DiRT 3 - General Discussion X-Games Asia Available Now 400 MPs

I'm pretty much done with this game (all gold events, platinum challenges (even those crappy tutorial ones too), unlocked all avatar rewards and reached lvl 30 offline/lvl 24 online), aside from just dicking around in the compound. Videos being worked on, hopefully get em up tonight when my speeds are faster. :bouncy:

Well I'm still working on the racing clips but here are a few funnies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3XG4kCP_KQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Q-2FREv4w

Hehe

Update: Gah I really do hate my connection, it'll take forever to upload the HD video I took so I guess forget it. Basically I've been creating my own race tracks in the DC Compound. Too bad Codemasters didn't allow us to throw down checkpoints, aka make our own custom races because there are a lot of possibilities in the Compound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really jonesing for the Stratos now. If Mud & Guts doesn't drop next week I will be way sad, especially after this horn pack baloney. There's a preview of those horns floating around YouTube and they are awful. Two of them are basically burglar alarms, "Big Rig" sounds more like a clown car or something, and no "La Cucaracha"!

So, time to build some Stratos hype! http://www.stratossupersite.com/lancia-stratos-history.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8hDNZm26Y

I really hope they get the sound right with this car, and that the classic livery is the one shown around 1:32 in the above video.

Mud & Guts Car Park - 480msp
Five additional vehicles contained within the pack, each with 5 liveries:
  • Lancia Stratos – Rally 70s
  • Peugeot 205 T16 Evo2 – Rally Group B
  • Citroen C4 RallyX – Rallycross
  • Saturn Sky – Gymkhana
  • Ford Mustang GTR – Trailblazer Modern

Haha I went on a bike ride today and came across the same BMW that's in Dirt 3 and I was on a dirt back road too. I bet he was rallying! ^^ I think I'm going to play some Dirt now lol.

Game has been updated, was surprised to get the message to download the update today. Although I haven't played connected for a while.

I'm still deciding on this DLC Pack.

[quote name='bsmiff']I hear the Stratos doesn't have the Alitalia livery due to licensing issues. Minor bummer.[/QUOTE]No Alitalia means no real stratos! I thought it was pretty awesome that the birthday car I received in GT5 was a Stratos and then I realized I was playing GT5. Really disappointed in that one, especially the rally parts.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Game has been updated, was surprised to get the message to download the update today. Although I haven't played connected for a while.

I'm still deciding on this DLC Pack.[/QUOTE]Description made me think it might fix my problem so I tried it out last night and I was able to play thru a rally in career mode. Tried another one and it froze up. Maybe next patch. This glitch has really made the CAG in me come out. I was gonna get most or all DLC as it came out to enjoy and as a vote of support for CM, but since I won't be able to run Monte Carlo anyway and the car packs aren't overwhelming I have only gotten the McRae car. I'm starting to get to the point that I can wait for a sale when I consider Monte Carlo seems overpriced and I don't know how long I'll wait to get a proper patch.

Ah that sucks, yeah I was hoping it fixed your problem.

I bit on the Mud & Guts pack and quite frankly mainly for the Stratos. Damn expensive car lol but oh man does that thing take me to a place I don't want to go. I mean I'm a freakin' animal when I drive that machine, so many rolls, crashes, swearing over-stearing corners and crazy stuff.
Take for example this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq45KTwUAvU
Edit: Updated the OP.

[quote name='bsmiff']

VipFREAK, check the CAG trading forum. I've seen some copies floating around recently.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'll have to think about that, Amazon no tax vs get it sooner for slight more $. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]Go new man. CM followed the VIP online Pass bs trend so you'll have to pay extra to play online if you buy used! Shoulda mentioned it earlier but forgot until just now.

Just going to say that the multiplayer in DiRT 3 is really worth playing. I don't know if you're just not a multiplayer guy but Cat 'n' Mouse and staggered start rallies with real people are the best.

I'm getting it tomorrow, (hopefully...) Target has it for $37 (well... it's listed at that, having copies is a different story...)

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm getting it tomorrow, (hopefully...) Target has it for $37 (well... it's listed at that, having copies is a different story...)[/QUOTE]

I work at Target myself, and when I tried I guess last month to price match Kmart's $40 (so I could also get my 15% off), they had 0 copies. It may have just been that store, but I had the feeling they didn't carry the game (or at least, not anymore).

When I picked up the game on release I tried Target first and they weren't carrying it, customer rep said it wasn't in the system. Had to go with Best Buy.

Also, I just did some research on the new Driver game and am really happy to see a few rally cars on the official car list! Audi Quattro S1, Ford RS-200, and the Lancia Stratos are all in along with plenty other iconic cars.

Made a thread about the game today if anyone's interested: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299511

Here's another Stratos clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja95quXEUfg

[quote name='JStryke']I work at Target myself, and when I tried I guess last month to price match Kmart's $40 (so I could also get my 15% off), they had 0 copies. It may have just been that store, but I had the feeling they didn't carry the game (or at least, not anymore).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, was thinking about that. I guess I can wait longer... Never did go and I have to work soon anyway...

Man, I've been away from Dirt 3 too long. I just now got around to buying the Power and Glory DLC and need to get more points for the rest of the DLC.

Quick question: Do the DLC cars show up as choices in the campaign? If they don't that would just suck. I have 4 races left in the main pyramids and most left in the lower smaller pyramids.

For the hell of it I called Target they did say they had "a bunch of copies" for $37 so I went down there. I got the last one $40 after taxes. :)

Updated OP, X-Games Asia is available now for 400 Microsoft Points.
Download the X Games Asia Track Pack to go for the win in Japan. The X Games Asia Track Pack includes four routes set across two new tracks in Shibuya, the neon heart of central Tokyo. These spectacular mud-spattered Rallycross circuits weave beneath towering skyscrapers in front of thousands of cheering fans.

Considering my fav track from Dirt 2 was Shibuya tracks I'm going to hazard a guess I'm getting this lol.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Updated OP, X-Games Asia is available now for 400 Microsoft Points.

Considering my fav track from Dirt 2 was Shibuya tracks I'm going to hazard a guess I'm getting this lol.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how it is! Video perhaps? The completionist in me says buy, but $5 for two rallycross tracks... the CAG in me is winning.

Yeah Shibuya is quite nice to look at, I mean I can't believe the detail the team did on the buildings. As you fly around the track you can see intricate detail on the skyscrappers, the urban playground, around you. It seems there are three achievements that come along with the X-Games Asia pack. Basically like the Monte Carlo these events will be at the end of one of the 4 triangles in each tier triangle.
Here's a clip drift overtaking on my favorite corner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgT4F2Ezv_g

Another clip, this time battling it out for first place using the RS200:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMadRHfbb-Y

Enjoyed the Shibuya DLC, just wish alongside the Monte Carlo that these would make their way into the Pro racing sessions. Hope they correct this in the followup.

Celebrating the Xgames and the release of the Asia Xgames DLC, Dirt 3 will have double fanbase from midnight on the 27th thru midnite on the 31st.

Hell of a spin! So are any old Dirt 3 buddies getting Driver: SF on Tuesday like me? It includes a few classic rally cars and I'd be down for creating some chase scenes online ;)

[quote name='jdawgg76']Celebrating the Xgames and the release of the Asia Xgames DLC, Dirt 3 will have double fanbase from midnight on the 27th thru midnite on the 31st.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, I wish I would have read this thread sooner. I actually dusted off my disc and started playing again the other day but for some reason my 360 would freeze when I got the Power and Glory DLC achievements (game had never frozen on me before on 360). Unfortunately, when I tried to boot up my PC copy it just kept crashing :cry:

[quote name='woodcan']Damnit, I wish I would have read this thread sooner. I actually dusted off my disc and started playing again the other day but for some reason my 360 would freeze when I got the Power and Glory DLC achievements (game had never frozen on me before on 360). Unfortunately, when I tried to boot up my PC copy it just kept crashing :cry:[/QUOTE]That was actually a month ago! :D

I tried playing rally again, but it STILL locks up between races. I tried a few new things some people think helped them including deleting all the free dlc including vip, turning off autosaving and clearing cache again. Still no luck. I was gonna buy all the DLC as a show of support, but why bother if I can't even play it? Considering how anticipated this game was for me, especially for traditional rally, the buggy mess (admittedly, mostly on pc) that this thing is kills me. Considering WRC 2011 has been announced and Deep Silver still hasn't said anything about releasing WRC 2010 in the US, I think I'll just have to import a copy for PS3 to get a proper rally fix.

Bsmiff, no Driver for me either. Haven't dug that series since Driver 2.

Oh man I was finally able to compete in the party modes, due to moving and getting actual good internet (cable vs satellite), and wow I had a blast.

I'm really good in Infection but man oh man I would mess up in Transporter a lot giving it to other drivers unintentionally. I'm not used to trying to hit cars either so they'll usually just go racing by me lol.

I'm up for some multiplayer though!

I received this from Gamefly a few days ago and I'm really enjoying the single player Tour mode, aside from some of the frustrating Gymkhana events. Unfortunately, I won't be able to sample the multiplayer offerings due to this being yet another Online Pass title. Requiring it is one thing but it just gets obnoxious seeing the pandering Codemasters does constantly with this game.

Load the game, redeem your online pass? Want to use this car? Redeem your pass. That was a great race! You should totally upload it to Youtube! Redeem your pass to access Youtube. I'm not spending $10 for a rental title so just leave me alone about it already. I'm not liking this popular trend.

These are also some great avatar awards and I've unlocked a couple thus far. I had a question about the ones that need "fanbase tiers" to unlock. I'm guessing that isn't the same as the single player driver level? Is that an online-only thing?

[quote name='gubmccargen']I had a question about the ones that need "fanbase tiers" to unlock. I'm guessing that isn't the same as the single player driver level? Is that an online-only thing?[/QUOTE]

Yes, fanbase is like your online XP. Though I haven't played Dirt 3 in a while, I am a major advocate for playing it online. Rallying is more fun with real players, and the Cat & Mouse competitive mode alone is worth buying the online pass for. Maybe not on a rental, but definitely if you buy the game used.

It is indeed a lousy trend, to charge for online access. Ubisoft recently screwed up when printing the redemption code cards for their similar Uplay online service in North American 360 releases of Driver: San Francisco. Since the codes weren't valid for new customers, Ubisoft made access to Uplay through Driver: SF totally free, and worldwide at that to make it fair for all players. It's nice when these almost devious post-purchase cost boosting schemes like DLC and online access backfire on publishers :)

Thanks for the info. I figured as much about the fanbase but at least I get the driving suit and helmet. :) The online sounds like a lot of fun, especially with the CAG crew, so hopefully you guys are still around and kicking online when it inevitably either comes down new or comes up in a Gamefly sale.

I hadn't heard about that fiasco with Driver but that's a great story. I love that they end up having to offer the online for "free" despite their best efforts. That's actually really good news for me as I have Driver high up on my queue. If you guys are still playing that one when it comes to me I'll try to join you.

This is random, but does directly pertain to my feelings on this game.

Yesterday before I went to work I grabbed some games off the shelf for potential trade-in consideration to take to Best Buy on my lunch break and Dirt 3 was one of them. Before trading something in, I basically look at the other games that I have in a genre when weighing in on getting rid of it, and the fact is that Forza 4 has exclusively dominated my racing fix since it came out.

To make a long story short, after looking up the trade values of the various games I grabbed and figured up the bonus I'd get towards Uncharted 3, I drive over to Best Buy and grab the games to take one last look before I get out of my car. I get to Dirt 3 and despite all the amazing things that game does well, the only thought that kept running through my head was "you can't drive in the snow at night in Forza 4".

Needless to say, I am still the proud owner of Dirt 3.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Needless to say, I am still the proud owner of Dirt 3.[/QUOTE]

Haha I know how ya feel. Some of the first cars I bought in Forza 4 were various rally cars. Shame you have to drive them all on the tarmac :)

Loaned my copy to a friend since rallies are still borked for me. We'll have to play some party mode games again when I get it back, especially since you're on faster internet now.

bread's done
Back