DiRT 3 - General Discussion X-Games Asia Available Now 400 MPs

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
profile_header.jpg

(credit to Dirt3's Youtube Channel)
DiRT 3, developed and published by Codemasters, comes out May 24th and will focus back to rallying along an all new weather system (as of what you've seen in F1 2010) and a new Gymkhana mode!

DiRT 3 will boast more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series, including over 50 rally cars representing the very best from five decades of the sport. With more than double the track content of 2009’s hit, DiRT 3 will see players start at the top as a professional driver, with a top-flight career in competitive off-road racing complimented by the opportunity to express themselves in Gymkhana-style showpiece driving events.

As players race to elevate their global standing, DiRT 3 delivers mud, sweat and gears world over: from the intense weather-beaten rally stages of Europe, Africa and the US, to executing performance driving showcases and career challenges where car control is pushed to spectacular limits. DiRT 3 is now in development at Codemasters Studios for a 2011 release for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® LIVE.

Dirt 3 will incorporate rally classes: There are 9 Pure Rally classes with 6 non rally classes. The classes are:
Rally: WRC, Open rally(Rally america), Super rally 2000, Group B(4WD), Raid, 60s rally, 70s rally, 80s rear wheel drive and 90s.
Non Rally: Rallycross, Modern Trailblazer, Classic Trailblazer, Landrush trucks, Landrush Buggies and Gymkhana.

A slew of videos from Trailers to Dev Diaries to Uploads:
Teaser Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6JB_eAg_QY
Dev Diary 1: Rally Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ0TOjomgt4
Dev Diary 2: Gymkhana, now you can be just like Ken Block and hone your skills!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QypWi69oix0
Dev Diary 3: Keeping it Real
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu1dz-tKYgs
Group B Rally Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2gwGg1Oblw
DiRT 3 will also allow players to upload 30 seconds of hey did you see that gameplay footage straight to youtube (similar to what PS3 users got with Just Cause 2) Here are a few from the developers themselves:
Dirt 3's Metacritic Average: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dirt-3
:applause:Yes Please! :drool:

Codemasters is planning a series of DLC packages for Dirt 3 varying from new cars and rally locations. The previous DLC can be read about here.

DiRT 3 also has 4 avatar awards for completing Seasons 1&2 and having a fan level of 12 & 24:
Racing_Suit.png
Rally_Helmet.png
Racing_Shoes.png
Racing_Gloves.png

Dirt 3 Soundtrack Info

Last edited by a moderator:
You did alot of work on this thread for basically you and me to talk about how awesome of a rally racing game this will be. Love the Group B video. There's also a gameplay trailer out there with Demons by South Central playing that's pretty sweet.

You ever play DiRT2 anymore? I kinda gave up when I finished up the single player part. Every race I got into online included at least one player in the top 75 in the world and they rarely made a mistake so no wins for me.

Haha yeah I knew you'd be the one person to respond. Aside from many UK people I think we're the only ones looking forward to this game. I linked to a bunch of videos but if you check out Dirt3's youtube channel there are plenty more. :bouncy:

I play Dirt 2 from time to time but only do random single player events because I'd rather race against really hard AI because yeah they do make mistakes (props Codemasters). Since I finished the campaign a long time ago I usually just set up races with the dash perspective while using a racing wheel = bump up the difficulty lol.

Group B has me excited too, those cars are wicked fast. I secured my pre-order (might as well secure a few bonuses if I'm planning on picking it up up day 1) from Amazon the other day plus I upgraded to 99 cent release day shipping from the normal $5.95 shipping lol. ^^

I'm wondering what kind of menu system they'll have for Dirt 3, the previous iterations have had some pretty innovative menu systems.

Me too! Loved Dirt 2, and given that the rally events were the best parts imo, I'm really looking forward to 3.

Love the Dirt series, even though I personally never owned a copy. I'll prolly pick this one up on a Black Friday sale or after some trade ins.

I preordered this off steam for $44.99. It included Dirt 2. I know there won't be an PC thread, so I thought I would post in here. Dirt 2 looks fantastic maxed out on a PC.

I never played the original DiRT, or any of the Colin McRae games, but I loved DiRT 2. The presentation in DiRT 2 was great, and I loved the gameplay and controls. If DiRT 3 manages to just live up to its preprocessor, I'll be very happy.

If you like rally you should try out DiRT 1. It's less Americanized and a little more focused on truer rally. I really liked DiRT2, but I'm glad DiRT3 is including more rally racing.

[quote name='Gamehead']I preordered this off steam for $44.99. It included Dirt 2. I know there won't be an PC thread, so I thought I would post in here. Dirt 2 looks fantastic maxed out on a PC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I believe that was the reason for the delay from the console to the PC version.

If you have or can find Ralisport Challenge in the bargin bin or ebay, it's backwards compatible with the 360 and it was one of my favorite rally games from the original Xbox days. Ralisport Challenge 2 is pretty sweet but it's not bc unfortunately. Still racing on snow and ice with special cleat tires is hella fun.

I basically just discovered racing games, and I ordered a copy of the first Dirt. I don't frankly know a thing about rally racing is but the super buggies look too cool to pass up. I played the demo and got crushed but I like how, no pun intended, dirty everything is compared to something like Forza, this one and Shift, too.

[quote name='Survivalism']I basically just discovered racing games, and I ordered a copy of the first Dirt. I don't frankly know a thing about rally racing is but the super buggies look too cool to pass up. I played the demo and got crushed but I like how, no pun intended, dirty everything is compared to something like Forza, this one and Shift, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Codemasters makes racing games that are really fun to drive in. If you haven't played it yet I highly recommend picking up GRID, best damn arcade/sim racing game around. The biggest thing about GRID and the DiRT series is the flashbacks you can use to negate a crash on the home stretch or something that made you fall from first to last place for example. What is nice, esp in your circumstance, is if you want to play on an easy difficulty they'll give you more of these along with easier opponents but if you want something intense while upping the difficulty the game will take away the crash do-overs which gives you a challenge. This allows the game can be played by many but also still challenge the hardcore or the "purist" racing fans.

Too bad they're axing the festival atmosphere menu of the second (really cool); I was expecting dirt bikes, ATVs, and even monster truck interiors for future Dirt games (and those semis from the first Dirt), but alas, the fans got their rally roots back (good for them).

That gymkahdajsdhjashda looks boring as hell.

Would've mixed things up since the second blew its load 1/3 threw the campaign (just making more laps).

I'll probably be picking up the game. I really enjoyed Dirt2 althought I never got around to finishing it because I really was getting into it when MW2 came out. I don't typically like sim racers but something about this game made it enjoyable for me.

Updated OP, dev uploads #4 and #5 added. The 5th video shows a tire blowout and then the crazy aftermath as the dev is pushing the limits on the off-road course! oh boy :cold: :cool:

Reviews are in, and it looks good! OP updated with metacritic link. I read Gamesradar's review and I'm foaming at the mouth and will probably be playing Dirt 2 again today lol.

The Gamesradar review talked about a race against a bobsled team in a certain place seen from Top Gear:
http://youtu.be/7zKgaXwO8Ao

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat me to it. I noticed some of the European reviews last night while checking out a review for Sega Rally Arcade Online on Eurogamer. Dirt 3 is looking awesome.

BTW, why would Sega release SRAO the week before Dirt 3? Barring WRC actually getting released here (anyone have any info on that one?) Dirt 3 is the only rally game coming out this year and they release SRAO the week before??? Granted it's really more of an arcade racer than a rally game, but still. FYI, SRAO has four tracks from Sega Rally Revo and one classic track, a very minor single player mode and is depending on mp. Those servers won't be getting full for very long.

Just finished watching the Jordan Rally on HD Theater. Wow.

Yeah, I already busted out my copy of Dirt 2 to play as soon as I'm done with work this afternoon. Also, I think Sega only released SROA to get a boost from wave of those excited about Dirt3 but from what I've seen it is very "arcadey".

I pre-ordered Dirt3 at GS with week with some credit I still had. Granted, I'm not great at Dirt2 and never got around to finishing it :oops:

Do you know if the Steam/PC version support the 360 controller because I don't have a wheel and don't want to play this with a mouse and keyboard.

[quote name='woodcan']Thanks Quincy ;-) I was just about to come post that after I found it just a little while ago.
Also, a similar post for Dirt 2
http://community.codemasters.com/fo...-2-supported-controllers-steering-wheels.html

One more thing, I just downloaded and played the Dirt 2 demo from Steam and OMFG I was expecting it to look better but it basically made me pre-order Dirt 3 on steam to play on my PC.[/QUOTE]

We'll need to friend again so we can meet up on the PC version sometime

:)

Hehe Yeah I started playing Dirt 2 again, at level 97 now haha.

The Dallenbach rally races are my absolute favorite, that thing flies with impeccable handling.

Put Dirt 2 in my 360 a few days ago. My save is nowhere to be found :cry:. Forget how far I was in but it was pretty far. Aside from that sad story I'm really looking forward to Dirt 3. I've loved the last two and this one looks to be better with 60% of it being rally. The special edition is awesome if your into RC Cars. A $320 Traxxas brushless RC for $300 and you get a copy of Dirt 3. If I was into electric RC I'd do it but I'm Nitro;)

http://www.gamestop.com/games/dirt-3-with-ken-block-gymkhana-rc-car-bundle/90811

Sucks about your save. I used to be really into Nitro RC and never bothered to look into how good of a deal the special edition was. This weekend I just pre-ordered Dirt 3 on steam, which came with a free copy of Dirt 2, so I decided to start fresh on the PC despite my progress on the 360 :)

I preordered Dirt 3 on Steam and pre-loaded it over the weekend. All ready for the game's release.

The game supports Games for Windows Live. So, I still get my achievements. Can't race with anyone here, but the graphics will look pretty sweet on my PC. :)

Hoffer, there is at least 2 of us that are also getting the game on PC. Probably also means we all have Dirt 2 on PC if you got the steam deal.

[quote name='woodcan']Hoffer, there is at least 2 of us that are also getting the game on PC. Probably also means we all have Dirt 2 on PC if you got the steam deal.[/QUOTE]

I bought Dirt 2 on Steam a couple months after it first came out.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Got confirmation that my game has been shipped. Eeeeeee[/QUOTE]Haha. Going to rehab tomorrow morning then stopping by GS to pick up my reserved copy, then hitting blockbuster for the B1G1, then DiRT3 all day.

I may actually try a little Dirt 2 in order to snag the achievement for winning against 7 racers. It's the only one I need and every game I play has a top 100 in the world racer in it. Maybe they'll all move on to 3 and I can get a decent room.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Haha. Going to rehab tomorrow morning then stopping by GS to pick up my reserved copy, then hitting blockbuster for the B1G1, then DiRT3 all day. [/QUOTE]

I hope the GS I reserved at even gets it tomorrow, I'll probably have to wait until Wednesday, but oh well.

Played a little on Steam. It looks awesome (better than what I can remember any of my console racers looking; in fact I want to get Grid on PC after seeing how this game looks so I can compare it to PS3), and is pretty fun. The first race was brutal (for me), but I dominated the 3rd, and really loved the 2nd race. Looking forward to more, though I have to play Dirt 2 as well (since it came with 3).

Getting really great reviews, could be the first Rally game I am really interested in since...
Rallisport Challenge 2.

Is it still 30 fps on consoles still?

Hoffer, I had same problem last night. I swear the "Decryption" took 20-30 minutes and if I had known it was even a necessary step would have started it right when the game unlocked.

Is it just me or do the first few cars you have access to suck? Going from Dirt 2 to Dirt 3 I feel like I just kept losing control on the first few tracks. Could be I just suck that bad.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Getting really great reviews, could be the first Rally game I am really interested in since...
Rallisport Challenge 2.

Is it still 30 fps on consoles still?[/QUOTE]

I don't know the specific number but it's smooth, even smooth when you're doing two player split screen. Like the GamesRadar review says, Codemaster's engine rocks.

Yeah I wish Ralisport Challenge 2 was bc like 1 is for the 360. Oh well I'll get my fix when the damn UPS driver shows up today lol. That said I topped off my Dirt 2 profile at lvl 99, although I have no idea when it stops counting exp.

Aggghh. I just picked up Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire, and UFC Undisputed 2010 last week. I told myself I'd wait a bit before picking up another game, but, I'm a big DiRT fan. Might have to swing by the store on the way home....

[quote name='woodcan']Is it just me or do the first few cars you have access to suck? Going from Dirt 2 to Dirt 3 I feel like I just kept losing control on the first few tracks. Could be I just suck that bad.[/QUOTE]

OK, I realized there were "assists" on and I think that was what was throwing off my driving since I started driving much better after disabling them all. I'm loving this game on PC and it looks stunning at 1680x1050 although it's crashed a couple of times :cry: Call me crazy but I might still pick up my GS pre-order for 360 too to play on the big screen.

luvin the game so far. looks great. plays great. difficulty can be tweaked quite a bit. there's tons of content. i havent even tried all the crazy new multiplayer modes yet, saving that for later.

i think this game will keep me busy for a damn long time.

Wow, I'm actually jumping into a thread. That's a record.

Has anyone read any details about online? I've seen a lot of people talk about their undying love for Rallisport Challenge 2, and I'm in the same camp. The best part of multi-player on that game was the whole idea of setting up weekly challenges online via their website. You could set a series of tracks, and people could post their times whenever. If you were online at the same time, great. If not, you could still gloat over your .3 second lead after the fact.

Damn I miss me some RC2. I think I need Dirt 3.

Sig

Meanwhile, late-to-the-party-30%-through-Dirt-1-me just discovered how great rally racing is. I also wish I could have a co-pilot in every racing game from now on.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah Codemasters makes racing games that are really fun to drive in. If you haven't played it yet I highly recommend picking up GRID, best damn arcade/sim racing game around. The biggest thing about GRID and the DiRT series is the flashbacks you can use to negate a crash on the home stretch or something that made you fall from first to last place for example. What is nice, esp in your circumstance, is if you want to play on an easy difficulty they'll give you more of these along with easier opponents but if you want something intense while upping the difficulty the game will take away the crash do-overs which gives you a challenge. This allows the game can be played by many but also still challenge the hardcore or the "purist" racing fans.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo but I didn't like any of the cars in it. I'm sure it's just those specific cars but I couldn't really get a feel for the game, I don't think. I'm positive I'll still end up buying it, though. Plus I'm used to rally racing at the moment and was trying to drive that way which didn't help. I often find myself trying to drift in Dirt, too, and end up just coming to a complete stop like a goon.

bread's done
Back