Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='Pookymeister']I need to find something worthwhile soon. Up to paragon lvl 3 at least...[/QUOTE]
Man, you're getting sucked back in, don't do it! It's one thing to waste time playing a game, but if you're getting nothing out of it that's when you're really wasting your time.

I saw the light with this game, never again.

Well, the chest piece IRHari found sold for $120, so the temptation was getting at me =] I'll give it a little more time. Apparently I can clear ponies now with my MF gear when before i couldn't even kill one elite with my main dmg gear, so will be going there after each act 1 run now.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, the chest piece IRHari found sold for $120, so the temptation was getting at me =] I'll give it a little more time. Apparently I can clear ponies now with my MF gear when before i couldn't even kill one elite with my main dmg gear, so will be going there after each act 1 run now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah TBH I should've sold it for $250, it was gone in seconds after putting it up.

I don't think I gave Pooky false hope either. I was playing 1.0.4 for 1 hour for the first time 2 days ago with some friends, act 3 Inferno. No extra MF at all, just a full NV stack. And it dropped off a random elite mob.

the irony is, all my buddies including myself are finding uniques w/our geared and nothing w/our MF characters. I'm 48% under cap and still nothing, multiple runs in act 1 and act 2. Sadly my unqiues were low lvl 50 crap, and my friend's find was immortal king's chest and the grand vizer staff (the MF staff w/300+ int).

hopefully today...upgrade(s).

I was able to buy some good gear on the AH (and for a way better price than weeks ago) and now Hell seems like a cake walk. Beat Seigebreaker without breaking a sweat.

Why are lvl 51 items dropping in Act 3 of Inferno? From Elite mobs while i have 283% MF?

This happened multiple times. Low lvl 50 items on Act 3 inferno. Most of them during the last end of Act 3.

[quote name='Nekopanchi2012']Why are lvl 51 items dropping in Act 3 of Inferno? From Elite mobs while i have 283% MF?

This happened multiple times. Low lvl 50 items on Act 3 inferno. Most of them during the last end of Act 3.[/QUOTE]
I asked the same question months ago, and then I quit. :lol:

[quote name='Jodou']I asked the same question months ago, and then I quit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yup. The stupid low level requirements on drops in Act 3 Inferno made me rage. I've been tempted to start playing again since the patch, but I couldn't even if I wanted to since I don't have my authenticator anymore and I don't feel like jumping through 5000 hoops to get my account back.

Not saying much, but I picked up my Barb at level 14 and he's 31 and I have Diablo left on normal. Haven't thought about using a health potion at all and this is ridiculously easy now that they have toned down the mobs. Guess I'll have to see how that has affected the higher difficulties.

I spent 700K gold on a slightly better Xbow last night. Well the dmg is a little higher, and the dex is like 2pts higher, but the crit hit damage is like over 90% and my old one was like 60. Also the attack speed is double my old one. I couldnt beat the Butcher before, he would always get a hit in before I could whittle him down and he can 1-shot me. But this bow got me thru it. Now I can start trying to farm act II :)

I've spent well over a hundred hours with this game and I don't get the constant hate. Obviously, it isn't perfect. Having to hit the auction house to make progress isn't fun but I think Blizzard has been working pretty hard to make the game better. It seems to me that some people just want a legendary every time they log on.

Hours of playing after the patch and still nothing that I can use or sell.
I pretty much resigned that I will be stuck with my average gear.

Feels like I'm playing the lottery.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n4styn4t3']I've spent well over a hundred hours with this game and I don't get the constant hate. Obviously, it isn't perfect. Having to hit the auction house to make progress isn't fun but I think Blizzard has been working pretty hard to make the game better. It seems to me that some people just want a legendary every time they log on.[/QUOTE]

I think it's not that people expect a legendary every time they log on, it's that they never get anything useful for themselves. I've also put in over 100 hours, and I am not wearing a single piece of gear that I found. Theres a problem with that. Some people find good gear fairly often, other never find anything. Diablo was always about that feeling that the next monster you kill is going to drop something great, but if you've found something great 0% of the time then it's no fun.

It's just frustrating that I got the Grandfather sword drop before the legendary changes, and now it's one of the best 2H weapons in the game, but the legendary I get after 1.0.4 is a level 57 monk fist.

I seriously haven't gotten a good drop since the patch, while my friend gets all the upgrades, and gets a set item he sells for $100.

So yeah, I feel like the game fucks me over every chance it gets.

At this point if i ever do decide to play the game again i'm just going to farm act 1. There's no point in doing later acts. lvl 50 items drop just as much in act 3 as act 1.

Just doing some Act 2 Vault and Act 3 Crater runs-- or whatever quest you'd like to do, I'm up for helping out. Tag: dnorb#1212

[quote name='Pookymeister']I found a legendary today - got excited. Then identify it and its worth 150k, boo.[/QUOTE]

THen he let me use it, cause he's an awesome guy ;)

[quote name='Nekopanchi2012']At this point if i ever do decide to play the game again i'm just going to farm act 1. There's no point in doing later acts. lvl 50 items drop just as much in act 3 as act 1.[/QUOTE]

But upper level items drop more frequently, like ilvl 61, 62, 63.

Last night Pooky, myself, and one of my friends shredded through act 2 inferno. Didn't find too many good things but we find one or two upgrades which made it worthwhile. Plus the gold we made wasn't bad either.

you would think the upper lvl items drop more, but i haven't found it to be the case. a crap lvl 62 weapon is the same in every act. Only difference is how many times you are dying, and how hard you are trying to kill the mobs.

I personally find farming act 1 with 300% MF on at all times more enjoyable (and rewarding) than trying to play act 3, and switch my gear every time i'm about to kill an Elite mob.

I was selling stuff about every 36 hours on RMAH until the update. Now I haven't sold crap. :( I even tried some of the new stuff I got. Oh well at least I made my money back from the game.

So I have a 50-60k DPS throwing (ranged) barb, if anyone wants to try teaming up in inferno...

I haven't beaten A2 yet (have to kill Kulle, but haven't tried yet) but it shouldn't be that difficult. Don't think I'm geared enough for A3 without a group. I think I have around 150% MF if it matters.

Don't think MF matters anymore, not shared as of last update IIRC.
You might be geared up enough now - i couldn't take on ponies before update and now its not much of a problem.

[quote name='Rhett']So I have a 50-60k DPS throwing (ranged) barb, if anyone wants to try teaming up in inferno...

I haven't beaten A2 yet (have to kill Kulle, but haven't tried yet) but it shouldn't be that difficult. Don't think I'm geared enough for A3 without a group. I think I have around 150% MF if it matters.[/QUOTE]

if you run wotb and earthquake with Ignore Pain (lifesteal rune), you should be able to kill kulle in less than 10 seconds. I was able to do that when i had only 25k dps

[quote name='JakeNome']if you run wotb and earthquake with Ignore Pain (lifesteal rune), you should be able to kill kulle in less than 10 seconds. I was able to do that when i had only 25k dps[/QUOTE]

I'll try that if I have trouble. I don't expect to have trouble as it is (since I'm ranged, and I can heal myself very easily at range), but I'll keep it in mind.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Don't think MF matters anymore, not shared as of last update IIRC.
You might be geared up enough now - i couldn't take on ponies before update and now its not much of a problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dunno. I can still die pretty easily if I'm careless for longer than a second (as it should be), but I can also kite well... Still messing with skills (surprisingly flexible build). I was so happy when I hit 5 stacks and killed Maghda without any real issues. With my tank set, I couldn't even do that.

Actually spent money on the RMAH today....couldn't help it since I was searching for prices on current weapon and this seemed really cheap. Cost $10. Gave me a nice 6K dmg bump.

sPI5m.jpg

yeah but look at dat INT...and it has LS, so blizz/hydra it works very well.

can anyone give me a pc on a MF amulet?

from what I can remember it has:

105 Vit
39% MF
7% IAS
some Life Regen (i'll check at lunch)
some poison resist (around 40ish)
some resist all (around 20ish)
(there might even be a bit of GF on this one too i forget)

I've seen similar in the AH for redonkulous prices but there's no way someone's going to drop 100-200 million on this.

thanks in advance.

[quote name='Mad D']Good runs, Rhett. Our characters made an entertaining odd couple.[/QUOTE]

No wonder I didn't recognize your CAG name from the invite message. Lurker, indeed...

Yeah, looking forward to teaming up again soon.

Actually had to use some strategy in Act 4 on Nightmare instead of a straight hack & slash with the Barb. What's a decent Barb build (lv 50) for Hell going 1H weapon?

[quote name='jmbreci']Actually had to use some strategy in Act 4 on Nightmare instead of a straight hack & slash with the Barb. What's a decent Barb build (lv 50) for Hell going 1H weapon?[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend something like this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVXigk!beV!aaabaa

Be sure to change the rune for Revenge to Provocation when you hit 52. Ignore Pain can go either Iron Hide or Ignorance is Bliss, that's personal preference. And when you hit 56, take out Ignore Pain or Threatening Shout and get Furious Charge with Dreadnought for an extra great heal. Stack armor for now, you can't get decent resistances until you start getting Inferno gear, so no point in using the War Cry rune Impunity over Hardened Wrath until you get 300-400 resist all.

[quote name='jmbreci']Actually had to use some strategy in Act 4 on Nightmare instead of a straight hack & slash with the Barb. What's a decent Barb build (lv 50) for Hell going 1H weapon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was breezing through, till i started to get pounded on my 45 monk.

I'm filling another bar but that's about all that's changed for me post patch. Act 1-3 full clears haven't yielded a single upgrade or AH worthy drop. :(

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I'm filling another bar but that's about all that's changed for me post patch. Act 1-3 full clears haven't yielded a single upgrade or AH worthy drop. :([/QUOTE]

ditto. Disappointing. Taking a break now from playing for a bit to play Darksiders 2 :)

I'm stuck on Diablo on Inferno on my wizard. I should probably drop some of my MF in lieu of more damage, but I find so many rares (junk) and I'm still hopeful that I'll find something good.

Nothing like getting stuck in the Cathedral and not being able to move even after teleporting back to town. fuck me. How the heck does that happen in a game these days?

Bitter party of 1 here.

the AH is funny, everything that's selling quickly is basically high Dex, high MF, and one of the trifectas.

found a Grin Reaper, mirror image for the WD...pretty cool, low stat rolls but for act 2 it's fine.

was really excite when I got a skull grasp, however it's rather watered down from the legacy version. only good thing perhaps is I lucked out w/int and spirit barrage affix attached to it. some of the rings I've seen are str and arcane orb, or int and cyclone.

They nerfed skull grasp? Lol, as if the original wasn't overpriced as it was. It was on my list of things to pick up back then but the price skyrocketed once people figured out damage stacking was the way to win.

yeah it no longer comes w/crit chance and elite damage, though I suppose it could roll w/one. skullgrasp is a lot more niche build now...if you luck out you'll get the ability + the corresponding stat that goes w/it.

it's now a IAS, loh, some armor, stat ring w/a random bonus ability modifier + 1 random. even low end trifecta rings are more popular.

unity seems to be the new old new skull grasp.

Thought I had to run CM/WW to do A2 Inferno with a friend. Turns out I just had to have him run his Monk as a tank and I just disintegrated everything going glass cannon.

A3 isn't possible atm unless I go CM/WW.

[quote name='sendme']Has anyone been able to sell gold on the real money AH?[/QUOTE]

Last week I sold a 150 strength socketed magic find helm for twenty after the bnet tax. Also a one hundred something intelligence, 30 critical damage and max attack speed gloves for ten.

IRhari, I will check back in a little to see if you are online. If not we can always do a run next time.

Edit:

That was a good run Ihari. That amulet, the six stat chest armor plans and a few other things were nice finds. You must be my good luck token :lol:

I didn't read the whole thing, because they're likely just spitting gibberish about numbers but CC for a barb was pointless when the skills for mitigation were already so powerful. Blizzard has taught us that uptime is important when considering min/maxing and the because of how NV works, we needed to choose a be-all spec. The only time I brought out stomp was when grouped with friends, to try and be useful when mobs were constantly pulled off me. I really don't see this as useful for barbs, but more of a diversity change.

Going to do a run with IRhari in a little, anyone is welcome to join. So far every run that I've had with hari has ended with a few decent usable items. Bnet tag is in the signature.

If anyone wants or needs a Monk in a group for inferno farming or just wants someone to play with from time to time hit me up in a PM.

I can solo Diablo Inferno and have pretty decent gear/DPS for a monk.

EDIT: My Battlenet ID for Diablo is Dwarfman#1396 If you add me throw CAG in a message.

bread's done
Back