Did anyone ever get their 5 free movies

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!
I remember sending the info in. Never got anything. It's been, I think, 3 months now (I think I picked up the PS3 in July, about a week after the price dropped).

It's not horrible. My life won't be made worse by not seeing those 5 mediocre movies in HD. Still - I would have thought better of them had they not offered the free movies at all rather than offer them and not ship them.

I made sure everything as in the envelope - I'm good there (I always make sure I match the rebate/offer rules to the letter). I'm not going to track it down, though - too much trouble for 5 movies I can live without.

Anyone else get their 5 free movies via mail?

there is a phone # to call and verify if they got the info. My husband has spoken to them, they are very nice. Mickey

Nope. I ordered about the around that same time(might of been June). I've given up hope

Got mine in around a month, maybe less. BTW, there's already a thread about this. It's got the contact info so you can call 'em up and check on it.

Mine says it's still processing, too, but thanks for the link. I don't think it's been quite 10 weeks yet since I mailed in the offer, so I'll keep checking back.

[quote name='chakan']I wish mine said in progress. It says no record found.[/QUOTE]

Don't get too worried. Mine never showed on the site until after I had them in hand.

Nope. Mine shipped on 8/23 and I still haven't received them. Called them on Tuesday and got a 2nd order placed. Hopefully that one will show...

I recieved a postcard in the mail from them saying "Thank you for your recent blu-ray disc player purchase. Due to high demand on this offer we regret to inform you that there is a delay in shipping out your free blu-ray discs."

So I mailed in my rebate on Aug 12th and now the post card gives me a ship date of 11/04/07 and asks me if I would like to cancel. LOL

I just got the same postcard today, with the same 11/4 ship date. :[

I was planning on just flipping these for cheap to cover the cost of a new game. (Actually the original plan was to take a chunk out of the PS3's price tag, but it's been so long the purchase longer registers with me.) So, I'm not really on the edge of my seat waiting for these but the long delay is still annoying.

I got my 5 incredibly early. I bought my PS3 in mid-July, and I got my 5 movies before mid-August. I was suprised really at the speed. I was expecting them maybe Octoberish

blah~ i got the same postcard in the mail today. do they really expect people to just give up and cancel on this? it's not like you really have all that much to lose by waiting another month or so

He he, yes, I want to cancel so that I don't have to receive FREE Blu-Ray movies. What are they thinking? Save the money of postcard postage and send me an email explaining the delay.

Got my postcard today, this is ricockulous. I was hoping to trade them in ASAP to get some decent trade-in. Oh well, November is technically when I need it anyway.

just got this damn postcard. I am seriously thinking about selling my ps3. This shit ridiculous!!!! I got it for blu-ray, knowing that the games would be a year away but so far I only have 2 movies and the movies I want are from paramount and universal and they've backed HD DVD!!!! SOny has screwed me for the last time. Rumble is coming and we'll be stuck with obsolete controllers that don't rumble. There are no games and I just hope I can get 450 bucks back for this dumb piece of shit. I'll just get a 60 dollar upconvert DVD player and just play my wii until the ps3 goes down to 200 bucks which it will in a year and a half cause the PS3 is dying my friends. sony has fucked up so badly. my patience is gone. if you have stock in sony, sell it. xbox360 just sold 1.5 million more systems cause of halo 3. no japanese support til late 2008. only 2 games for ps3 - ffxiii and mgs4 and they won't be exclusive for long because halo 3 just opened the floodgates on ps3. no Home til 2008. There is no reason to buy a ps3 at all unless it were 300 bucks right now. as it is, it's 500 and it's not a good deal.

hope ures go through. apparantly my status of shipped online actually meant they shipped a postcard saying there was no stock :evil:
[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Worried I would get the dreaded postcard, I checked my status online, and it says mine shipped yesterday. w00t.[/quote]

[quote name='dchen5']hope ures go through. apparantly my status of shipped online actually meant they shipped a postcard saying there was no stock :evil:[/quote]Yikes. Didn't think about that. :cold: I sent my shit off when I bought my PS3 back around E3. It's pretty lame I haven't received the movies yet... Maybe I never will...

-_- I got the postcard too. My rebate was sent off about 11 weeks ago as well.

Atleast the site has me on file. Worst case- I forget about the and they never show.

[quote name='Kayden']-_- I got the postcard too. My rebate was sent off about 11 weeks ago as well.

Atleast the site has me on file. Worst case- I forget about the and they never show.[/quote]There is still hope! I got the postcard yesterday, but my movies came today! :D

wonder if there is a common movie on that postcard, I have Pearl Harbor, Corpse Bride, Resident Evil2, Italian Job, and Transporter2. I wonder if they just ran out of one of those movies. hrm... Stupid November 4th.

I just got in on the last day (yesterday) for the promo. I'll be sending mine in soon after I get back from Memphis, which will be Fri evening and my PS3 will arrive at home this Wed. Honestly, mediocre or not, I'd be pissed if I never got mine. Sorry at least a 100 bucks worth of movies is a little something to be pissed about

[quote name='mickeyp']there is a phone # to call and verify if they got the info. My husband has spoken to them, they are very nice. Mickey[/quote]

What is the phone number?

got my movies yesterday even though i got hte postcard. online they said my movies shipped on hte 26th i sent my rebate in 8.3
[quote name='dchen5']darn i just got a postcard saying the movies are backordered until 11/4.[/quote]

I just got a PS3 on the last day of the promotion. I looked at the 18 movies offered and I gotta ask, why would anyone want any of these? I wouldn't take them if you offered them to me on the street for free.

[quote name='b3b0p']I just got a PS3 on the last day of the promotion. I looked at the 18 movies offered and I gotta ask, why would anyone want any of these? I wouldn't take them if you offered them to me on the street for free.[/QUOTE]
No even for trade-in? Whatever.

[quote name='dchen5']got my movies yesterday even though i got hte postcard. online they said my movies shipped on hte 26th i sent my rebate in 8.3[/QUOTE]

Which movies did you get? I sent mine in 7/17 and just got the postcard, and online it shows all as 'in process' still.

This whole rebate situation is really bizarre. (how some people got their movies in 2-3 weeks, and the delays, random sending, etc)

bread's done
Back