Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, the Machinarium deal shows itself. It's a bit late, though. The Developers themselves are offering both Samorost 2 and Machinarium (All Versions included.) together with some nice extras for $10. (On their official website.)

D2D is going to be Status Quo with a 50% deal ($9.95, probably), and wouldn't you rather give the money straight to the hardworking Developers?

[quote name='crossyndicate']I am highly invested into Dragon Age:Origins on my 360 and would love to play it on my PC also :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Though I doubt how well my PC would play it. Shame as I'm not too fond of the clunky controls on 360 (once you get used to them tho, they're okay)

Mirror's Edge sells extremely well as a $5 game, as evidenced by this sale, but not as a $60 one.

EA confirmed that a "small team" is working on a sequel. Who knows, maybe there's hope for a stronger franchise in the future.

So, I bit into the Civ 4 complete edition deal a few minutes before it expired.

Can someone tell me how to activate it on steam? I didn't get a CD key or anything.

Thx for the help. I need to stop spending money.

[quote name='Default09']So, I bit into the Civ 4 complete edition deal a few minutes before it expired.

Can someone tell me how to activate it on steam? I didn't get a CD key or anything.

Thx for the help. I need to stop spending money.[/QUOTE]
You should have gotten one in the screen after you paid. The key is in bold red font.

It's a shame this can't be activated/downloaded over steam. I've downloaded the civ file with IE/ download manager / with and without firewall but some how keeps getting corrupted or is missing an mp3 file. Funny thing it's not always the same file or same song. I was able to install it but missing a Beethoven mp3.

I'll just try again in a couple days and see if that helps out but my first purchase experience from D2D hasn't been a good one. Most likely will be my last depending on how the other three downloads go.

with d2d, some files fail unless you use their silly downloader program. I myself have frustrating retried downloading a few large games I purchased that couldn't install, but when I downloaded again with their program, they installed fine. (you can uninstall the downloader immediately afterwards)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Meh, I'll wait for the Steam winter sale. I bet it'll be this price or less.[/QUOTE]
I, as well. Does the Winter Sale start right on the 25th, or does it begin on the 26th/27th?

Rats, I missed a lot of these sales already. I wonder why Cheapy front paged this now (again)? I would've gone for Witcher probably...

[quote name='gunm']Rats, I missed a lot of these sales already. I wonder why Cheapy front paged this now (again)? I would've gone for Witcher probably...[/QUOTE]
yeah me too.. I'd definitely like the sims 3 =] I'm super giddy when it comes to the Sims but yeah I've been a bit late on this since I'm a sucker for expansion packs as with the sims and sims 2 and now that world adventures is out I'm all for the sims 3 now BUT I obviously missed the deal for this =[ either way Good luck and happy holidays my fellow CAGs

Woo, went ahead and snagged DoW II since it loads through steam. I had almost picked it up when steam had the THQ pack on sale last month, but I held off since I owned most of the good games within.

I didn't realize this was on the front page. It explains why everyone seems to be discovering these deals for the first time despite 25+ pages of discussion.

[quote name='bitter1961']Just a reminder that Machinarium is available directly from the developer along with Samorost 2 and exclusive soundtracks for both games, all for the same price of $10, DRM free. Or Impulse still has the MACH65 coupon active if you want Machinarium alone for $7.[/QUOTE]

Yeah today's deal is pretty crappy compared to the pack the devs are offering. And I've never heard of any of the additional games on sale.

Missed RE5

Missed Prototype

Missed Dawn of War II

Oh well, hopefully the last few games will be just as awesome. I'm thinking about checking out Machinarium since Play magazine has said a lot of great things about it. =)

[quote name='Xealot42']I've never heard of any of the additional games on sale.[/QUOTE]

SWAT 4? Brilliant tactical FPS, sort of like Rainbow 6 used to be. It actually spawned from the Police Quest games, but SWAT 3 was an FPS, and SWAT 4 was an even better one. Great coop support and giant mod community, too. It was made by Irrational/2K Boston of Bioshock fame. There are rumors that Ken Levine is at work on a SWAT 4-style follow-up, possibly as part of the X-Com franchise, and I'm actually more excited about that than Bioshock 2.

I remember playing the SWAT 4 demo years ago over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I just bought SWAT 4 gold if it's as awesome as I remember it then it's worth it. That was a long time ago though and things have changed o_O ........ Here a link to the demo if anyone wants to try it: http://download.cnet.com/SWAT-4/3000-7441_4-10367108.html

If your computer explodes or sends beacons out to Aliens after downloading this, don't blame me.......

[quote name='darkarcon']If Champions Online does go on sale for $15, does that mean all we're really paying for is a month of play time?[/QUOTE]
Pretty Much, if it hits $15 I'll definitely bite, but $20 seems more likely.

I've seen some Swat 4 gameplay by SpoonyOne, an internet reviewer, and it's hilarious to watch because of relentless realism and annoying AI, but I doubt I'd enjoy it myself.

Has anyone tried Champions Online? Is it any good?

[quote name='randomdud']I've seen some Swat 4 gameplay by SpoonyOne, an internet reviewer, and it's hilarious to watch because of relentless realism and annoying AI, but I doubt I'd enjoy it myself.

Has anyone tried Champions Online? Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

That just makes it all the better when you're playing on a LAN and can scream at each other when someone messes up and shoots a surrendering criminal. And it's a good stress reliever when you're lining up to prepare to enter a room and someone decides to taser a teammate to see them twitch, which usually devolves into a tasering match for 5 minutes before you line back up on the door. RPS have a nice write-up of the game.

Anyway, Steam just posted a demo of Champions Online.

Interesting. Torchlight is the game in the Ornament now. How can it be $9.95 now (Current Sale Price), and on sale again for the Christmas special?

Whoa, it'd be amazing if D2D made it $4.95 just to strike back at the preemptive Steam sale.

D2D is awful at transitions. $29.95 is most certainly not 50% less than $39.95. But anyway, looks like tomorrows deal is Torchlight. I guess they put Torchlight on sale early so they could put it even more on sale to combat Steam. Oh well, I am happy with Steam Cloud and achievements.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Interesting. Torchlight is the game in the Ornament now. How can it be $9.95 now (Current Sale Price), and on sale again for the Christmas special?

Whoa, it'd be amazing if D2D made it $4.95 just to strike back at the preemptive Steam sale.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing they just forgot to take the ornament out of the rotation. I'm going to wait for them to fix their math error and see if the ornament and other deals on the page change before updating the title/OP.

[quote name='Xealot42']I'm guessing they just forgot to take the ornament out of the rotation. I'm going to wait for them to fix their math error and see if the ornament and other deals on the page change before updating the title/OP.[/QUOTE]

For being programmers they do an awful job at the most simple types of math.

[quote name='Kaltic']For being programmers they do an awful job at the most simple types of math.[/QUOTE]

What's really weird is the D2D homepage claims Champions Online IS 50% off, at $14.95.. however, the 24 Days of Christmas and the game's page both say $29.95.

Although, while I still see Torchlight advertised on the D2D homepage, I don't see it on the 24 Days of Christmas page - I see Kings/Police/Space Quest Collections, along with a mis-printed Space Siege (at $9.95 it's 50% off, not the 25% off the banner claims), along with the usual Empire Earths.

All in all, I'm very confused.. :whistle2:?

Although, I like the idea that tomorrow Torchlight might be $4.95! THAT would be cool (though improbable)!!

They fixed the math but left the Torchlight ornament so I guess it is here to stay. I don't think they will discount it anymore than they already have though or they will piss off everyone who just bought it for $10 the day before. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Figures. :roll:

As soon as I post about the homepage versus Sale page price mismatch, D2D goes ahead and fixes the price.

It's showing as $14.95 everywhere on the site now.

As great as Torchlight at $4.95 would be, D2D's Status Quo mentality will probably go for 60% off, resulting in an $8 pricetag. Still a good price, but not much of a change over the current $10 deal.

We'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='BitLooter']Oh, it's Torchlight today. Hope I win, haven't had any Diablo-type action in a while.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the winners get any game of their choice (up to $50)..

So, winning and picking a $10 game isn't exactly the most 'cost effective' [for lack of better term] - I'd find a game I wanted in the $40-$50 range and buy Torchlight out of pocket to make the most out of winning, personally! :D

I think I'll buy torchlight, but I'm not sure I can enjoy a Diablo-style game that doesn't have online play. How am I gonna show off all my loot?

bread's done
Back