Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drue']I think I'll buy torchlight, but I'm not sure I can enjoy a Diablo-style game that doesn't have online play. How am I gonna show off all my loot?[/QUOTE]

take screenshots and post them on facebook

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I feel bad for anyone who bought this game launch. I hear it's short in terms of endgame stuff and at 50 bucks I would've been sour.[/QUOTE]

Not referencing Torchlight I presume?

[quote name='Trelow']Not referencing Torchlight I presume?[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of Torchlight being $50? No he is talking about Champions Online.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I feel bad for anyone who bought this game launch. I hear it's short in terms of endgame stuff and at 50 bucks I would've been sour.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its actually the first game I paid full retail price for in years, and I got in on release day (which I regret). Was really looking forward to this game for years, when it was still going to be Marvel Universe Online. I dont think I will be purchasing another MMORPG again anytime soon, much less one made by Cryptic. This game could have no monthly fee and its still not worth my time.

torchlight could be a good deal.

what's amazing is that today it's the 2nd best selling game, as if it's going to be more expensive tomorrow. but i guess not everyone reads past the first page.

Well Steam Holiday Sale is live. Champions is $10 there. Torchlight is $10, and of course the Steam Cloud and Achievements.

Hell everything is on sale. No point in checking D2D anymore, Steam has them matched or beaten for everything.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Wait, another Dragon Age Origins deal is tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Just saw this also- Doubling up/DLC or keeping us on our toes they are

I'm in a bit of disbelief with D2D's "double-dipping" with Origins. However, considering how they made an already-discounted game a daily deal (Torchlight), it seems D2D doesn't mind appearing clumsy when it comes to their own promotions.

That could have been said about this sale on Day One, I suppose. (Again, great job to all those who found the "hidden" Ornament and Banner images.)

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm in a bit of disbelief with D2D's "double-dipping" with Origins. However, considering how they made an already-discounted game a daily deal (Torchlight), it seems D2D doesn't mind appearing clumsy when it comes to their own promotions.[/QUOTE]

I'm suspicious about Dragon Age too. There's no CSS data specified for picking out the 24th ornament (unlike all the others had), and Dragon Age is just what appears by default when they don't use CSS to pick one out specifically. I thought the lack of CSS for the 24th deal was a holdover from when they had their ornaments all in order, with the last one in the top-left corner (the default, where Dragon Age is located now). It has the look of a "clever" optimization that they forgot wouldn't work when they switched the order of the ornaments around, so it's possible they still haven't realized/are taking their usual several hours to update the CSS file to point at whichever ornament is the correct one.

On the other hand, yeah, maybe they'll have the deluxe edition tomorrow just to piss off anyone who actually took advantage of their older sale on the regular edition.

[quote name='Walburga']Actually, the winners get any game of their choice (up to $50)..

So, winning and picking a $10 game isn't exactly the most 'cost effective' [for lack of better term] - I'd find a game I wanted in the $40-$50 range and buy Torchlight out of pocket to make the most out of winning, personally! :D[/QUOTE]
Sweet, I thought we were playing for the game on the ornaments. This is much better. :p

I'm holding off on guess until later today. Waiting to see if they sort things out first.

Well, it's been several hours now. I think they're probably going to keep Dragon Age: Origins as the deal.

Personally, I'm more concerned about what will be offered Christmas Day.

Looks like they fixed the Dragon Age Origins ornament and changed it to the Spore ornament. Unless something else changes, Spore will be tomorrow's game.

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']Looks like they fixed the Dragon Age Origins ornament and changed it to the Spore ornament. Unless something else changes, Spore will be tomorrow's game.[/QUOTE]
I wonder how this affects the name that game giveaway. I'm sure plenty of people already guessed DAO. Maybe it is a trick to keep anyone from winning the grand prize! :lol:

[quote name='Xealot42']I wonder how this affects the name that game giveaway. I'm sure plenty of people already guessed DAO. Maybe it is a trick to keep anyone from winning the grand prize! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well it's kind of funny, because this is the second time that I have experienced these ornaments changing throughout the day.

I would hope that they would accept both answers because, technically speaking, both were correct. However, I can see them changing the ornament at the last second to something completely different and saying "Hah, no one guessed it! The other two ornaments were decoys. DECOYS!"

Yeah, I got hit with the decoy, so I'm out of the "Guess All 24 Correctly" drawing. Still, I threw in my guesses faithfully each day, but no winnings.

Oh well, there's still the "awesome game deals" promised for Christmas Day. (Although Steam has already beat them to that one.)

Predictably enough.

Not like anyone still cares, because Steam has clearly owned D2D as far as this holiday sale goes, but...

Today's Game: Spore ($19.95)
Today's Ornament: Mirror's Edge (from the very first deal, I believe)

Here's to hoping for an actually tempting deal tomorrow.

[quote name='randomdud']Mirror's Edge again? What's going on here? I'm willing to bet it's a mistake, so I'm not going to enter the name contest yet.[/QUOTE]
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the first D2D deal was Mirror's Edge. However, I don't think they were doing the ornament guessing on the last day of November. Therefore, we never really guessed the Mirror's Edge ornament... and, since this is 24 days of deals and we need to correctly guess all 24, they needed something for us on the last day. Mirror's Edge was the only thing that made sense.

...who knows though. D2D certainly has messed up enough throughout this month that it certainly could be a mistake.

Some of D2D's Christmas Day sales seem to be available. They include games like LOOM, Lucidity, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and the Lucasarts Adventure Pack.

The prices are either worse or matched by Steam.

Double-Post and Bump. For those that missed out on the mediocre deals, they're back; The deals offered during the 24 Days Sale are available again.

Just head to the Holiday Page again.

If you bought something during the 24 Days of Christmas sale, make sure you check the e-mail account associated with your D2D account. Looks like they sent everyone who bought a game a $5 credit.

[quote name='Default09']I got 5 bucks from D2D as a gift. Any recs?[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for games close to $5:

Lucasarts Adventure Pack $2.50 - Classic adventure gaming on the cheap
Secret of Monkey Island: SE $4.95 - (see above)
Deus Ex $7.50 - Combination of stellar story & gameplay (or get it in the great Steam pack)
Osmos $4.95 - The best chill-out puzzle-blob game there is.
SWAT 4: Gold $9.95 - Immersive & detailed tactical shooter from Irrational (Bioshock, Thief 3, System Shock 2, Freedom Force, Tribes: Vengeance.....they make good games, OK.)
Assault Heroes $4.95 - A thoroughly enjoyable shoot-em-up.

or use the $5 to drop more recent gems like Torchlight or Trine.

I got Mercs 2 yesterday, but I'm regretting it after reading more info on it and trying to get a refund or credit or something. Is the game that buggy and broken? Pandemic went out of business so their forums are like a ghost town as well, and its an orphan game just a short year after its release. I always wanted to play Mercenaries as I like sandbox type games but apparently they f'ed this one up.

[quote name='Hollywood']I got Mercs 2 yesterday, but I'm regretting it after reading more info on it and trying to get a refund or credit or something. Is the game that buggy and broken? Pandemic went out of business so their forums are like a ghost town as well, and its an orphan game just a short year after its release. I always wanted to play Mercenaries as I like sandbox type games but apparently they f'ed this one up.[/QUOTE]

It is, but it's at least $5 worth of fun.

Is there some problem with DRM on Red Alert 3? I remember hearing about it back when the game came out. I really want to try it out thought.

Thinking about Need For Speed Shift. It's 24.95, 19.95 with the $5 credit. Any thoughts if this is worth it?

[quote name='dboy81']Thinking about Need For Speed Shift. It's 24.95, 19.95 with the $5 credit. Any thoughts if this is worth it?[/QUOTE]
It is the only game I picked up in the sale and I am enjoying it. There is a demo available so you can give it a try if you want. I don't have a wheel but it plays well with the 360 controller.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Is there some problem with DRM on Red Alert 3? I remember hearing about it back when the game came out. I really want to try it out thought.[/QUOTE]

Securom 5 machine activation limit on all version except steam. Personally I am going to wait to see if it will be one of steams deals

[quote name='Xealot42']It is the only game I picked up in the sale and I am enjoying it. There is a demo available so you can give it a try if you want. I don't have a wheel but it plays well with the 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I think I'll probably go for it. Cheers!

[quote name='z3razerviper']Securom 5 machine activation limit on all version except steam. Personally I am going to wait to see if it will be one of steams deals[/QUOTE]

I think there's a good chance

looking at what EA games are on sale for the D2D sale you'll see quite a few that have been part of the Steam daily deals as well (though Need for Speed: Shift didn't go as low on Steam while Dragon Age was lower on Steam)

Does The Witcher have secrurom too?

Edit: Actually I read that it does not. I was scared for a moment since I downloaded The Witcher and Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines but neither have securom so I am happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='volt1up']Looking forward to the deals.[/QUOTE]
I am posting on here so that I can win the Direct2Drive Games set. Should I not have mentioned that? :)

Some good games there, some I bought the other week at full(er) price from them. D2D has been my download site of choice now for 2 years.

I'm a little disappointed today's deal is just all the other deals again. I didn't buy anything, but the anticipation still interested me.

bread's done
Back