Digital Devil Saga 1 currently available at GS.com ($39.99)

[quote name='eau']When people begin to receive their orders, please post about how mint their copy is. If they are all MINT LIKE NEW, it should be a good indicator that they are the recent reprints that GS ripped the factory seal off so that they could sell it as used for more $$.[/quote]

How would they make more money off of selling games they got new as used?

Look, I don't have a CC. I'll paypal anyone that does the 35 bucks it costs to buy it, if they'll just put the shipping address as my house. (Ill PM this)

Would be be uncool to ask for any edge card codes? I am a hiatus because i mailed my edge card form in the mail for $2 from the other topic.

I guess pming me the code so only i use it is ok... if allowed that is.

Ok, I finally caved and picked up this and Nocturne, even though I already own both (but they're sealed and I'd like to keep them that way). New opened copies of DDS and Nocturne would be fine by me as a player's copy, otherwise they're going back to Gamestop.

[quote name='DrNo888']This has to be a reprint. There is no way it should still show they have inventory for this long.[/quote]

They probably had a couple crates full of used ones hoping it'd rise to Nocturne's price, but then got really scared that Atlus might re-print it like they did with Nocturne and decided to move them quick instead.

[quote name='sml_mndz']Is it really worth it? I mean u arent guaranteed on orig box or ins manual.[/quote]

If you don't get them, you can return the game to any GS/EB store.

[quote name='sml_mndz']Is it really worth it? I mean u arent guaranteed on orig box or ins manual.[/quote]

well if it doesnt, cant we just return it to gamestop for a refund?

Before I get this, if it comes disc only (which I don't want), how much can I return it to Gamestop/EB for? I'm probably out of luck on getting the shipping charges refunded, right?

[quote name='DarthPuma']Look, I don't have a CC. I'll paypal anyone that does the 35 bucks it costs to buy it, if they'll just put the shipping address as my house. (Ill PM this)[/quote]
Just use PayPal's Virtual Debit card. ;)

[quote name='mberkes']Before I get this, if it comes disc only (which I don't want), how much can I return it to Gamestop/EB for? I'm probably out of luck on getting the shipping charges refunded, right?[/quote]

Shipping should be free as long as you used the code for it. Technically, the only thing you'd be losing is the money in gas it'll take you to bring it to a GS and return it.

[quote name='Antic']Shipping should be free as long as you used the code for it. Technically, the only thing you'd be losing is the money in gas it'll take you to bring it to a GS and return it.[/quote]
Well, my problem, as with every other online store I want to use, is that I'm in Canada; SAVER doesn't work for me. Shipping would be 15 bucks to get this game, so 50ish in total. Any idea about a refund now?

[quote name='mberkes']Well, my problem, as with every other online store I want to use, is that I'm in Canada; SAVER doesn't work for me. Shipping would be 15 bucks to get this game, so 50ish in total. Any idea about a refund now?[/quote]

ouch.. that sucks.. id say just wait til a few people get this to confirm what gets shipped to them (manual, case, etc) but them it might be too late.. :(

[quote name='jeremywoods']ouch.. that sucks.. id say just wait til a few people get this to confirm what gets shipped to them (manual, case, etc) but them it might be too late.. :([/quote]
Haha yes, yes it DOES suck. I'm torn between this and nocturne on play-asia though...which one does everyone think I should get if I only get one? Is Nocturne confirmed as a reprint (and therefore probably sticking around a while) or should I bite on this deal (and risk a crappy copy?)

fuck, I'm not able to use secure cards since I never verified my bank. I'm getting desperate. I'll give whoever gets me one the cost and a steam copy of Half lIfe 2.

[quote name='mberkes']Well, my problem, as with every other online store I want to use, is that I'm in Canada; SAVER doesn't work for me. Shipping would be 15 bucks to get this game, so 50ish in total. Any idea about a refund now?[/quote]

Well, how about this. I ordered two of them. If I get two that are both complete, I could ship one to you for cost and shipping. The only thing I can say though is that I wouldn't get your hopes up. I expect to have stuff missing which is why I ordered two. I hope to get a complete one between the two and just return one. If I'm wrong, I'll let you know.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']How much later can things be returned?[/quote]

Thirty days after the shipping date. Just need the packing slip, along with the game, and you should be good to go.

[quote name='Antic']Well, how about this. I ordered two of them. If I get two that are both complete, I could ship one to you for cost and shipping. The only thing I can say though is that I wouldn't get your hopes up. I expect to have stuff missing which is why I ordered two. I hope to get a complete one between the two and just return one. If I'm wrong, I'll let you know.[/quote]
That would be awesome if you could do that for me! Of course, yeah, if you only get one complete I wouldn't expect for you to send that to me. My luck is such that if I ordered two, both would probably be scratched discs only. If you happen to get two complete ones, I'll definitely buy one from you. Just let me know when they come in!

[quote name='Antic']Well, how about this. I ordered two of them. If I get two that are both complete, I could ship one to you for cost and shipping. The only thing I can say though is that I wouldn't get your hopes up. I expect to have stuff missing which is why I ordered two. I hope to get a complete one between the two and just return one. If I'm wrong, I'll let you know.[/quote]
that's a good idea. just ordered another one. thanks :applause:

I didn't know you can order used games online and then return them to the store for a full refund. What stops people from 'renting' the games that way?

You have 7 days to return used games when you buy them at gs/eb stores for a full refund. Also you have 30 days for a defective disc to replace. Some gs/eb employees have told me if there isn't another copy in the area you can get a refund but haven't had a defective disc yet. i know a lot people hate gs/eb but that is one of reasons I get most of my games from them. Their coupons have been really good lately. Lastly better late than never their website has changed for the better.

[quote name='lockey']You have 7 days to return used games when you buy them at gs/eb stores for a full refund. Also you have 30 days for a defective disc to replace. Some gs/eb employees have told me if there isn't another copy in the area you can get a refund but haven't had a defective disc yet. [/quote]

I've seen stacks of defective disks at one of the Gamestops I go to regularly. It sucks too because there were some decent games in there I would have bought too had they not been defective. I have yet to get a defective disc though... *knocks on wood as well*

Just ordered 2 of them, hopefully I get at least one complete copy :)
I wonder what the limit is? I should have just ordered like 10 of them.

[quote name='Strife025']Just ordered 2 of them, hopefully I get at least one complete copy :)
I wonder what the limit is? I should have just ordered like 10 of them.[/QUOTE]

Do it.

[quote name='Strife025']Just ordered 2 of them, hopefully I get at least one complete copy :)
I wonder what the limit is? I should have just ordered like 10 of them.[/quote]

if these are "new" / reprints that they opened to resell as used,
do you guys really think theyd jip us like that and send us discs only
and keep the case and manual just for the lulz??

oh wait.. gamestop..

[quote name='jeremywoods']if these are "new" / reprints that they opened to resell as used,
do you guys really think theyd jip us like that and send us discs only
and keep the case and manual just for the lulz??

oh wait.. gamestop..[/QUOTE]

Anyone that is actually ordering these games must be some kind of smt or even atlus fan.
and im pretty sure about 80% of those wont be satisfied with a disc only copy.

So really, they are just going to have a bunch of random discs returned to them. I know ebstop would do lots of things, but why would they screw themselves over?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Anyone that is actually ordering these games must be some kind of smt or even atlus fan.

So really, they are just going to have a bunch of random discs returned to them. I know ebstop would do lots of things, but why would they screw themselves over?[/quote]

im kinda wondering how many they have in stock,
if everyone is ordering multiple copies..
other hoarders who buy 10+ copies and ebay em..
and everyone else lookin for this game..
when they run outta stock, the website says out of stock, right?
or when you try to add to your cart, it just jumps to an empty page??

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Anyone that is actually ordering these games must be some kind of smt or even atlus fan.

So really, they are just going to have a bunch of random discs returned to them. I know ebstop would do lots of things, but why would they screw themselves over?[/quote]

I'm a collector, so disc-only is unacceptable to me. I have a good catalog of Atlus games as well that I do enjoy to play a lot. If I was only gonna play through the game once and that's all, it'd be a different story though (in which it would be ok for a disc-only in whatever condition).

[quote name='Antic']I'm a collector, so disc-only is unacceptable to me. I have a good catalog of Atlus games as well that I do enjoy to play a lot. If I was only gonna play through the game once and that's all, it'd be a different story though (in which it would be ok for a disc-only in whatever condition).[/QUOTE]

game collecting is freaking hard

unless you collect sports games.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']game collecting is freaking hard

unless you collect sports games.[/quote]

its fun tho, and pretty rewarding in the end,
knowing you put hard work and effort into finding
all those rare games, and especially when
others drool over your collection

just dont feel bad on how much money you spent on them..

[quote name='jeremywoods']its fun tho, and pretty rewarding in the end,
knowing you put hard work and effort into finding
all those rare games, and especially when
others drool over your collection

just dont feel bad on how much money you spent on them..[/QUOTE]

money should just never be an object. Go to school, work hard, and get rich, only to buy Earthbound for the SNES when you dont even have time to play it :(

[quote name='ihavenolife123']money should just never be an object. Go to school, work hard, and get rich, only to buy Earthbound for the SNES when you dont even have time to play it :([/quote]

Heh, I own Earthbound for the SNES along with the strategy guide. :)

Off topic but Nocturne is $39.99 in stock right now. Just ordered 2 of those too. Used cag16, edge and saver for $32.57.

[quote name='Antic']Heh, I own Earthbound for the SNES along with the strategy guide. :)[/quote]

nice.. very nice. :applause:

its stuff like this that makes a collector happy

You guys got me scared, so I just placed an order for a second copy of DDS1. Want to make sure I get a complete copy, at least between the two orders.

And I just picked up a new DDS2 at my local GS for $19.99. It was gutted, but at least it was case, manual and disc.

Trying to guarantee I complete the trifecta - Nocturne, DDS1 and DDS2.

bread's done
Back