Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

so i haven't played d3 in a long time and i never really played high end.

if i was to start up with 5 mil or so gold, could i reasonably expect to solo inferno as a wizard?
in hardcore

[quote name='Dwarfman']Just to throw in my 2 cents with MF... last night I ran with MF and I haven't been for a few weeks.. I had Manajuma's Carving Knife drop http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-carving-knife

Rolled pretty well.

-190 Int
-2.80% LS
-83% CHD
-44% Damage

DPS 918.4

Put it up for 150 million starting bid with a 350 Million buyout. Checked the AH this morning and it SOLD! I have 297,500,000 left over after the 15%. I nearly crapped my pants... good hunting everyone![/QUOTE]

WoW! congratulations dude! so is your new set completed already?

[quote name='Chiyeon']WoW! congratulations dude! so is your new set completed already?[/QUOTE]

he's still on vaccay, but seeing that prices for legendaries have dropped...any one w/a few million can kit themselves out with a few clicks of the mouse.

chart by ChipTehMonk
0HAVq.jpg

After monster power four the amount of health that the monsters gain is much higher than the bonuses given. Going through a MP level closer to four will take less time overall to get the drops that you want.

The efficiency of clearing out anything over monster power four, for the usual group of four players is not worth the time it takes unless the group is full of high range DPS with moderate survivability players.

Glem and Seph were able to experience that drop in that chart with me last night. There was not enough DPS in our group against the Organ holder bosses. The main sources of DPS was a glass build and the other, my character, had to spend a majority of the time reviving the more fragile damage dealer. In that time we wasted we could have obtained a full set of keys or organs at a lower monster power. We were all just being stubborn.

Glem and I came close but that was only after the third and fourth dropped. I think we would have had some organs if the team were comprised of at least three damage dealers at above 100,000 DPS and two players with moderate survivability.

[quote name='Mad D'] The main sources of DPS was a glass build and the other, my character, had to spend a majority of the time reviving the more fragile damage dealer. In that time we wasted we could have obtained a full set of keys or organs at a lower monster power. We were all just being stubborn.[/QUOTE]

*shatters* :cry:

[quote name='Pookymeister']*shatters* :cry:[/QUOTE]
Ohh no no Pooky :lol: This was after you left. We could have used your DPS giving us a third damage dealing and we were mentioning that we could have taken them out if Pooky was here.

This was when you logged off for the night and we turned up the monster power level out of the groups comfort zone and we literally needed to spend a third to half of the time reviving. We would have benefited much more from your DPS much more than the Witch Doctor that subbed in for you.

[quote name='Mad D']Ohh no no Pooky :lol: This was after you left. We could have used your DPS giving us a third damage dealing and we were mentioning that we could have taken them out if Pooky was here.

This was when you logged off for the night and we turned up the monster power level out of the groups comfort zone and we literally needed to spend a third to half of the time reviving. We would have benefited much more from your DPS much more than the Witch Doctor that subbed in for you.[/QUOTE]

Hehe ;)
"I just bought that new weapon and got 10K more DPS. What more do you people want!?!"

Maybe tonight I will have better luck getting organs since was 0/3 from what I played. This ring better roll well for all the trouble it is to get...

I noticed in the patch notes they nerfed the Sorc's powered armor. 10% armor nerf for barbs pretty much secures me never logging in ever again.

Sold that ring I found on Tuesday for 106 mill after taxes, sold the ring I linked above for 63.75 mill after taxes.

228 mill right now, I might catch up with Dwarfman's gold at some point haha.

Yeah good info dnorb, until we all get higher DPS we should do around MP4.

By the time we get ALL the parts for the ring you would've found some gg shit to get yourself rolling in gold.

Also should note that once you have the 3 keys and you make a portal, even then the bosses in the portal don't always drop the pieces for the ring. Even then I think the pieces have the same drop rate as the keys (10% for MP1, 20% for MP2, etc.) so I think it could take a while to get this done.

[quote name='IRHari']By the time we get ALL the parts for the ring you would've found some gg shit to get yourself rolling in gold.

Also should note that once you have the 3 keys and you make a portal, even then the bosses in the portal don't always drop the pieces for the ring. Even then I think the pieces have the same drop rate as the keys (10% for MP1, 20% for MP2, etc.) so I think it could take a while to get this done.[/QUOTE]

Yea, i know. When you left we did a run where we all made a portal. I didn't get anything from all 3 boss fights. I think Mad got one piece?

I've been having the worst luck with keys. I can solo act 1 and 2 with mp 5 and act 3 at mp4 and i've only made one infernal machines from weds and thursday's runs. I hate RNG so much, I have a feeling i'm gonna eventaully get enough organ part through luck and craft the int ring by accident...

[quote name='Mad D']chart by ChipTehMonk
0HAVq.jpg

[/QUOTE]

So this is what you where talking about about mp5 being inefficient. We gotta stack more keys then.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I've been having the worst luck with keys. I can solo act 1 and 2 with mp 5 and act 3 at mp4 and i've only made one infernal machines from weds and thursday's runs. I hate RNG so much, I have a feeling i'm gonna eventaully get enough organ part through luck and craft the int ring by accident...[/QUOTE]

MF item swap before the kill. I brought a keywarden down to a 1/4 inch of life then swapped all my gear. 475% MF w/5 stacks and got a key in MP4/Act 3 + Dawn. Was hoping it was Calamity or a glitch that 2 keys dropped.

I'd suggest doing the same on the boss fight if you can manage.

Edit: another option is go lower in MP and do speed key runs...the time it takes for some to do a higher MP run, you could do a lower one 2-3 times faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='100xp']MF item swap before the kill. I brought a keywarden down to a 1/4 inch of life then swapped all my gear. 475% MF w/5 stacks and got a key in MP4/Act 3 + Dawn. Was hoping it was Calamity or a glitch that 2 keys dropped.

I'd suggest doing the same on the boss fight if you can manage.

Edit: another option is go lower in MP and do speed key runs...the time it takes for some to do a higher MP run, you could do a lower one 2-3 times faster.[/QUOTE]

MF doesnt have an affect on keys. Just monster power level.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6935293903#7

I can farm try farming on a lower mp but i already do mp5 pretty fast for key runs.

Any tips for a Diablo rookie? Picked up the game for $10 during the TRU clearance and don't really know much (never played D2). Started off as a DH and up to level 7 atm.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Any tips for a Diablo rookie? Picked up the game for $10 during the TRU clearance and don't really know much (never played D2). Started off as a DH and up to level 7 atm.[/QUOTE]

It's not too much of the same as Diablo 2. A lot of the mechanics changed except click to kill and pick up treasure. All levels before Inferno mode with your character level at sixty, just have fun experimenting with skills and killing monsters. You can add some CAGs and they'll hand you some things to help you level up faster, like a ruby in a socketed helmet so you can level quicker. Also, prison Mike.

[quote name='Mad D']My hellfire ring sucks.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I need another eye from Kulle and I hate fighting that combo.

In other news, the Skorn I got from a normal chest finally sold 17m after taxes so now maybe I could buy some better gear. :D

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']MF doesnt have an affect on keys. Just monster power level.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6935293903#7

I can farm try farming on a lower mp but i already do mp5 pretty fast for key runs.[/QUOTE]

yeah i found out shortly after, but i've still gotten legendaries from MF swap on the keywardens along w/a shower of rares...so it's been good so far.

Yeah it seems like when we did MP7 the only reason we were dying to those bosses were because of the damage. We were doing decent DPS. Think we should be able to handle it hopefully after changes.

I have been out of this game for a while after doing so much in it with my two classes I got tired of it. These new patches are making it sound awesome again.

So when can I expect to start finding legendary items? I just killed Diablo on Hell and I have not seen a single legendary item. Do they only drop in Inferno? In Diablo 2 I'd find lower level legendaries and set items on Normal.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']So when can I expect to start finding legendary items? I just killed Diablo on Hell and I have not seen a single legendary item. Do they only drop in Inferno? In Diablo 2 I'd find lower level legendaries and set items on Normal.[/QUOTE]

More in Inferno, but most of the time they are junk. Unless you are Dwarfman.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']So when can I expect to start finding legendary items? I just killed Diablo on Hell and I have not seen a single legendary item. Do they only drop in Inferno? In Diablo 2 I'd find lower level legendaries and set items on Normal.[/QUOTE]

I got 1 legendary on normal. Pure junk, though. Can't even unload it in the gold auction house. Not sure what to do with it, yet...

Congrats on Paragon level 100.

Funny Blizzard said no D3 expansion in the past. But hey, RMAH income and all those copies sold are hard to ignore. My guess is the expansion will be $50 to.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Congrats on Paragon level 100.

Funny Blizzard said no D3 expansion in the past. But hey, RMAH income and all those copies sold are hard to ignore. My guess is the expansion will be $50 to.[/QUOTE]

If they put PVP in the expansion, I'm gonna be pretty pissed since they will have basically lied to us. They had PVP at Blizzcon 2 years ago, they should have it in the base game.

Of course, an in-game PVP toggle would solve this problem, but OH NOES, can't have that in the damn game.

I wouldn't expect an expansion until AFTER Heart of the Swarm comes out. Best guess on that is probably Q3/4 2013.

Plenty of time for them to make good on unfulfilled promises.

[quote name='antlp89']From your experience, is it better to farm act 3 or 4 in inferno? Do you get better drops in act 3?[/QUOTE]

Act 3 is best simply because of the high concentration of mobs and frequency of packs. Act 4 tends to have a lot of walking involved and some of the mobs you fighter aren't even worth exp...also Act 3 you packs tend to spawn near waypoints.

with Monster Power on, any act can drop the same quality of gear...Act 1 is still easier mainly due to the native monster abilities.

Finished the game on normal and going through the game on Nightmare.Sold 2 things on the auction house so far.Yup,a whole .50 cents to spend at the corner store. I've been selling stuff with gold,magical find,and armor with main stats.Keeping yellows and junking most blues.Enjoying the game more than I thought I would or at least more so than the internet led me to believe. More so than Torchlight.

bread's done
Back