pretty prepared now. Woot! :D

Ok fuck Blizzard.

I just met an elite guy with Vortex Arcane Enchanted Invulnerable Minions. 5 Invulnerable Minions that would spawn those fucking Arcane lasers and then every time I tried to kite them, I would be pulled right into the lasers and dead. :bomb: I died too many times on that fucker.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok fuck Blizzard.

I just met an elite guy with Vortex Arcane Enchanted Invulnerable Minions. 5 Invulnerable Minions that would spawn those fucking Arcane lasers and then every time I tried to kite them, I would be pulled right into the lasers and dead. :bomb: I died too many times on that fucker.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got Horde Arcane Shielding Frozen today. That was pretty nuts.

I would never play hardcore. The mere thought of a 150 hours of gameplay going down the drain in mere moments is frightening. Logically imo, it's one of the most foolish things in gaming.

Wtf is with you people comparing epeens about HC/SC.

It's fucking Diablo. You wanna prove something, go play another game.

Otherwise, keep your thoughts about how great you are to yourself, because no one cares. Play however the hell you want to play.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Wtf is with you people comparing epeens about HC/SC.

It's fucking Diablo. You wanna prove something, go play another game.

Otherwise, keep your thoughts about how great you are to yourself, because no one cares. Play however the hell you want to play.[/QUOTE]

My softcore epeen is bigger than your hardcore epeen... :D

[quote name='Nekopanchi2012']I would never play hardcore. The mere thought of a 150 hours of gameplay going down the drain in mere moments is frightening. Logically imo, it's one of the most foolish things in gaming.[/QUOTE]

After my experience yesterday, not sure I could actually do it either.

Fighting the Act1 boss in nightmare, and when I get him to within 2-3 hits of dying, I get lagged and die myself. His life bar literally had only like 1-2 pixels left. Total BS, and totally classic "nightmare scenario" of always-online DRM. If this was an HC character, that would be the end of it, through absolutely no fault of my own.

Just raged the most I've ever raged at a game. Act three, I'm in the Heart of the Damned. Fighting some little yellow mob with extra health, I died easily 15+ times. Every single time I'd get the guy down to nothing, it'd randomly spawn like 3-4 of those Phasebeast assholes...EVERY time. I honestly wish I was recording this cheap bullshit. Not just once, every fucking time "oh, you're about to kill the guy, here, enjoy some more Phasebeasts". Spent probably 150k on repairs alone, all for some shitty yellow axe.

I fucking hate this game soooooo much right now.

seems they stealth patched a few things also for WD:
- Grave Injustice now works for Wall of Zombies and Confusion
- LoH w/AoE spells has been reduced, probably to only getting life from 1 target per casting.

My monk in Act 2 Inferno is getting demolished. I've tried a bunch of different builds, but nothing can keep me alive against a strong elite pack. For example, I was just facing a pack of illusion nightmare plague arcane sand wasps... those things would multiply, send out a few arcane sentries and plague spots, then spit a wall of death at me like angry Space Invaders. But unlike Space Invaders, I don't have a laser to fire back :p

Anyone have any suggestions for Inferno monk? I may start over with wizard or dh. I'm suspecting that range is a must for survival in Inferno.

[quote name='lilman']My monk in Act 2 Inferno is getting demolished. I've tried a bunch of different builds, but nothing can keep me alive against a strong elite pack. For example, I was just facing a pack of illusion nightmare plague arcane sand wasps... those things would multiply, send out a few arcane sentries and plague spots, then spit a wall of death at me like angry Space Invaders. But unlike Space Invaders, I don't have a laser to fire back :p

Anyone have any suggestions for Inferno monk? I may start over with wizard or dh. I'm suspecting that range is a must for survival in Inferno.[/QUOTE]

if you post your stats ppl will be able to give you a more specific recommendation vs. you need more resistances, use a shield w/high block, and/or try these combination of skills.

[quote name='lilman']My monk in Act 2 Inferno is getting demolished. I've tried a bunch of different builds, but nothing can keep me alive against a strong elite pack. For example, I was just facing a pack of illusion nightmare plague arcane sand wasps... those things would multiply, send out a few arcane sentries and plague spots, then spit a wall of death at me like angry Space Invaders. But unlike Space Invaders, I don't have a laser to fire back :p

Anyone have any suggestions for Inferno monk? I may start over with wizard or dh. I'm suspecting that range is a must for survival in Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Inferno is much harder with ranged classes. You build those classes for straight up DPS, so you're constantly kiting and are pretty much dead if you get hit. Barb and Monk are much better if you're intending to try and solo Inferno.

[quote name='100xp']if you post your stats ppl will be able to give you a more specific recommendation vs. you need more resistances, use a shield w/high block, and/or try these combination of skills.[/QUOTE]

It won't matter. Monks get destroyed without hundreds of millions of gold in gear. My monk has 8k armor 700 allres 40% dodge and 17k dps and I get stomped in act 2. It's not a matter of kiting when everything runs fast enough that they just run circles around me stacking arcane lasers/molten trails/plague/firechains/desecrate x4 in ~2sec

It literally boils down to this for a monk: Use all cooldowns...punch for a couple seconds...then try to run away for 15 seconds till Serenity is up again..punch a couple more time...rince repeat. 50k repair bill for a ilvl59 yellow wizard hat with +str

[quote name='100xp']if you post your stats ppl will be able to give you a more specific recommendation vs. you need more resistances, use a shield w/high block, and/or try these combination of skills.[/QUOTE]
Stats:
xL8gW.png
Skills:
BaFd9.png

between Act I and II for me was getting resistances to 400+ and a shield. there are still some packs that aren't worth the time/repair bill to defeat for a potentially crappy yellow axe but that's what allowed me to make the leap fwd.

not sure what abilities you're using but I dont use Cyclone Strike anymore. It's replaced w/Lashing Kick...because something I need to make room to get away or focus on 1 particular target.

funny...you posted before I finished clicking post reply.

Edit: so the only suggestion is, upgrade your gems...and using blinding flash?

[quote name='TLPRIME']It won't matter. Monks get destroyed without hundreds of millions of gold in gear. My monk has 8k armor 700 allres 40% dodge and 17k dps and I get stomped in act 2. It's not a matter of kiting when everything runs fast enough that they just run circles around me stacking arcane lasers/molten trails/plague/firechains/desecrate x4 in ~2sec[/QUOTE]
*compares to my stats* I'm screwed :p

Edit:
[quote name='100xp']not sure what abilities you're using but I dont use Cyclone Strike anymore. It's replaced w/Lashing Kick...because something I need to make room to get away or focus on 1 particular target.

Edit: so the only suggestion is, upgrade your gems...and using blinding flash?[/QUOTE]
Never used Cyclone Strike. I have been using Sweeping Wind with spirit rune to keep my spirit up (a lot of my choices were based on keeping my spirit up), but I'm considering swapping that for Seven Sided Strike for the temporary invuln. Or maybe blinding flash or dash so I can escape better.

[quote name='TLPRIME']It won't matter. Monks get destroyed without hundreds of millions of gold in gear. My monk has 8k armor 700 allres 40% dodge and 17k dps and I get stomped in act 2. It's not a matter of kiting when everything runs fast enough that they just run circles around me stacking arcane lasers/molten trails/plague/firechains/desecrate x4 in ~2sec

It literally boils down to this for a monk: Use all cooldowns...punch for a couple seconds...then try to run away for 15 seconds till Serenity is up again..punch a couple more time...rince repeat. 50k repair bill for a ilvl59 yellow wizard hat with +str[/QUOTE]

bleh...that doesn't sound like something to look fwd to. (looks at his monk)

[quote name='lilman']Stats:
xL8gW.png
Skills:
BaFd9.png
[/QUOTE]

You DPS and HP are WAY too low. Your resists are really low too. 600-700 is fine for everything but Arcane, Fire, and Physical, which you'd want around 850 or so (thats for Act three and beyond, so scale it down slightly for Act two, probably 500-600 and then 700 for the other three).

[quote name='SEH']You DPS and HP are WAY too low. Your resists are really low too. 600-700 is fine for everything but Arcane, Fire, and Physical, which you'd want around 850 or so (thats for Act three and beyond, so scale it down slightly for Act two, probably 500-600 and then 700 for the other three).[/QUOTE]
I'm using One With Everything so all my resist are the same. My gear all have +Fire. With my mantra on, I get like 534 resist for all, but like you said that's not enough.

Most of my gear choices revolved around resist, life per hit, and life per second. This caused a big sacrifice to dexterity and vitality. Can someone suggest the type of stats I should be looking for in gear for my monk?

[quote name='lilman']*compares to my stats* I'm screwed :p

[/QUOTE]

I was a bit too harsh because I had just got done dealing with 3 impossible elite packs in a row. It is doable, it's just really tough and takes time to kite and whittle down those champion packs. The packs that are killable I mean. there are plenty of times wher I have to kite them to a remote spot to park them or just restart the game if that isn't possible.

I did just clear act 2 today so yeah it's possible. I then went to light the signal fires and got nowhere though. lol Just keep at it.

This is my progression/tank build if it helps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bigXYh!XUZ!ZcYbca Don't use the cyclone rune for sweeping winds unless you have 15-20% crit. otherwise go witht he blade storm for the extra damage or fire storm for the extra range.

~26k health
~7800 armor with mantra up (10.5k with keen eye rune buff up)
~685 allres
44% dodge
17k damage (~20k with blazing wrath)
800 Life on hit
600 life per second
23% crit

Enchantress follower with charm/aoe dmg buff/armor buff/attack speed buff

[quote name='lilman']I'm using One With Everything so all my resist are the same. My gear all have +Fire. With my mantra on, I get like 534 resist for all, but like you said that's not enough.

Most of my gear choices revolved around resist, life per hit, and life per second. This caused a big sacrifice to dexterity and vitality. Can someone suggest the type of stats I should be looking for in gear for my monk?[/QUOTE]

You really want your DPS to be at least 20K, preferably 30K or more. My main character is a mage with 35K life, which seems reasonable for a ranged character. 30K life is just not nearly enough for a melee character. If you're going to use a shield you'll want to find one that has at least a +25% to block and absorbs at least 3K or 4K on block.

Dex & vit should be your primary focus, don't sacrifice anything for those two stats, then armor & resist are the next priority. I'd suggest forgoing a lot any of your gear that focuses on life gain. Since the nerf to IAS, life on hit is a much tougher sell. Then again I haven't reached inferno yet with a monk character so I could be wrong.

[quote name='Thrinn']You really want your DPS to be at least 20K, preferably 30K or more. My main character is a mage with 35K life, which seems reasonable for a ranged character. 30K life is just not nearly enough for a melee character. If you're going to use a shield you'll want to find one that has at least a +25% to block and absorbs at least 3K or 4K on block.

Dex & vit should be your primary focus, don't sacrifice anything for those two stats. I'd suggest forgoing a lot any of your gear that focuses on life gain. Since the nerf to IAS, life on hit is a much tougher sell. Then again I haven't reached hell yet with a monk character so I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

On the shield front, finding a Sacred with high block % and decent stats is going to be tough. Sacreds have really shot up in price lately. If you can find one, go for it, but dont feel bad about settling for a good Dread thats got nice stats and high block %.

On the topic of Monks I have two quick questions. I am a 53 Monk in Act I of hell, going to get to Act II hopefully tonight. First of all, what do you guys think is the best primary attack/rune combo (I been trying to figure out if there is one that is generally accepted as the best or is it a choice)? My build is basically trying to follow 60 builds where I focus on dex, vit and resistance.

Second I am dual wielding weapons. Trying to figure out if I can get away with dual wielding weapons (for the time being, planning to get a decent shield at 60), or should I just grab a shield now?

[quote name='TLPRIME']It won't matter. Monks get destroyed without hundreds of millions of gold in gear. My monk has 8k armor 700 allres 40% dodge and 17k dps and I get stomped in act 2. It's not a matter of kiting when everything runs fast enough that they just run circles around me stacking arcane lasers/molten trails/plague/firechains/desecrate x4 in ~2sec

It literally boils down to this for a monk: Use all cooldowns...punch for a couple seconds...then try to run away for 15 seconds till Serenity is up again..punch a couple more time...rince repeat. 50k repair bill for a ilvl59 yellow wizard hat with +str[/QUOTE]

23.5k dps (BW), 700 AR, 7.8k armor and nothing kills me in Act 2.

I don't have much trouble in act 3 either, assuming you don't go out into the battlefield.

You have more LOH, more life/sec and the same crit as me. You shouldn't be dying to anything in act 2.

@the other posters: Dex is a strong stat, vitality is not. We're not barbs, and we're not ranged DPS either. I sit around 31k and that's more than enough for act 2. Focus on your AR using OWE.

You will also need to drop Transcendence for Resolve (until you're overgeared defensively for what you're trying to do).

@Sir Frag: DW is viable, even in inferno. You just need to build around it. Lots of LOH, IAS and Crit Damage.

Been having some fun fucking with people today. I found another Gibbering Gemstone, which looks like a legendary. Been playing with different friends throughout the day and I'll randomly drop it after we kill a pack. Its hilarious hearing them get all excited, then immediately let down.

Also been buying cheap unidentified ilvl 62 and 63 gear from trade chat. I'll ID it infront of them, and in most cases the stuff is trash, but I'll link them an amazing item from my inventory and watch them instantly get angry.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']23.5k dps (BW), 700 AR, 7.8k armor and nothing kills me in Act 2.

I don't have much trouble in act 3 either, assuming you don't go out into the battlefield.

You have more LOH, more life/sec and the same crit as me. You shouldn't be dying to anything in act 2.

[/QUOTE]

I must have terrible luck with affix combos then. Like I said earlier I had 3 packs in a row i felt helpless against. One was horde/invulnerable minions/molten/waller... got walled in and surrounded...serenity wears off and I die alomost instantly

[quote name='TLPRIME']I must have terrible luck with affix combos then. Like I said earlier I had 3 packs in a row i felt helpless against. One was horde/invulnerable minions/molten/waller... got walled in and surrounded...serenity wears off and I die alomost instantly[/QUOTE]
I play Monk myself and I know the feeling about those fucking helpless waves of enemies. Usually I can hold myself fine (going through hell now) but sometimes you get those retarded ability combos on an enemy that makes it hell. Just have to keep trying because yeah being melee really sucks sometimes.

My monk has the same stats and I can farm act 2. What is your build?

Edit: Oh, I have 1300 LoH so that's a big difference. :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']On the topic of Monks I have two quick questions. I am a 53 Monk in Act I of hell, going to get to Act II hopefully tonight. First of all, what do you guys think is the best primary attack/rune combo (I been trying to figure out if there is one that is generally accepted as the best or is it a choice)? My build is basically trying to follow 60 builds where I focus on dex, vit and resistance.

Second I am dual wielding weapons. Trying to figure out if I can get away with dual wielding weapons (for the time being, planning to get a decent shield at 60), or should I just grab a shield now?[/QUOTE]

Fists of Thunder/Thunderclap for the LoH build or Deadly Reach/Keen Eye for the non-LoH build. I've seen Crippling Wave/Concussion builds, but I've never really been a fan of the spell.

[quote name='lilman']I'm using One With Everything so all my resist are the same. My gear all have +Fire. With my mantra on, I get like 534 resist for all, but like you said that's not enough.

Most of my gear choices revolved around resist, life per hit, and life per second. This caused a big sacrifice to dexterity and vitality. Can someone suggest the type of stats I should be looking for in gear for my monk?[/QUOTE]

The easiest way to itemize is to make sure all of your gear has dex, vit, all resist, and your chosen specific resist. Life per second isn't worth going out of your way to stack if you're on a budget because you risk sacrificing a more important stat for it, and life on hit only needs to be on your weapon. Boots and gloves are good places to get a lot of dex (100+) cheap without sacrificing vit or resists. If possible, get a 300+ LoH weapon with dex and/or vit and a socket, then put a 300 LoH amethyst in it, and that should be sufficient (was enough pre-as nerf, not sure about post-as nerf). You also want a shield that blocks at least 2.8k damage, 3.7k ideal.

For your build, I'd swap out transcendence for resolve and lashing tail kick for blinding flash-faith in the light. Maybe FoT-Thunderclap as well. Blinding flash lets you put out tons of dps on demand, as well as buying you a couple seconds of respite.

Pre-inferno/as nerf, I cleared act 2 with 29k health and 13k unbuffed damage, so you don't need to aim super high for both. All resist was between 600 and 650. Post-as nerf, I think I'd still be able to do it with the gear I had, just with more kiting. If the mob didn't have molten or fire chains, I was able to just sit on them and outheal/bubble/blind their damage away (moving out of the way of bad stuff when necessary).

[quote name='Pookymeister']Pretty sure me just buying this for 1.5mil was highway robbery

yB0if.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just sold it for $100 on RMAH. Stuff like this makes me want to just play on the AH/RMAH instead of actually playing the game.

bread's done
Back