Diablo III Limited Edition [Hardcover Strategy Guide] $21.75 Pre-Order (price drop)

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Diablo III Limited Edition Guide now available!

$21.75 from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Li...3569/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334285261&sr=8-2

BradyGames’ Diablo III Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

One-of-a-kind sculptured metal bookmark featuring Diablo's head.

Amazing hardcover featuring holographic foil, matte film lamination, spot gloss, and a multi-level emboss.

48 pages of Armor Set art unique to the Limited Edition.

Expert tips for dominating Multiplayer action over Battle.net in both cooperative and competitive play.

Glad I got this when I did! Ha!

As for the shipping, don't be surprised that you do in fact get it on Monday and the box is marked with a time stamp telling not to deliver before then.

[quote name='gauu']got my copy today and sadly they slashed the top twice with a box cutter. called up amazon and told them about the defect mind you i was only looking to get a replacement order or a small discount for the damage. the guy i got said that amazon isnt expecting to get anymore in and refunded my entire order and told me to keep the guide free. not going to complain one bit about that. was only asking for something small and amazon came out way over the top.[/QUOTE]Ouch. Guess your guide was at the top of the stack in the box they received from the publisher.

I've had a couple of BD movies show up that way in the last couple of months and those were replaced. Sorry to hear that it was damaged before shipment, though nice they let you keep it for free.

yah ive walked into gamestop before and was given a collectors boxset game with slits down the side from a box cutter luckily though they gave me a better one. either way cant wait til tuesday to play this.

[quote name='shrike4242']Two things about ordering it from BN.com:

1) Once it releases and is no longer a pre-order, the coupon code of K9M9X8K or T9B4X8H should get an additional 20% off of the guide. Good until the end of the month.
[/QUOTE]

I hope the price stays the same until I can use the 20% off code. I got a GC that I need to get rid of as well.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I hope the price stays the same until I can use the 20% off code. I got a GC that I need to get rid of as well.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm hoping for as well. $18.44 shipped is a great price for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted, or if it's relevant to you guys since it's not the Limited Edition guide.

But the code DIABLOPAX2012 will get you 50% off the Signature Series guide at the Brady Games website when it releases. Just saw it on a poster I got at Pax East.

Looks like B&N is a bust for this. I ordered this morning with the 20% off code and it worked, but says it will not ship until 6/5. I think that means they're OOS and will attempt to receive more in but I doubt they will.

[quote name='gundie']Just got an email from BN my order has been delayed. Anyone else got theirs shipped?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Mine still says it will not ship until until June 5.

[quote name='gundie']Just got an email from BN my order has been delayed. Anyone else got theirs shipped?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped yesterday morning and should be here Friday.

Had two copies of this on order, one from Amazon (for myself) and one from BN for a friend as a birthday gift. Neither one is shipping, and Amazon has not sent any notices as of yet. BN tells me it is delayed.

Curious if I am screwed at both stores now, despite having placed these orders a while ago and neither claiming out of stock at the time. A bit frustrating that two stores are failing thus far.

You are better off getting an online guide to download. That way you can get instant updates when things get changed or added. A lot of the online guides have videos that show you how to rank up faster as well. I found a bunch of them at www.mmo-strategy-guides and I bought the Diablo 3 Secrets one and its awesome.

why would someone pay for a digital guide that's not even made by an official company? the LE is a nice collector's guide which is why most are buying it

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']canceled amazon order and got it at bestbuy for 25 bucks instead. I have a feeling amazon isnt going to get another batch of these.[/QUOTE]

Did you have credit or is there a deal or Best Buy coupon? There's one at my local store but I don't know if I can stomach the 36.99.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Did you have credit or is there a deal or Best Buy coupon? There's one at my local store but I don't know if I can stomach the 36.99.[/QUOTE]
i dont know whats up with your stores but I have a pickup order for 28 bucks. its 27 bucks online right now

[quote name='Fatbot3']Did you have credit or is there a deal or Best Buy coupon? There's one at my local store but I don't know if I can stomach the 36.99.[/QUOTE]

It's in this weeks ad for $26.99, and the regular edition was $16.99. My local store had sale signs on the guides, but no CE's in stock so I ordered it online.

I picked up my order of the game and CE Guide from Gamestop.
My Bro is a fan of the game and loves the guide.
I never seen so much hype over a CE guide. Is this considered the best CE guide that ever came out or something?

(Not into game guides that much)

[quote name='edison']It's in this weeks ad for $26.99, and the regular edition was $16.99. My local store had sale signs on the guides, but no CE's in stock so I ordered it online.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info! 26 is fine considering I would pay shipping anyway.

[quote name='The Punisher']I picked up my order of the game and CE Guide from Gamestop.
I never seen so much hype over a CE guide. Is this considered the best CE guide that ever came out or something?

(Not into game guides that much)[/QUOTE]
no, just alot of fucking shipping and stock problems from the retailers

[quote name='The Punisher']I picked up my order of the game and CE Guide from Gamestop.

(Not into game guides that much)[/QUOTE]

Not I've seen 10x the hype for certain guides in just the past year (Skyrim CE gudie and Dark Souls guide).

In fact hype doesn't mean sustainability in value as the Dark Souls guide can be had for around $10 I think.

[quote name='Raven6009']So much for my B&N order not shipping until 6/5. I just checked and it says it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Was told it was going to ship on 6/5 and then out of nowhere I get another email telling me it's shipped already.

So what is the best deal that is still active on the guide? Barnes and noble says 'preorder' and amazon is sold out. BB is 26.99 in store.

[quote name='slowdive21']So what is the best deal that is still active on the guide? Barnes and noble says 'preorder' and amazon is sold out. BB is 26.99 in store.[/QUOTE]I think it would be Best Buy at this point, and it's likely to dwindle over time.

[quote name='slowdive21']So what is the best deal that is still active on the guide? Barnes and noble says 'preorder' and amazon is sold out. BB is 26.99 in store.[/QUOTE]
instore pickup at BB

I wish I had a BB near me that it in stock... I have a 50% off coupon that'd make it well worthwhile. Damn damn damn.

[quote name='tranceFusion']so is this book any good?[/QUOTE]

It's a solid guide but will dwindle in relevance after tons and tons of patches. The bookmark the CE has and art is excellent though in my opinion.

Wish BN and other places were like Best Buy and actually process orders for in-store pickup. Two stores show up as having this in stock

I agree that buying an actual guide is worthless because it will be outdated in a week due to patches. You are better off getting access to the online guides that are out there. There are some really good ones, that you download to your computer or access a website that actually have videos that you can watch to show you how to dominate the game. I found a bunch of them at www.mmo-strategy-guides.com and actually some free tips too.

bread's done
Back